Author Topic: DoT Tour Setlist Predictions  (Read 6582 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Re: DoT Tour Setlist Predictions
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
Depends on how good DoT is

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »
Like others have said, I fully expect the second set to be SFAM, with a good chance of "The Glass Prison" being the encore (perhaps with one more shorter song after it?). The first set will probably be MOST of DOT, perhaps with "Surrender To Reason" thrown in, and one or two MP-era songs, but not much more than that.

I would LOVE to see them love the new album enough to play ALL of the songs from it live, but that depends on how much they like the material to play live, and if they want to neglect other songs from the previous 13 albums.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 06:36:57 PM »
an old one from Steven Wright:

I went down to the 24-hour grocery store.  When I got there, the guy was locking the front door.
I said, 'Hey, the sign says you’re open 24 hours.'
And he says, 'Yeah...., but not in a row.' :D

So, the setlist opens with 'Regression/Overture 1928/Strange Deja Vu', then 'In The Presence of Enemies Pt 1', two from DOT, 'Through My Words', 'Fatal Tragedy', 'Misunderstood', 'Beyond This Life', Through Her Eyes' (extended).....end of set one.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm 99% kidding.....but it certainly would be different.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Still playing the album, just spread through the sets, and its a nice nod to the concept having an act 1 and act 2.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Devin Townsend

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »
1 A Fortune In Lies
2 New Song
3 New Song
4 The Mirror/Lie
5 Bridges In The Sky
6 The new epic (15 min)

7-18 SFAM!!!

Encore:
19 Metropolis Part 1
20 Cover My Eyes

Offline Devin Townsend

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »
If TGP is in the encore it would be cool if Our New World was after it, closing the show.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 11:07:17 PM »
If TGP is in the encore it would be cool if Our New World was after it, closing the show.

I would like that but I have a feeling that there will be zero The Astonishing songs in the set.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2018, 11:14:44 PM »

I would like that but I have a feeling that there will be zero The Astonishing songs in the set.

I kind of hope this as well, mostly because they've already toured the HECK out of that album. The encore is supposed to represent songs that excite the fans, ones that the band are known for or are hits with their audiences, kind of like PMU and Metropolis, though I don't see them pulling those ones out. But I do hope they do play TGP (the static-ending of FF into TGP makes so much sense, especially between the 2nd set and the encore).

If the encore is two or more songs, I really hope they dig out something they have not played in awhile!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2018, 01:43:51 AM »
Like others have said, I fully expect the second set to be SFAM, with a good chance of "The Glass Prison" being the encore (perhaps with one more shorter song after it?). The first set will probably be MOST of DOT, perhaps with "Surrender To Reason" thrown in, and one or two MP-era songs, but not much more than that.

I would LOVE to see them love the new album enough to play ALL of the songs from it live, but that depends on how much they like the material to play live, and if they want to neglect other songs from the previous 13 albums.

-Marc.

JP said during the compositions that the idea was to write the songs in a way that they would sound during the concerts as powerful as they were sounding in the studio. If it's a "live driven writing mode", I think we could expect most of DOT live.

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2018, 03:10:52 AM »
First Set : DoT full album

Second Set : SFAM

Static...

Encore : AA suite
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2018, 04:45:21 AM »

Static...

unlikely, because the entire AA cycle is 57 minutes long, I doubt they'll do that, especially considering that DOT may be around 80 minutes long and Met2 is 77 (DOT length is just my guess though seeing as we don't know a lot about it as of now), I'd totally agree with both albums being played entirely though.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
They won't, but a potentially cool thing to do would be to play The Glass Prison in its entirety as encore, coming off the static noise outro of Finally Free, and then at the end jump into a short medley of the remaining songs (surely it would be a problem to sneak in the very mellow Repentance), just playing a verse or so from This Dying Soul and The Root of All Evil and tie it with the final section of The Shattered Fortress, ending the show on the "I am responsable" section. Maybe just an instrumental short medley of the most defining riff of those two other songs would do, and then jump directly to the final solo and ending of TSF.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2018, 05:17:16 AM »
I'm happy to go see them anyway (as ever, since MM came on board. Wasn't always the case earlier on, and I've seen three consecutive Portnoy-era tours)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline fluojn

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2018, 07:51:06 AM »
They won't, but a potentially cool thing to do would be to play The Glass Prison in its entirety as encore, coming off the static noise outro of Finally Free, and then at the end jump into a short medley of the remaining songs (surely it would be a problem to sneak in the very mellow Repentance), just playing a verse or so from This Dying Soul and The Root of All Evil and tie it with the final section of The Shattered Fortress, ending the show on the "I am responsable" section. Maybe just an instrumental short medley of the most defining riff of those two other songs would do, and then jump directly to the final solo and ending of TSF.
In that case they could play TGP and Shattered Fortress after that. SF revisits all other songs and considering the opening riff is from TGP it would make sense IMO.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2018, 04:18:41 PM »

Static...

Very cool idea!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »
No AA suite please! Great stuff but takes up too much space in a setlist or encore. Besides, that's more of MP's thing. DT can find plenty of other gems from their catalog to work with..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 07:10:06 PM »
12SS would be a monumental waste of time on their setlist :facepalm:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 12:49:42 AM »

Static...

That would be an INSANELEY long show. Nope lol

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »
No AA suite please! Great stuff but takes up too much space in a setlist or encore. Besides, that's more of MP's thing. DT can find plenty of other gems from their catalog to work with..

Yeah, it was cool seeing MP doing it but it would feel really weird if DT did.... too personal

Offline BeatriceNB

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
First set:

-Fall Into The Light
-This Dying Soul
-Lost Not Forgotten
-Paralyzed
-Blind Faith
-Barstool Warrior
-A Wit's End
-Breaking All Illusions

Set 2:

-SFAM

Encore:

-6:00
-Erotomania
-Scarred

(Based on some things that are recurrent in DT setlists)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »

Static...

Big no.  Aside from being temporally unfeasible, I might leave after TGP.

First set:

-Fall Into The Light
-This Dying Soul
-Lost Not Forgotten
-Paralyzed
-Blind Faith
-Barstool Warrior
-A Wit's End
-Breaking All Illusions

Set 2:

-SFAM

Encore:

-Erotomania
-Scarred

I LOVE BAI, but I think it's time to give that spot to something else.  I understand why you've got the mini-Awake set at the end, but I'm not sure about it.  Maybe give that album a nod on the second leg of the tour.  Good song choices, though.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline BeatriceNB

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2018, 03:02:40 PM »
"I LOVE BAI, but I think it's time to give that spot to something else.  I understand why you've got the mini-Awake set at the end, but I'm not sure about it.  Maybe give that album a nod on the second leg of the tour.  Good song choices, though"

Well, I can see them replacing it with Surrender To Reason and a short song from DOT.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2018, 07:32:31 PM »
"I LOVE BAI, but I think it's time to give that spot to something else.  I understand why you've got the mini-Awake set at the end, but I'm not sure about it.  Maybe give that album a nod on the second leg of the tour.  Good song choices, though"

Well, I can see them replacing it with Surrender To Reason and a short song from DOT.
Hello, Beatrice; so glad to see you, my friend.  :)

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 02:10:45 PM »
In the new issue of Prog magazine James says that they will be giving a nod to Awake for its anniversary so at least one song will come from there. A Mind Beside Itself for the end of set 1 or the encore perhaps?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »
In the new issue of Prog magazine James says that they will be giving a nod to Awake for its anniversary so at least one song will come from there. A Mind Beside Itself for the end of set 1 or the encore perhaps?

Hoping it's Erotomania + Voices.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »

Is there a link to this interview?

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »

Is there a link to this interview?
Not yet but it’s not much to worry about, it’s basically a small part of the press release in the news section and the Awake part is the only new info I found.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

Static...

Big no.  Aside from being temporally unfeasible, I might leave after TGP.

First set:

-Fall Into The Light
-This Dying Soul
-Lost Not Forgotten
-Paralyzed
-Blind Faith
-Barstool Warrior
-A Wit's End
-Breaking All Illusions

Set 2:

-SFAM

Encore:

-Erotomania
-Scarred

I LOVE BAI, but I think it's time to give that spot to something else.  I understand why you've got the mini-Awake set at the end, but I'm not sure about it.  Maybe give that album a nod on the second leg of the tour.  Good song choices, though.

Yup, it is time to set this one aside for a tour cycle (or two).

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 06:56:37 AM »
I hope they open with The Glass Prison

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 07:16:14 AM »
I hope they open with The Glass Prison

That would be sweet, but I'm guessing they will open with a song from the new record.

Offline Rammstein

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:26 AM »
Not so happy about Awake being celebrated, because of the already mentioned double celebration in 2014. Also because of poor James  :D. After the very demanding Images and Beyond Tour, they should have focused more on songs from FII upwards. Maybe give more love to 6D (besides TGP). That stuff is way more easy to sing for him than Awake stuff.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

Offline Devin Townsend

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2018, 11:39:29 PM »
First set:

-Fall Into The Light
-This Dying Soul
-Lost Not Forgotten
-Paralyzed
-Blind Faith
-Barstool Warrior
-A Wit's End
-Breaking All Illusions

Set 2:

-SFAM

Encore:

-Erotomania
-Scarred

How did you guess a songname before the tracklist was even released?  :o

Offline pg1067

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
First set:

-Fall Into The Light
-This Dying Soul
-Lost Not Forgotten
-Paralyzed
-Blind Faith
-Barstool Warrior
-A Wit's End
-Breaking All Illusions

Set 2:

-SFAM

Encore:

-Erotomania
-Scarred

How did you guess a songname before the tracklist was even released?  :o

The four song titles mentioned above were mentioned in an interview with JP that was published at least a few days to a week before the full track list was released.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2018, 09:04:24 AM »
Set 1: Distance Over Time

Set 2: Scenes From A Memory

Encore: A Mind Beside Itself then maybe Viper King.