Dream Theater > Dream Theater

DoT Tour Setlist Predictions

(1/14) > >>

jjfumbly:
Let's make some predictions, shall we?

What songs from the back catalog will make it onto the setlist? There will obviously be a decent amount from the new release, but I have a feeling we will be treated to some content from the later MP albums (2002-2009).
I read somewhere on the facebook page that the Scenes album will be played in its entirety. I would assume that they'd create a first setlist with a mix of new and old songs, followed by an intermission and then SFAM. There still needs to be an encore.
Since they're playing that album in its entirety, it would stand to reason that they would include the voice acting to add to the experience. I wonder if they would let Finally Free end with Nicholas dying and the static, then they take a break while the static remains before reemerging to bang out The Glass Prison as the encore.

That would be some sonic ecstasy.  :metal

SeRoX:
Well, I don't know if it is possible or not but my feelings say "The Glass Prison" will be an opener.

KevShmev:
Aside from Scenes, I won't be surprised to see only a few older songs.  They always play a lot of whatever new album they are touring on, so you gotta figure new songs will take up the bulk of the first set (assuming Scenes is the second set), so I could see only 2-3 older songs in the first set and then probably whatever the encore is.

devieira73:
First set: 40 min of DOT + Surrender to Reason + 30 min of others Pre-Mangini. I would love to see Glass Prision, but I guess it's too long for this particular structure of the show and maybe, since they will play a lot of new songs and songs never played by Mangini, they will choose the remaining songs from the last I&W tour.
Second set: Scenes, maybe doing Finally Free as an encore.

Mladen:
1. New song
2. This dying soul
3. Misunderstood
4. New song
5. New song
6. Surrender to reason
7. Bridges in the sky
8. New song
9. Trial of tears
----
11. Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a memory