1 (2.9%)
Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)
1 (2.9%)
Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
3 (8.8%)
Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: What's your Sign? (Astrology signs)  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
What's your Sign? (Astrology signs)
« on: July 05, 2020, 12:05:14 PM »
I'm typically the reason and rationality type, but I figured it would fun to see what everybody's sign is and do you agree with how it describes you?

https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/

I'm a Sagittarius and its scary how similar its description is to my personality, but I enjoyed reading it just for fun.

How about you guys? What's your sign and does it accurately describe you?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What's your Sign? (Astrology signs)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »
I'm a Virgo, but for some reason I clicked Sag by mistake.

Actually, I think it clicked view results and not submit vote. :facepalm: :lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:22:51 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »
I've been born on the night between February 18 and 19 so it's not certain, but I always thought that my sign is Aquarius.

Reading the description on the site you provided, Aquarius sounds like my jam. Describes me fairly well actually.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 12:25:23 PM »
I'm cancer. The description on that site hit a few points that are accurate, but more that aren't for me.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
Virgo here, a few of the things on the site fit, but I'd imagine if I went through every sign, I'd relate to bits and pieces.

I've always said that astrology is the professional wrestling of the sciences.  :biggrin:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 12:34:42 PM »
I've always said that astrology is the professional wrestling of the sciences.  :biggrin:

Yeah, not wanting to sound like a dick, but.... "every person born in the same month behave in the same way, and the same things occour to them, because planets". Ugh, no, hard pass.

I'm a sagittarius for the record, born 29th November.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
I'm a Taurus, and like every Taurus I don't believe in astrology.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »
I'm a Virgo, but for some reason I clicked Sag by mistake.

Actually, I think it clicked view results and not submit vote. :facepalm: :lol
Dammit I also voted wrong. I had a brainfart for a sec and thought Aquarius was Capricorn in english.  :blush

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 01:29:04 PM »
Taurus here.

Virgo here, a few of the things on the site fit, but I'd imagine if I went through every sign, I'd relate to bits and pieces.

I'll not have you insulting professional wrestling like that sir
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 04:58:58 PM »
Taurus here.

Pisces, but I don't care for astrology either.  I don't look like a fish, I don't act like a fish, but hey, I'll stick one in my ear every now and then  :biggrin:
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
Anyone who knows me would hardly be surprised that I'm a Capricorn.

When I meet someone who asks what my sign is, I say "Capricorn. I'm sorry."  :lol
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 06:34:31 PM »

But I bet you love food and fine things.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »

But I bet you love food and fine things.

I'd rather be a Scorpio than giving up food and fine things.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 07:37:55 PM »
Yeah, not wanting to sound like a dick, but.... "every person born in the same month behave in the same way, and the same things occour to them, because planets". Ugh, no, hard pass.

I'm a sagittarius for the record, born 29th November.

What's weird is that every Sagittarius I know has sounded like a dick.

;D :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 08:36:10 PM »
Taurus here.

I feel like such a shit now.  :'(

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 10:25:01 PM »
Gemini.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 07:47:18 AM »
Virgo. Like a boss.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 07:48:26 AM »
Dammit, Adami.  Dammit.   

Virgo. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »
Aquarius. Always liked the sound and look of that name, right down to the meaning 'water-bearer.' Also, one of my favorite bands ever is Aquaria, so, works out perfectly. As far as that link is concerned - I don't really believe in astrology but it is fun sometimes to read about it, so let's see:

Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian
Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof
Aquarius likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener
Aquarius dislikes: Limitations, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, people who disagree with them

See the thing about astrology is that these could apply to a whole bunch of other signs too... because these qualities are shared amongst a lot of people. Generally this is accurate; am I progressive? Not sure about that. Weaknesses are on point, though perhaps not aloof? At least not socially on the Internet, perhaps in person... The likes are kind of correct. The dislikes are spot-on and not at all correct; I dislike broken promises, dull situations (sometimes), and people who disagree with me  :lol but I LOVE 'being lonely' whatever that's supposed to mean. Limitations are nice, sometimes, too.

"Intellectual stimulation is by far the greatest aphrodisiac for Aquarius." Well, yeah.

Astrology is weird.

Also it says my best pairings are Leo and Sagittarius but literally every girl I've ever dated has been born sometime between February and May. Very odd. Aries and Taurus, man.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 04:07:28 PM »
"Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point"

yeah that's me.

my soulmate is Taurus.

"Capricorn – the Goat of Fear A goat with the tail of a fish is created to face fear and create panic. It is the sign of decisions made to be protected from monsters in our minds, lives, and immediate physical surrounding. Always ready to transform into something that scares those scary things off, Capricorn speaks of each natural chain reaction of fear, where one scary thing leads to many others, rising up as defensive mechanisms that only make things worse. Immersed in their secrecy, they face the world just as they are – brave enough to never run away, but constantly afraid of their inner monsters. "

Well, that cinches it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 05:26:15 PM »

Exactly.  It's nonsense.

I'm a scorpio, and some of the stuff at the link describes me, while some doesn't.  Not surprisingly, "some of it describes me a some of it doesn't" could be said of every other sign.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2020, 08:58:32 PM »

Same here, looking at the site a few things click like being shy and clean but some don't, like eating healthy for example.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2020, 10:48:22 PM »
Adding another Tally to the Virgo Squad.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 11:25:56 PM »
I’m a proud Libra.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 04:22:30 PM »
Gemini.  Can't tell you how many times I've killed my evil twin and yet he's still alive.  ???
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
I don't follow signs at all, but occasionally people ask, I say I don't know (I do now, but sometimes forget the actual two signs), they say what's your birthday and I say September 22 and I always get a different response (Virgo/Libra).  I know September 22 is the start of fall, so I guess my birthday is on the border and maybe that "means" I have mix, but what the hell do I know.  I don't particularly like these things as I feel they are self fulfilling prophecies.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 09:42:27 PM »
I think the entire thing is bullshit. Now that that's out of the way, years ago I'm a party at a friend's house. One of the regular crew was a flamboyantly gay dude, and naturally fun to have around at gatherings. At some point he walks up to somebody and says you're a Libra, aren't you? Why yes, how did you know? Oh, I can tell. Dude kept doing that throughout the evening, and damned if he didn't go something like 7 of 8, and the one time he was wrong he instantly shot back "then you're a Sagittarius, no doubt about it" and got that one right. It got kind of creepy after a while. By the end he'd just watch somebody for a few minutes, point, and shout (in my case) "Ha, Virgo!" and then that person would turn kind of pail an quickly leave the room. Took him a while to figure me out, but got it on his first guess.  For the life of me I have no idea how he did it. He was a cool guy, but he wasn't smart enough to cold read an open book. He wasn't lifting people's wallets looking for driver's licenses. Searching my name on the internet isn't going to get you my birthday. I really can't think of anything more likely than his own explanation of "oh, I can tell."
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2020, 02:04:32 AM »
I know September 22 is the start of fall

In a traditional sense, sure. But the ACTUAL change of season (cue acoustic intro) happens at the specific moment of the equinox, and so it might happen that autumn begins on the 23rd of September in some cases, like in 2018.

Last year and this year it will be on the 22nd however.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!