General > Movies and TV

Detective Pikachu movie

(1/3) > >>

Lonk:
I don't know if this was posted but a Pokemon Movie? Sounds good, not sure that it will be. I will probably still watch it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM

Adami:
I know nothing of Pokemon other than being annoyed at how popular it was in my younger years. This looked pretty fun to me. Which means I assume pokemon fans will hate it.

I was a little disappointed, however, that Ryan Reynolds is just playing himself in this. I don't get when celebs just play themselves in voice over work. I loved Bradley Cooper as Rocket, cause it's a completely different voice and character for him. I wish more celebs would do that. I hear Pikachu or whatever in this movie and I just hear Deadpool. And I love Deadpool, but I don't need all his other characters to be that.

Act god dammit!

The Walrus:
Pokemon rules. I'm picking up the new game tomorrow. This movie I'm not sure is my kind of thing but I've been following it forever and I'm glad to see it finally coming out. It looks all right, for what it is, after all, but I haven't been into any Pokemon movies since the first 3. I'll probably catch this after its theatrical run is over.

Ninjabait:

--- Quote from: Adami on November 15, 2018, 01:58:57 PM ---I know nothing of Pokemon other than being annoyed at how popular it was in my younger years. This looked pretty fun to me. Which means I assume pokemon fans will hate it.

--- End quote ---

Pokemon fan here, just gonna say that this looks better than most of the past like...10 movies they've put out.

Admittedly, I was skeptical at first. I was like "Wait, they're making a live-action Pokemon movie? Based on a spin-off game? That they just released?" but then I saw the trailer and now I am 100% on-board. This is up there with Fantastic Beasts 2, HtTYD3, and the Marvel movies as one of the upcoming movies I'm most excited for!

The Walrus:
The Mr. Mime in the trailer made me laugh, and that Charizard looks awesome. It could spell good things for Pokemon films in the future if it does well!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version