Author Topic: New York City - Beacon Theatre - April 12th 2019  (Read 2190 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
New York City - Beacon Theatre - April 12th 2019
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:08:46 PM »
So who's going to DT's SOLD OUT NYC SHOW?!?!

I can't believe I didn't buy a ticket (I had an issue with ticketmaster the day of so couldn't get a decent seat and then just said fuck it, I'll wait).  Now the secondary market prices are absolutely insane!  I've never seen a DT concert like this.  I'm happy for them to sell out a venue they play at all the time and I've yet to see sell out.  However, I need a ticket (or two, my friend says he wants to go but I'm thinking he may back out after seeing these prices).  If anyone knows who is selling please let me know. 

Also, any chance of a DTF meet up? 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: New York City - Beacon Theatre - April 12th 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:20:13 PM »
I posted this at the original D/T forum but I’ll summarize the story.

I bought tickets during presale and got amazing seats. Row A center orch, aisle seats. A month later I receive a call from beacon Theater that my tickets were cancelled since those were accessible seats. When I asked them “now what, are you giving me other options for tickets” their response was “go buy more tickets online, show is not sold out”. I tried, except that all the good seats were gone and resale prices were crazy.

I said “fuck it” and bought tickets for the Philly show that Saturday. Row AA left center orch. Gonna make a weekend trip out of it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
I'll be there for my second of three shows in four days (also hitting NJ the 10th and Philly the 13th) :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »
I'll be there!

This will be my 10th DT show and am really looking forward to seeing SFAM and D/T tunes. :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
A few single tickets came available, I was about to buy but my friend got back to me and said he wants to go still too, so we agreed, looks like we might wait until day of to get a pair of tickets.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:29 AM »
Awww shit I am in, they released a few tickets just recently, got two seats in the last row on the floor for face value  :metal :metal :metal

The Red Bank show last night was awesome so really happy I am getting to see this show again in NYC.

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »
I just found a single ticket in the 7th row orchestra. Face value, released by TM. The benefits of going to concerts alone.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »
Nice  :metal

That's really what I was hoping for but since I was fishing for my friends ticket too, I didn't want to chance it any longer since I was able to get the ones I got.  Tonight should be a lot of fun, their home base, they had a day off to drink beers, should be energized for the first sold out show here that I've seen DT perform.  I googled the capacity, just about 2.9k, pretty solid turn out   :yarr

Offline Mladen

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 05:00:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwXsO7hjf7o

"...and I believe the Portnoy family is here tonight." That just felt good to see.  :metal

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 06:23:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwXsO7hjf7o

"...and I believe the Portnoy family is here tonight." That just felt good to see.  :metal

I can personally confirm. I spoke to Marlene and Max while I was on the line outside. She mentioned Melody was on her way.

The Petrucci family was in front of me. Petrucci threw picks at his Mom. It was awesome. Mom stood the entire time.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 07:11:08 AM »
It was awesome. I spoke with Marlene and Max as well and took a picture with Max. What a wonderful family!

Offline Grizz

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
I believe that Rena Petrucci was at Mike Portnoy's The Shattered Fortress. Glad to see signs of amicability in a historically tenuous friendship.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 05:25:00 AM »
Yeah, the Petruccis were there for Shattered Fortress. John's wife's all female Judas Priest cover band also opened for Metal Allegiance last fall and I'm pretty sure that John and Mike's daughters are sharing an apartment together somewhere in Brooklyn
Photobucket sucks.