Author Topic: Jason Becker album review?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Jason Becker album review?
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »
Hi guys, we received a copy of Jason Becker's album - would anyone like to review it?
If so, please send me a PM.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Re: Jason Becker album review?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:59:45 AM »
 For those that don't know, Jason ha been paralyzed since the early 90's, and his family created a software through which he can write music and communicate with the world - he even use Twitter every now and then. He wrote the whole album, and his friends helped him record it: Steve Vai, Satriani, Gutrie Govan, Richi Kotzen, Marty Friedman, Uli Jon Roth etc., all play on the album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:42:41 PM »
If anyone hasn't seen his Not Dead Yet documentary, get on it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »
If anyone hasn't seen his Not Dead Yet documentary, get on it.

Such an inspirational man. I know that if I was in his shoes I would not be facing life with the same grac3 and strength that Jason is.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »
 I think we all should support the man and buy a copy of this album. I have listened to it, and it's VERY good. I just purchased my copy today.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
Is the album self-titled?  If it's on iTunes I'll get it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:45:20 PM »
Is the album self-titled?  If it's on iTunes I'll get it.

It's called Triumphant Hearts.

Offline frogprog

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 06:49:53 PM »
Thank you for this thread. I wasn't aware of Jason Becker but after seeing this i found Not Dead Yet on Amazon prime video. Quite sad but a!so what an inspirational story. The perseverance of Jason and the love of his family and friends are incredible. I highly recommend it to everyone and yes I will be purchasing his new album to support Jason and his family.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »
Thank you for this thread. I wasn't aware of Jason Becker but after seeing this i found Not Dead Yet on Amazon prime video. Quite sad but a!so what an inspirational story. The perseverance of Jason and the love of his family and friends are incredible. I highly recommend it to everyone and yes I will be purchasing his new album to support Jason and his family.

If you are a guitar fan, check out Perpetual Burn, it's mindblowing.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bentower

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 06:07:36 AM »

If you are a guitar fan, check out Perpetual Burn, it's mindblowing.

Yep, it sure is! I'll also recommend listening to The End of The Beginning from the Perspective album. Michael Lee Firkins plays beautifully on that and the piece is really moving (an early, epic composition of his ALS phase).
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 06:42:05 AM »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 08:50:19 AM »
Check out this song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=383enwslc3k&feature=youtu.be
Was just about to post that, beautiful song.

I love this quote from him:
"Some people feel sorry for me," he concedes, "and I understand that. I really feel lucky though. I don't miss playing guitar anymore. I'm sure that's out of necessity, but I am grateful for so much more. I am surrounded by loving people, and I can still make music."

It's hard for me to not feel humble when I compare my own life and the stupid things I complain about over his.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:02:43 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 10:22:11 AM »
I think we all should support the man and buy a copy of this album. I have listened to it, and it's VERY good. I just purchased my copy today.

I did. Just read about the release and pre-ordered it on Amazon. What an incredible story he was able to write all this. Can't wait to hear it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
He will have a live broadcast on Facebook where he answers questions from the fans tomorrow night. I think I'll join in!