Author Topic: FRIDAY RELEASES  (Read 79741 times)

Offline nick_z

Re: FRIDAY RELEASES
« Reply #1260 on: November 17, 2023, 08:39:31 AM »
Eldritch - "Innervoid " this Friday. New vocalist sounds great on the singles they released.

Big fan of early Eldritch albums...some Italian pride there  ;) (interestingly, the band originally was from around the same area I lived in for over 10 years). I thought they were always quite original, combining prog metal with some technical thrash influences. Their first three albums are so good, El Nino in particular might be my favorite. Can't say I followed them as closely in recent years.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1261 on: November 18, 2023, 02:30:20 PM »
Eldritch - "Innervoid " this Friday. New vocalist sounds great on the singles they released.

Big fan of early Eldritch albums...some Italian pride there  ;) (interestingly, the band originally was from around the same area I lived in for over 10 years). I thought they were always quite original, combining prog metal with some technical thrash influences. Their first three albums are so good, El Nino in particular might be my favorite. Can't say I followed them as closely in recent years.

I love all their stuff but the new one is more melodic, such a great album. I hope you give it a spin.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1262 on: November 18, 2023, 02:35:58 PM »

I love all their stuff but the new one is more melodic, such a great album. I hope you give it a spin.

I got Portrait Of The Abyss Within when it came out, but I never followed up with them after that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1263 on: November 18, 2023, 02:39:37 PM »

I got Portrait Of The Abyss Within when it came out, but I never followed up with them after that.

They sound much better now imo. The new singer takes them to a new level.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1264 on: November 18, 2023, 05:36:09 PM »
I own El Nino.  Couldn't tell you a thing about it.  Brent then sent me the song Before I Die in a roulette years ago.  That's a great song I still spin from time to time.  Maybe I'll find that El Nino CD.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1265 on: November 18, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »
I own El Nino.  Couldn't tell you a thing about it.  Brent then sent me the song Before I Die in a roulette years ago.  That's a great song I still spin from time to time.  Maybe I'll find that El Nino CD.

Do it, it’s worth it :)

I mean, I’m sure there’s some 90s nostalgia associated to it, but it’s a great album…

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2023, 03:46:26 AM »
I'll go and find it tomorrow and give it a spin.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1267 on: November 22, 2023, 11:15:02 PM »
Don't know if it's the time of year, but I've got absolutely nothing for tomorrow.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1268 on: November 23, 2023, 03:22:07 AM »
Same, nada this week.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1269 on: November 23, 2023, 07:22:24 AM »
Don't know if it's the time of year, but I've got absolutely nothing for tomorrow.

Not even this one??

I mean, it has a zombie on the cover.

This is pretty rocking! :metal

https://open.spotify.com/album/1v8mlhiZBWLNLJVj2CCS0d?si=FYY9P0HsR6SZ8kZXiycq9g
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1270 on: November 23, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »
Burden of Grief and the Crimson Moonlight EP are the two that might potentially interest people.  Then there's DEADLIFE, Lawrence English, Leather Strip, and Weeping Silence, which would have more limited appeal. 

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1271 on: November 27, 2023, 01:44:44 PM »
I gotta come clean... the album Dolly Parton dropped 11/17 is really good.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1272 on: November 28, 2023, 01:50:57 PM »
On the wind down for the year now. Just got a few for Friday...

Minor Threat - Out of Step Outtakes
Plini - Mirage
Unprocessed - ...and Everything in Between

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1273 on: November 28, 2023, 02:30:00 PM »
the last big release week of the year

Codeseven - Go Let It In
Peter Gabriel - i/o
Giant Sky - Giant Sky II

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1274 on: November 28, 2023, 07:05:09 PM »

Peter Gabriel - i/o

So this is actually coming out, for real?  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1275 on: November 28, 2023, 07:10:40 PM »

When Crow originally had an EP round in the last roulette, I had an Unprocessed song (Dinner) to lead it off.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1276 on: November 30, 2023, 08:41:26 PM »

Peter Gabriel - i/o

I dunno, I got an email from Amazon saying it's not getting here until Saturday now. I'm suspicious!

Offline pfillion

« Reply #1277 on: December 01, 2023, 06:45:52 AM »
The new Giant Sky album just dropped today, and I've started giving it a spin. So far, it's shaping up to be really promising. Gotta say, they've got big shoes to fill since their debut album was a total fave of mine in 2021.

https://giantskyband.bandcamp.com/album/giant-sky-ii

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:51:37 AM by pfillion »

Offline HOF

« Reply #1278 on: December 01, 2023, 09:09:36 AM »
Randy McStine - Unintentional

https://rmcstine.bandcamp.com/album/unintentional

Pretty cool stuff that is a mix of instrumentals and vocal pieces with just Randy and Marco Minnemann. Very loose, live, jam type feel (though obviously not recorded like that since it's just the two of them). Very much a 70s type guitar album. Has a great overall sound (mixed by Rich Mouser).

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1279 on: December 01, 2023, 09:17:03 AM »

When Crow originally had an EP round in the last roulette, I had an Unprocessed song (Dinner) to lead it off.
Just on the first track of my first listen to the new album, and is it just me or is the production absolutely horrible?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1280 on: December 01, 2023, 12:22:59 PM »
Another new one I'm checking out now. A band/project called Harp. Very atmospheric, kind of proggy, kind of 80s British indy-pop/new wave. Kind of like The Cure meets Camel or something.

https://harpband.bandcamp.com/album/albion

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1281 on: December 01, 2023, 12:58:58 PM »

Peter Gabriel - i/o

I dunno, I got an email from Amazon saying it's not getting here until Saturday now. I'm suspicious!

Well, I did listen to it, so it exists  :biggrin: I ordered the 2-CD edition (I didn't go for the version with the blu-ray...I'll stream the immersive, in-side mix, if I need to  :)). I had maybe listened to one of the tracks before release, so I went in blind. First impression from streaming was pretty great, and his voice sounds wonderful.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1282 on: December 01, 2023, 01:08:51 PM »
The new Giant Sky album just dropped today, and I've started giving it a spin. So far, it's shaping up to be really promising. Gotta say, they've got big shoes to fill since their debut album was a total fave of mine in 2021.

https://giantskyband.bandcamp.com/album/giant-sky-ii

I hear you, but I have to admit, hearing it right now..this might be even better.

I never gave in and spent the $22+ extra in shipping to get the debut on vinyl, but I decided to bite the bullet and buy it today. It is a bandcamp friday at least.

Another new one I'm checking out now. A band/project called Harp. Very atmospheric, kind of proggy, kind of 80s British indy-pop/new wave. Kind of like The Cure meets Camel or something.

this is the former singer from Midlake. I'm curious about this for sure.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1283 on: December 01, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »

Just listened to a track.  I might already be sold. 

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1284 on: December 07, 2023, 02:50:45 PM »
Looking forward to this one tomorrow:

Inculter - Morbid Origins

Their previous one, Fatal Visions (from 2019), was a great slab of old-school thrash (slightly death-ened) with early Sepultura and Slayer influences. The one song I've heard from the new one sounds promising.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1285 on: December 08, 2023, 03:35:17 AM »

Their previous one, Fatal Visions (from 2019), was a great slab of old-school thrash (slightly death-ened) with early Sepultura and Slayer influences. The one song I've heard from the new one sounds promising.

Yea I'll give this a spin.

All I've got today is the new Dimmu Borgir covers album, Inspiratio Profanus.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #1286 on: December 08, 2023, 10:04:00 AM »

Hell yeah  :metal   This album rips!  It definitely got my morning started off in a good way.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1287 on: December 08, 2023, 01:27:41 PM »

Hell yeah  :metal   This album rips!  It definitely got my morning started off in a good way.

Agreed! Posted my initial thoughts in the ...listening thread...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1288 on: December 15, 2023, 12:01:30 PM »

The Leviathan trilogy comes to an end with Therion, pioneers of symphonic metal, releasing Leviathan III. Three albums worth of material divided over the course of three releases. First Leviathan was all the "hit" songs (after years of experimentation, they decided to do an album that sounded like their classic stuff), the second album was a bit more moody and melanchonic, and this is the experimental one, with "anything goes" songs.

A good trilogy of albums to introduce new fans and to re-estabilish the band that went on a studio album hiatus after 2010 to work, among other things, on a rock opera released in 2018, Beloved Antichrist (a triple album!).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1289 on: January 06, 2024, 12:43:05 PM »
Did anyone have anything decent to kick off the year on Friday?

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1290 on: January 06, 2024, 12:48:31 PM »
nothing on my end :/
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1291 on: January 06, 2024, 01:23:46 PM »
I actually did listen to a surprisingly good platter of death metal that came out yesterday

At The Plates - Omnivore

I didn’t use “platter” randomly, as all the songs appear to be food-themed ;) I mean, the band’s name should give a hint. Not only that, but the song titles are seemingly plays on existing death metal songs’ titles (Punish My Waistline, Terminal Filet Disease, Roastwell 47 and others…)

Anyway…lyrically it’s clearly a bit gimmicky, but it’s really quite good. A bit Death, a bit Carcass…kinda technical but not too much.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1292 on: January 06, 2024, 01:28:26 PM »
That reminds me of a sillier take on what these guys were doing, who are quite good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7scbkfP-Z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85rRNICYOn0

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1293 on: January 06, 2024, 02:37:04 PM »
I actually did listen to a surprisingly good platter of death metal that came out yesterday

At The Plates - Omnivore

I didn’t use “platter” randomly, as all the songs appear to be food-themed ;) I mean, the band’s name should give a hint. Not only that, but the song titles are seemingly plays on existing death metal songs’ titles (Punish My Waistline, Terminal Filet Disease, Roastwell 47 and others…)

Anyway…lyrically it’s clearly a bit gimmicky, but it’s really quite good. A bit Death, a bit Carcass…kinda technical but not too much.

With Their Cutlets, He'll Marinate   :lol

Nick, I sampled this yesterday. Musicwise, it was good, but then the rest...was ridicuous. :lol
I logged it on my 2024 sheet. but I don't think I Saved a single release yesterday.

Offline Pappy

« Reply #1294 on: January 07, 2024, 08:14:32 AM »
Royal Republic came out with a new tune. It's not too late to become aware of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKNyt1xLOc&pp=ygUXcm95YWwgcmVwdWJsaWMgbXkgaG91c2U%3D