Author Topic: The Box Office Thread - Show Me the MONEY!  (Read 4850 times)

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
Re: The Box Office Thread - Show Me the MONEY!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 08:16:37 AM »
I've heard it's left kids, the target audience, pretty distressed and despondent, and I'd think parents therefore won't be in a hurry to take them again.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
I'm very curious what the breakdown of moviegoers is for these MCU movies. To me, it always appears they are made in mind mainly for the adults who grew up reading these back in the 70s and 80s. I would think the money making crowd is their main draw.
I never thought kids are what make up the majority of the audience.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
I've heard it's left kids, the target audience, pretty distressed and despondent, and I'd think parents therefore won't be in a hurry to take them again.

I’m not sure little kids are the target audience.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »
Found this blurb from boxofficemojo.com

Looking ahead, Infinity War received an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences. Audiences were 58% male with 58% of the overall audience coming in over the age of 25.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 12:25:17 PM »
It made the largest global opening ever at $630 million world wide (beating Fate of the furious $543 million) and made $250 Million domestically beating TFA

Offline jammindude

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 12:38:19 PM »
It's pretty rare that I want to go see a movie more than once in the theater.   But I totally want to do this one more than once.   I'll do it 3 times or more if given opportunity.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »

I’m not sure little kids are the target audience.

Flying dudes versus a purple space goblin? Sounds like it's for the younguns to me!

Anyway, proof that I totally know what I'm talking about:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43944269

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »
I'm a little concerned that China is such a big influence on worldwide box office numbers now. They apparently have terrible taste in movies. Venom just cracked $800 million in large part due to China. There have been some other mediocre movies that have done OK in the US and were huge in China. I don't want studios to purposefully pump out crappy movies just to appeal to Chinese tastes.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »
I'm a little concerned that China is such a big influence on worldwide box office numbers now. They apparently have terrible taste in movies. Venom just cracked $800 million in large part due to China. There have been some other mediocre movies that have done OK in the US and were huge in China. I don't want studios to purposefully pump out crappy movies just to appeal to Chinese tastes.
Money talks, this isn't a new phenomenon. There have been a ton of movies that reference or take place in China, if that is what makes the studios money then that is what they will do.