Author Topic: South Park  (Read 6661 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: South Park
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 07:03:40 AM »
I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me - I'll watch tonight!

I think the movie aged terribly. Even back in 2005 I remember watching it thinking... wow, some of this is rough. Still has some classic moments though. I agree with Adami about Randy, though. The serialization of the show made him less funny to me. We get it, Tegridy Farms
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:09:33 AM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2020, 11:10:52 PM »
The Pandemic Special was almost too much for me and I can handle a lot from South Park.  I think it's the bestiality stuff that got to me but I did love how "The Pandemic Special" had different levels to it and also the unqualified teacher thing was great since my wife is a teacher and it's relatable.

I can still watch the BLU movie and not get bored of it.  It has my all-time favourite burn "I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2020, 05:20:08 AM »
Love South Park, but could never get into the movie. First time I saw it I was like 9 and a couple mins in was like "what the hell is this", lol.

Being so young, there's no way I could have appreciated a musical.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
Honestly, they need to move off Randy for a bit. I love Randy but the show has kind of become The Randy Show the last few years and it’s wearing thin. But overall it was cute.

I remembering reading about how the episode titled "Season Finale", which was only the 5th episode of this last season, was gonna be the last time we get a Tegridy farm-centeric plot. They did lay it off until the end of the season, but then this special brought it back. But I think it worked how they used it in the special though.

I think the movie aged terribly. Even back in 2005 I remember watching it thinking... wow, some of this is rough. Still has some classic moments though. I agree with Adami about Randy, though. The serialization of the show made him less funny to me. We get it, Tegridy Farms

Yeah I pretty much want them to back away from Randy a bit, I don't know if they're gonna go as far as having the family move back to the city and abandon Tegridy Farms all together, but Stan has been complaining about it almost as much as the fan base so that could be a way out.

The Pandemic Special was almost too much for me and I can handle a lot from South Park.  I think it's the bestiality stuff that got to me but I did love how "The Pandemic Special" had different levels to it and also the unqualified teacher thing was great since my wife is a teacher and it's relatable.

I can't blame you on the bestiality thing. To me, the animation is just too sloppy for me to have a serious sickened reaction to it.

Love South Park, but could never get into the movie. First time I saw it I was like 9 and a couple mins in was like "what the hell is this", lol.

Being so young, there's no way I could have appreciated a musical.

I could appreciate a musical as an episode, I used to eat it up when Family Guy or The Simpsons did it, but a full movie is too much for me.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2020, 07:12:53 AM »
I think Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was peak South Park, but I'm a sucker for musicals.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
I was watching the Jonas Brothers episode with Mickey Mouse last night and when they parody the JB songs with "Bay-bay~" it always bothered me what that sounded like. But I finally made the connection. It sounds like Bon Jovi singing "you give love a bah-yud name in Shot Through The Heart  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »
:lol
Dude it beats me how Disney never thought to sue them over their depiction of Mickey, my kids were watching some Club House the other day and I just couldn't help but think of the version from Southpark heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2021, 09:57:12 AM »
Watched the 45min covid/vaccination special

It was solid

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2021, 09:03:25 PM »
I liked it, but I thought the Pandemic special was much better.
I don't understand what's going on though, shouldn't a regular season have started by now? I didn't see any announcements about future plans.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2021, 05:46:01 AM »
I thought the Pandemic Special was better as well, but I loved seeing all the old characters in the latest one.   

I'm beginning to wonder if South Park is going to go the way of The Grand Tour and just do a number of lengthy specials each year instead of traditional seasons.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2021, 05:53:20 AM »
Oh damn, I didn't realize there were two separate covid specials, lol

I have to go watch the first one

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »
Well, that's quite the pay day...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-05/south-park-creators-sign-900-million-deal-for-more-episodes-movies

South Park through season 30 and 14 movies.... That's a lot of content.