Author Topic: E.H.P.D Colossal Failure  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
E.H.P.D Colossal Failure
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »
Revisiting SFAM in preparation for the tour and celebration of it's anniversary.
Noticed for the first time in 20 years that the Echo's Hill Police Department's investigation failed to realize that the witness is the perpetrator's brother, or realized it but took his statement just the same without any suspicions.
It's been 90 years since the incident so I'm hoping the E.H.P.D. has better detectives and data base by now  :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online MirrorMask

Re: E.H.P.D Colossal Failure
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »
Wasn't it all explained away by saying that since Edward is a senator, he kinda buried everything under the sand?

Let's also remember that Julian, the "suicider", had two shots in his body.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »
I haven't heard that, I mean I knew Ed was a senator but I didn't know he arranged a cover-up with the police. That's one big cover-up though, he must've paid dearly to return that favor. But it's a feasible explanation for something that took place in 1928.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »
If there were ever an anniversary box set for SFAM, it would be cool to create and include a mock case file with a police report, etc.

Also, by the way, it's "Echo's hill," not "Echo Hill," and I always assumed "Echo's hill" was simply a location and not the name of a town.  On the LSFNY DVD commentary track, Jordan mentioned that there was a t-shirt that had the newspaper article from which the lyrics to "Beyond This Life" were taken.  I wonder if that t-shirt identified the locality.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
Ever deadly suicide
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
Ever deadly suicide

I thought it was "evidently suicide"..

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »
Ever deadly suicide

LOL!

It is, although, for the longest time, I thought he said "ever deadly," and only learned fairly recently that it's "evidently."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »
Ever deadly suicide

LOL!

It is, although, for the longest time, I thought he said "ever deadly," and only learned fairly recently that it's "evidently."

Oh, it is 'evidently', but I heard 'ever-deadly' for years and I occasionally still hear that. I think it's rather funny.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline pg1067

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
Ever deadly suicide

LOL!

Oh, it is 'evidently', but I heard 'ever-deadly' for years and I occasionally still hear that. I think it's rather funny.

Ditto.  If I'm singing along, I have to catch myself.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »
Ever deadly suicide

LOL!

Its funnier you guys never even looked at the album booklet.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »
On the LSFNY DVD commentary track, Jordan mentioned that there was a t-shirt that had the newspaper article from which the lyrics to "Beyond This Life" were taken.

If memory serves, you have it backwards.  As I recall, he wasn't saying it was a real newspaper article.  They had a fake newspaper with those words from the song lyrics, and that newspaper was on the shirt.  He mentioned wearing that to, I think it was his daughter's piano recital or something like that, and getting looks from other parents.  :lol  That's my best recollection without going back and listening to it again.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
Ever deadly suicide

LOL!

Its funnier you guys never even looked at the album booklet.

Ummmm....Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I tend not to look at album booklets after the first few listens to the album.  The days of sitting in my room following along with the lyrics while listening to an album over and over were long gone before SFAM was released.

When I thought Sting sang "I'm a pool hall ace" in "Every Breath You Take," I knew that didn't make sense, so when I eventually bought Synchonicity, one of the first things I did was to check the lyrics to see what he actually was singing.

But "ever deadly suicide" at least makes a little bit of sense, so it's not like I was thinking, "geee...if only there was some way to find out what he's singing!"  It sounded like "ever deadly suicide," and it made enough sense that I didn't feel the need to go back and confirm.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »
On the LSFNY DVD commentary track, Jordan mentioned that there was a t-shirt that had the newspaper article from which the lyrics to "Beyond This Life" were taken.

If memory serves, you have it backwards.  As I recall, he wasn't saying it was a real newspaper article.  They had a fake newspaper with those words from the song lyrics, and that newspaper was on the shirt.  He mentioned wearing that to, I think it was his daughter's piano recital or something like that, and getting looks from other parents.  :lol  That's my best recollection without going back and listening to it again.

You're right, and I wasn't saying otherwise -- i.e., I wasn't saying it was a real article, although I didn't phrase it too clearly.  The t-shirt depicted a fake newspaper article that contained the lyrics.  You're also right about the context (although I think it was a dance recital) and him getting dirty looks.  I was just wondering if the article on the t-shirt included the name of the paper (e.g., the Metropolis Gazette or something like that).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »
Ummmm....Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I tend not to look at album booklets after the first few listens to the album.  The days of sitting in my room following along with the lyrics while listening to an album over and over were long gone before SFAM was released.

But "ever deadly suicide" at least makes a little bit of sense, so it's not like I was thinking, "geee...if only there was some way to find out what he's singing!"  It sounded like "ever deadly suicide," and it made enough sense that I didn't feel the need to go back and confirm.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I don't typically have time to sit and read through an entire set of album lyrics and only check on specific songs or passages that I can't figure out that don't sound right.  If you felt like "ever deadly suicide" made enough sense and sounded correct, you wouldn't feel compelled to look that up and double check it.

When I thought Sting sang "I'm a pool hall ace" in "Every Breath You Take," I knew that didn't make sense...

:lolpalm:  And I say :lolpalm: simply because that was EXACTLY what I thought he was saying there as well, and it wasn't until MUCH more recently that I figured out the correct lyric. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »
I'M A POOOL HAAAAAAL AACE!! :metal
Squ

Offline pg1067

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
When I thought Sting sang "I'm a pool hall ace" in "Every Breath You Take," I knew that didn't make sense...

:lolpalm:  And I say :lolpalm: simply because that was EXACTLY what I thought he was saying there as well, and it wasn't until MUCH more recently that I figured out the correct lyric.

I'M A POOOL HAAAAAAL AACE!! :metal

At some point many years ago, my wife and I were at a bookstore, and came across this book:

https://smile.amazon.com/Scuse-While-Kiss-This-Guy/dp/0671501283/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541802999&sr=8-1&keywords=scuse+me+while+i+kiss+this+guy

Most of it is absolutely hilarious, and I believe this may have been where I learned that Sting is not, in fact a pool hall ace (as opposed to looking at the lyrics book).