Author Topic: Am I the only one who feels the SFaM anniversary is unnecessary/a waste?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

They already did a little tribute to it back on the tour for the S/T album; we really don't need a rehash just a few years later.

They already celebrated the 20th anniversary of Awake on that tour, so no need for a 25th anniversary showcase.  FII falls on an off year, and anything else would be too recent.

WAIT!!!  There *is* something that fits perfectly with a milestone!

30th anniversary of WDaDU, duh.  Of course I'll go see them and enjoy the show, but c'mon, it's RIGHT THERE.

Offline pg1067

Re: Am I the only one who feels the SFaM anniversary is unnecessary/a waste?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »
First of all, why the rush to judgment without even knowing exactly what the plan is?  Second, what could they possibly do with WDADU that the didn't do 15 years ago?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:24 PM »
You're not the only one. I don't feel seeing SFAM again is all that. Then again, DT has gotten a lot more fans since I saw it live in 2000, and many of those fans never got the chance. So, I see why they are doing it. It is an anniversary, it will put some more butts in the seats given perhaps a little bit of a misstep (not artistically, but perhaps business-wise) with The Astonishing, and kills two birds with one stone -- a tour promoting the new record, and a second set with a fan-favorite album.

It is very smart marketing if done right.

But personally, I have no interest in seeing SFAM live again. It was cool 19 years ago at Roseland in NYC, and the energy from the band was incredible in a GA place. I think a theater setting (which is what they are doing in San Fran) will kill that energy. So for me, this is an easy pass.

But I am glad for the fans who never got to see the album performed in its entirety.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »
Am I the only one who feels the SFaM anniversary is unnecessary/a waste?

Am I the only one who feels that starting a thread to complain about the band's thinking outside the box to do something cool for the fans is rude and tacky?  I'm guessing the answer is "no."  Come on.  Think before you post.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."