Author Topic: Warcraft III: Reforged  (Read 1171 times)

Online PetFish

Warcraft III: Reforged
« on: November 02, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/

Yes!

I just re-installed Warcraft III and have been thinking how cool it would be to see a remastered version especially if they aren't planning a Warcraft IV what with RTSs not being very popular these days.  But if this is successful maybe they'll go for it and I'll be all over it.

Starcraft is neat but I really prefer the smaller armies and hero unit dynamics of Warcraft.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Warcraft III: Reforged
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:32:59 AM »
I am so pumped for this. I would spend hours playing custom maps and hearing that they'll work with the new engine I really hope that brings some of the community back.

Offline max_security

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »
Man I wish they would do the same with Diablo II.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
Man I wish they would do the same with Diablo II.

Instead, all you get from the Diablo front is a mobile game......  :loser:  That's rather unfortunate.

Online PetFish

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »
Just did the pre-purchase so I'm good to go.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 05:43:41 AM »
I would spend hours playing custom maps and hearing that they'll work with the new engine I really hope that brings some of the community back.
Me too. Even 5-9 years ago, Battle.net was more like amilliondotagamesandonecoolcustommapgame.net.

I would love to get this and actually learn how to play a decent PvP game too... I was 11 when WC3 was released and my reflexes weren't the best :P

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »
I used to love the Warcraft games and RTS in general, but my interest has faded.  I'm not sure I'd buy this just because as cool as I think it is and how much I used to love these games, I just don't see myself actually playing it.  (I feel the same way about most retro game comebacks, great for the fans and cool in general, just not for me)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »
I love RTS games.  But I just don't have the time.  I never even got Starcraft II, but I am pretty sure I would have loved it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online PetFish

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
At least you can play an RTS game and it has a finite ending and doesn't go on forever so you can actually just play for a bit and then you're done.

With MMOs it never ends and they suck the life out of your free time.  I finally canceled my SWToR subscription that I've had since launch and I don't miss it like I thought I would so I'm happy to see this "new" RTS coming out.