Author Topic: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!  (Read 254805 times)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
Re: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!
« Reply #875 on: November 20, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »
I would, but Rio de Janeiro is gonna be lucky if we have DT at all this time. The city is getting worse and worse when it comes to concerts. Or maybe they won't skip us since it's an anniversary tour. They didn't skip with The Astonishing but they did skip whole South America during I&WB.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #876 on: November 20, 2018, 01:15:25 PM »
I would, but Rio de Janeiro is gonna be lucky if we have DT at all this time. The city is getting worse and worse when it comes to concerts. Or maybe they won't skip us since it's an anniversary tour. They didn't skip with The Astonishing but they did skip whole South America during I&WB.
and why is that, do you think?
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #877 on: November 20, 2018, 01:40:04 PM »

Economic crisis, lack of safety, and less interest in rock and metal in general, especially compared to Sao Paulo.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #878 on: November 20, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »

Economic crisis, lack of safety, and less interest in rock and metal in general, especially compared to Sao Paulo.

Exactly, and add to that the fact that the crisis doesn't follow the ticket prices, which are getting more and more expensive.

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #879 on: November 20, 2018, 03:35:14 PM »
Another show in Europe has been added: Warsaw - Prog in Park.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #880 on: November 20, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
Exactly, and add to that the fact that the crisis doesn't follow the ticket prices, which are getting more and more expensive.
Sorry to derail the topic a bit, and sorry for my little knowledge of Brazilian politics, but I wanted to ask: do you guys think that the situation (at least RE: tickets, safety) will improve with the new government next year? All I read/hear on the news is that Bolsonaro is generally seen as a South American Trump; I honestly don't know much else about him or the current government.

What do Brazilian people hope for next year?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #881 on: November 20, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »
Sorry to derail the topic a bit, and sorry for my little knowledge of Brazilian politics, but I wanted to ask: do you guys think that the situation (at least RE: tickets, safety) will improve with the new government next year? All I read/hear on the news is that Bolsonaro is generally seen as a South American Trump; I honestly don't know much else about him or the current government.

What do Brazilian people hope for next year?

Maybe we should take this discussion somewhere else, so as to not derail the thread. But I'm hoping he does well...the other options we had to vote for were horrible too, even worse than him, at least in my opinion. I don't live in Brazil at the moment, but of course my whole family lives there, so I'm hoping things will improve over time.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #882 on: November 20, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
Maybe we should take this discussion somewhere else, so as to not derail the thread. But I'm hoping he does well...the other options we had to vote for were horrible too, even worse than him, at least in my opinion. I don't live in Brazil at the moment, but of course my whole family lives there, so I'm hoping things will improve over time.
Ah, so basically the same thing that happened here in Argentina three years ago. :P

OK, thanks! Hope everything changes for the best to your family.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2018, 08:17:58 PM »
Ah, so basically the same thing that happened here in Argentina three years ago. :P

OK, thanks! Hope everything changes for the best to your family.

Well, I think the one who won in Brazil was the worst option, but to each his own. With that said, I agree this isn't for this thread. Let's all just hope that our dear South America gets some kick ass shows in the future :)

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
Point is, Brazil is nothing special here, because promoters hate all South America anyway.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #885 on: November 20, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
Point is, Brazil is nothing special here, because promoters hate all South America anyway.

I don't think that's the case. South America usually gets a lot of great bands. A LOT of the time it isn't the band's promoters fault, but the local promoters. The "special" case here isn't Brazil, but Rio, which is a city that had a lot of concerts in the past and now we are getting less. I have nothing against Săo Paulo, I actually love the city, but sadly I have no money to travel there and probably won't have if DT comes.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #886 on: November 20, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »

I don't think that's the case. South America usually gets a lot of great bands. A LOT of the time it isn't the band's promoters fault, but the local promoters.

I didn't specify which promoters.
But they hate it anyway.
I&W tour :(
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #887 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »
Still, I don't think anyone simply "hates" a whole continent. Perhaps they thought it wasn't time for it. Perhaps the band didn't want to have a bigger tour this time and simply wanted to go back home to rest for a good while so they could start thinking about the new album.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #888 on: November 20, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »
Still, I don't think anyone simply "hates" a whole continent. Perhaps they thought it wasn't time for it. Perhaps the band didn't want to have a bigger tour this time and simply wanted to go back home to work on the new album.

They don't hate a whole continent, they hate more than that, including large chunks of the US.

I'm kidding
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #889 on: November 20, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »

I agree with Rodrigo that we shouldn't be discussing this here, but just can't help saying that is way more complex than that, and that most argentinians know (now at least) that the worst decision was to vote for the corporate goverment we have now..

I never really understood the point of listening to teasers over and over again.  Maybe twice max for me is it truthfully.
I'll listen to a single multiple times but a teaser is like reading three random sentences from a book over and over.

Movie trailers fall somewhere in between but even those I generally watch once or twice if it's a movie I really want to see and don't want to be spoiler'd too much.

What can I say, it's the only new DT we have so, every now and again, I throw it on for 30 seconds.

We have the other more "raw" snippets too.. But yeah, I suppose we need a single immediately.. :lol
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #890 on: November 20, 2018, 08:33:06 PM »
Or at least the full tracklist. ;p

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #891 on: November 21, 2018, 02:24:13 AM »
Yeah, I don't see a co-headlining tour either.  But I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see QR open for DT.
Few years ago I saw QR opening for DT. If I'm not wrong it was the first tour with MM...

Offline Addy

« Reply #892 on: November 21, 2018, 03:12:43 AM »
A promoter from Poland announced that DT will be headlining a festival called "Prog in Park" taking place in Warsaw in July. Opeth is also confirmed. This made me wonder if we'll see "An Evening with..." shows in Europe this summer.

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #893 on: November 21, 2018, 03:16:42 AM »
This will probably be the regular festival run during the summer, with evening with on the next leg.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: November 21, 2018, 07:22:25 AM »
One of DTF's own just did an interview with JLB (there's a thread about it)

https://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/its-surprising-how-prolific-and-how-fast-things-were-coming-together-in-the-writing-of-the-new-album-dream-theaters-james-labrie-discusses-the-writing-of-the-new-album-distance-over-timeand-more?fbclid=IwAR1eV6SqRP7AqBWCUQSjbgysLux_Nan7-4R5ZrjTNFRPPvbtAkZVAfA4JmA

LOM: Coming back to the tour plans, you have already the dates scheduled for North America, but that's a bit unusual for you guys because you usually start in Europe, right? Is there any particular reason for that?

JLB: I think part of that is that we plan on doing the big festivals in Europe, so it wouldn't have made sense for us to start in Europe and then go back again to do the festivals. It only made sense that we started in North America this time. Then we’ll go do the big festivals throughout the summer and then I'm not sure where we go from there, either down into the Pacific Rim, Australia and all that, or going into South America. I'm not sure after the summer leg at this point, after the summer festival tour, what will be happening, but I'll probably know within a month or two.

So the band doesn't know the plan after the summer yet, but I think you can expect to see lots more European festival date announcements coming.

Offline Red_Queen

« Reply #895 on: November 21, 2018, 07:25:38 AM »
There is first part od interview with band in studio.
https://youtu.be/qplgAEuVN6g

Online RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #896 on: November 21, 2018, 07:39:23 AM »
I wouldn't expect a track release for a good few weeks yet. Maybe even the turn of the year. Considering the album doesn't come out until the last Friday of February.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #897 on: November 21, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »
There is first part od interview with band in studio.
https://youtu.be/qplgAEuVN6g

Very nice!..

Now we know why they haven't published the tracklist yet..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #898 on: November 21, 2018, 10:16:20 AM »
Normally, I don't really care about track lists, since they do not really give any indication of what the music will sound like, which is the primary thing that matters.  But this time around, I am pretty excited for the revelation of the track list.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline rab7

« Reply #899 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:25 AM »
Normally, I don't really care about track lists, since they do not really give any indication of what the music will sound like, which is the primary thing that matters.  But this time around, I am pretty excited for the revelation of the track list.

You keep posting these cryptic comments implying something exciting is going to happen.

You shut down the "metropolis pt 3" jokes earlier (or in another thread, I forgot), and in another comment you said you were hoping they'd reveal another track that they didn't reveal.

So from this, I speculate there will be a sequel track to another track from a past album.

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #900 on: November 21, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »

I am always super excited for the full track listing and song lengths. If I am at least given that I do not need to hear one single note of the music until the release day. But I take whatever I am given in whatever time frame DT wants to give it. These studio interviews will be awesome really looking forward to watching them all.

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #901 on: November 21, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »
Quote from: rab7
So from this, I speculate there will be a sequel track to another track from a past album.

I was thinking about that the other day, when the discussion about the bonus track began and someone mentioned the little instrumental part at the end of IT as a bonus. What if they decided to use that nugget and write a full song with it, as a continuation to IT, maybe following a similar theme?

Although I'm not a huge fan of IT, I'd like to see that happen, cause that piano melody sounds really interesting. The whole theme on the lyrics, about life and death and stuff, I think it could be more explored too. Maybe the bonus track James said he wrote lyrics for is the the outro that connects the two songs...I don't know, maybe I'm going too far here, just imagining  :rollin

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #902 on: November 21, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »

What is different this time to make you excited??

I know my family is sick of hearing about Dream Theater..but I am beside my self with anticipation!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #903 on: November 21, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »
Here are the continuation ideas:

"Bring me back my pain"
"Venezuelan Skies"
"Some Answers Actually Lie Outside"
"Honor thy Mother a lil' bit too"
"Deaf Faith"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #904 on: November 21, 2018, 12:10:24 PM »
Or:  The Count of Tuscany II:  What's for Dessert?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: November 21, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
Maybe even The Worst of Times

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #906 on: November 21, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
It’s gonna be I Walk In Front Of You.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #907 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:21 PM »
Flourish
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #908 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »
First song is apparently out there:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cY4EM5J2Hk

This might not be official, so I cannot verify authenticity.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #909 on: November 21, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
How about

The Smaller Picture
Before the Veil
Fixing All Illusions
Intermittent Motion
Rush (take the Time Part II)