Author Topic: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!  (Read 253692 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

Re: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »
Upper Darby pre-sale codes:

https://zumic.com/events/dream-theater-at-tower-theater-upper-darby-pa-on-apr-13-2019-at-tower-theatre-pa-in-upper-darby-pa-on-apr-13-2019

Can anyone tell me about the venue?  Is the pit seating lower than regular floor (i.e, for orchestra), or is it just big open space between the regular seats and the stage that sometimes is used and sometimes isn't?  Ticket prices don't look too bad for floor, might consider pit if the seating is fine and the price is the same/not too much more.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »
Got my VIP/tickets to LA!!  :metal    Who has been to the Wiltern? What is parking like and the neighborhood?  March is forevaaaah away!!!

The Wiltern is located at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Western Av. (hence the name).  It's a pretty typical mid-LA neighborhood.  You can use Google Maps to get a look.  I've never felt unsafe.  There are bunch of nearby parking lots (some sketchier than others) that will charge in the $10-20 range.

BTW, which night are you going, and where are your seats?  I'm going to the Friday show and will be in the second row on JM's side.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #352 on: November 06, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
Oh, wow.  I never knew that was how the name was derived.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #353 on: November 06, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
Oh, wow.  I never knew that was how the name was derived.

Clever, huh?....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #354 on: November 06, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »
Hard to believe I never went to any shows while I was down there.  Well, I guess it actually isn't THAT surprising, since I was in school and had no money.  But still. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »
Hard to believe I never went to any shows while I was down there.  Well, I guess it actually isn't THAT surprising, since I was in school and had no money.  But still.

I've lived in SoCal my whole life, and this will only be my third show at the Wiltern (DT last year and Evanescence in 2006).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »
Not just the Wiltern--I never saw ANY show and ANY venue down there.  I mean, I saw Jeckyll and Hyde at the Pantages, but I'm talking about concerts.  I did see Transatlantic on the Whirlwind tour at the Downey Theater, but that was well after we were living back up here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »
   I mean, I saw Jeckyll and Hyde at the Pantages,
A couple of years ago when we were in Hollywood, we were standing outside of Pantages, and I was staring at it it. My wife was like, what are you looking at, and I said that Dream Theater recorded a live album here. Of course my lovely family greeted me with three WHO GIVES A F#%K looks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline AboutToCrash

« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
I can’t believe I’m eagerly anticipating the tracklisting/times to be announced. I would have no interest in that whatsoever from another band  :corn

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2018, 04:08:25 PM »
   I mean, I saw Jeckyll and Hyde at the Pantages,
A couple of years ago when we were in Hollywood, we were standing outside of Pantages, and I was staring at it it. My wife was like, what are you looking at, and I said that Dream Theater recorded a live album here. Of course my lovely family greeted me with three WHO GIVES A F#%K looks.

:lol

Online geeeemo

« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
Got my VIP/tickets to LA!!  :metal    Who has been to the Wiltern? What is parking like and the neighborhood?  March is forevaaaah away!!!

The Wiltern is located at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Western Av. (hence the name).  It's a pretty typical mid-LA neighborhood.  You can use Google Maps to get a look.  I've never felt unsafe.  There are bunch of nearby parking lots (some sketchier than others) that will charge in the $10-20 range.

BTW, which night are you going, and where are your seats?  I'm going to the Friday show and will be in the second row on JM's side.

I am going Friday also. 4th row in the middle. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »
How are you guys getting tickets?  I see only the platinum and citi presales.  Is there another presale for the LA show?  If so, what's the code?

Online geeeemo

« Reply #362 on: November 06, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »
How are you guys getting tickets?  I see only the platinum and citi presales.  Is there another presale for the LA show?  If so, what's the code?
I bought the Platinum. I saw on the LiveNation website for Denver, that the "LiveNation" presale is tomorrow. I searched to find that if you are logged in to LiveNation, that will get you in to buy the tickets. Not sure if it is the same for LA.

That said...this morning while perusing FB with my coffee, I see a comment in one of the DT groups about tickets on sale.  What??!! I thought, I didn't have any idea they were starting already. Now, being a newish fan of not quite 3 years, I go into  :omg: mode and start clicking.  I hadn't really even decided where I would travel to see them as I have options..... Not knowing what the heck and worried I am going to miss out on good seats,  :-\( I really need good seats since I am behind the 8 ball in DT concerts) I apply for and get a CITI card so I can get a code to buy the tickets...I see the seats aren't great and wonder if they just get crappy seats  for the CITI card. (thinking for a presale they ought to be toward the front more)   Do I buy? Are they really going that fast? ???? Ugh, didn't know, so I bought them.
Needless to say, I will have tickets that I will be trying to sell later.... :facepalm:

And as an aside...I am thrilled!! to see SFAM!!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #363 on: November 06, 2018, 04:51:49 PM »

412800 is the citi presage code.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #364 on: November 06, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »
Is there a Chicago presale for non citi?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »

Live nation presale starts tomorrow and the code is MIXTAPE

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #366 on: November 06, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »

Live nation presale starts tomorrow and the code is MIXTAPE

Thank you!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: November 06, 2018, 06:01:18 PM »
That's the same for Boston.

They are lazy, and also un imagative  :lol  I was testing out Kiss presale codes last week and they were apparently different for different shows (I got emails for shows not near me with codes for some reason but never got one for the show near me)

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #368 on: November 06, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »
Well this escalated quickly.....

Months ago I decided that if DT toured in 2019, I would not only take the kids to their 3rd show, but do VIP with Meet and Greet. I had done one myself previously for a total cost of about $250.

I was not in on the game, not checking in here, so the "viral" announcement took my by surprise somewhat. I had been seeing the DT official facebook updates for the album. But I figured that once a tour was announced, I'd have a few weeks before tickets went on sale.

So I just this morning confirmed the date and place that I can pull off, and I see the post for presale on sale NOW. Huh? We had like a day's notice! I got lucky and spotted a comment on a Facebook thread about the VIP link for NYC. It's live. It's also over $400 per ticket once the fee is added.

$1200+ for three tickets. I paid $1000 for 4 Hamilton tickets for February. (That is FACE value for this round of available tickets.) So I thought about this long and hard.

Then .00003 seconds later I pulled the trigger. Hell yeah I did! This is THE tour I wanted to see from them. I didn't catch SFAM live before, and (I know I said this here before) but it is my teen daughter's favorite album. This is the year to do the full experience. But I must admit, this is the one time I am kind of glad my wife is not into DT at all because, well, a fourth Platinum VIP ticket would be insane.

I'll make it up to her. I'm going to do top tier VIP to take her to see Georgia and Karen of the My Favorite Murder podcast in the spring. Less than half the price per ticket, but those will sell out in 5 minutes anyway.

Beacon Theater, 2nd row center. We will be THERE. Probably in period cosplay. Dressing as Faythe got her on stage during the Astonishing Tour - gonna have to go for it again!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: November 06, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
 :metal :metal that's awesome

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
@air weaver

I’ll be 3 rows behind you. I thought about VIP but +$800 for 2 tickets it’s a little too much. I did VIP for the Astonishing and wasn’t pleased so I’m ok skipping this time.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #371 on: November 06, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »

412800 is the citi presage code.

Thanks for the code.  Yeesh, $120.00 for a good spot in the lower sections for the Friday show at the Wiltern.  I'm not paying that price.  Too much for my liking.  I paid $42 (including fees) for GA to see Switchfoot in the same venue two weeks after this show.  I considered that a steal.  I would have thought around $60 for that same ticket for DT would be a steal as well.  I guess I have to wait it out and hope to get lucky and see if I can get a good deal.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:44:38 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #372 on: November 06, 2018, 09:12:43 PM »
Anyone know if there's a presale code for Orlando tix tomorrow morning on Ticketbastard ??
Thanks !!!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Air Weaver

Re: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!m
« Reply #373 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
@air weaver

I’ll be 3 rows behind you. I thought about VIP but +$800 for 2 tickets it’s a little too much. I did VIP for the Astonishing and wasn’t pleased so I’m ok skipping this time.

I did vip for Astonishing too, Baltimore show. Curious what you didn’t like actually. I had a bit of sticker shock for this one, but the list of swag is more interesting this time.

Can’t wait for a Beacon show. Fantastic venue.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #374 on: November 07, 2018, 06:41:05 AM »
In my opinion DOT will be very different from TOT and similar will be only the acronym  ;D

The gamer in me always think of "Damage Over Time" when I see DOT.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline fivestring

• I like cheese
« Reply #375 on: November 07, 2018, 07:07:01 AM »
Is the St.Paul, MN show at The Palace Theatre ?

Looks like it's at The Ordway.

HOWEVER (any other MN people can chime in)  - The Ordway website itself lists the show. No mention of any presales. Go to the Live Nation website, and the Saint Paul MN show isn't even ON the tour schedule listing. I check TicketBastard for the heck of it, and the tour is listed, once again with the MN show NOT shown?!?!

?????

No MN pre-sales? Why the tour listing omissions?

:huh:
Quote from: Ben_Jamin
it's a great way to showcase the drum sound by introducing the album with that awesome drumming and sound.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »
The presale starts at 10 CT or ET?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2018, 08:08:01 AM »
Screw you, pre-sale, I want to pick my seats, don't tell me what's "best available" and make me go that route

And screw you for being late on accepting the password

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
"Searching... sit tight"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »
Presale doesnt seem to be working for me at all, for NYC

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2018, 08:15:50 AM »
Presale doesnt seem to be working for me at all, for NYC

Not working for Upper Darby, either

Didn't accept password till 4 minutes or so past the hour, won't let me pick my own seats, endlessly spinning when I tell it how many to pick for me

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2018, 08:18:49 AM »
In chrome it doesnt even accept the presale password

In safari it accepts the password but errors out when searching for tickets

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »
In chrome it doesnt even accept the presale password

In safari it accepts the password but errors out when searching for tickets

Yes, something's messed up.

I'm even getting a "cannot complete the request on this device" error, which I've gotten before on another machine when I've let tickets time out.  I wonder if it's some kind of safeguard

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
For those early risers in the Bay Area, 412800 is the Citi password and unlocks seats there as well.

90 dollar seats end up being $112. Just FYI. I'm not going, but wanted to price it all out.

Options for $90 (112), $65 (77), $55 (67) and $40 (52).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »
Took me 20 mins to go from no tickets to basically every ticket avaliable . Ticketmaster probably had a glitch this morning .

I scored 2 tickets MEZZ AA Centre aisle for Toronto !!!  :metal

Password is : MIXTAPE