Author Topic: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!  (Read 255355 times)

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!
« Reply #1750 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
Noxon, What is your favourite song from the album and why? It could also be interesting to read a track by track review before the album drops. Hopefully band will release those videos from all track.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1751 on: January 09, 2019, 05:38:54 AM »
Here's the first picture of the deluxe set! It looks awesome, but 145€ is still too much in my opinion.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutMusic/
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
« Reply #1752 on: January 09, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »
Edit: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:35:18 PM by Kyo »
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1754 on: January 09, 2019, 07:29:55 AM »
If the deluxe set came with a bonus copy of TA live from last tour, I'd buy it.

Offline gborland

« Reply #1755 on: January 09, 2019, 08:12:56 AM »
If it came with a free Music Man Majesty guitar I'd buy it.
Graham Borland

Offline Pound4aBrown

« Reply #1756 on: January 09, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
Here's the first picture of the deluxe set! It looks awesome, but 145€ is still too much in my opinion.

That does look spiffy.  :metal

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1757 on: January 09, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »
I guess the artbook+ CDs/DVD/BRD is enough for me. Interesting design for the LP cover!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1758 on: January 09, 2019, 08:37:26 AM »
I guess d/t is what they'll officially go for.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1759 on: January 09, 2019, 08:49:17 AM »
What if the red cover would have been the actual one? the skull one is way better, but I assume some would have liked the simplicity of it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: January 09, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »
New music on friday!!!! :caffeine:
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline JustDefyYou

« Reply #1761 on: January 09, 2019, 10:08:26 AM »

Care to elaborate?

Btw check out the patch in the special edition, "DT 137".

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1762 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:48 AM »

I'll throw in my usual gripe about being forced to buy archaic media (vinyl) in order to get all of the swag.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline rab7

« Reply #1763 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:05 AM »

Care to elaborate?

Btw check out the patch in the special edition, "DT 137".

DT's Instagram story suggests new single this week

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1764 on: January 09, 2019, 10:14:36 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1766 on: January 09, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »

Pictures like this crack me up for some reason.  Would've been interesting to have been a "fly on the wall" for the set up.

JP (to JM):  John!  Stop trying to push Jordan into the waterfall!
MM:  The rhythm of the waterfall sounds like 33/32.  Everyone agree?
JLB:  Why am I the only one without a jacket?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #1768 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
After playing Untethered Angel 463 times since it came out, it's safe to say I'm ready for a new song. Just so I can alternate between them until the full album is on my desk.  :biggrin:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1769 on: January 09, 2019, 11:12:57 AM »
My money is on it being Paralyzed

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1770 on: January 09, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »

It's going for $150 USD on Amazon... I've gotten every super-deluxe-special-limited-collectors edition box set for DT since they began with BC&SL, but back then they were touted as limited, so I felt compelled to pre-order in case they sold out. Funnily enough, they never sold out and often went down to a third their original price after some time!

Now this box set doesn't seem to be limited in any capacity, so I don't feel compelled to pre-order it, but it does look nice! Like others, I may wait until i hear the whole album before committing $150 for the set, which is a lot of my income these days. (I have way more financial debts today than I did in 2009)

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Pettor

« Reply #1771 on: January 09, 2019, 11:29:54 AM »
So not gonna buy the deluxe one but thought about placing my order. There are 6 versions of it! WTF!

What is an artbook and what is included on the Blu-ray? Can't find any good information about this. Maybe going with the LP but artbook sounds interesting. Jewel case look and feels so cheap  :D

Also in Sweden the online stores seems to have different exclusive LPs. One is red (which looks fantastic) and one is golden!

https://www.bengans.se/sv/artiklar/dream-theater-distance-over-time-ltd-bengans-red-vinyl-2lp.html

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1772 on: January 09, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
So not gonna buy the deluxe one but thought about placing my order. There are 6 versions of it! WTF!

What is an artbook and what is included on the Blu-ray? Can't find any good information about this. Maybe going with the LP but artbook sounds interesting. Jewel case look and feels so cheap  :D

Also in Sweden the online stores seems to have different exclusive LPs. One is red (which looks fantastic) and one is golden!

https://www.bengans.se/sv/artiklar/dream-theater-distance-over-time-ltd-bengans-red-vinyl-2lp.html

According to the blurb on Amazon, looks like the DVD and BD include the following:
Ltd. Edition Artbook (incl. 1 bonus track, 5.1 mix with video animations, instrumental mixes, high res files of the album, stems for "Untethered Angel", extended liner notes, additional artwork incl. photos from the writing session and additional video content)

I'm pretty sure the DVD and BD are ONLY available in the artbook (which itself is included in the box set), available by itself for $55.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1773 on: January 09, 2019, 12:24:18 PM »

Apparently it isn’t :eek
I think we’ll get Room 137 or Barstool Warrior.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline rab7

« Reply #1774 on: January 09, 2019, 12:28:56 PM »

What is your source for it not being Paralyzed?

Offline Pettor

« Reply #1775 on: January 09, 2019, 12:40:55 PM »

According to the blurb on Amazon, looks like the DVD and BD include the following:
Ltd. Edition Artbook (incl. 1 bonus track, 5.1 mix with video animations, instrumental mixes, high res files of the album, stems for "Untethered Angel", extended liner notes, additional artwork incl. photos from the writing session and additional video content)

I'm pretty sure the DVD and BD are ONLY available in the artbook (which itself is included in the box set), available by itself for $55.

-Marc.

Ahhh Amazon ofc. Thx! They had some nice info there. Still confused about all the versions and art book edition.

Amazon track listing for limited art edition. (not sure I need this many ways of listening to the same tracks):

Disc: 1
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King

Disc: 2
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King

Disc: 3
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King

Disc: 4
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1776 on: January 09, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

-Marc.

Ahhh Amazon ofc. They had some nice info there. Still confused about all the versions and art book edition.

Amazon track listing for limited art edition. (not sure I need this many ways of listening to the small tracks):
Track Listings
Disc: 1
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King
Disc: 2
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King
Disc: 3
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King
Disc: 4
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Room 137
S2N
At Wit's End
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Viper King

Well, "Disc 1" is the regular CD with the bonus track, while "Disc 2" is the instrumental version of the album. "Disc 3" I believe is the DVD with the 5.1 audio with animations, while "Disc 4" is the BD with the hi-res versions of the whole album (regular and instrumental), as well as the stems for "Untethered Angel", all of which seems like it would need to be on blu-ray to fit if they wanted high quality.

Funnily enough, the Box Set listing on Amazon also lists the vinyl sides as Discs, so technically they list 10 discs (4 for the album, 2 for the 7" exclusive picture disc, which has "Pale Blue Dot" and "Viper King").

-Marc.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:19:51 PM by The Letter M »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1777 on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »

Noxon hinted about it not being Paralyzed a while back.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
« Reply #1778 on: January 09, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
Now this box set doesn't seem to be limited in any capacity, so I don't feel compelled to pre-order it

The certificate in the photo says it's one of 3500 copies.
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1779 on: January 09, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »
Now this box set doesn't seem to be limited in any capacity, so I don't feel compelled to pre-order it

The certificate in the photo says it's one of 3500 copies.

Ya know, I did notice that after I had made my post and looked at the photo closer. I have confidence it won't sell out immediately, even with such a low number. I could only find the count for BC&SL, which was "limited" to 14,000 copies, but I couldn't find the production runs for ADTOE or DT12 (does anyone know?).

It seems like not a lot of folks will be pre-ordering the box set anyway, so there might be a lot available at or just after release date.

-Marc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1780 on: January 09, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »
What is on the DVD?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1781 on: January 09, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »
What is on the DVD?

Well, "Disc 1" is the regular CD with the bonus track, while "Disc 2" is the instrumental version of the album. "Disc 3" I believe is the DVD with the 5.1 audio with animations, while "Disc 4" is the BD with the hi-res versions of the whole album (regular and instrumental), as well as the stems for "Untethered Angel", all of which seems like it would need to be on blu-ray to fit if they wanted high quality.

Funnily enough, the Box Set listing on Amazon also lists the vinyl sides as Discs, so technically they list 10 discs (4 for the album, 2 for the 7" exclusive picture disc, which has "Pale Blue Dot" and "Viper King").

-Marc.

-Marc.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #1782 on: January 09, 2019, 02:50:51 PM »
Will be the art book version for me not convinced the extra £90 for the rest of it is value for money. I’m only really getting this version for the art book itself as I can guarantee that I will never listen to any of the other discs apart from the actual cd album.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1783 on: January 09, 2019, 03:51:27 PM »
The only real reasons for me to get this box set would be the exclusive artwork, the slipmat and the fact that it looks good next to the other box sets I have be DT. With last being the biggest one. But I think it's not worth 150 Euros.
I went with a limited coloured vinyl from insideout. They are limited to 200 copies and cost somewhere around 30-33 or something like that.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Pound4aBrown

« Reply #1784 on: January 09, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »

I know it is highly unlikely but I'd like it to be S2N.

Noxon hinted about it not being Paralyzed a while back.

I know it's unlikely but I'd love to hear S2N.