Author Topic: Left the Record Den tonight with the new CD  (Read 1027 times)

Offline stargazer18

Left the Record Den tonight with the new CD
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
I'm a bit old school and chose to pick up my "backup"copy of Distance Over Time at the local record store tonight. They had a stack of 20 CD's on the counter right next to the register. I havn't listened to a single note of the songs that they have released prior to today - choosing to wait and enjoy my first listening experience at one time.

I'm three songs into the disc and really like what I hear. I like the vocal melodies on Untethered Angel and Paralyzed. Fall Into The Light has a somewhat classic metal sound to it in some parts interspersed with some lighter moments.

More to follow.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Left the Record Den tonight with the new CD
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:20:20 PM »
You made me double check if it was Wednesday or Thrusday!
I'm glad you got but what made you check? It's not supposed to be on sale yet, right?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »
You made me double check if it was Wednesday or Thrusday!
I'm glad you got but what made you check? It's not supposed to be on sale yet, right?

Sometimes local/small store start selling products earlier to make some extra money over bigger stores. It’s rare and risky though.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
Nice!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline stargazer18

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »
I typically call on the Tuesday prior to the Friday release date. They didn't have it yesterday but they did today.

Anyway moving on. Barstool Warrior sounds like it could have come right off of DT12 in a good way. (I like DT12 a lot). Room 137 is a short rocker and so far the least interesting song on the album for me. They step the chunky guitar on S2N and it's a bit of classic sounding DT with some nice vocal melodies.

Offline stargazer18

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 06:16:21 PM »
This disc finishes pretty strong. It will take some time to really sink in. After one listen I think it's a pretty mature sounding album.