Author Topic: Anneke van Giersbergen  (Read 5807 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Anneke van Giersbergen
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2021, 06:13:20 PM »
About a month late there, man.   :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2021, 06:26:18 AM »
Today sees the release of the second single and video of said album, called “Hurricane”. Anneke comments on the single as follows: “For the new album I wrote a lot of songs filled with messages of love and heartache, but I also went on a more propulsive journey, with darker storytelling. The percussive opening groove of ‘Hurricane’ is maintained until a slightly ominous middle section. The track closes with heavy drums and a glorious trumpet solo.”

You can watch the video here:
https://youtu.be/T8PA4w1iSug

Offline majo

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2021, 03:29:20 AM »
Great song. Thx for posting
(then the trumpet came and I thought: Bosch)
Life's too short to remove USB safely.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2021, 06:15:57 AM »
Loved that song.... and the ending  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2021, 06:36:20 AM »
Wow, I was not expecting that kind of song, but that was really good.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
Thought both of those tracks were great. This sounds like it will the album that clicks with me. I've generally just enjoyed a couple of tracks (but like them a lot) of her solo records.

Love to watch Anneke sing - she can't get the smile off her face most of the time!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »
Oooo....I like this one a lot.

Love the rests in the vocals, and just the overall rhythm, mood, and atmosphere. That Trumpet ending reprising the vocal melody was beautiful. This is gonna be a great album.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Today I woke up and I really hate that it happened.

I dreamed ALL night I was married to Anneke, LOL, we went skiing, we also went to her studio where she started writing a song for me.
And in the morning while we were cuddling in bed she was singing that song, the last one from her last record: LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE YOU. And right after she finished singing I fucking woke up, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It was the best dream I have ever had and it felt so real, damn!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »
Today I woke up and I really hate that it happened.

This line, read alone, was a bit worrying  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2021, 07:56:47 AM »
The third single “Agape” off of said album sees the light of day today and Anneke is very excited to be sharing this new piece of music with the world. She comments: “Agape refers to the highest form of unconditional love, the type of love we all yearn for. I’ve tried to create a distinct echo of a love song from the ‘70s with a meditative guitar arrangement. The lush sound of a string quartet adds a dreamy quality to the song.”

Watch the lyric video for “Agape” here:
https://youtu.be/Gt9jkpdqv-0

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2021, 08:03:41 AM »
The third single “Agape” off of said album sees the light of day today and Anneke is very excited to be sharing this new piece of music with the world. She comments: “Agape refers to the highest form of unconditional love, the type of love we all yearn for. I’ve tried to create a distinct echo of a love song from the ‘70s with a meditative guitar arrangement. The lush sound of a string quartet adds a dreamy quality to the song.”

Watch the lyric video for “Agape” here:
https://youtu.be/Gt9jkpdqv-0

Great. Have really enjoyed all three singles so far. Looking forward to the album.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »
I'm loving this, frankly.  Hurricane is the bomb.   

I had a dream last night that I was kicking MinistroRaven's ass while Anneke was waiting for me in my car.   :) :)

(I'm totally kidding, bud!)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
I'm loving this, frankly.  Hurricane is the bomb.   

I had a dream last night that I was kicking MinistroRaven's ass while Anneke was waiting for me in my car.   :) :)

(I'm totally kidding, bud!)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2021, 01:22:19 AM »

:rollin

All three singles were very good. I have high expectations for this.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 11:07:06 AM »
Here's Rodrigo's interview with Anneke:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/anneke-van-giersbergen-the-darkest-skies-are-the-brightest/?

Tomorrow's time for Stadler's review of the album.

:metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »
 Here's the interview I did with Anneke to promote her new album: https://lotsofmuzik.com/anneke-van-giersbergen-the-darkest-skies-are-the-brightest/

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
Nice interview! I'm glad that VUUR isn't completely dead, another album in that style would be very interesting, but it's not worth it if it affects her financial wellbeing and her personal life. For now I'll gladly take this new upcoming album!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »
Here's Rodrigo's interview with Anneke:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/anneke-van-giersbergen-the-darkest-skies-are-the-brightest/?

Tomorrow's time for Stadler's review of the album.

You must have posted this a milisecond before I did!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 06:38:57 PM »
Actually, it was 1 hour, 9 minutes and 10 secs before you.   :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2021, 04:52:00 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »
This band features Anneke in the last song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-NKrMh3etg&feature=youtu.be

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2021, 02:02:46 PM »
Got a notification today that Anneke has shipped my album. Guess I will have it sometime next week.... exciting

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
Anyone else hear the record?  Any thoughts?   I thought it was excellent, and I've listened to it a couple times even after my "homework" was done.   

"Love You Like I Love You" is an amazing song.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2021, 03:58:26 PM »
Amazon claims that I will be getting my copy on Friday, but they haven't shipped it yet. They have been dropping the ball lately with my new music releases.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2021, 11:13:19 AM »
Anyone else hear the record?  Any thoughts?   I thought it was excellent, and I've listened to it a couple times even after my "homework" was done.   

I like it a lot. One of my favourite records of the year so far. Lots of strong songs here, I think the first three-songs run is fantastic, The Soul Knows and Losing You are beautiful and Survive is a lot of fun.

The only songs I'm not too keen on are I Saw a Car and Lo and Behold (mostly because of the chorus).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »

I like it a lot. One of my favourite records of the year so far. Lots of strong songs here, I think the first three-songs run is fantastic, The Soul Knows and Losing You are beautiful and Survive is a lot of fun.

The only songs I'm not too keen on are I Saw a Car and Lo and Behold (mostly because of the chorus).

I get "I Saw A Car"'; the verse is a little simplistic and almost childish (though it's redeemed by the chorus), but I'm curious what you don't like about Lo And Behold; that's got my favorite moment on the entire record (that end part; I guess you could call it the bridge).   Her voice is just angelic on that song.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2021, 12:43:30 PM »
For some reason I really don't like the LOOOOoooooOOOOOOOoooOOOOOO and BEHOOOOoooOOOoold part in the chorus. The melody also reminds me of Anneke's part in Ayreon's Tunnel of Light which I also find a little bit annoying.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 01:23:46 PM »
I am also really impressed with this album. "The Soul Knows," "I Saw a Car," "The End," and "Lo and Behold" are my favorites at the moment, and the only one that's not really doing anything for me is "Keep it Simple."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:29:27 PM by Dittomist »

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2021, 04:31:32 PM »
I like it so far. My favourite album of hers so far.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:12 AM »
I don't know much about her other than hearing her in some Ayreon stuff and Gentle Storm.

But I saw the video for I Saw A Car and I loved the shit out of that, so I will be digging in.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »
I don't know much about her other than hearing her in some Ayreon stuff and Gentle Storm.

But I saw the video for I Saw A Car and I loved the shit out of that, so I will be digging in.

It's worth a listen; don't expect Ayreon, but if you know and like the Gentle Storm stuff (her half) then you might dig this.  Personally, I love this album.  REALLY well crafted and well sung.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2021, 08:49:52 AM »
I agree that the album is heavily front loaded, since it starts out with the best songs, but the whole disc is enjoyable. The songs so far don't seem to stick in my head, but it's such a pleasure to listen to her, she has a voice of milk and honey and she seems effortless in everything she does.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2021, 08:52:01 AM »

It's worth a listen; don't expect Ayreon, but if you know and like the Gentle Storm stuff (her half) then you might dig this.  Personally, I love this album.  REALLY well crafted and well sung.
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
First listen in..... I really like this, but then I like everything Anneke has produced.

Should be a good album for her to pick songs from when doing solo acoustic shows.