Author Topic: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Final Results (finally) - thank you for playing :)  (Read 96748 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results pt. 1 in the oven
« Reply #1680 on: February 23, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »
Are you sure about that? Part 1 results.

wolfking

Hellfueled - Let Me Out 8.5
   Straight-up heavy metal. Not much to really say here - Ozzy sounds better than ever, though.

Mercenary - Through Our Darkest Days 9.2
   I had an old Mercenary album way back in the day, like 13 years ago or something but all I remember is that the vocalist really stood out to me. I like this. Has all that aggression I remember. The chorus is super interesting - reminds me a lot of Black Ravens Cry that was sent a few rounds ago. Definitely gonna check out Mercenary again 'cause this kicks ass.

Cans - Beyond the Gates 6.4
   From the title to the lyrics to the way the song is structured, this is just very generic. It reminds me of Manowar, and the little Hammerfall I listened to as a kid. It's just so cookie cutter. Joacim Cans has a nice voice and the chorus is kinda catchy in an "I'm not sure if this is annoying or not" way, but the lyrics... so cookie cutter it hurts.

Current Score: 67.99 [+5 BP]
Round 9 Score: 24.10
Average: 8.03~
Movement: 8 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE:  76.02 [+5 BP]

Indiscipline

Pentangle - A Maid That's Deep In Love 8.4
   Folky. Sounds like I'd hear this at a renaissance faire. Didn't do much for me at first, but like a lot of songs this round, it grew on me with time. I like the gentle but busy guitar parts and the warmth of the woman's voice. However I feel like if you were to tell 100 people to write a renaissance-y folk song, 98 of them would pretty much write this.

Premiata Forneria Marconi - Impressioni di settembre 8.2
   I always enjoy hearing something different. I really like the build-up with the 'ah ahs' near the end. I checked out a couple translations of the lyrics (just to be sure they were translated well) and they make sense to me, going well with the green theme (oh yeah, that's where I put you before listening to the songs). Emotive vocals and gentle playing make me happy.

Michael Nyman - An Eye For Optical Theory 9.0
   Dude, I strongly disliked this at first. The perpetual bouncy rhythm of the strings really bothered me for a couple days until the track finally clicked. I love what's going on here. It sounds very tense but it's controlled perfectly. The rhythm is catchy and I love the main melodic idea played over it. It's kind of one-note which is a bummer but otherwise I really like this. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 66.68 [+4 BP]
Round 9 Score: 25.60 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.53~
Movement: 9 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 75.21 [+4 BP]

jingle.boy

MindMaze - This Holy War 5.5
   Not feeling it, buddy, I'm sorry. I'm struggling to really find something cool here because it all sounds so... generic. I won't rag on it a lot, but the best thing I can say about this is that the solo was kinda good.

Illusion Suite - Orpheus' Quest 8.4
   I swear I've heard this singer somewhere before, but apparently not because I don't recognize the name. I love the criminally short bit in the last minute with the layered vocals singing a brief, cheerful melody. This song is cool. Nice aggressive singing. Good song.

Vandroya - No Oblivion For Eternity 9.1
   For all the years I've heard of Vandroya, I never knew they had a female singer. Boy, she's good, she's got strength and really commands attention. The chorus is awesome with that strong tension between bars. Not sure why I ignored this band forever. Good stuff right here. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 59.70 [+5 BP]
Round 9 Score: 23.00 [+1 BP]
Average: 7.66~
Movement: 8 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 76.02 [+6 BP]
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results are coming in hot
« Reply #1681 on: February 23, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
One unscathed.   Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results are coming in hot
« Reply #1682 on: February 23, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »
I really liked the Mindmaze album that Jingle sent in my roulette. Wonder why he didn't send something from that album.  ???
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1683 on: February 23, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »
I really liked the Mindmaze album that Jingle sent in my roulette. Wonder why he didn't send something from that album.  ???

Because it wasn't released in 2013 - the 'same year' bonus points.  I had a feeling this wasn't going to click ... especially the first half of the song, but thought the frantic 2nd half might make it at least 7-worthy.  Sarah's voice was rather raw and unrefined in the debut - she improves with each subsequent album.  Oh well, I have no regrets.  It was a top 10 song of the year for me that year, so  :-\  :P

Playing for 2nd place now... doesn't matter if Diego stumbles or not, that stumble (and School) is unrecoverable with only 1 round to go.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1684 on: February 23, 2019, 02:20:00 PM »
Send some electro jazz piano dance music next round and you might win.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1685 on: February 23, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »
Send some electro jazz piano dance music next round and you might win.  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1686 on: February 24, 2019, 03:36:03 AM »
Wow, did not expect that rating for that Cans song.

Might just send all growls for the last round.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1687 on: February 24, 2019, 08:19:00 AM »
Wow, did not expect that rating for that Cans song.

It's a great one
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1688 on: February 24, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »
Nekov has a new colleague in the elite score club... Part 2!

kingshmegland

Barock Project - Gold 9.0
   Big Moon Safari vibes from this. I love the happy, harmonized vocals and the pretty piano. The solos are melodic and interesting and I'm a huge fan of the synth and the instrumental stuff in the middle and the overall vibe of this song. The buildup at the end is... whoa. Killer song! [+1 BP]

Barock Project - Happy To See You 8.6
   Mood music. This one in particular I found most enjoyment listening to at night or in the morning. I think I liked Gold just the littlest bit more than this, but this is still a great song. I've heard other groups that sound similar to this, but these guys stand out from the crowd.

Barock Project - Promises 8.4
   This might not have hit quite as hard as the other two songs from this artist, but this was a mighty strong triple threat from Barock Project. These were consistently great. Sounds like the players have chemistry, chops, and a gift for songwriting. Definitely on my short list for post-roulette exploration - nothing uninteresting here, only really good music.

Current Score: 67.82 [+7 BP]
Round 9 Score: 26.00 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.66~
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 76.42 [+8 BP]

Sacul

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy 9.1
   Damn near hit a bullseye with this one. Strings, an awesome drum beat (can't think of the term for this kind of beat), the singer has a beautiful voice and I like the little sprinkling of piano near the end. Massively enjoyable, I love how chill this is. [+1 BP]

Morcheeba - The Sea 9.5
   What a nice tune to kick back and chill out to. Pretty sure I've heard music just like this at more than one stoner's pad while waiting for them to hurry up and sell me some weed. This is essentially the soundtrack to my own personal Pineapple Express. No, seriously, this is really freaking good. Playlist material for sure. [+1 BP]

Portishead - Glory Box 9.3
   I see you're taking the Nekov challenge, which is to blow my mind with three songs in a row. Nicely done. Yeah, dude, all playlist material here - super relaxing song. This has kind of a dirty vibe thanks to the guitar, but it's still calming and I love it. Give me a reason to not love this. Looks like you just shot up in the ranks this round. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 68.20 [+10 BP]
Round 9 Score: 27.90 [+3 BP]
Average: 9.30
Movement:  9 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 77.50 [+13 BP]

Stadler

Rainbow - Fire Dance 10/10

DAMN dude!! This does basically everything my all-time favorite metal bands do so well, and immediately put smiles on my face from the first few seconds to the last. I've rewritten this three or four times because it's always too long, so essentially, this just fucking ROCKS. It reminds me of Stratovarius in a big big way, well before Timo Tolkki was on the scene, but I can hear so much that influenced him here and it's the essence of what I love about metal. They sound heavy as hell without ever once losing the sense of melody, and even when there's an avalanche of notes, they still communicate melodic ideas which is what the absolute best metal musicians do imo (Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Luca Turilli, Stratovarius etc.). Catchy patterns everywhere both rhythmically and melodically. This is just a fucking home run dude, what a belter with the vocals too, talk about course correction... I even checked out a few more songs from this album and I'm super impressed. This writeup was way too long, again, but it's a well deserved 10. [+1 BP]

Squeeze - Pulling Mussels (From The Shell) 8.5
   Not bad. It's certainly catchy. This definitely doesn't sound like something from 1980, it sounds like it's from the 90s to me. You mentioned they were being called the "next Beatles" which I couldn't possibly disagree with more, but this is a nice little number. Not a whole lot else to say, it's pretty average.

The Outfield - Everytime You Cry 9.0
   Stadler, the greatest pure pop song of all time is Toto's Africa, so... you know... correct yourself. :) No, this is really, really good. It sounds 80s but in a really good way - no cheap synths here. Silky smooth vocals indeed, love those backing vox in the chorus. I love the drum sound too. Really nice number, my man, never heard of this before but it's playlist material for sure. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 67.55 [+7 BP]
Round 9 Score: 27.50 [+2 BP]
Average: 9.16~
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 76.71 [+9 BP]

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results part 2
« Reply #1689 on: February 24, 2019, 09:39:23 AM »
I honestly expected you to post my results now which are all 3.5/10. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1690 on: February 24, 2019, 09:44:58 AM »
I honestly expected you to post my results now which are all 3.5/10. :lol

I'm f'ing shook by your reaction to Florence, my dude.  :lol

The other 4 will be posted tonight. They're all done, but 2 of you I'm giving last minute listens for... reasons.

I'm also tired of updating the map and since it's almost the final round, literally anything that scores over 9 in the last round will give you bonus points. That's the whole gist of the final space, but I unfortunately didn't make it possible for everyone to reach it because I'm stupid  :lol
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:40:55 AM by Kattelox »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1691 on: February 24, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
Can't complain about those scores!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1692 on: February 24, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
Final 2 this evening. These two had enormous surprises this round, so they're paired together.

Evermind

Wishbone Ash - Throw Down The Sword 9.0
   I expected this to be death metal. It is, in fact, not death metal. It's good background tunes. The solos are my favorite part, there's some really cool interplay between the two guitars and I love it. Takes a few minutes to get going but I dig it. I don't think I have many songs that do the dual guitar solo thing now that I think about it... that's really freaking cool.[+1 BP]

Coverdale/Page - Whisper a Prayer for the Dying 8.1
   I had no idea these two worked together... this doesn't sound like the David Coverdale or the Jimmy Page I know. In fact this is just weird. Coverdale's voice is on the fence between kickass and Halford-level obnoxious. But this kicks ass. The main riff makes me think of Bon Jovi, so you decide if that's a good or bad thing, but I think this is a nice rocker, surprised I've never heard of this before.

Wow, this is a surprise. I also expected this to be death metal. And I almost thought it was when I heard that doomy riff at the start. But then it backed off, and then the woman's voice came in. The lyrics and vocals in these verses give me chills each time. I love these parts, much more than the heavy ones, but the heavy ones add just enough mood to the song without detracting. I love all the sliding and bending in the guitar solo. Totally unexpected - awesome song, dude. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 66.52
Round 9 Score: 27.20 [+2 BP]
Average: 8.93~
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 75.45 [+12 BP]

Puppies_On_Acid

Arena - The Hanging Tree 9.0
   First impressions were that this took way too long to get going, but on repeat listens it began to open up and I saw the beauty in this song. There's a real nice, gentle quality to that hook and the lead guitar has a very Pink Floyd-y thing going on. Love the slow swell and energy of this, it's somehow both gentle and powerful. Really good song, man. [+1 BP]

Arcane - Selfsong 9.2
   Oh yeah. At first I thought this would be another predictable prog rock/metal piece, but then it got to the crazy fast drumming and solos... familiar yet different, that's how I'd describe this song. And it does just enough differently to stay interesting. Kind of get a Maybeshewill vibe from some of the riffs, or maybe it's the abundance of piano over them... this is just really cool and really good. Playlist material. [+1 BP]

Equilibrium - Kurzes Epos 9.6
   Wow. I had one Equilibrium album back in the day but only liked two songs on it - Unbesiegt because of its dope pan flutes despite the awful vocals, and Mana because it was a 16 minute absolutely monstrous instrumental. This reminds me of Mana in almost every way, but unlike Mana, I think there's less filler and more memorable music in this 13 minute epic. It sounds every bit as grand as Mana, but it's just more concise in my opinion. I like that it kind of goes everywhere but doesn't sound unorganized, and it grows to such an epic finish that I actually enjoy the long break of ambience at the end to unwind after the 13 minute ass kicking my ears just took. Metal as fuck. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 66.15 [+4 BP]
Round 9 Score: 27.80 [+3 BP]
Average: 9.26~
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 75.41 [+7 BP]

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results part 3
« Reply #1693 on: February 24, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »
You expected Wishbone Ash to be 70s death metal? :lol

That Avatarium album is amazing by the way, if you're not convinced, just listen to Lady in the Lamp. This album turns doom on its heels.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1694 on: February 24, 2019, 11:38:12 AM »
Hey, there's a lot of songs, I forgot that was from the 70s  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1695 on: February 24, 2019, 11:54:03 AM »
Final 2 this evening. These two had enormous surprises this round, so they're paired together.

Oh great. :|

Who else?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1696 on: February 24, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »
You & Nekov. After I go to the gym and actually do some housekeeping.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1697 on: February 24, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
You & Nekov.

Is it because we switched positions in the standings? :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1698 on: February 24, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
You definitely switched with someone.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results part 4
« Reply #1699 on: February 24, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
Here we go.

In the final round, your BP will be added as a 'fourth' score alongside your 3 submissions, so it will raise your final score for the round. This could be the difference between 3rd and 7th place, potentially. All songs that get over 9.0 in the final round will get a bonus point that is factored into the final score. There is no theme.

TAC

Shadowquest - All One 9.0
   This singer is Andi Deris and Ralf Scheepers in the verses and Chris Bay in the chorus. What a strangely satisfying dichotomy. This is my cup of tea, complete with a fun synth solo. I love aggressive power metal that isn't afraid to add enough sugar to give me diabetes. Also, that high note. [+1 BP]

Kilmara - Purging Flames 7.8
   I don't have much to say about this song other than I think you've sent this six times already. :) Yeah, it's not bad, but it's so average compared to the other two songs here.

Flotsam & Jetsam - The End 8.7
   I love the speed in this song - the slowed down chorus kills the mood a bit but this song shreds. It sounds like a hell of a lot of other bands, but I like when bands play at this speed, so it balances out... pretty good headbanger here.

Current Score: 67.95 [+7 BP]
Round 9 Score: 25.50 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.50~
Movement:  9 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 76.45 [+8 BP]

Nekov

Emancipator - Baralku 9.3
   I've heard one Emancipator album but it wasn't quite as catchy and upbeat as this is. This has a bit more of a Tycho vibe, always a very good thing. This might be better than anything on that other album, actually, 'cause I can't even remember its name.

Lonely Robot - Hello World Goodbye 8.5
   Gorgeous tune that gives me IQ vibes. Nice swell to the guitar solo, which is really good and serves the music, then it goes out on a high note and lets the piano take it home. Good stuff.

John Mitchell - Take Me Home 8.5
   Wasn't expecting this.. The synth line and the awesome drum beat alone make this a good piece of music, but the unobtrusive lead guitar and bass also add a lot with their minimalist parts. Vocals aren't quite doing a lot for me but they're far from bad, they're just not captivating me.

Current Score: 69.61 [+10 BP]
Round 9 Score: 26.30
Average: 8.76~
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 78.37 [+10 BP]

12. Parama the Owl-Roamer: 8.56 = 8.56
n/a
(appeared as the Mystery Participant and vanished just as quickly)

11. Elite:   8.17 / 7.90 / 7.63 / 9.03 / 9.20 / 8.76 = 50.69
[+5 BP]
(left this mortal plane via dragonfire)

10. Indiscipline:   8.06 / 7.13 / 8.93 / 8.77 / 8.40 / 8.63 / 9.26 / 7.50 / 8.53 = 75.21 [+4 BP]
Down 2

9. Puppies_On_Acid: 8.73 / 8.37 / 9.43 / 8.67 / 7.76 / 8.06 / 8.23 / 6.90 / 9.26 = 75.41 [+7 BP]
Up 1

8. Evermind:   7.63 / 7.23 / 9.10 / 9.03 / 9.20 / 7.70 / 8.80 / 7.83 / 8.93 = 75.45 [+12 BP]
Up 1

7. wolfking:   8.40 / 8.43 / 9.43 / 8.63 / 7.80 / 8.50 / 8.30 / 8.50 / 8.03 = 76.02 [+5 BP]
Down 3

7. jingle.boy:   8.47 / 8.57 / 8.73 / 9.23 / 8.60 / 7.10 / 9.00 / 8.66 / 7.66 = 76.02 [+6 BP]
Down 5

5. kingshmegland:   8.37 / 8.03 / 8.80 / 9.00 / 8.76 / 8.10 / 8.66 / 8.10 / 8.66 = 76.42 [+8 BP]
Up 1

4. TAC:   7.46 / 8.57 / 9.20 / 9.00 / 8.00 / 8.96 / 8.43 / 8.33 / 8.50 = 76.45 [+8 BP]
Up 1

3. Stadler:   8.67 / 8.33 / 8.76 / 7.83 / 9.30 / 7.30 / 8.50 / 8.86 / 9.16 = 76.71 [+9 BP]
Up 4

2. Sacul:   7.50 / 8.40 / 8.60 / 9.27 / 9.10 / 8.20 / 8.50 / 7.63 / 9.30 = 77.50 [+13 BP]
Up 1

1. Nekov:   8.53 / 8.27 / 8.90 / 9.50 / 8.86 / 7.83 / 9.66 / 8.06 / 8.76 = 78.37 [+10 BP]
n/a

Again, in the final round, your BP will be added as a 'fourth' score alongside your 3 submissions, so it will raise your final score for the round. This could be the difference between 3rd and 7th place, potentially. All songs that get over 9.0 in the final round will get a bonus point that is factored into the final score. There is no theme.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Finally... here is a master list of what has been submitted this roulette... A band that hasn't received 9 or higher is still eligible to send. I've bolded everything that's ineligible for another go (Type O Negative didn't get over 9 but is banned because of the last roulette for example).

1. A.C.T – Puppeteers 8.7
2. A.C.T. - A Truly Gifted Man 8.9
3. Abel Ganz – Obsolescence, Pt. II: Evening 8.8
4. Across the Delta – The Loop 8.8
5. Adagio – Fire Forever 9.3
6. Agent Fresco – A Long Time Listening 9.1
7. Agent Fresco – See Hell 8.4

8. Agnes Obel – Familiar 8.5
9. Airbag – Broken 7.0
10. Al Di Meola – Race with Devil on Spanish Highway 9.2
11. Alcest – Les Voyages de L'âme 9.2
12. Alcest – Summer's Glory 9.0
13. Almanac – Flames of Fate 9.0
14. Alsatia – Across the Fray 9.0
15. Alter Bridge – Blackbird 9.2
16. Amadeus Awad – Lonesome Clown 9.4

17. Ancestral – Seven Months of Siege 8.5
18. Angelus Apatrida – Sharpen the Guillotine 9.1
19. Apparat – Song of Los 9.4

20. Arcade Fire – In the Backseat 7.4
21. Arcane – Selfsame 9.2
22. Arena – Cutting the Cards 7.8
23. Arena – The Hanging Tree 9.0
24. Ari Hest – Anne Marie 9.0
25. Arida Vortex – The Veldt 9.2
26. Arion – Shadows 9.0

27. Artificial Language – Fortune Teller 8.8
28. Avatarium – Moonhorse 9.7
29. Babymetal – Meta Taro 8.4
30. BADBADNOTGOOD – Confession 9.2
31. Banco del Mutuo Soccorso – Traccia 2 9.3

32. Bark Psychosis – Absent Friend 8.3
33. Barock Project – Gold 9.0
34. Barock Project – Happy To See You 8.6
35. Barock Project – Promises 8.4

36. Basil Pouledoris – Hymn to Red October 8.6
37. Beardfish – Into the Night 8.2
38. Beardfish – South of the Border 5.5
39. Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man – Mysteries 6.8
40. Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man – Tom the Model 6.4
41. Billy Joel – Goodnight Saigon 8.8
42. Billy Joel – The Night Is Still Young 8.4
43. Billy Squier – In Your Eyes 8.7
44. Black Majesty – Far Beyond 8.0
45. Black Majesty – Firestorm 8.2
46. Blessed By A Broken Heart – Shut Up And Rock 9.6
47. Bloodbound – Behind the Moon 9.0
48. Bloodbound – Nosferatu 9.5
49. Bohren & der Club of Gore – Painless Steel 9.2

50. Borealis – Revelation 8.6
51. Boris – Spoon 8.8
52. Bruce Dickinson – Tears of the Dragon 9.4
53. Butthole Surfers – Pepper 6.0
54. Cans – Beyond the Gates 6.4
55. Casualties of Cool – Moon 9.5
56. Chaos Frame – The World Had Two Faces 7.6
57. Chingon - Malagueña Salerosa 9.2
58. Cloudscape – Thunders of Extreme 8.8
59. Concrete Blonde – Caroline 8.9
60. Consortium Project – Enemy Within 8.8
61. Coverdale/Page – Whisper a Prayer for the Dying 8.1
62. CPR – That House 8.6
63. Damnations Day – To Begin Again 9.2
64. Danger Angel – All The King's Horses 8.0
65. Dark Forest – The Wild Hunt 8.8
66. DARKSIDE – Heart 8.7
67. Darkwater – Alive Pt. II 9.2
68. David Bowie – Lazarus 9.0
69. Daydream XI – Circus of the Tattered and Torn 9.2

70. Dead End Space – The Watchtowers 7.3
71. Dead Lord – The Bold Move 6.8
72. Deep Purple – Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming 8.5
73. Divine Weep – Tears of the Ages 8.6
74. DJ Shadow – Building Steam With A Grain of Salt 8.5
75. Dominici – The Monster 9.0
76. Dream Evil – The Book of Heavy Metal (March of the Metallians) 9.2
77. Dreamtale – Refuge From Reality 9.3
78. Eagleheart – Until Fear Is Gone 9.3

79. Echolyn – Past Gravity 6.7
80. Emancipator – Baralku 9.3
81. Enchant – Under Fire 8.0
82. Enemies – For Karla 9.2
83. Enemies – Play Fire 9.0

84. Enuff Z'Nuff – Fly High Michelle 7.2
85. Epysode – Obsessions 8.7
86. Equilibrium – Kurzes Epos 9.6
87. Eternal of Sweden – Surrounded by Shadows 9.3

88. Ethernity – Obscure Illusions 8.5
89. Evermind – Big Big Train – Brave Captain 8.8
90. Evil Masquerade – Black Ravens Cry 8.8
91. Faunts – Feel.Love.Thinking.Of 8.4
92. Faunts – Lights Are Always On 8.0
93. Fifth Angel – Dust to Dust 9.0
94. Firewind – Into the Fire 8.3
95. Flaming Row – Burning Sky 8.5
96. Flotsam & Jetsam – The End 8.7
97. Forgotten Suns – In Harm's Way 7.0
98. fox capture plan – Asian Dancer 10
99. fox capture plan – Brianstorm 9.8
100. Frameshift – La Mer 9.0

101. Frank Zappa – Peaches en Regalia 7.6
102. Freaky Jelly – Nothing To Feel 9.5
103. Freedom Call – Ocean 9.4
104. Frenzy – Shred or Die 7.2
105. Gaillion – L:etters from the Skipper 7.7
106. Galahad – Empires Never Last 9.0
107. Gazpacho – I've Been Walking, Pt. I 8.5
108. Gazpacho – The Walk 6.5
109. Gentle Giant – Acquiring The Taste 9.4
110. Glass Mind – Crepusculum Vehementis 9.0

111. Gloryful – The Oath 8.5
112. Goldfrapp – Stranger 7.7
113. Grails – Deep Snow 8.3
114. Green Carnation – Pile of Doubt 9.5
115. Hammock – (Tonight) We Burn Like Stars That Never Die 8.8
116. Hangar – The Reason of Your Conviction 8.0
117. Hank Williams, Jr. - Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line 8.5
118. Headspace – Soldier 7.4
119. Heart of Cygnus – Lost At Sea 9.0
120. Hearts of Black Science – Faces 9.2

121. Hellfueled – Let Me Out 8.5
122. Hemina – Moonlight Bride 9.0
123. Hibria – Millennium Quest 9.5
124. Hooverphonic – 2Wicky 9.0

125. Hotel of the Laughing Tree – In A River In The Woods 7.4
126. Hourglass – Facade 6.7
127. I Am the Manic Whale – Circles (Show Love) 9.0
128. Illusion Suite – Orpheus' Quest 8.4
129. In Continuum – Scavengers 9.3
130. Incubus – Dig 9.0
131. Innerwish – Rain of a Thousand Years 9.0

132. Jars of Clay – Flood 8.8
133. Jethro Tull – Dun Ringill 9.0
134. Joe Hisashi – Merry-go Round of Life 8.4
135. John Denver & Placido Domingo – Perhaps Love 8.8
136. John Miles – Music 7.0
137. John Mitchell – Take Me Home 8.5
138. Johnny Cunningham – Star Lullaby 9.0
139. Journey – Only the Young 9.0

140. Judas Priest – Dreamer Deceiver 5.1
141. Judas Priest – Run of the Mill 5.2
142. Junius – Birth Rites by Torchlight 7.5
143. Kaddisfly – via rail (Janvier) 7.4
144. Kiev – Ariah Being 9.6
145. Kiev – Tube Orms 9.1

146. Kilmara – Purging Flames 7.8
147. King Crimson – Starless 9.3
148. Kingcrow – Night's Descending 8.4
149. Korpiklaani – Wooden Pints 5.0
150. Kyuss – Gardenia 9.1
151. Last Tribe – Messenger 8.4
152. Last Tribe – Wake Up The World 8.5
153. Last Tribe – Wash Your Sins Away 9.0
154. Lee Abraham – Harbour Lights 8.5
155. Leech – The Man With The Hammer 7.6
156. Leo Delibes – Flower Duet 8.7
157. Lizzy Borden – Hell Is For Heroes 8.4
158. Lonely Robot – Hello World Goodbye 8.5
159. Lord – New Horizons 8.9
160. Lords of Black – Ghost of You 7.4
161. Lords of the Trident – Brothers of Cain 7.0
162. Lost In Thought – Blood Red Diamond 9.2
163. Lunatic Soul – Gutter 9.6
164. Lunatic Soul – Shutting Out The Sun 9.1

165. Machine Men – No Talk Without The Giants 8.2
166. Madder Mortem – Moonlight Over Silver White 8.7
167. Magnitude 9 – Lies Within the Truth 8.6
168. Magnus Karlsson – Kingdom of Rock 9.5
169. Manowar – Master of the Wind 6.2
170. Manticora – Humiliation Supreme 9.3
171. Marillion – Neverland 9.8
172. Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy 9.1

173. Mastodon – Hearts Alive 8.2
174. Mercenary – Through Our Darkest Days 9.2
175. Michael Nyman – An Eye For Optical Theory 9.0
176. Michiko Naruke – Into the Wilderness 9.2

177. Mile Marker Zero – Victory 8.6
178. MindMaze – This Holy War 5.5
179. Mob Rules – Dykemaster's Tale 7.4
180. Montrose – Rock Candy 7.7
181. Moonsorrow – Matkan Lopussa 9.4
182. Morcheeba – The Sea 9.5
183. Moving Mountains – 8105 7.6
184. MSG – Lost Horizons 9.0
185. Muse – Stockholm Syndrome 8.0
186. Ne Obliviscaris – Forget Not 8.2
187. Neonfly – The Messenger 8.6
188. Night Ranger – Penny 9.0
189. Nightmare – Serpentine 9.5

190. Nine Inch Nails – This Isn't The Place 8.5
191. Norbert Leo Butz – Moving Too Fast 7.0
192. Novembre – The Promise 8.4
193. Oceans of Time – Walls of Silence 9.0
194. Orden Ogan – Ravenhead 7.7
195. Pagan's Mind – The Celestine Prophecy 7.4
196. Pentangle – A Maid That's Deep In Love 8.4
197. Peter Gabriel – Solsbury Hill 9.6
198. Phantasma – Enter Dreamscape 7.4
199. Place Vendome – Cross the Line 8.5
200. Portishead – Glory Box 9.3
201. Premiata Forneria Marconi – Impressioni di settembre 8.2
202. Pretty Maids – Pandemonium 8.5
203. Primitai – Curse of Olympus 7.3
204. Protest the Hero – Tandem 7.6
205. Pure Reason Revolution – Bullits Dominae 8.5
206. Pure Reason Revolution – The Twyncyn/Trembling Willows 8.7
207. Pyramaze – Back For More 8.4
208. Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows 8.6
209. Rainbow – Fire Dance 10
210. Rainbow – Love's No Friend 6.2
211. Red Rider – Lunatic Fringe 9.2
212. Riot – Narita 9.0
213. Rolling Stones – Moonlight Mile 9.1
214. RPWL – The Fisherman 9.8

215. Sacrificed Alliance – Verdancy 8.5
216. Saffire – The Rainmaker 9.5
217. Sammy Hagar – Baby's On Fire 7.8
218. Savatage – Labyrinths / Follow Me 8.8
219. Scorpions – Holiday 7.7
220. Serious Black – Akhenaton 9.5
221. Serious Black – I Seek No Other Life 9.6
222. Shadowquest – All One 9.0

223. Silent Force – There Ain't No Justice 8.2
224. Sinbreed – Creation of Reality 9.4
225. Skunkworks – Space Race 9.0
226. Slow Motion Reign – Life Simulator 9.0

227. Soilwork – Needles and Kin 7.2
228. Soul Secret – Behind the Curtain 9.8
229. SoulSpell – Into the Arc of Time (Haamiah's Fall) 6.5
230. Sound of Contact – Not Coming Down 7.4
231. Southern Empire – Goliath's Moon 8.5
232. Spin 1ne 2wo – Can't Find My Way Home 8.8
233. Spock's Beard – The Doorway 7.0
234. Squeeze – Pulling Mussels (From The Shell) 8.5
235. Steam Powered Giraffe – Brass Goggles 7.6
236. Steely Dan – Rikki Don't Lose That Number 7.7
237. Steve and the Seagulls – Thunderstruck 7.0
238. Stone Temple Pilots – Pretty Penny 7.2
239. Storyteller – Curse of the Seven Seas 8.0
240. Styx – Red Storm 8.4
241. Subsignal – A Time Out Of Joint 8.3
242. Sufjan Stevens – Blue Bucket of Gold 8.6
243. Sufjan Stevens – Mercury 9.0
244. Sufjan Stevens – Should Have Known Better 7.9

245. Supertramp – School 5.8
246. Susanne Sundfor – Undercover 7.7
247. Sweet – AC/DC 9.4
248. T-Rex – Children of the Revolution 7.0
249. Talk Talk – Living In Another World 9.0
250. Tenhi – Sutoi 9.7

251. Teramaze – An Ordinary Dream (Enla Momento) 6.6
252. The Aristocrats – Bad Asteroid 9.2
253. The Cult – Edie (Ciao Baby) 8.9
254. The Ferrymen – End of the Road 7.8
255. The Gentle Storm – Endless Sea (Gentle Version) 9.4
256. The Gentle Storm – New Horizons (Storm Version) 9.2
257. The Gentle Storm – The Moment (Gentle Version) 9.0
258. The Grateful Dead – Terrapin Station 9.8
259. The Outfield – Everytime You Cry 9.0
260. The Poodles – Before I Die 9.2
261. The Stooges – Down on the Street 9.0

262. This Day & Age – More Of A Climb, Less Of A Walk 8.5
263. This Day & Age – The Bell and the Hammer 8.0
264. Thrice – Burn the Fleet 8.4
265. Thrice – The Whaler 9.7
266. Thrice – Words in the Water 9.0
267. Tommy Korberg – Anthem 9.2

268. Type O Negative – Anesthesia 7.4
269. Type O Negative – September Sun 8.7
270. Type O Negative – World Coming Down 8.1

271. U.D.O. - In The Heat of the Night 8.7
272. UFO – Dreaming of Summer 9.2
273. Úlfur Eldjárn – Kosovo 8.4
274. Ulver – Eos 9.2
275. Ulver – Ulvsblakk 9.2

276. Umphrey's McGee – Rocker 8.7
277. Uriah Heep – Choices 6.7
278. Uriah Heep – Look At Yourself 8.2
279. Vandroya – No Oblivion For Eternity 9.1
280. Vanishing Point – When Truth Lies 8.0
281. Vasudeva – Thought Pool 9.8
282. Viathyn – Edward Mordrake 7.5
283. Virgin Steele – The Burning of Rome 7.7
284. Virgin Steele – Through Blood and Fire 7.5
285. VOLA – Smartfriend 9.0
286. W.A.S.P – Hero of the World 9.5
287. Waylon Jennings – Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Gone Out Of Hand 8.8
288. Waylon Jennings – I Ain't Livin' Long Like This 9.0

289. White Lion – Lady of the Valley 8.5
290. Wilderun – The Means To Preserve 9.0
291. Wishbone Ash – Throw Down The Sword 9.0
292. Wolverine – Communication Lost 9.2

Have I set a record yet?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:06:43 PM by Kattelox »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
jesus christ

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

I meant to cut down with eliminations but even then I didn't think about the volume... haha

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Semifinal round (#9) results pt. 1 in the oven
« Reply #1704 on: February 24, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »
There is definitely a 5 or two or three in this round.

Or not apparently.  I grab a second fin-ski, Kade gets a 6'r, and everything else is 8+
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1705 on: February 24, 2019, 04:52:59 PM »
There is definitely a 5 or two or three in this round.

Or not apparently.  I grab a second fin-ski, Kade gets a 6'r, and everything else is 8+

There may have been revisions. :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
quick tally suggests - out of 292 songs - 130, scored 9+ whereas only 13 are under 7.  You sure have loose musical tastes!  :lol

Gonna send 3 hair metal gems.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Shut your Canadian hole and send some Warren Zevon, Lawrence Gowan, Honeymoon Suite, I Mother Earth and more Triumph dammit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
April Wine! :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hometown heroes, eh?  That sounds like a good idea too!  Maybe throw in a little Helix?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fuck yeah!! Deep Cuts The Knife!! :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Deep Cuts by The Knife!! :metal
Yeah that's a pretty cool synthpop album :metardica:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
quick tally suggests - out of 292 songs - 130, scored 9+ whereas only 13 are under 7.  You sure have loose musical tastes!  :lol

Gonna send 3 hair metal gems.

I like music. A lot. :)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
That's the only explanation to how I got away with 3 trip hop songs  :lol :metal