Author Topic: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Final Results (finally) - thank you for playing :)  (Read 97086 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Is that what that's called? God that's good stuff.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Even though there is no theme here, I might do a little homage to our Canad brothers and sisters, if'n I can find three songs that jazz me.   Break out some Coney Hatch!  Or Corey Hart!

EDIT:  SENT. Rather proud of my submissions, too, if I might add that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:03:00 AM by Stadler »

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I have sent.

See y'all on the flip side when I get my last place in this round.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh Ev... baby what is you doin??? I just looked at what you sent...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Oh Ev... baby what is you doin??? I just looked at what you sent...

OH JESUS!!! :lol

I'll work on my songs tonight.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
:lol

It's the last round and I'm near the bottom. I can afford to risk it. Besides, now you can safely dish out 3.5/10 scores in retaliation for Florence and the Machine score you've got. It's a win-win.

Just try to be open-minded, I guess?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Am I ever not? I'm not gonna retaliate because you bashed a great song :hat

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
When it comes to Judas Priest, I think. :lol

Just kidding actually, you're pretty good at this. And I love the songs I sent. Which will make it even more hilarious to see my 3.5/10 for

WE NEED TO SLOW DOWN
SO YOU CAN CATCH ME

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
WE NEED TO SLOW DOWN
SO YOU CAN CATCH ME

This song is amazing.  The atmosphere and melodies are incredible.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
So as Chad rightfully points out, there's a lot of high scoring music in this roulette and very little that scores poorly. This tells me a few things.

1. Y'all know a LOT of good music.
2. You didn't fucking heed my warnings about Judas Priest or just happened to send something boring
3. Even if I'm not excited by a song, it'll tend to score over 7.5 as long as it's reasonably well constructed and has something I can appreciate, which more often than not holds true
4. I'm a people pleaser and might be generous with scoring and genuinely dislike giving bad scores and eliminating people.

Now if I ever do run a third roulette, Chad will surely be eliminated in round 2 as a means of signaling that I am not fucking around. :)

Seriously though thanks for playing. I'm not the best at scoring or running roulettes but this has been super fun for me so thanks for participating.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Stadler..3rd Place going into the final round! :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Chad likes the hammer dropped on him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I finally have some time to put together something for the final round. I already have 2 songs picked, but I need to find a third that goes well with the other 2.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

I think he's a bit annoyed he got 2 5s and Stadler and Nekov got a 10  :lol

• DTF.org Member
So I've noticed I score poorly when I second guess myself and mull over the songs I'm sending for way too long and constantly change them around. As opposed to me just going with my gut and sending without thinking too much.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

I think he's a bit annoyed he got 2 5s and Stadler and Nekov got a 10  :lol

Time to man up then. Lol

• DTF.org Member
Sent!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
So I've noticed I score poorly when I second guess myself and mull over the songs I'm sending for way too long and constantly change them around. As opposed to me just going with my gut and sending without thinking too much.

Welcome to Roulette'g.

4. I'm a people pleaser and might be generous with scoring and genuinely dislike giving bad scores and eliminating people.

This should've been the #1 reason.  I mean, we're talking about DTF here... we're not (collectively) consistently good about anything.   :lol  And I only pointed out to our host that his distribution of scores is statistically implausible.

Only when it's your hammer, big sexy.  :zydar:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

This should've been the #1 reason.  I mean, we're talking about DTF here... we're not (collectively) consistently good about anything.   :lol  And I only pointed out to our host that his distribution of scores is statistically implausible.

Do you not believe me?? I get that there are a lot of 9s flowing but I don't give a 9 to something unless I actually loved it and I'm fairly certain every 9 in this roulette made my favorites playlist, hell I've got two dozen albums on the chopping block ready to be heard as soon as this is done (and one I checked out in the middle of a round!). I legit wasn't expecting so much awesome music. I was ready to dole out 5s in round 1, unfortunately the closest I got was Manowar. :) And fuck you if you're just messing around 'cause I already think my roulette sucks  :lol

I know, I know, this roulette sucks. I'll post results on Sunday and you all can thank Christ you don't have to submit anything else   :loser:

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
I know, I know, this roulette sucks.

No, it doesn't. Because:

1) It has me in it, so fock it.
2) It's extremely funny. Concept, colours, silly monsters and all.
3) Your write-ups always exude enthusiasm and interest for every submission, even those you don't like, and that's what makes a good submitter feeling good.

Seriously - and I can't possibly be accused of suckupitis 'cause if not for the big focking dragon roasting Rich I'd be dead last - your responses ALWAYS make the time spent thinking about sounds to send you absolutely worthy. That, for me, makes a very good and enjoyable roulette.

• DTF.org Member
I know, I know, this roulette sucks.

No, it doesn't. Because:

1) It has me in it, so fock it.
2) It's extremely funny. Concept, colours, silly monsters and all.
3) Your write-ups always exude enthusiasm and interest for every submission, even those you don't like, and that's what makes a good submitter feeling good.

Seriously - and I can't possibly be accused of suckupitis 'cause if not for the big focking dragon roasting Rich I'd be dead last - your responses ALWAYS make the time spent thinking about sounds to send you absolutely worthy. That, for me, makes a very good and enjoyable roulette.
Amen, brother! :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
but I legit thought it was sucking  :(

Chad, you have an opportunity to resend in place of one of your songs, it's not too late  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
but I legit thought it was sucking  :(

Chad, you have an opportunity to resend in place of one of your songs, it's not too late  :lol

A card laid is a card played.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Game on my friend :hat

Nekov sent his round 10 with his round 9 so I have... almost everyone. I think I need 2 more by my counts and then Final Hangman can start.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Is that what that's called? God that's good stuff.
Oh yes, and I was very into it back in 2016 - got a load more from where that came from  ;)

I'll try to come up with something tomorrow, hope I don't screw up and Nekov does  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm fucking dizzy.  I feel like Patrick Mahomes.  What do I do now?  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Choke in the AFC Championship game to an 11-5 King. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Choke in the AFC Championship game to an 11-5 King. :lol

HAHAHAHA, that got an honest to god laugh out loud.   :) 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well, I went out on a big limb.  Either it will blow him away, or I'm going down like Sean Connery in The Untouchables.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
:) And fuck you if you're just messing around 'cause I already think my roulette sucks  :lol

I know, I know, this roulette sucks. I'll post results on Sunday and you all can thank Christ you don't have to submit anything else   :loser:

No one said it sucks mate and no one said they were wishing it was over.

I will say it does seem difficult to pinpoint your tastes with the scoring a little erratic based on styles and whatnot.  Just when one thinks they have what you like nailed the scores go for a bit of a nose dive.  Just an observation from my point of view, but that's tastes and that's rouletteing and you like what you like.  I guess that's why my last 3 submissions are completely different and left field.  I've really enjoyed participating in the roulette and glad you are able to finish it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Dude, I have people who don't think I'm a metalhead based on my tastes, and people who think all I listen to is metal.  I also love video game music and a bunch of other genres so yeah. My tastes are everywhere.  :biggrin:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
You hate metal according to my submissions in your first roulette  :corn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Dude, I have people who don't think I'm a metalhead based on my tastes, and people who think all I listen to is metal.  I also love video game music and a bunch of other genres so yeah. My tastes are everywhere.  :biggrin:

I should've sent Adodean Skye. Combines both.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
About scoring... I think in my hypothetical 3rd roulette participants will just be ranked 1 through whatever and that'll be the scoring. Easy peasy. Best song gets top score, least favorite gets the lowest.

I just hated the metal you sent, Obama. I mean Parama.  :biggrin: