Author Topic: A new DT fan was created today . . . . . .  (Read 1558 times)

Offline commanderbob

A new DT fan was created today . . . . . .
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »
I noticed that King KTF, one of the more popular "hip-hop fan reacts to metal" youtube channels, heard Glass Prison as his introduction to DT. Unlike Lost in Vegas, I'm pretty sure we have an instant fan on our hands. It was a good time watching him become in awe! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNq6dJ79lK0&t=25s

Bosk, have the band or management tried interacting with some of these channels as a way to get exposure to folks who have probably never even heard of DT before? This one guy has 143k subscribers. Seems like a no-brainer to me. I wouldn't think DT would be too fancy to not do so.

Offline pg1067

Re: A new DT fan was created today . . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:28:43 AM »
Aren't most of the views by the "hip hop fan reacts to metal" videos by metal fans who want to watch the guy(s) react to their favorite songs?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »
Aren't most of the views by the "hip hop fan reacts to metal" videos by metal fans who want to watch the guy(s) react to their favorite songs?

Yeah. That doesn't negate what I said. I would think that new markets for the band would be very valuable. "Some" of six-figure views is still quite a bit.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »
Hold on, BRO! DAYUUUUM!

I want to believe his reactions are legit but there's so many poser reactions out there these days but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for sure.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
I like how he just humbly applauded at the end of the final instrumental, very akin to lighting a smoke after nutting.

Hold on, BRO! DAYUUUUM!

I want to believe his reactions are legit but there's so many poser reactions out there these days but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for sure.

I would think anyone with a sincere love/appreciation of music would at least have an appreciation and a sense of awe at DT's technical skills.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
I like how he just humbly applauded at the end of the final instrumental, very akin to lighting a smoke after nutting.

Hold on, BRO! DAYUUUUM!

I would think anyone with a sincere love/appreciation of music would at least have an appreciation and a sense of awe at DT's technical skills.

It's all just noise.

I'm with Petdick on this one. I do watch some reaction videos, but 90% of them are fake, cringeworthy, try hards out to make a quick buck. Want views? Make sure you have REACTION in all caps. Want even more views? Make bullshit top ten lists, or better yet, react to top ten lists! You'll have a million subscribers in a month!

Some of shit my daughter watches, I can't sigh loud enough. Then I find out they have millions of subs... I know I'm probably not in the intended demographic, but how can people eat this shit up? It's just awful.

Ok, that's my negative post for the day.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »
I know I'm probably not in the intended demographic, but how can people eat this shit up?
You've watched Idiocracy? :P
(Fair enough - it's by the same guy who did Beavis and Butthead, but I think you'll get the point.)