Author Topic: Are orders from Ytsejam Records still possible?  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Are orders from Ytsejam Records still possible?
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 09:37:01 AM »
Oddly enough, MP wanted to cover Revelation (Mother Earth) and James flatly refused which was the only song he'd ever refused to do, if I'm remembering right.
You are correct!

Why did he refuse to sing that song?  Just didn't like it?  I don't think I'm familiar with it but I'm curious what would make it the one song that he wouldn't do.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
Honestly, I didn't think it was that great.  There are some great tunes, but the performances and recording quality are really hit and miss.  For example, I was really looking forward to Mother, Father from the San Francisco show.  James crushed that song.  But the version on that covers album is from the sound check before the show, and is really flat.  Still a good release overall though.

I'm not crazy about all the covers and there's a few songs that aren't as great quality as you say, but I think the overall CD is still pretty good and worthy of purchase.  I'm more surprised how good some of the songs sound and are performed than unimpressed with others. Like Since I've Been Loving You.  So awesome.  And of course DOAM and H&H like others have stated.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 08:13:01 PM »
Oddly enough, MP wanted to cover Revelation (Mother Earth) and James flatly refused which was the only song he'd ever refused to do, if I'm remembering right.
You are correct!

Why did he refuse to sing that song?  Just didn't like it?  I don't think I'm familiar with it but I'm curious what would make it the one song that he wouldn't do.

No idea.  MP didn't go into details. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
Revelation (Mother Earth) is a very unusual vocal melody, and I think most singers would have a hard time pulling that off to where it sounds good.  It took a singer with a weird voice like Ozzy's to make it work.  Wouldn't surprise me if JLB didn't think his voice suited the song at all.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 08:33:43 PM »
You are correct!

No idea.  MP didn't go into details.

Well, I was kinda wondering if Setlist Scotty might know a little more. ;)

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
Revelation (Mother Earth) is a very unusual vocal melody, and I think most singers would have a hard time pulling that off to where it sounds good.  It took a singer with a weird voice like Ozzy's to make it work.  Wouldn't surprise me if JLB didn't think his voice suited the song at all.

I thought about that. I also wonder if he thought the lyrics were too hokey. "Please let my mother live" and the like. I think the lyrics are brilliant but he may have felt like he couldn't authentically sing them with feeling. Who knows.

Offline Hourglass Prison

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »
I remember a time when they used to sell these things on the merchandise stands at concerts. Pity they stopped doing that as it was more of an attraction when you could just buy them at a concert when you are already prepared to blow money on merchandise and get the cd straight away. I keep considering buying more of these but just don’t bother as you have to go online, put in all your details and then wait weeks/months for it to arrive. I know that’s not exactly hard work but it a significant enough barrier for me not to be arsed buying them. I know I’ll regret it though if they sell out and I don’t have them.

Oh dude, they're totally worth it.  Don't wait! I mean, some of them aren't special at all but the demos and the WDADRU CD/DVD are amazing.  The commentary on the DVD is a must.  The cover albums are a bit....ummm....hyped but they are still pretty cool.

Yeah, I’m not super into the covers series (though I do have the Maiden one), but I like their live CDs/DVDs. WDADR is definitely a must have. I agree about the commentary; lots of great insight into their early days with funny stories and John Myung actually talking quite a bit.

The Majesty Demos are pretty cool too.

I just wish they’d restock some of the ones that are out, particularly the FII Demo and the live LTE stuff. I missed the boat on those ones.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
I just placed an order today. So we'll see how long it takes from order to arrival.  :)

Ok, I got notification that my order was shipped today, December 5. So that makes it about 7 weeks of "processing" time (6.5), and now however long it takes to get here.

Just updating.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
One last update.

Got the discs yesterday, December 10.

So October 17 order, received December 10.

54 total days from placing the order until it hit my mailbox. Just shy of a full two months.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »
Thanks for sharing, good to know the timeline for anyone in the future

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
Got mine in the U.K. yesterday so almost 2 months exactly from order to receipt.  Only problem I had is that they did not pay the correct amount of postage and I have had to pay an additional £11.93 to receive the item.