Author Topic: Please sign a petition to get Score re-released on Blu Ray  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Please sign a petition to get Score re-released on Blu Ray
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
Not at all.  There is no reason they would even see or be aware of such a petition.  And even if they saw it, they aren't going to release a BR of a release that only a handful of people would ever even be remotely interested in buying.  The band members are smart enough to realize that there is practically no demand for this and practically no reason to do it.
I would think there is a market for it. That is one of their best performances caught on camera, you know how many die-hard DT fans would love to have this on bluray?  Heck, my dvd copy has gotten scratched up and skips during TSCO and SDOIT.  I would definitely by the bluray!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »
Not at all.  There is no reason they would even see or be aware of such a petition.  And even if they saw it, they aren't going to release a BR of a release that only a handful of people would ever even be remotely interested in buying.  The band members are smart enough to realize that there is practically no demand for this and practically no reason to do it.
I would think there is a market for it. That is one of their best performances caught on camera, you know how many die-hard DT fans would love to have this on bluray?

A few hundred?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
I would've thought the number is higher but who knows. The band has probably seen the numbers of prior two releases and doesn't feel there is a market for it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
It's cool on dvd nonetheless.  Is it still in print??
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »
I would think there is a market for it. That is one of their best performances caught on camera, you know how many die-hard DT fans would love to have this on bluray?

A few hundred?

I'd say then make a few hundred. Put out a limited edition blu-ray. Enough people would snatch that up. I know I would. I've been in need of a replacement since my DVD skips past the second half of 6DoIT, but I refuse to until it's available on blu-ray.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
Not very fiscally reasonable.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »

A few hundred?

I'd say then make a few hundred. Put out a limited edition blu-ray. Enough people would snatch that up. I know I would. I've been in need of a replacement since my DVD skips past the second half of 6DoIT, but I refuse to until it's available on blu-ray.
Perhaps throw in some bonus material not seen on the dvd, if there's any to put on there.  But yeah, mine skips too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »
I would've thought the number is higher but who knows. The band has probably seen the numbers of prior two releases and doesn't feel there is a market for it.

I'd be curious to see what the results of the Budokan blu-ray release were, that would be a solid data point to see if the release would be worth it financially.  But I think the reality is what bobs is saying, not anything to do with contracts or ability to make money.  There's a very large reason to release it on blu-ray besides money or for the fans though and that's for releasing the best product possible.  The DVD has some really grainy picture that would make a blu-ray a significant upgrade.  This is way more impactful on the overall product that Budokan's blu-ray release was.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
Does the Budokon bluray sound any better, such as being remastered or even mixed. My biggest frustration with the Budokon dvd is JP's solos are way low in the mix..

Offline faizoff

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
I'm going to relisten to it but what I remember the stereo LPCM track was awesome.
Read this review on the bluray
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dream-Theater-Live-At-Budokan-Blu-ray/29117/#Review
it gives a good description of the video and audio quality.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »
Thanks for the link, good read!