Author Topic: Marvel's Secret Invasion - First trailer!!!  (Read 4147 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Re: Marvel's Secret Invasion - First trailer!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2023, 03:47:30 AM »
Presuming this ends with Nick finding the real human Everett Ross and Rhodes.  There surely will be the surprise reveal has been a skrull all along - Sharon Carter is an obvious but bland choice.  Black Widow would be awful.  Cap't America would be fun if it was revealed that Skrull Cap was the one who stayed in the past (although completely stupid).

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2023, 06:24:05 AM »
Yeah, I'm waiting for the big "reveal" but I'm prepared to not get anything. We already got Rhodey, and some political figures. I didn't think of Sharon but you are right, though it will be weird having her show up last episode for no particular reason.

My guess is that they'll leave it open ended with the implication that Skrulls will still be around.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2023, 08:14:13 AM »
The big reveal

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2023, 08:22:49 AM »
The big reveal

:rollin :rollin :rollin

I've seen better 'shops in memes. Almost as bad as the CGI in The Flash or Scorpion King!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2023, 06:35:44 AM »
That was it?!  What a waste of time.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2023, 03:57:03 PM »
Yeah, just checking. Was that really it? Sorry but that was just beyond lame to me. It felt like half the show was left on the cutting room floor.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »
If they spend 200M on this and that was all, man, that was lame

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2023, 05:32:31 PM »
Yeah, that finished like a deflating balloon.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2023, 06:02:31 PM »
While I enjoyed the show, I'm struggling to grasp the point. Nothing was solved and everything was essentially made worse. Will this get resolved somewhere down the line? Not even a post credit scene. They left us with more questions than when we started. Bit confused here.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2023, 06:44:19 PM »
I haven’t watched the new episode yet, but the whole thing has felt a lot like a Marvels “prologue” so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was an open ended setup.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2023, 07:51:22 PM »
While I enjoyed the show, I'm struggling to grasp the point. Nothing was solved and everything was essentially made worse. Will this get resolved somewhere down the line? Not even a post credit scene. They left us with more questions than when we started. Bit confused here.

I really don't see where it can play into either...upcoming we got the Marvels, Loki, Echo, Ironheart and Agatha...and I'm baffled how it'll roll into any of those, or anything else.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2023, 07:54:25 PM »
Yeah, dumb finale. Unless Armor Wars is a follow up to this, this was a waste of time.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2023, 08:24:26 PM »
There's a part of me that thinks this was supposed to be a swan song for Fury, and if so, he deserved better.

Is he slated to appear in anything else?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2023, 08:34:40 PM »
There's a part of me that thinks this was supposed to be a swan song for Fury, and if so, he deserved better.

Is he slated to appear in anything else?

It feels like this will lead to a second series.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2023, 08:36:10 PM »
He's in the trailer for the Marvels

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2023, 08:38:55 PM »
I'm glad my impression isn't too different from everyone else's.  It seemed pretty pointless overall.  Episode 5 made it look like things were finally starting to happen, and I thought that if the finale was kickass enough, then maybe it would've been worth slogging through the first four episodes, but no.  It just kinda fizzled.  So yeah, basically a waste of time, and Maria and Talos both died for nothing.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2023, 08:44:26 PM »
Didn’t love it. Didn’t hate it. Didn’t need it to change the MCU forever. Glad it didn’t.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2023, 09:16:22 PM »
He's in the trailer for the Marvels

Hmm, wonder how that'll play out

Offline jammindude

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2023, 11:16:10 PM »
OMG you guys are high! I thought the episode was wonderful! Here I was expecting to be all disappointed, and I ended up really liking it.

You guys are almost as bad as Dream Theater fans…

…oh wait.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2023, 05:10:05 AM »
Rotten Tomatoes scores for Secret Invasion episodes

E1 — 52%
E2 — 50%
E3 — 38%
E4 — 38%
E5 — 50%
E6 — 13%

The finale is currently the lowest-rated MCU episode ever

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2023, 08:03:36 AM »
Not surprised, it's probably the worst Marvel show yet. Just agreeing with everyone that the final episode was LAME.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2023, 08:10:18 AM »
Didn’t love it. Didn’t hate it. Didn’t need it to change the MCU forever. Glad it didn’t.

I'm kind of in this camp as well. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It was...alright.

Regarding President Ritson - didn't anyone tell him/show him that he was SAVED by a Skrull? Sure, one of his closest advisors happened to be a Skrull the whole time, but by him making the declaration to kill all Skrull, regardless of their alignment, feels like a kick in the balls to Talos and his sacrifice. I feel like he died for nothing. If Ritson had addressed the Skrull issue by saying one saved his life, but another tried to use him, he could've made it clear that not all Skrulls are bad, and that folks shouldn't be hunting them down, but he instead gave the public free reign to hunt them indiscriminately, thus killing innocent people suspected of being Skrulls. It just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Regarding Fury - I liked his "ending" with Varra, but how much do you want to be she doesn't show up in The Marvels? "Oh, she finished helping me before the events of this film began" he'll say, so she doesn't get to show up in the film. Whatever. I knew he'd survive anyway, but did anything really impact him that much over the course of the series? He dealt with Gravik, but he didn't seem too affected by it at the end. No remorse for misleading the Skrulls, no regret for getting Talos killed, nothing. Maybe he's just compartmentalizing his emotions as any spy would.

Regarding G'iah - Sooooo...we have the superest of Super Skrulls just roaming the world now, and no one knows but Sonya Falsworth? I wonder how long that relationship will last considering G'iah is now probably the most powerful being on Earth (a fact that probably won't ever get addressed ever again, unless there's a second season of SI, which I doubt). Her fight Gravik was...OK. Maybe I was just distracted or uninterested, but it didn't feel like her fight had any emotional weight or gravity to it. It felt a lot like many other "final episode CGI-fest battles" that we've had with the other D+ MCU shows. It was a fun display of powers but it happened all too fast for my tastes.

I had high hopes for this series, but it continues to fall in line with much of the Phase 4 and 5 projects so far that have fallen under lowered expectations. Secret Invasion had good moments, some great ones even, between characters when they had their quieter, conversational moments, but the action and plot felt like stepping stones to get Fury and others from one place to the other.

Let's hope Loki Season 2 proves to be a better bet this year.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2023, 09:45:10 AM »
Regarding G'iah... 

Her fight Gravik was...OK. Maybe I was just distracted or uninterested, but it didn't feel like her fight had any emotional weight or gravity to it. It felt a lot like many other "final episode CGI-fest battles" that we've had with the other D+ MCU shows. It was a fun display of powers but it happened all too fast for my tastes.

That's what I was thinking, even as it was happening.  "Okay, we waited through six episodes of set-up, and this is the Big Battle Scene to serve as the adrenaline climax, then we'll get a (probably lame) emotional conclusion."  Sadly, I was right.  It didn't help that a lot of the battle scene didn't even make much sense.  And the conclusion with Varra/Priscilla meant pretty much nothing, since I never did understand her role in the series other than "Oh, Fury married a Skrull.  Interesting."  He ghosts her most of the time, but he promises to do better, but she either doesn't believe him, or doesn't care at this point.  But she (surprise!) shows up at the end to go with him anyway.  Until she decides to just go back to Earth (where it's open season on Skrulls).

Online Adami

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2023, 09:48:18 AM »
The final fight fell into the Man of Steel trap. Two god like creatures fighting. Causing so much damage around them but virtually none to each other....since they're godlike.

The only thing this did right was make it short. 10+ minutes of invincible beings smashing each other through buildings is beyond boring.

They need to stop having over powered people do fist fights. Get creative with it! Do something to hone in on the humanity of it, or a weakness they didn't know they had, or something. Two people punching each other who aren't able to do any harm is pointless.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2023, 09:55:44 AM »
The final fight fell into the Man of Steel trap. Two god like creatures fighting. Causing so much damage around them but virtually none to each other....since they're godlike.

The only thing this did right was make it short. 10+ minutes of invincible beings smashing each other through buildings is beyond boring.

They need to stop having over powered people do fist fights. Get creative with it! Do something to hone in on the humanity of it, or a weakness they didn't know they had, or something. Two people punching each other who aren't able to do any harm is pointless.

Dude! She literally killed him!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2023, 09:57:28 AM »

I also didn't like how they intuitively knew how to use their powers. Like, it would've been immensely more satisfying to see them struggle with this overload of powers at first, and be unsure how to use them, especially G'iah. I get some powers come easier than others, but there's no way that someone suddenly acquiring over two dozen different power sets doesn't confuse or strain them mentally and/or physically.

-Marc.

Online Adami

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2023, 09:58:38 AM »

Dude! She literally killed him!

Yes, and Superman killed Zod. But until that moment, no one is getting hurt. The fight itself has to be interesting. Someone losing or dying at the end doesn't retroactively make it interesting. And this fight (like all other over powered fights) was not at all interesting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2023, 10:47:32 AM »

I also didn't like how they intuitively knew how to use their powers. Like, it would've been immensely more satisfying to see them struggle with this overload of powers at first, and be unsure how to use them, especially G'iah. I get some powers come easier than others, but there's no way that someone suddenly acquiring over two dozen different power sets doesn't confuse or strain them mentally and/or physically.

-Marc.

Exactly! As soon as my wife and I heard her say "Go to sleep" a la Mantis we were like  ??? ??? ???

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2023, 11:04:17 AM »
After being set free, the people who were trapped in the base eventually managed to walk on their own, except for Rodhey. It is understandable that after a long period of catatonic sleep, their muscles needed some training to relearn how to walk again. However, considering they were in a nuclear plant, shouldn't they have been required to wear masks while leaving the camp?

Online Adami

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2023, 08:20:15 PM »
After being set free, the people who were trapped in the base eventually managed to walk on their own, except for Rodhey. It is understandable that after a long period of catatonic sleep, their muscles needed some training to relearn how to walk again. However, considering they were in a nuclear plant, shouldn't they have been required to wear masks while leaving the camp?

Shhhhhhhh....

Also I agree with what was said about the president's end. Him going full villain and being totally cool with genocide just felt VERY out of place and didn't sit well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2023, 06:27:11 AM »

Shhhhhhhh....

Also I agree with what was said about the president's end. Him going full villain and being totally cool with genocide just felt VERY out of place and didn't sit well.

My guess is that this particular point will lead to Thunderbolts and Cap. America.

Didn't hate the ending, but didn't love it either. Thought it was fine, just a tad underwhelming.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk