Author Topic: Hulu Theater at MSG  (Read 882 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Hulu Theater at MSG
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »
I suspect plenty here have seen shows at the place. From the pictures it looks pretty ginormous, so I'm not real keen to get tickets way in the back. At the same time I've seen comments that lead me to believe you're not actually all that far back. What's the story with this place? Cool? Suck? Huge? Intimate?

I'll be catching APC there and I'd like some insight before popping for a ticket.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Hulu Theater at MSG
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 10:57:39 AM »
I've been there twice for shows, Dream Theater on the Train of Thought tour and G3 with Satriani/Petrucci/Gilbert, but I wasn't too far back either time so I can't comment on how far away you feel in the back. I was supposed to be for the G3 show, but it hadn't sold well so they blacked out the back sections and moved everybody up closer. Cool venue from what I remember.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
Had to google it to confirm, I didn't realize they changed the name to Hulu Theater, used to just be "The Theater at MSG" but anyway, only been there once for a cirque du soleil show.  It was a nice theater, but not sure how well it works out for a concert.  I'm sure it's fine and being in the back would likley be fine I'd think as long as you weren't on the side.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »
Thanks. I thought DT had played there, so I figured there'd be some feedback.

The show I'm looking at only has seats available in the back corners, so I'm just hoping to get an idea if it'll suck because of it.

edit for Cram's post:  Oops.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:24:42 PM »
APC?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »
A Perfect Circle, I imagine.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
Yep. Didn't have a good experience when I saw them down here, and I really dig their show.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
Yep. Didn't have a good experience when I saw them down here, and I really dig their show.

Was that a personal experience or something with the actual concert?  I don't follow APC, but I've read of people not enjoying their live show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 01:42:59 PM »

Was that a personal experience or something with the actual concert?  I don't follow APC, but I've read of people not enjoying their live show.
Their live show is great. This was entirely about the venue. It was 110 and still as can be under the shed at Starplex (you've been there, I recall). Moreover, it was acrid as hell because of some rancid fog juice they bought from Dollar Tree or some shit. Just miserable. My buddy actually fell out because of the heat so we missed the final 20 minutes or so.

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing a better show when I'm up there.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
damn that heat sounds miserable for a concert.  The things I had read were mostly about Maynard and also a no camera policy.  Was wondering if you were referencing something similar to the ushers from DT's TA show at RCMH.