Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 112011 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Final Results Are Here!)
« Reply #2240 on: February 11, 2019, 12:10:30 AM »
just a heads-up that the prelim round isn't gonna be full-length EPs, so wait a bit until I put the thread up. you'll have a week to put something together anyways

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2241 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:53 AM »
I'll just be putting together some rough ideas, gathering songs that I think you will like. I can form the narratives later when the time comes. Unless there are specific themes....Ooh that might be a cool idea......hmm...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2242 on: February 11, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »
well i hope you make it past the prelims since we have a lot of musical overlap and i want to hear the good stuff you've got without being subjected to absu  :metal

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2243 on: February 11, 2019, 04:50:16 AM »
but yeah really as soon as stads puts his results up and bolsters gives me the go-ahead i'll put my roulette up
There's no reason to wait for me if he posts round seven results and I'm still asleep or something, just go ahead and start. :corn
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:10:46 AM by Bolsters »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2244 on: February 11, 2019, 06:00:56 AM »
Congrats ariich!  :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2245 on: February 11, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »
Congrats ariich! 

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2246 on: February 11, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »
Rich be rollin.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2247 on: February 11, 2019, 09:43:44 AM »
Dammit ariich.

Congrats. I’m your second place bitch again!!

Glad to represent the Fogeys. Greatest Hits round killed me. And I was really confident too.

Pup, could you open my CD cover? I worked hard on that thing! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2248 on: February 11, 2019, 10:22:29 AM »
You did beat me pretty comfortably in the concept album final, so I'm just glad I at least did well enough to still win. Man, if I'd thrown that away.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2249 on: February 11, 2019, 11:04:45 AM »
technically the antlers was the last thing i sent to puppies this roulette so i threw away my chances pretty concisely with that  :sadpanda:

not my fault puppies doesn't like a good album though so w/e

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2250 on: February 11, 2019, 11:08:01 AM »
Puppies, I'm glad you dug the Stealing Axion material.  Their second album Aeons is definitely worth checking out.  The first one, Moments, is solid as well, but I really think they nailed it with Aeons.  Kind of bummed I dropped from second to fifth with the concept round, but hey, I'm glad to have made it to the end, especially with the strength of the competition going into the final round.  This was a fun roulette for sure. :metal
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2251 on: February 11, 2019, 12:21:52 PM »
I think my EP is the main reason I made it in to the final round; the greatest hits did pretty well too.   But after the first few album rounds I certainly thought I was done.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2252 on: February 11, 2019, 06:19:01 PM »
I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed the roulette, even though it was a long road. I know I enjoyed it! It's going to be a while before I do another one, though. And it's certainly not going to be this long next time.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2253 on: February 11, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed the roulette, even though it was a long road. I know I enjoyed it! It's going to be a while before I do another one, though. And it's certainly not going to be this long next time.

It was a fucking marathon, holy shit! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: February 11, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »

It was a fucking marathon, holy shit! :lol

Almost 4 1/2 months start to finish.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Post Roulette Concept Albums from Kat & Jingle?)
« Reply #2255 on: February 13, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
Just curious if Kat and Jingle are still sending me those post roulette concept albums?
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Post Roulette Concept Albums from Kat & Jingle?)
« Reply #2256 on: February 13, 2019, 10:16:52 PM »
Just curious if Kat and Jingle are still sending me those post roulette concept albums?

Remind me ... do you have Spotify?  Can I just share the playlist?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2257 on: February 13, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »
Scratch that... I remember now - you're a Google Play kinda guy, right?  Well, I'll send you the song/album/tracklist, and let you build your own playlist.  Will send in the morning.  It's bed-time for this cochise.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2258 on: February 13, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »
Scratch that... I remember now - you're a Google Play kinda guy, right?  Well, I'll send you the song/album/tracklist, and let you build your own playlist.  Will send in the morning.  It's bed-time for this cochise.
That works for me  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2259 on: February 13, 2019, 10:54:08 PM »
I am but I'm so busy doing my roulette that I'm slacking. Also I noticed Sonata was used again after I used them so is there room to use artists again or something?   :P
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2260 on: February 14, 2019, 04:49:23 AM »
I am but I'm so busy doing my roulette that I'm slacking. Also I noticed Sonata was used again after I used them so is there room to use artists again or something?   :P

Just send what you had planned ... it's not like we're bound by official rules at this point.   :D

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2261 on: February 14, 2019, 08:16:11 AM »

Just send what you had planned ... it's not like we're bound by official rules at this point.   :D
Yeah, go for it!  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2262 on: February 14, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »
Oh thank god, that'll make this so much easier. OK. I have the day off work and possibly most of tomorrow so I'll get cracking on it best I can while working my roulette.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2263 on: February 14, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
Oh thank god, that'll make this so much easier. OK. I have the day off work and possibly most of tomorrow so I'll get cracking on it best I can while working my roulette.
No rush, this is all post roulette anyway. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2264 on: February 16, 2019, 04:22:35 AM »
Sorry for being late to the (already finished) party, but congrats Rich and thanks for hosting this thing Pup! It’s been fun (and long indeed, but what the hell) and I’m glad I was able to send you stuff you enjoyed, even up to the last round. With regards to my concept album, you should probably check out both Huntsmen and Ancestors and Khemmis has some cool stuff as well that would appeal to some others here as well I think (I’m thinking TAC mostly).

Thanks again :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2265 on: February 16, 2019, 01:07:04 PM »
With regards to my concept album, you should probably check out both Huntsmen and Ancestors and Khemmis has some cool stuff as well that would appeal to some others here as well I think (I’m thinking TAC mostly).

Gee thanks!

If I don't get right on it, I'm hosting The TAC Roulette V3 in a bit. Would love to have you join!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2266 on: February 16, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »
i'm /in for TAC v3  :corn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2267 on: February 16, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »
Does "/in" mean in? :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round....coming soon...)
« Reply #2268 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
The Jingle vs Kattelox bonus round is coming soon.... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2269 on: March 04, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »
The Jingle vs Kattelox bonus round is coming soon.... :corn

Great. The NIT!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2270 on: March 04, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
Dude, making a concept album is really f&#$ing hard. Especially with Puppies' banned list. I'm trying not to make my first one look like total ass but it's hard  :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2271 on: March 04, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
Dude, making a concept album is really f&#$ing hard. Especially with Puppies' banned list. I'm trying not to make my first one look like total ass but it's hard  :lol
:metardica:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2272 on: March 04, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »

I feel your pain.  That was not an easy task at all!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2273 on: March 04, 2019, 10:10:08 PM »

Need me to call you a Wah-mbulance?

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2274 on: April 25, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
I finally got around to listening to Jingles concept album. Sorry it took me so long. I was hoping Kattelox was still going to send one. Oh well. I guess you win the Bonus round by default. I will be writing a write up for this soon with my thoughts and rating.

Anyway here is a hangmememememeeeeeeees for anyone who wants to be teased by what Jingle sent.  :biggrin:

?: ______ – ________ _...__ _____ __ ______
?: _______ _____ – _ ____ __ _____ ____
?: ______ _____ – _________ ______
?: _______ – ____ ________ ____
?: _____ ____ – ___________ __________
?: _______'_ __ _____ – ______ __ ____
?: ________ – ___ _______
?: ____:_._. – _______ ___ ___ ______
?: ____ ______ – _______
?: ________ – ________
?: ______ – ____ _________
?: _______ _____ – __ ________ ______
?: _________ – _________
?: ___ __________ _______ – ____ ________ _____
?: ________ –_____ ______
?: ________ – _____ __ ____
?: ________ – ________ ____
?: ___ __________ _______ – ___ ____ _______
?: ___ __________ _______ – _________ _: ___ __________
?: ________ ________ – ____ ___ _______
?: ______ – ________ ______ __ ___..._

Guessed letters:
aka Puppies_On_Acid