Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 112117 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 2 Listening/Judging underway)
« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »
bruh
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »
:soon:  :sadpanda:

oh no, one of them died! you better hurry before the other one dies too!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2018, 07:07:11 PM »
:soon:

I'm trying to figure out how to tell Jingle his album sucks without hurting his feelings too badly :biggrin: Then I will post results.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #423 on: October 24, 2018, 07:09:44 PM »
I'm sure he already knows. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i noticed the thread title changed.

but i have been deceived

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
First of all I need to apologize for all the delays in posting the results for this round. A lot of the issues were out of my control, but I still feel bad for making you all wait so long. So without further ado.

Round 2 Results!!

Borealis - Purgatory
Jingle
Progressive Power Metal
Canada

First Impression - Sounds like pretty vanilla Power Metal

I really hate to do this to you, but this album just did not work for me. Perhaps vanilla Power Metal isn't the right term to describe this, but it all seems very plain to me. It just never clicked outside of the first three tracks, which I thought were pretty damn good. There was tight drumming, cool riffs (even some cool Melodeath riffing), and the vocals were working. I thought I was in for a nice ride. But it was like the band just gave up after that. It's what I like to call the Cloudscape Dilemma. They tend to have a few awesome tracks to start their albums and then it's just snoozefest after snoozefest. That's what happens here in Purgatory :neverusethis:. It also doesn't help that a lot of the songs in the middle and end have a lot of similarities to Everygrey. I was never a huge fan of Evergrey. A lot of the riffing kind of devolved in to a palm muted mess. The keyboardist sounds bored and I don't like the vocals after that 3rd track. I thought maybe I was missing something and you are probably going to say the same thing, but this just isn't my cup of tea. I hate to rate an album so low that people really like, but thems tastes for ya.

Favorite Songs - Past the Veil, The Chosen One
Least Favorite - Sacrifice, Rest My Child

6/10

John Wetton & Geoffrey Downes - Icon 3
Stadler
Progressive Rock-ish
United Kingdom

First Impression - Some good stuff, some not so good. Has a retro 80's feel to it.

I'm definitely familiar with John Wetton from his work with Asia, King Crimson, and UK. And I've familiar with Geoff Downes also being in Asia and in Yes. They definitely know how to right a catchy tune. For the most part it's and enjoyable enough album. I guess one could argue it sounds dated, considering it was made in 2009 and it sounds like it could be an 80's Asia album (I wonder why that is.... :P), but I think it's more of a retro throwback. The first track is a good opener, with good energy. Reminds me a bit of the classic rock revival that The Night Flight Orchestra is doing these days. Destiny starts off sounding like Bohemian Rhapsody, haha, especially with that first vocal of "Mama!" I thought they were going to break in to a strange Queen cover. It quickly changes and doesn't sound like it after the first 45 seconds or so. It's also a pretty good song. I'd like Green Lights and Blue Skies if it wasn't for the super cheesy vocoder vocals. This is where the problems start. It seems each song after this point has something about it that I don't particularly like. I think it mostly comes down to music taste though. I can appreciate what they are doing, but parts of this album just don't sound right. The repetitiveness in Raven is super annoying and Sex, Power and Money is just not a song that I enjoy at all. The exception is My Life is in Your Hands which is a great song from start to finish with some great progressions. It almost sounds like a Marillion song from the early 90's. Actually a lot of the guitar work here is fairly Steve Rothery like. I had to double check and see if he did some guest guitars or something (spoiler alert, he did not). The last two tracks are actually pretty OK with few issues.

I'm kind of torn whether or not I want to explore the other Icon albums. If it's more of the same like this album, I may not be too inclined to try them out. Bottom line is, it's not a bad album. It's an OK album, with a few really standout tracks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Favorite songs - Destiny, My Life is in Your Hands
Least Favorite - Raven, Sex Power and Money

7/10

Petter Carlsen - Clocks Don't Count
Ariich
Indie Rock
Norway

First Impression - I hear Cedric Bixler-Zavala mixed with Anthony Green in the vocals.

This album is a very mixed bag for me. I generally like the vocals, but at times I wish he would change it up a bit and there are times where he sounds a little too whiny, bordering on bad emo territory. It's seems to be the same even tone throughout. The album is pretty chill and low key from start to finish. I like Table for One and how it ummm......sets the table for the rest of the album :neverusethis:. Spirits in Need is kind of neat with some cool guitar lines, but the vocals aren't as strong as the first track. One of Those Days is where the unevenness starts to rear its ugly head. Built to Last picks the album back up, but that's probably because Vincent Cavanagh is doing guest vocals providing some fantastic harmonies. The rest of the album follows the same pattern of a good song followed by a not so good song. I feel like this album could have and should have been so much better. I'll probably revisit in the future outside of the roulette format to see if it sits better then.

Favorite Songs - Table For One, Built to Last
Least Favorite - Even Dead Things Feel Your Love, Home

7/10

Serdce - Timelessness
Elite
Progressive Death Metal
Belarus

First Impression - How cute, Between the Buried and Me and Symphony X had a baby

That was then raised by Cynic. My first impression actually makes more sense by added the sentence about Cynic. I've heard a lot of people compare these guys to Dream Theater in places, which I can kind of see, but it sounds closer to Symphony X to me. Especially the clean vocals, which sound like a poor mans Russell Allen. I hear a lot of BTBAM in the harsh vocals (like a poor mans Tommy Rogers) and in the general quirkiness of the songs. And you can hear Cynic's influence all over this; maybe a little old school Atheist. They take all these influences and create something that is all it's own, but not exactly original. Plus the slower bits and clean vocals take a lot of the wind out of the sails that are driving this boat, that is the album. The cleans aren't particularly good and then again I don't think the harsh vocals are particularly good. The instrumentation is pretty much top notch everywhere, so no real complaints there. I just kind of feel like this album is going to end up landing in with the heaps of albums that I've listened to a handful of times and thought I could be listening to a better version of what they are trying to do here. Therefor I end up never coming back to the album. It's not a bad album, it's just other bands seem to be doing stuff about 90% similar, but 10 times better. Having said that, the tracks Samadhi and Magic Rain are both really good and I could see myself putting them on a playlist for future listening.

Favorite Songs - Samadhi, Magic Rain
Least Favorite - Loss of Feelings or Feeling of Loss

7.4/10

Ultar - Kadath
Evermind
Blackgaze
Russia

First Impression - Kind of par for the course for this genre

Blackgaze seems to be kind of a stagnant genre these days. Nobody is really trying to come up with anything revolutionary or new. They seem to be either copying Alcest, Agalloch, Deafheaven, and Lantlos, (who in turn were just taking what Ulver had done on their first few albums and adding in Post punk and shoegaze) or they are putting out complete turds with recorded in a bathroom quality. This may just be a limitation of the genre though. Ultar seem to be of the former category (thankfully; I would have immediately eliminated you if you sent me bathroom quality music), which is both good new and bad news. The good news is, they are at least making quality music that copies the above mentioned bands. It generally has a good atmospheric approach with vocals that fit the genre well, mostly. I say mostly because this is another one of those bands that seems to think that harsh vocals must be used at all times, whether the music demands it or not. There are some slower, quieter parts that have harsh vocals over it and I have to ask myself, why? Why would they do that. At least take a page out of the Agalloch book and do some kind of echo-y clean vocals or something. Perhaps the vocalist isn't confident in his cleans. Fortunately this doesn't happen often. The final track, Kadath, is pretty epic though and so is the opening track to a lesser extent.

So the bad news is they cant seem top the quality of the bands they are copying, so therefor I would rather be reaching for an album by the bands who were originally doing this kind of music. Plus the 2 ambient tracks don't really do anything for me. They should have just been shortened and rolled in to the tracks that follow them, since they are being used as intro's anyways.

Favorite song - Kadath
Least Favorite - Shores of the Sleeping Seas

7.5/10

Labÿrinth - Architecture of a God
Lethean
Progressive Power Metal
Italy

First Impression - This dude can sing!

Iron Maiden and Motorhead like melodies and riffs with Dream Theater technicality and super cheesy keyboard leads. I mean seriously, that's some grade A class cheese, with a full side dose of more cheese. That's OK though. The vocalist, Roberto Tiranti, is seriously impressive. He has a good strong voice throughout the verses and then some of the high notes he hits are crazy. The drummer seems like he's trying to go full Mike Portnoy with the fills and odd drum rhythms. That makes sense though because it's John Macaluso, former Ark, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Jorn drummer. I really enjoyed the drum work. The guitarist is also channeling his inner Beartrucci and there's some tasty bass work in parts.

The songs all follow a similar structure. They all have a fairly high tempo (with a few exceptions) and are a good mix of progressive metal and power metal. Take On My Legacy has some seriously good guitar melodies and soloing going on. Architecture of a God is a longer piece and it has some cool (cheesy) keyboards and some fantastic singing. It could flow a little better, which would have made it one of the best songs of the round, but it does feel a touch disjointed. This album suffers from the same problem as some of the other albums this round, it overstays it's welcome, because it's after the title track that the album takes a dip in quality. The song Children isn't terrible, but it feel woefully out of place on this album. It sounds like something that belongs in a video game. Those Days doesn't really work for me. It's kind of a ballady track that feels like it was made for radio almost. The rest of the tracks are decent enough, but don't really approach the quality of the first half.

Favorite Songs - Take On My Legacy, Architecture of a God
Least Favorite - Children, Those Days

7.8/10

aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Heavenly - Dust to Dust
TAC
Power Metal
France

First Impression - Vocals don't quite do it for me.

This band seems to be fans of Bal-Sagoth, Rhapsody, and Angra. When listening to the first track on this album I thought I was in for a Rhapsody-like album, and it's not too far off. The vocals were the biggest obstacle to me enjoying this. This guys voice is a little too thin and whiny for my tastes, but I mostly got over it after a few listens. Plus his voice isn't always grating on me. He does some great vocals in the softer sections and has a few good higher register bits. The other obstacle was the overall cheese factor, but that went away once I realized they are just a power metal version of Bal-Sagoth with the technicality of Angra (almost). The quality of the songs are kind of a roller coaster ride. There's nothing outright terrible, but there are a few that don't maintain the same high quality as others. For example the first 4 proper tracks are really really good, but then Keepers of the Earth and Miracle aren't quite as good, plus Miracle is too long. Fight for deliverance is really high quality again and then the last 3 tracks just kind of fall off. So the album ends up being a victim of not knowing what to leave on the cutting room floor.

Overall the album is pretty enjoyable. With a few reworked tracks and some trimming of fat this could have easily been a 9/10 album, but you will have to settle for 8 instead. But that's better than where it started. I initially had it near the bottom of the pack after my first listen. So it did grow on me quite a bit.

Favorite songs - Lust for Life, Evil
Least Favorite - Hands of Darkness

8/10

Obscure Sphinx - Void Mother
Sacul
Atmospheric Sludge Metal
Poland

First Impression - Relaxing, Hypnotic, almost trance-like, heavy

Trying to describe this album is fairly difficult. It isn't exactly like their newest album, which I am familiar with. It has fewer post metal elements and is more straight ahead sludge metal. I guess... But it still has that great atmospheric quality to it. Which is probably what keeps it from tanking rating-wise. It definitely has that heavy Neurosis-like sludginess, but I think a closer comparison would be the band Minsk, especially the album The Crash & The Draw, or even the band Isis. The difference being a female vocalist, who by the way is awesome! She is right up there with Julie Christmas as far as female metal vocalists go. I like how her vocals complement the dark and moody atmosphere that the album brings to the table. This is highly evident in Velorio and Waiting for the Bodies Down the River Floating. This track also starts out with a cool drum and bass pattern that is hypnotic and engaging.

I think the only real issue I have with the album is it can sometimes get a little too repetitive and the songs tend to go on longer than they need to, hence the album goes on longer than it needs to. If they were to cut out a lot of the filler this album could easily be better than their newest album. By the way you get the bonus half point! :jamaritard:

Favorite Songs - Lunar Caustic, Waiting for the Bodies Down the River Floating
Least Favorite - Nasciturus

8/10 (+0.5) = 8.5/10 total

Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior
Indiscipline
Jazz Fusion
United States

First Impression - How have I not listened to this album before?

This album is something else. Probably the most technically proficient album of this round. Every one is on point from a technical stand point, but not everything really floats my boat, but I'll get to that in a moment. This is one of those albums that was always in my orbit. Between friends, various forums, websites, internet prog radio (Progulus anyone?), and the plethora of bands that I do know, I've heard mention of this album many times. I may have even heard a track or two from it years ago. Yet, for some reason, I've never given it a listen. I'm glad it was sent to me in this roulette.

Being an instrumental album, obviously you have to be technically really good at your instruments or at the very least be excellent craftsmen of melody/song structure. These guys do both, at least for the most part. The drumming, especially the thunderous opening track, is spectacular throughout. This is the type of Jazz Fusion drumming that I think everyone within this genre tries to achieve. At least it's the style I like to emulate when playing more jazz oriented stuff. The bass is groovy as hell and reminds of the more Funk inspired Blue Food album that was sent in round 1. This album also has a few Funk tendencies scattered in and it's mostly to do with the bass lines. The guitar playing really caught my attention the first time through. The whole time I kept thinking, this sounds like Al Di Meola. This was before I dug deeper in to who was involved with the album and lo and behold it is Al Di Meola! Lots of great, tasteful playing on his part. Even some great technical and flashy soloing.

Now the part of the album that bugs me is Chick Corea's keyboard/piano playing. To me, it's way too in your face and a lot of the keyboard patches sound really cheesy to me. These days I prefer keyboards to act as atmosphere or to add an ambient quality to the music. Think more Porcupine Tree style. I can stand the occasional lead run on the keyboards and I love just plain piano, but the super cheesy lead keyboard patches that show up all over the album get on my nerves after a while. I suppose this could just be a symptom of the time period. I can see where a lot of the late 80's and early 90's video games got inspiration for their music now :D Fortunately songs like The Romantic Warrior rely mostly on just pianos and it sounds really great. It lets the other instruments really shine. Like Di Meola's fantastic acoustic solo part and the thundering bass playing of Stanley Clarke, who by the way I am more than familiar with from his work with The Stanley Clarke Trio and his solo stuff.

I can definitely appreciate what everyone is doing on this album from a musician's standpoint and for the most part the song writing is really great and there are some slick melodies. It makes it pretty enjoyable.

Favorite Song - The Romantic Warrior
Least Favorite - Medieval Overture

8/10

Bill Bruford's Earthworks - A Part, and Yet Apart
Romdrums
Jazz Fusion
United Kingdom

First Impression - While very good, the drums aren't even the highlight of the album as one would imagine.

Maybe it's because a lot of the newer metal albums I've been listening to have been including Saxophone in them, but I really enjoy the sax on this album. The whole album is very well constructed and as I brought out in my first impression I do really enjoy the drumming too. This is one of those albums that I always planned on getting to eventually, but never did. Bill Bruford is one of my favorite drummers and definitely my favorite Yes and King Crimson drummer. I also enjoy his contribution to Gordian Knot and UK. This album is basically a straight ahead Jazz album, with a little fusion thrown in. Jazz is pretty easy for me too enjoy, including most of it's sub-genres, unless the music devolves in to Smooth Jazz, aka Elevator music, then it can just fock right off. But I digress. As I said the saxophone if my favorite part of this album and it kicks right off about half way through the first track, No Truce with the Furies. Parts of this song, especially the first half, has a lot of a nostalgia feel to it. It reminds me of some of the menu music from the old Gran Turismo games that I played growing up. The title track has a really cool piano and sax groove. It has a very 40's/50's lounge style to it. The rest of the album pretty much keeps similar style arrangements and because of that there really isn't any song that I dislike. I suppose that is part of the problem with the album, they don't really do anything too different. A little more variety might have been welcome, of course they could have shot themselves in the foot by doing that too. What do I know, I'm not a super successful drummer like Mr. Bruford (just a mediocre drummer for the last 20 years :P). Even with the lack of variety style wise, there's still of a lot of variety in time signatures (some really cool ones too) and tempo, so it keeps the album interesting from start to finish. Probably not something I will come back to often, but when I'm in a jazzy mood this is something I can add to my collection of awesome Jazz albums.

Favorite Songs - A Part, and Yet Apart, Sarah's Still Life
Least Favorite - none

8.5/10

Akhlys - The Dreaming I
Parama
Atmospheric Black Metal
United States

First Impression - Biggest cock blocking fadeout I've heard all year.

This has some similarities in the spacey wall of sound to Darkspace (although with cleaner, yet still dense production) and the more experimental ambiance of Blut Aus Nord. The first two songs start off so good with great atmosphere and a thunderous ferocity only to kneecap itself with that extremely ill timed and bizarrely placed fadeout at the end of Tides of Oneiric Darkness. Just when the song sounds like its going to explode in to this enormous grand finale/climax it just........fades out??!!!?? WTF?!?! The first half of the track is so impressively forceful that the fade out just kills the vibe. Perhaps the band thought that part would cause utter destruction in all listeners if they didn't fade it out. Whatever, I just wanted to hear it in all its wonderful, terrible glory. It just felt like the whole song was ramping up to that part. I feel like I'm dwelling on the negatives of this album far too much though. In reality that's about the only bad thing I have to say about it. I guess Consummation takes a liiiitle longer to get going than I would like, but the ambiance fits really well, so that isn't really a negative, and boy is it fantastic once it gets going. Speaking of the ambient sections, they are quite varied and help immensely with the mood of the album. It's dark and brooding and perhaps supposed to invoke a bit of a sense of dread or fear. Then the metal sections swoop in and kind of take your breath away with this fast, heavy, dense, crushing sound.

This album is a fantastic example of what is so great about music. The ability to draw out so many different emotions, depending on the style of music. Even though this has more of a chance of filling you with a sense of foreboding than happiness, it is still an enjoyable experience. It's definitely within the style of black metal that I enjoy the most.

Favorite Song - Consummation
Least Favorite - Tides of Oneiric Darkness

8.7/10

Monica Heldal - Boy From the North
Kattelox
Indie Folk
Norway

First Impression - 1 bad song doesn't spoil the bunch. Ethereal vocals and great production.

While this album is familiar stylistically, I haven't really heard one quite like it. The closest I could think of would be Susanne Sundfør or First Aid Kit. And yet those aren't exactly the same. Either way I really like this. It didn't exactly start out that way though. First listen I thought the first couple tracks were good, the rest were OK, with the exception of 1, which I thought was bad. I figured on it getting a 6.5 or 7. On my second listen I couldn't even remember which one I thought was bad (not sure why I didn't write that down, for future reference), which bumped the score up to about a 7.8/10. Third time through, I was sure this was the best album of the round. Go figure.

Every song here is great! I love this kind of folky, acoustic, singer/songwriter type music. Even when the music turns more Bluegrassy/country I still like it. Although those are the bits I like the least and what bring the score down a bit, with the lowest point of the album being Waiting On the Fire, mostly because of the repetitive lyrics and melodies. The first track, Boy From the North, is such a wonderful way to start the album and it may still be my favorite on the album. Although Conman Coming is pretty great too with those cool guitar licks and layering. The beginning of Fightin Son reminds me a bit of Devin Townsend's Casualties of Cool. The run of songs between Fightin Son and The Road Not Taken is fantastic, with lots of lyrics that I really like. I think the big thing that really draws me in to this album is her voice and the conviction and feeling she has while singing.

Overall this album is a huge departure from the last one you sent, but just about as good. Plus it restored my faith in acoustic folky music after the relative disaster that was Shallow Grave. Everything bad about that album was 1000% better here and everything good about that album was only made stronger on this one because of a much better singer and much better production. I almost want to give this a higher score, but you'll have to be content with a 9. :D

Favorite Songs - Boy From the North
Least Favorite - Waiting On the Fire

9/10

:corn Scores:

Kattelox - 9, 9 = 18
Parama - 9.1, 8.7 = 17.8
Sacul - 8.5, 8.5 = 17
Ariich - 9.5, 7 = 16.5
Romdrums - 7.7, 8.5 = 16.2
Evermind - 8.2, 7.5 = 15.7
TAC - 7.6, 8 = 15.6
Indiscipline - 7.5, 8 = 15.5
Elite - 7.8, 7.4 = 15.2
Lethean - 6.8, 7.8 = 14.6
Jingle - 8.3, 6 = 14.3
Stadler - 6.4, 7 = 13.4

Let me know if I made any mistakes in the scoring
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
second place and second place, yeah  :metal
knew you'd dig that one though
it's kinda like... you're travelling through space and you come across these horrible planets but you don't see quite the entire thing before your spaceship passes them by and leaves you only with the void. or something.

already sent round 3 a while back, ready to tank my score by not going brutally heavy this time

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
I can see that Akhlys album growing over time too.  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i went on rym and went "did i really score it that high" and then listened to it again and was like "oh, yeah, that's why"

also i forgot to ask does my round 3 album qualify for the bonus point thing

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What's the bonus point thing?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wonderful that you like that album so much, Pup. We're pretty much on the same page there right down to the favorite/least favorite tracks. Guess my decision to go 'genre whiplash' was a good strategy after all  :lol

Will try to send mine tomorrow evening, I'm still deciding what to go with.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I understand the comments on Dust To Dust. The first few tracks definitely come on like gangbusters, and then it settles in. Still I love that album.

Sent for the next round.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Ah, what-are-ya-gonna-do?  Different strokes for different folks.

I guess the comment regarding 'Cloudscape dilemma' means that Cloudscape is a no-go (despite not being on the banned list)?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #434 on: October 24, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to tell Jingle his album sucks without hurting his feelings too badly :biggrin: Then I will post results.

When did I become the punching bag for this roulette.  @WhatsUpWithThat

Not to worry.... I'm pretty much feeling nothing with this roulette.  :neverusethis:

Sent.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

I'm glad Labyrinth did as well as it did.  :)  I actually don't find it to be all that cheesy, but if you did and still liked it anyway, good enough for me. :)  And yes, Roberto Tiranti is fantastic.

Now, what can I send for round 3 that isn't banned...

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

also i forgot to ask does my round 3 album qualify for the bonus point thing
Yes it does.

What's the bonus point thing?
The rules for bonus points are outlined in the beginning of the second post of this thread.

When did I become the punching bag for this roulette.  @WhatsUpWithThat

Not to worry.... I'm pretty much feeling nothing with this roulette.  :neverusethis:

Sent.
:vomitard:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Good People, Lend Me Your Round 3 Albums)
« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »
Very pleased you enjoyed that! I admit Chick being Chick can be a handful.

A couple of questions, if I may:

I gather you're a drummer? How do you feel about "foreign" language songs?

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2018, 02:17:49 AM »
Very pleased you enjoyed that! I admit Chick being Chick can be a handful.

A couple of questions, if I may:

I gather you're a drummer? How do you feel about "foreign" language songs?
I'm fine with foreign languages as long as the focus of the music isn't entirely on the lyrics. One of my favorite albums of all time (Verisakeet by Moonsorrow) is entirely in Finnish and I don't understand a word of it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2018, 02:31:25 AM »
Kiitos!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #440 on: October 25, 2018, 07:39:50 AM »
Round 3 submission sent.  Glad you dug the Bruford record! 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Your math appears to be fine, but there are LOTS of mistakes with that scoring.   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2018, 07:55:27 AM »
 :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Your math appears to be fine, but there are LOTS of mistakes with that scoring.   :lol

I disagree :neverusethis:

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

:lol You have plenty of time to make a turn around

Meanwhile, TAC just sent me some Parama-core.... ??? At least I'm assuming it's Parama-core based on the genre given by RYM
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »
All this wait for 7.5? I quit. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
TAC, tell me what you sent, I won't guess it in hangmemes  :corn

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:12 AM »

He sent Parama-core.  Weren't you paying attention?  :D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »
Yeah and I'm curious what  :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »

PM sent.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
he sent six roaming owls - the apologhirsch effekt: remedy good apolllo

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2018, 10:43:45 AM »
yeah that ain't paramacore tbh  :metal
honestly I've been listening to less and less stuff in that specific genre recently & think i listened too & didn't like that specific album earlier this year

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #452 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »
Sent the best improvised album ever

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #453 on: October 25, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »
Which one? Which ONE?    I have two possibles, and usually I just send, but this one is killing me.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »
Send the one with the best cover art