Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 113178 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Still Listening to the Prelims)
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2018, 05:32:17 PM »
I sent my album like 2 weeks ago and hangmemes ended a week ago I think we're all just bored now :P

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2018, 05:56:41 PM »
I get it, and that's why I'm going to start posting write ups today. Even if it kills me  :D
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »
I'll kill you if you don't so :neverusethis:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »
There you go threatening roulette hosts again  :flame: :deadhorse:

:loser:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Prelim Results Part 1!)
« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2018, 07:39:35 PM »
where they at tho
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2018, 07:52:03 PM »
Are you ready? :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn ????

PRELIM ROUND RESULTS part 1!

Trail of Murder - Shades of Art
Evermind
Heavy Metal
Sweden

First Impression - Reminds me at times of WASP and Def Leppard if they merged and then parodied themselves with modern production and styles.

So let me try to explain my first impression, because by now I'm sure all of you (especially Evermind) are thinking "WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!?!" So, growing up in the late 80's/early 90's I listened to a lot of the early heavy metal bands like the 2 aforementioned here (WASP and Def Leppard (and really I only mean Def Leppards first 2 albums)) because that's what my parents were listening to a lot (along with country music, which I really can't explain, how do you go from listening to something like WASP to listening to Brooks & Dunn and enjoy both equally, whatever, I digress). I also heard lots of Scorpions, early Journey, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, etc, but that's beside the point. My point is there are lots of little things here that remind me of those early 80's metal bands (especially WASP) and Def Leppard (which I know is debatable if their early albums were metal). There are certain songs where the vocals remind me of Blackie Lawless. Something in the cadence or phrasing, it's hard to explain. Then there's the gang vocal choruses all over the album that really remind me of Def Leppard, along with a lot of the guitar riffs (maybe in the way they let some of the riffs ring out) and solos. I was also thinking it sounded a bit like Tad Morose, but then I realized that the vocalist here (Urban Breed) was also the vocalist in Tad Morose for 10 years. So that at least makes some sense, even it the WASP and Def Leppard comparisons don't.

For the most part the album is very mid tempo and doesn't really deviate from that and for the most part it works through super strong song writing, excellent vocals that make you want to sing along, and awesome riffs and solos. The only real weak songs here would be Your Silence and My Heart Still Cries. The rest are all solid to awesome, head bang worthy tunes.  :metal The only reason it's not getting a higher score is because there could have been a little more variety and tempo changes throughout. Otherwise, great submission here.

Favorite songs - Shades of Art, Mab
Least favorite - Your Silence, My Heart Still Cries

8.2/10

Dreamgrave - Presentiment
Elite

Progressive Death Metal
Hungary

First Impression - Wasn't sure what to expect here, but it got better and better as the album went on. Good mix of moods.

I was quite intrigued by how you described the band in the PM you sent me originally. You said they had the "right amounts of heavy, intense and beautiful at the same time." I think this describes them pretty well for the most part. These guys are definitely doing their own thing, but drawing from a lot of inspiration from other bands. There are times that remind me of Between the Buried and Me, Persefone, Wilderun, Opeth, and even bits that are similar to the band Lor that TAC sent in my last roulette.

I like the intensity that they use throughout, mostly because it's woven in nicely with bits of more melodic and lighter passages. The female vocals interspersed really help to balance out the album for the most part. This is all presented well on the opening two tracks, Ethereal Eternity with flows perfectly in to Black Spiral. I also like the little bits of orchestral instruments that are strewn about, they give the heavier parts a quality of beauty that blends nicely. It gives it a bit of a gothic/doomy vibe at occasionally. The keyboards and guitar solos makes sure you know that this is a prog metal album and for the most part they don't just feel like they are tacked on for the sake of have technical instrumentation. Their use in the song Memento Mori is pretty slick, which then goes in to a nice atmospheric piano bit with accompanying bass. It all flows well. It doesn't seem stitched together.

Where it starts to fall apart a bit is starting with Presentiment Part II they seem to have run out of ideas and the last three tracks, especially the last track, just kind of drag on way too long without much going on. Also, the harsh vocals used aren't the best or most diverse, but neither do they detract from the awesome music on display. Overall it's a pretty good album and a really good first album for this band. They are a band to watch in the future. :tup

Favorite tracks - Black Spiral, Memento Mori
Least favorite - It's Ubiquitous, Presentiment Pt 2

7.8/10

Voyager - V
Lethean

Progressive Metal
Australia

(bonus point band)

First Impression - I like this for the most part, but some of the more Djenty parts kind of fall flat for me.

This is one of the albums with a potential bonus point. I had previously only heard and rated Voyager's newest album, Ghost Mile. I gave that one a 7.6/10 rounded up to an 8. So how did you do? Time to get excited......?....

This album starts out with one of my favorite songs of the round, Hyperventilating. It's the perfect blend of heavy prog metal, with great melodies, cool sing-a-long chorus, with good vocals and neat guitar riffs and solos. The rest of the album never quite hit me the same way as that song did. After repeated listens I was able to appreciate most of the other songs for what they are, but I always came back to that first song and loved it. The closest song to it in terms of quality would be The Morning Light, which has a very epic feel to it. I really love the almost too cheesy synths with the 80's synth drum sound in the intro. The guitar solo in this song reminds me of something, but I just cant finger out what it is. Orpheus is another good song with more of the almost too cheesy synths, which then combine in to this super cool lead run with the guitars that remind me of the band Darkest Hour's lead guitars in some of their songs.

On the other side of the coin, I do take issue with the harsh vocals that show up occasionally. To me, they don't belong and detract more than anything. The aforementioned Orpheus and The Morning Light, would both rival Hyperventilating for favorite song if it weren't for the harsh vocals throwing off the groove and just sounding out of place to me. There are also the djenty parts that, while admittedly few and far between, fall flat and don't really add anything. Then there's songs like Embrace the Limitless, which feels out of place on the album and has a weird pointless fadeout at the end (by the way, I hate fadeouts almost 100% of the time), and The Domination Game, which has some cools riffs, but the vocal effects used in parts make me go :huh:

So overall, you just missed out of the bonus half point when it's all said and done. So -1 for you. It really is a good album though, so don't feel too bad, you are on the right track. I hate to give you the -1, but thems the rules.... :biggrin:

Favorite Songs - Hyperventilating, The Morning Light
Least Favorite - Embrace the Limitless

7.8/10 (-1) = 6.8/10 final score

Venetian Snares - Rossz csillag alatt született
Romdrums

Breakcore
Canada

First Impression - This is a lot to take in, but there's a lot to like here.

Boy was this album a hell of a thing. Quite unlike anything else that was sent so far. After the first listen I wasn't really sure how to process it. There is so much going on (both good and bad). Your brief description of it in the PM you sent is pretty spot on. I do enjoy the blend of strings and piano with the break beats, the way it's blended is almost like it was meant to be together......most of the time. There's some cool chillwave type stuff in here too, like in Öngyilkos vasárnap. It helps keep the album diverse and interesting. There's some really cool drum patterns and drum breaks, like the ascending and descending drum breaks in Szerencsétlen. Those are really cool sounding. The sparse vocals, whether sung or spoken word, work really well for me too. I found them intriguing and helped add another layer to the music. Felbomlasztott mentőkocsi caught me a little off guard because I thought I somehow switched over to the Divinity Original Sin soundtrack. It sounds like it belongs in that game. It's a really cool track with those haunting strings played throughout. There are so many beautiful parts all over the album, but there are also parts of certain tracks that seem to only be there to see how much they can annoy and irritate you. Like a couple parts in Második galamb where it goes almost full 'washing machine having sex with a dryer' dubstep towards the end, it really ruins the song, which had a really cool first half.  Those bits drag the album down quite a bit for me. If those parts had been omitted or even toned down or made more melodic this album would be pushing a 9/10.

Favorite songs - Szerencsétlen, Felbomlasztott mentőkocsi, Hajnal
Least favorite - Második galamb (mostly because of the robot grinding)

7.7/10

So there you have Part 1, tune in tomorrow for Part 2.

By the way, everyone in this batch (Evermind, Elite, Lethean, Romdrums) is safe from elimination, so you are free to send for round 2.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »
these are the top 4? nice  :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
if that's the top 4 then I feel sorry for whoever is at the bottom since there's a 6.8 in this batch
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »
And as a side note, there are 5 of you that will have higher than an 8.2 score and 5 that will be lower than 7.7 for the remainder of the results.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: October 11, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »
oh I'm totally in the under category

be merciless, my friend

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »
lower than 7.7  :metal

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »
But Your Silence is my second favourite song on that album! :lol

At least I'm in the middle of the pack so that's alright.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2018, 01:48:31 AM »
The sands of time for me are running low

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
:corn

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Prelim Results Part 2!)
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »
:vomitard:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2018, 03:31:40 PM »
:tup glad you liked it!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?

• DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Prelim Results Part 2 Soon-ish!)
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Ended up working later than anticipated today. Will be posting results part 2 later. Probably in the next 2-3 hours.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Prelim Results Part 2 Ominously Looming!)
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
Part 2 of results are coming very very :soon:

Stay tuned! :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Prelim Results Part 2 They're Here!!!!)
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »

Prelim Round Results part 2!

Alithia - To the Edge of Time
Kattelox

Progressive Rock
Australia

First Impression - This is going to take more listens to unravel fully

This took a long time to wrap my head around. There's a lot of different styles going in to this. I'm still not 100% sure on the rating here. I almost feel like I should be giving it a higher score, but there's a complexity to it that I feel is going to take many more listens than this roulette will allow to fully unravel it. Let me try to explain my thoughts.

The first track opens with a really cool ambient intro that gives way to a very Riverside-esque section that is open and mellow with fantastic lead guitars and light airy keyboards. This song is just so immense. Then the vocals come in and are very un-Riverside-like. They remind me of the band Klimt 1918. Actually most of the album reminds me of a more complex and progressive Klimt 1918. This track is an amazing way to start an album, showcasing everything that they are about. They go through so many different genres and make it flow perfectly; Post Rock, Ambient, Prog Rock, Indie Rock, Dream Pop, a little metal here and there. I think the one thing that really grabbed me was the drummer (I'm a drummer so why wouldn't it), they are fairly unique and add a lot of flavor to the album as a whole. They are complex when they need to be and get more relaxed and settle in to a nice backseat groove when they need to. The whole album kind of follows the mold of the first track, but with new little additions or twists. Like in Sacrifice, the spoken word/rapped? part that leads in to that distant scream is just chill inducing. These little additions to a model that works keep the album fresh all the way through without feeling like an everything but the kitchen sink kind of album. That guitar solo at the end of Tribulations Rise! Oh my! Then they even throw in a little Post Hardcore in a few places.

I think you said it was Jingle that sent this album to you in your roulette (I'm too lazy to look). If so props to him! I almost feel like giving him a bonus point for this. But then again, he decided not to send it to me, too bad for him. There wasn't anything on this album that I disliked. Maybe a couple of the time signature changes were slightly disjointed, if I'm being nit picky... This album is a real tour de force! And I'm sure it's only going to get better with time.

Favorite songs - Thirteen Revelations
Least favorite - cant really pick one......gun to head and I had to pick one? Here I Am....I guess, even though I think it bridges the 2 tracks around it quite well.

9/10

Snarky Puppy - We Like It Here
Sacul

Jazz Fusion
United States

First Impression - This was a super fun listen, but it loses a little steam near the end.

This was the second Jazzy album that was sent so far. I actually don't have a ton to say about this album. It was really just super fun to listen to. Everyone involved with this project is a very talented musician. It's fun to focus on 1 or 2 at a time and really listen to what they are doing. Everyone has something interesting going on instrumentally. Then when you add horns in to music like this it just brings it to a whole new level. The horns might be the best part of this. Or maybe the percussion. Or the bass player? AH they are all so good! Hard to decide. The fact that the album loses a bit of steam near the end (mostly just the last track) is really the only knock on it. No vocals to criticize here, like pretty much every other album I've done a write up for so far this roulette. But that might be the other knock on it. I have a hard time rating instrumental albums much higher than this....

Favorite songs - Shofukan, What About Me?
Least favorite - Lingus

8.5/10

Eagleheart - Reverse
Jingle

Power Metal
Czech Republic

First Impression - Has most of the elements of Power Metal that make it enjoyable

That intro track did not prepare me for what was to come, but it does flow nicely in to the first proper song with a sick double bass drum part and epic guitar riff. What a great way to start the album. It has a lot of what I'm looking for in power metal. Fantastic melodies, killer riffs, a solid rhythm section to hold it all together, and soaring vocals (in that order). Melody and awesome riffs are most important to me in Power Metal. This has both. The title track Reverse is another track that showcases all of this as well. Maybe to an even greater extent. They even do some cool vocal things throughout and these are probably the best on the whole album.

Speaking of vocals though, they are inconsistent at times and I don't particularly like the singers tone sometimes, but he is technically skilled and some of the high notes he hits are ridiculous. I mean you cant have power metal without some 'balls in a vice' high notes (ie All I Am). The occasional harsh vocals that show up were a bit surprising and similar to the Voyager album don't really fit to me. I was also surprised an album you sent had any harsh vocals at all. The fast drumming and blazing guitar solos more than make up for any tiny quibbles I have with the vocals. The other thing that's super enjoyable and keeps the album interesting is the variety of riffs used. Each song has it's own identity riff-wise, even though most songs follow a similar blueprint. Basically all the riffs here are head bang worthy. I also like that the keyboards aren't super in your face and work almost like a back drop to provide more depth to the music. The violin that showed up in Erased from Existence was a cool addition.

I really think you are hitting your stride in regards to knowing my music tastes. Maybe it will bring you a roulette win this time........who knows? I'm sure TAC would say 'don't count on it'.

Favorite Songs - Healing the Scars, Reverse
Least Favorite - If I had to pick, maybe Mind to Decipher or Endless

8.3/10

Hyperomm - From Nothing to Eternity
TAC

Melodic Death Metal
Russia

First Impression - This band takes a lot of inspiration from the original Melodic Death Metal bands, but adds their own twists and flair.

Really embracing the harsh vocals lately, eh? This is very much rooted in the early MeloDeath style, similar to early Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, and At the Gates. Basically the pioneers of Melodic Death Metal. Where this differentiates itself is in the use and deployment of keyboards. They are very out front and at times leading the charge. There's even some unison runs with the lead guitars that sound really cool. It gives the old school Melodeath a bit of a fresh perspective and life, as well as some atmosphere. The Melodeath purists would probably say it's terrible, but I really like it. It also helps that the majority of the riffs are really solid. That riff in Invictus is super heavy and brutal and just plain awesome. This song just makes you want to bang your head all the way through.

In doing research on this band (as I do all bands that are sent to me) I noticed this is all just one guy. I always find it fascinating how these guys can write, play, and record all these instruments by themselves. And this guy is younger than I am. Makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life. All I can do is play the drums.....and the bass....sort of...Anyway, guys like this are impressive.

What brought the score down is the vocals mostly. It's very much rooted in the early Melodeath sound, to a fault. This guy doesn't have the most enjoyable screams. Also the album loses a bit of steam near the end and When Rising from the Bed of Death isn't the greatest track.

Favorite Songs - A Great Hope Fell, Invictus
Least Favorite - When Rising from the Bed of Death

7.6/10

The Derek Trucks Band - The Derek Trucks Band
Indiscipline

Jazz Rock
United States

First Impression - Some impressive stuff, seems to get a little samey in the second half though.

Indiscipline, I seriously thought you were trolling me with this album when I first hit play. I was thinking, "this is your first time participating in one of my roulette's and you are trolling me in the first round with Harsh Noise? Didn't I band Merzbow?" Here's what happened. I loaded up the copy of the album that's on Google Play Music and it was just this distorted wall of noise. At first I thought maybe the band was only doing this for the first track, since it was only 35 seconds long, but then the next track was more of the same. I quickly sampled every track and the were all the same......Turns out the copy that is on Google Play Music is corrupted. I quickly sourced the album elsewhere.

The first of 3 Jazzy albums that were sent to me in this round. This is the one I enjoyed the least, but that isn't to say it's a bad album. I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Mostly the first half and then Evil Clown. The first 3 proper tracks (Mr. PC, 555 Lake, D Minor Blues) help set the tone perfectly and are all stellar tracks! 555 Lake made me wish there were more vocals throughout the album. Which was part of the issue I had with the second half of the album. I felt they weren't doing enough instrumentally towards the end to keep my interest. They could have done more to add more variety. I think once I get to Naima, I feel like I've already heard all this before earlier in the album and better.

There are some really cool Jam sections spread (there were times it reminded me of some of Dave Mathews Band live jam sections) around the album and Derek Trucks is a gifted guitarist, and he's only 17 here. I mean he's no Stevie Ray Vaughan or anything, but still good. Actually everyone on this album plays their instrument of choice very well. I really like the recurring guitar groove in Evil Clown for some reason. It's such a simple groove, but it always gets stuck in my head.

Overall this album is enjoyable to a point. It just lacks variety in the second half.

Favorite Songs - Mr. PC, 555 Lake, Evil Clown
Least Favorite - Naima, So What

7.5/10

Band of Horses - Why Are You OK
Stadler

Indie Rock
United States

(bonus point band)

First Impression - Pretty much what I expected from this band

Some random thoughts that went through my head while listening to this: Beautiful/relaxing, sounds like the Beatles, now it sounds like the Beach Boys, poppy (in a good), HEY! it's J Mascis, kind of inconsistent, mellow.

That first track is so good. I think I may be my favorite on the album, so it's only downhill from here :D . The song Hag has an awesome melody, as do most of the songs here. There is quite a bit of variety for an Indie rock band. They throw in lots of elements of Folk and country, especially in the second half of the album. I like a lot of the Beatles-esque and Beach Boy-like sounds, even though some of those songs have some annoying bits in them too. Thought it was cool they got J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr as a guest vocalist. The album ends on a somber note with Even Still. It's a pretty good low-key song.

Overall the album didn't wow me and I feel it's not quite as good as the other Band of Horses album I've heard (Cease to Begin), but there's still some strong stuff here and some songs that I will definitely revisit. The album actually started out with a much lower rating after my first couple listens. So it's definitely a grower and may get better after more listens in the future.

Favorite songs - Dull Times/The Moon, Hag
Least favorite - Whatever Whenever, Throw My Mess

7.4/10 (-1) = 6.4/10 final score
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »

Wow. Truly expected to come in last. I have no idea what to send next. Glad you liked it!  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Is that Jingle uppercutting that poor dinosaur/godzilla/lizardthing because he's mad he didn't send that album now?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:01:06 PM by Puppies_On_Acid »
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:30 PM »
Is that Jingle uppercutting that poor dinosaur/godzilla/lizardthing because he's mad he didn't sent that album now?

:lol That's me punching my way to the top straight out the gate!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Some Snippets for your viewing pleasure)
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »
Shadow Ninja: The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave
Ariich: Blue Food - Engines
Parama: Mithras - On Strange Loops
LordCost: Cardiacs - On Land and in the Sea

- Serious <insert artist here> vibes here, which isn't exactly a good thing. The production and vocals are fairly bad in places.
- Most songs here got a HOLY CRAP reaction from me. A couple got a meh..... Needs more listens to digest in full.
- That's a sweet guitar tone. Impressive.
- Not sure how to classify this or how to feel about it. Needs more listens for sure.

guessing the top 2 and bottom 2 are what are left, just based on the impressions
based on the writeup for derek trucks, also, ariich is in the top 2  :lol
honestly i'd not be super shocked if the top 2 was me and ariich because tallest man on earth & cardiacs both seem like "not stuff puppies would like" and i base that on the fact that i don't like either of them at all myself  :P

if i had to guess:

Shadow Ninja: The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave
- Serious <insert artist here> vibes here, which isn't exactly a good thing. The production and vocals are fairly bad in places.

Ariich: Blue Food - Engines
- Most songs here got a HOLY CRAP reaction from me. A couple got a meh..... Needs more listens to digest in full.

Parama: Mithras - On Strange Loops
- That's a sweet guitar tone. Impressive.

LordCost: Cardiacs - On Land and in the Sea
- Not sure how to classify this or how to feel about it. Needs more listens for sure.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:07:57 PM by Parama »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
Well seems I may finally have a chance on this roulette  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2018, 11:23:49 PM »
Everyone in the latest batch of writeups is also safe and free to send for round 2  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2018, 11:26:45 PM »
BLOOD
DEATH
SORROW
Something something a-aaaah

That Eagleheart song is great.

My goal in this roulette is to end up higher than Chad.

Offline LordCost

« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2018, 01:40:32 AM »
I did not expect a part 3 of results, for a moment I thought you had forgot my album  :lol
My snippet could be the 4th one like Parama said, but also the one with HOLY CRAP in it has some little chances. But I can't figure out which songs could have left a meh reaction.

I did not get On Land And In The Sea at first listen so I still have hope for this round. I'm prepared for any score from 9.5 (which is still missing from the first two batches of results) to 5 honestly.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »
On Land and in the Sea is amazing though. I would give it at least a 9 :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2018, 02:30:24 AM »
Trolling, moi? I'm the guy who sent Matilda in Chad's roulette with serious ambitions of top marks ...  :lol

Glad to have survived, fair judgement, and better score than I expected.

Now I'm going to look for a grindcore tune sounding like Barry Manilow once corrupted through google play.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2018, 02:33:20 AM »
All I can do is play the drums.....and the bass.

Didn't I band Merzbow?

I mean, that's already an impressive achievement.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2018, 04:23:46 AM »
@ Ev ...  Love, Hate, Sorrow ... OVERSHADOWING LIIIIIIIEEEEESSS!!!!!

@ Pups... I did send Alithia to Katt, but it was post-roulette.  I also sent it to ariich in his last roulette.  As I said, I'll claim moral victory on that - as I don't think I would've ever thought to send that album to you.  It's weird that I really like that album, because it is SOOOOO far inside the box that I would normally hate.

Fair comment regarding the vocals on Eagleheart.  Don't go back to their debut album before they hired a dedicated lead singer... THAT vocal performance is horrible.

My goal is to finish ahead of TAC  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »
Sent something that I don't think anyone would think I'd send.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2018, 10:11:22 AM »
I did not expect a part 3 of results, for a moment I thought you had forgot my album  :lol

Oh trust me, I could never forget this album. Whether that's good or bad? You'll have to wait and see later today.  :biggrin:

Trolling, moi? I'm the guy who sent Matilda in Chad's roulette with serious ambitions of top marks ...  :lol

Glad to have survived, fair judgement, and better score than I expected.

Now I'm going to look for a grindcore tune sounding like Barry Manilow once corrupted through google play.
It was the weirdest thing. I'd never come across an album that was corrupted like that on Google Music before. I sent an email to Google regarding it and they thanked me for bringing it to their attention.....I'm thinking, did nobody listen to this album over the last several years on Google Music? How did nobody notice this before?

@ Pups... I did send Alithia to Katt, but it was post-roulette.  I also sent it to ariich in his last roulette.  As I said, I'll claim moral victory on that - as I don't think I would've ever thought to send that album to you.  It's weird that I really like that album, because it is SOOOOO far inside the box that I would normally hate.

Fair comment regarding the vocals on Eagleheart.  Don't go back to their debut album before they hired a dedicated lead singer... THAT vocal performance is horrible.

My goal is to finish ahead of TAC  :biggrin:
I too thought it was weird that you like that album so much. It is a bit outside your wheelhouse. As far as Eagleheart goes, the vocals were really a mixed bag, but mostly good. I did briefly sample their first album, which I immediately turned off after the vocals came in.....good thing you didn't send that. You'd be getting a one way ticket out.  :lol

And so far you are ahead of TAC  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2018, 10:13:22 AM »
:corn :corn :corn

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.