Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 113192 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 8 Results part 1 aka crying to music)
« Reply #1540 on: January 10, 2019, 10:59:39 PM »
Also Andromeda is wwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than Eyefear.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1541 on: January 10, 2019, 11:14:13 PM »
Also Andromeda is wwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than Eyefear.
Yeah, too bad they're on my banned list. I would love to discover some of the bands I love for the first time again.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1542 on: January 10, 2019, 11:24:42 PM »
Believe me, I know full well that they're banned. :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1543 on: January 10, 2019, 11:27:55 PM »
again i must apologize about your headspace

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1544 on: January 11, 2019, 12:04:39 AM »
That's Ok.  I should have thought about it and sent it at the beginning of the roulette.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1545 on: January 11, 2019, 04:45:25 AM »
Glad you liked it.  I'm gonna share your writeup with Jeff and Sarah.  Their somewhat friends of DTF (Nick is friends with them, and actually was the drummer in their band prior to becoming Mindmaze).  It's criminal how underexposed they are.  Surprised about the drum comments, as I don't hear any of that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1546 on: January 11, 2019, 06:24:03 AM »
Jeez, a 9.9!? That must be good then. I might have a listen later.

Also, I think a. 8.0 is about right for Deathwhite myself. It's funny how this is the second thing I've sent that you compared to Katatonia (the first one being Foscor more than two months ago), even though I'm not too fond of that band myself. I think though, that if this was an 8.0, the Foscor album should have been way higher than what it got, but I think that's just me :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1547 on: January 11, 2019, 08:20:13 AM »
Jeez, a 9.9!? That must be good then. I might have a listen later.

Also, I think a. 8.0 is about right for Deathwhite myself. It's funny how this is the second thing I've sent that you compared to Katatonia (the first one being Foscor more than two months ago), even though I'm not too fond of that band myself. I think though, that if this was an 8.0, the Foscor album should have been way higher than what it got, but I think that's just me :biggrin:
I can score Deathwhite lower if you'd like  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1548 on: January 11, 2019, 10:26:16 AM »
I listened to that The Reticent album today and I thought it was good, to really good at times, but I heard so mich other stuff in there that I hardly found it very original. The Opeth influence was especially obvious, with the singer sounding very much like him at times, both in his clean voice (seriously, some of those vocal lines were delivered exactly how Åkerfeldt does them in Opeth, decorations and all) and in his growly voice.

Based on your write-up, I looked forward to Funeral for a Firefly and the first half was incredibly touching and moving indeed, but the second half was a disaster. The last two tracks closed the album in a not too exciting way to me as well.

Overall, after one listen (bear that in mind) I thought it was intriguing and good, but far from the high score you gave it. Then again, there’s only about 3-5 albums I have ever heard that I would consider giving a 9.9/10, so maybe we don’t score stuff the same way.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1549 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:15 AM »
As I said previously, it might have a lot to do with my emotional connection to the album. It just hit me in such a way that it would have felt unjustified for me not to give it that score. Is it really that close to a 10/10 album? Maybe not, but to me, just how it moved me, it's close.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1550 on: January 11, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
Hey Pup, glad you liked the album. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

It's a really cool album. Very deep. I believe it's actually based on a true stroy that the writer personally knew. Obviously I wasn't expecting a score that high.

I was worried because I have safely sent harsh vocals for most of this roulette.
I think this might be the first clean vocal album I sent. I had no idea how it would be received. I've had this album kicking around in my Spotify Library for a couple of years.It's pretty chill so I'll usually put it on during a Sox game.

Anyway, I sent you the Greatest Hits album when you asked us to lock in the artists for that and the Concept Album round. Let me know if you need me to resend it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1551 on: January 11, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »

Anyway, I sent you the Greatest Hits album when you asked us to lock in the artists for that and the Concept Album round. Let me know if you need me to resend it.
I'm pretty sure I still have the PM's for those.

By the way, just as a reminder, the rest of the write ups for round 8 will be up later tonight. In the mean time, those of you who haven't done so already, go ahead and send for the Greatest Hits round. I'd like to get all of those in by Saturday evening/Sunday Morning. I'll be doing something a little different with the Hangmanen.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1552 on: January 11, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
It was a fun roulette and I'm happy you found at least a few albums you loved from my collection :hug:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1553 on: January 11, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »
I listened to that The Reticent album today ...

Overall, after one listen (bear that in mind) I thought it was intriguing and good, but far from the high score you gave it.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1554 on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »
It was a fun roulette and I'm happy you found at least a few albums you loved from my collection :hug:
Don't forget you are still in this for at least the Greatest Hits round. You still have a chance to make it to the final round, as long as some other people bomb this next round  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1555 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »
Oh fudge. I forgot the GH is before cutoffs. I better pick songs...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1556 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »
 :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1557 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »
:soon:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 8 Results part 2 aka music nostalgia)
« Reply #1558 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
:soon:  >:(

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1561 on: January 11, 2019, 11:15:39 PM »
Round 8 Results part 2 Getting Nostalgic

The Antlers - Hospice
Parama
Indie Rock
United States

(bonus point band)

First Impression - Occasionally lyrics and music come together just right.

The first two tracks here were a promising start, but the album falls almost completely flat for me until I get to the last two tracks.

The intro track and Kettering were both so beautiful, with some heart wrenching lyrics. I can forgive some of the vocal problems I hear because the lyrics are so good and the music fits so well. Sylvia is where I start to lose interest in the album. It's actually an OK song, but I was expecting so much more from this album. It's also from this point on where I lose any emotional connection to the lyrics. Atrophy is too long and the noise section just makes me want to skip the song. Bear makes no sense from a lyrical standpoint, although the vocal melodies are fine and so is the music. Thirteen is skippable. Two is going to be moshed to if I ever see The Antlers at a show. Mostly because I don't get it. There is just no emotional connection to the story or the music. How the music, vocals, and lyrics fit so well together on Kettering is not found anywhere else on this album. It's quite aggravating for me. I'd seen this album hyped up by many people that I share a lot in common with musically, how it was heart wrenching emotional journey. This is just.....there....A few good tracks drowning in a sea of mediocrity. Wake is another of the good tracks. Well, I should say, better than the previous handful. It's too long and the lyrics are nonsensical for the most part. Epilogue is possibly the best track here, with the exception of maybe Kettering. It has that emotional connection that I was expecting for the whole album, even though the lyrics are still a little bizarre. The simple acoustic guitar works here.

This was a grand disappointment. Sorry. I was expecting something else completely. Perhaps I just don't get it. Perhaps I'm missing the point of the lyrics. Perhaps I'm just crazy. Although this still doesn't hit me nearly as hard as I thought it would. I saw Soundscape mentioned on RYM that he hears similarities to Jeff Buckley.......with the exception of the last track in like one spot, that's a big nope. I also still prefer this bands Burst Apart album.

5.8/10 - (1) = 4.8/10

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Romdrums
Downtempo Trip Hop
United Kingdom

First Impression - Sinister, brooding, beautiful, atmospheric, bold.

This album went about how I expected it to, based on the song from it that was sent in my last roulette. I think I would have to be in a very specific mood to thoroughly enjoy this. It doesn't really hit any of my enjoyment buttons fully.

The first song is, as my first impression points out, a darker toned brooding atmospheric track that I actually grew to enjoy more and more each time I listened to it. From then on out I feel like the album is a bit inconsistent. Risingson has a cool groove, but I don't particularly like the vocals and it doesn't maintain any of the same thick atmosphere as the first song. The exception being the cool transitions between each vocalists parts. The song overstays it's welcome to my ears, which is pretty hard for a less than 5 minute song. Teardrop was the song I got last roulette. In the context of the album I actually like it quite a bit more. The vocals are still super smooth to me and the song is super chill. Much better atmosphere than the last track. My enjoyment drops again with the next 2 tracks, Inertia Creeps and Exchange. The former not doing much and going on for a bit too long. And again I don't really like the vocals on this one either. I like the beginning of Exchange. The opening melody is pretty cool, but it's ruined a bit by the rhythm section that comes in. I feel it doesn't fit. Dissolved Girl is another highlight for me. Great vocals and melodies. The vocals to Man Next Door cracked me up until I looked up the lyrics. There's a line in there that sounds like he's saying "Always a fussy fart." Apparently that isn't the line. Either way the vocals are distracting on this track and I cant really get in to it, even though the groove and atmosphere is pretty cool. Black Milk picks up the album again with another infectious groove and lovely vocals, but is over long. The rest of the tracks are very meh to me.

As you can see this album is pretty much a roller coaster ride, with constant peaks and low valleys. The best tracks here being Angel, Teardrop, and Dissolved Girl. The rest can take a hike for the most part. This would be a great album to put on in the background to just lounge and relax to, but active listening not so much.

7/10

Public Service Broadcasting - Every Valley
Ariich
Story-Time Electronica Post-Rock?
United Kingdom

First Impression - Reminds me a bit of Hibernal only the music is more diverse.

This is a tough one to review/rate/write-up. The music is pretty much brilliantly beautiful throughout. I like the use of spoken word clips mixed with a bit of sung vocals here and there. There are quite a few changing dynamics throughout the album as well. I love the use of orchestral music, post-rock, electronica, ambient, classic prog, and lots of other genres. The problem lies in the story itself, but I'll get to that in a minute.

The first track is fantastic, as is the second. The latter having some great post-rock passages mixed with some brass instruments. People Will Always Need Coal starts off really cool, but it's here that you realize that this album is really just about mining coal and how it will lead humanity in to the future. It sounds like a propaganda album. Maybe that's the point. Maybe it's a metaphor. I'm not sure what it would be a metaphor for, but I digress. The rest of the album follows a similar pattern, although they mix it up on each song so it never becomes repetitive musically. Progress starts off sounding a little like an 80's pop rock song, but quickly switches to a more shoe gazey post rock track. You + Me stands out because you have the vocals sung in two different languages. I quite enjoy it. There's cool little musical flares all over this album and a lot of build ups to cool climaxes. So I guess the only problem I really have with it is the subject matter. It seems like a boring subject to cover.

I do think I will dive in to the rest of their discography. They sound a bit more interesting, at least story wise. Overall it's a fantastic album musically and even vocally. I may just be hung up on the story too much, oh well.

7.9/10

The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky
Kattelox
Progressive Rock
United Kingdom

First Impression - I'm not sure what I was expecting here, but it wasn't this.

So at last we come to the other album that struck a major chord (haha major chord....get it????.....) with me emotionally.

The album started off beautifully with the instrumental Sirius, a short but sweet intro to what would end up being a short but sweet album. It has a definite 80's pop rock vibe to it, but it's extremely well performed, with a cool guitar solo all leading in to the title track. Here is where my story of this album begins. As soon as this track started I knew I had heard it before. I just didn't know where or when I had heard it. It wasn't until I got through a few more tracks that a massive wave of nostalgia, sentimentality, and many great childhood memories all came flooding back to me. My dad had this album when I was a little kid. I remembered the first time I heard it. My dad use to take me on the cool little road trips in Northern California when I was around 6-10 years old. This one time we drove from Santa Rosa up to Point Arena via highway 1 along the coast and he popped this album in. Incidentally this road trip was also the first time I heard Dire Straits Love Over Gold, another album I love. But this Alan Parsons album for whatever reason never stuck with me as I got older. I'm not sure why, it's a great album. The title track for instance is a classic rock hit and for good reason. Children of the Moon has a bit of a King Crimson vibe to it. Silence and I has a bit of a jazzy feel with some great vocals and cool orchestral elements and another emotional guitar solo (this album is full of them). The quality of the album does drop a tad with You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned and Psychobabble, although the latter is sort of catchy. The beginning of Mammagamma makes me chuckle. It sounds like they are going to break in to a disco song or something. It's actually a really cool instrumental track, with a groovy bass line. Step by Step is a cool catchy song. Old and Wise is another highlight of the album. A great ballad type track, with more great vocals and an awesome saxophone solo at the end. Fitting way to finish an album I'd say.

So first of all I have to say thanks for bringing back many happy childhood memories of spending time with my dad. This just brought me back and put a smile on my face and reminded me of that awesome road trip I took with my dad. It doesn't hurt that it's also a top notch album. I think the only song I don't really care for is You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned.

9.5/10

Scores

Ariich - 9.5, 7, 7.8, 8, 20.2, 9.7, 9.8, 7.9 = 79.9
TAC - 7.6, 8, 9.1, 8.8, 19.5, 9, 7.1, 9.9 = 79
Romdrums - 7.7, 8.5, 8.7, 9.5, 20.1, 8.7, 7, 7 = 77.2
Elite - 7.8, 7.4, 8.3, 9, 16.2, 9.5, 8.8, 8 = 75
Lethean - 6.8, 7.8, 6.6, 6.8, 21.7, 8.5, 8.5, 7 = 73.7
Kattelox - 9, 9, 9, 6.8, 15.5, 5.5, 9.6, 9.5 = 73.9
Parama - 9.1, 8.7, 6.7, 8.9, 17.7, 8.5, 9, 4.8 = 73.4
Jingle - 8.3, 6, 8, 7.7, 19.9, 7.2, 7, 9.3 = 73.4
Evermind - 8.2, 7.5, 8.5, 6, 21.5, 9.4 = 61.1
Sacul - 8.5, 8.5, 5.9, 8.4, 15.4 = 46.7
Indiscipline - 7.5, 8, 5.8, 7, 18.1 = 46.4
Stadler - 6.4, 7, 6, 6.5, 18.1 = 44
Shadow Ninja - 5.5
Lordcost - 4.5
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1562 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:14 PM »
Hey Puppies - how many people will make it to the last round?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1563 on: January 11, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »
knew i shouldn't have bothered sending anything that wasn't metal  :metal
oh well, your loss
i don't know how the lyrics come off as nonsensical though they're for the most part really straightforward to me and i suck at interpreting lyrics  :lol

also you have lethean above katt on the scoreboard even though lethean has .2 less points  :P

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1564 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »
knew i shouldn't have bothered sending anything that wasn't metal  :metal
oh well, your loss
i don't know how the lyrics come off as nonsensical though they're for the most part really straightforward to me and i suck at interpreting lyrics  :lol
I think I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I just may not get it......  :sadpanda:

Hey Puppies - how many people will make it to the last round?
It will be the top 6 in the final round. So 2 will be cut.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1565 on: January 11, 2019, 11:31:56 PM »
i think you'll at least like my greatest hits album but then again i could also be totally wrong since the band is sent isn't really like any of the other bands i've sent so far & the one song i know you've heard from them you didn't like  :P

anyways i'm sure everyone else will show up to tell you how wrong you are about hospice so w/e

i'll take "better than absu"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1566 on: January 12, 2019, 01:49:18 AM »
tbh mezzanine was a very slow burner for me but now it's in my top 10, fantastic record  :metal

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1567 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »
The problem lies in the story itself, but I'll get to that in a minute.
but it's here that you realize that this album is really just about mining coal and how it will lead humanity in to the future. It sounds like a propaganda album. Maybe that's the point. Maybe it's a metaphor. I'm not sure what it would be a metaphor for, but I digress.
So I guess the only problem I really have with it is the subject matter. It seems like a boring subject to cover.
I may just be hung up on the story too much, oh well.
Um, I think you've rather (by which I mean entirely) missed the point about the album's story. I did link you to the Wikipedia page so you could have had a quick read, although I appreciate you've been really busy.

But by way of brief explanation, the album is about the rise AND FALL of coal mining and by extension industrial decline more generally and the way it has left communities devastated. The opening tracks are indeed about how great coal will be. It's all taken from real PSAs, news segments, etc. like all of the band's samples are. But as the album progresses the clips move forward in time as coal becomes outdated, lose government subsidy, and the communities that put all of their stake in mining because they were told "people will always need coal" got no support and ended up seeing mass unemployment and economic ruin. This was a huge issue in the UK back in the 80s and I understand it's been an issue in the US as well so it's a pretty universal story.

Personally I think the album is incredibly powerful in the way it charts the hopefulness and propaganda in the early songs, really hitting home why so many towns across the UK (and I'm sure other countries) put everything they had into mining, and the album becomes more bleak and depressing as it goes through and you learn how these people were neglected and had their lives ruined.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1568 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:07 AM »
but it's here that you realize that this album is really just about mining coal and how it will lead humanity in to the future. It sounds like a propaganda album. Maybe that's the point. Maybe it's a metaphor. I'm not sure what it would be a metaphor for, but I digress.
So I guess the only problem I really have with it is the subject matter. It seems like a boring subject to cover.
Um, I think you've rather (by which I mean entirely) missed the point about the album's story. I did link you to the Wikipedia page so you could have had a quick read, although I appreciate you've been really busy.

But by way of brief explanation, the album is about the rise AND FALL of coal mining and by extension industrial decline more generally and the way it has left communities devastated. The opening tracks are indeed about how great coal will be. It's all taken from real PSAs, news segments, etc. like all of the band's samples are. But as the album progresses the clips move forward in time as coal becomes outdated, lose government subsidy, and the communities that put all of their stake in mining because they were told "people will always need coal" got no support and ended up seeing mass unemployment and economic ruin. This was a huge issue in the UK back in the 80s and I understand it's been an issue in the US as well so it's a pretty universal story.

Personally I think the album is incredibly powerful in the way it charts the hopefulness and propaganda in the early songs, really hitting home why so many towns across the UK (and I'm sure other countries) put everything they had into mining, and the album becomes more bleak and depressing as it goes through and you learn how these people were neglected and had their lives ruined.
Thanks for the further insight in to the story. I'll have to go back and listen again. I was definitely getting the feeling that I was missing something.  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1569 on: January 12, 2019, 02:59:18 AM »
Sent my Greatest Hits record
Squ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1570 on: January 12, 2019, 04:14:21 AM »
Oh hell yes, 5th place?! Glad you had such a good time with that album. I definitely was hoping you'd love it because I get a King Crimson vibe at moments too. I'm happy it brought back memories of your dad and that most of the album was entertaining. It's got a nice variety.

Can't wait to send you my greatest hits so my own roulette's results and that will be what I work on all weekend. jingle, Parama, Lethean... game on, my goal is to remain ahead of at least two of you.  :hat
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:33:29 AM by Kattelox »

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1571 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:31 AM »
Wow... that is a TIGHT race for the last 2 spots.  Sending my GH right now.  No risk, no reward.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1572 on: January 12, 2019, 06:19:03 AM »

Thanks for the further insight in to the story. I'll have to go back and listen again. I was definitely getting the feeling that I was missing something.  :lol
Yeah, you seemed to get, like, the exact opposite message. :lol

Forgot to say but glad you dug the music, they have a great vibe and array of styles they use. Hope you enjoy it more once you've dug into the concept a little.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: January 12, 2019, 06:41:05 AM »
Oh man I think I have the perfect epic idea for the GH. What's your favorite kind of cheese, Pup?  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1574 on: January 12, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »
oh btw since you said the lyrics were total nonsense, bear is about the protagonist's partner getting an abortion  :P
it's greatly implied that's the specific thing that was the breaking point between the two of them

anyways i've learned my lesson to not send you emotional concept albums in the future and fortunately my concept album for that round is just a straight up fantasy thing so woo  :metal i'm getting cut before that round anyways though