Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 112209 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 7 Listening Underway & Hanging Men)
« Reply #1400 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:30 PM »
Sunless Dawn - Evermind

:neverusethis:

Except this was you.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1401 on: December 19, 2018, 12:15:17 AM »
wow how did you figure that out :jamaritard:

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1402 on: December 19, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »
He must have the deductive reasoning of Sherlock Holmes  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1403 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:18 AM »
how many impressions did i get right?  :corn
don't tell me which ones, just a number

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1404 on: December 19, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »
- My god this is beautiful.......why is it taking so long to do anything.....holy crap balls it's beautiful....zzzzzzzz.......oooooooh beautiful....
BT

- I don't even know how to classify this.
Submotion Orchestra
These would seem the only two that could apply to Submotion Orchestra, and I agree the first probably fits better with that BT album. So I'm guessing you're correct.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1405 on: December 19, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »
how many impressions did i get right?  :corn
don't tell me which ones, just a number
Hmm, this may give everything away, but you got 8 correct :neverusethis:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1406 on: December 19, 2018, 08:26:47 AM »
WOW!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1407 on: December 19, 2018, 08:40:47 AM »
:metardica:

i don't actually hear any opeth in sunless dawn tho tbh
now, one of the songs on my concept album, on the other hand...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1408 on: December 19, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »
- Best <insert genre here> I've heard in quite some time. Rifftastic.
URSA

:metal :metal
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1409 on: December 19, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
i tried listening to some of that ursa album and it's.... okay
doomy stonery metal stuff like that basically never does anything for me unfortunately
apparently the band is a side project of members of cormorant though? and the album cover is great

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1410 on: December 19, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
please like flyover please don't hate it
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1411 on: December 19, 2018, 09:17:11 PM »
:metardica:

i don't actually hear any opeth in sunless dawn tho tbh
now, one of the songs on my concept album, on the other hand...
Actually neither do I  :corn

please like flyover please don't hate it
I make no promises one way or the other....
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1412 on: December 19, 2018, 10:03:14 PM »
i hope you have an opinion on the album i sent

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1413 on: December 19, 2018, 10:20:13 PM »
i hope you have an opinion on the album i sent
I have many...
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1414 on: December 19, 2018, 10:53:35 PM »
sounds ominous  :tup

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1415 on: December 21, 2018, 07:28:36 AM »
welcome to corn

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1416 on: December 21, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
So I started working on write ups and then fell in to a Youtube hole......

Write ups should be completed and posted at some point tomorrow evening though...hopefully.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1417 on: December 21, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »
So I started working on write ups and then fell in to a Youtube hole......

:lol

That's easy to do!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1418 on: December 21, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
Got one write up done. Hoping to get a couple more done tonight and then the rest tomorrow.

Have a snippet from the first write up. See if you can guess which album it is  :biggrin:

- The vocalist is a bit of an anomaly here.

I'm not going to do this for every write up, but just wanted to give y'all something to talk about while I finish them.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1419 on: December 22, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
:corn

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1420 on: December 22, 2018, 08:45:25 PM »
So I literally got 2 more write ups done since last night. So no results tonight. Yes, I know, I'm slow. But it's my holiday weekend with the in-laws..........

TL;DR;DC
suck it  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1421 on: December 22, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
Take all the time you need. :)

(If I make it to the concept album round, I'd rather it start well after new year's day.)

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1422 on: December 23, 2018, 09:09:12 PM »
Ok I'm going to release the 3 write ups I have so far. I've been a little distracted with family mostly and I cant stop listening to one of these albums.

Round 7 Results Part 1

Darkest Horizon - Aenigmata
TAC
Melodic Death Metal
Germany

First Impression - Like Fleshgod Apocalypse only slower, or Scar Symmetry only way faster...

Another band from this round pulling heavily from the symphonic side of metal. The other defining factor of this album is the almost nonstop use of fast double bass. It almost never stops. So it really is like a slowed down version of Fleshgod Apocalypse mixed with the Melodic Death metal sensibilities of Scar Symmetry. I like both of those bands, Scar Symmetry more. The issue with this album though, is the lack of variation in the songs. Now the songs aren't bad, but they don't differ enough from one to the next and even though it isn't a long album (clocking in at 48 minutes) it feels longer than it should and I find my attention wandering in the last third. Another issue is the guitars are buried in the mix a bit too far. Especially a lot of the leads get overwhelmed by the symphonics/keyboards, although there are a few solos here and there that stand out and are done extremely well and tastefully for the song. The bass is non existent. There may or may not be a bass player on this album :lol The vocalist is also fairly generic when it comes to this particular genre. He isn't bad or annoying, just nothing special. This album could have benefited from some clean vocal sections (the whispered section at the beginning of Tempus Inversus doesn't count). Speaking of Tempus Inversus, this is probably one of the coolest songs here. Catchy, fast (like all the songs here), and fun. Then again the same could be said for the rest of the songs here, just to a lesser extent. The problem is the melodies aren't allowed to breathe in the wall of sound that the symphonic sound creates. The production leaves a little to be desired too.

Overall it's not a bad album, but there is definitely room for the band to improve some things. I do realize that a lot of the "improvements" could be considered subjective, but I don't care. The band should heed my advice :neverusethis:

7.1/10

Sunless Dawn - Timeweaver
Parama
Progressive Death Metal
Denmark

First Impression - Ah, we finally get a sequel to Opeth's Grand Conjuration!

So this band doesn't really sound like Opeth, despite my first impression. This is however Progressive Death Metal done right. Or at least done mostly right (like 95%). This takes more of a symphonic approach that most Prog Death, but it isn't over the top. It also delves in to some of the more dissonant aspects of bands like Deathspell Omega, Virus, Gorguts, and Portal, but not as over the top technical. I mean, everyone here is very technically capable, but their skill is used more for the benefit of making a good song, instead of being technical just for the sake of it. The drummer reminds of Martin Lopez's style. He definitely plays for the song. Both guitarists are great and trade off between riffs and solos. I love the bass players tone and the fact that you can actually here him in the mix. HOORAY FOR NOT BEING BRICKWALLED! The vocalist is a bit of an anomaly here. At times he reminds me of a mix between Tommy Rodgers and Ihsahn, but then he goes in to this more traditional Melodeath vocal style, not unlike (the waves :neverusethis:) Dark Tranquillity or old In Flames. He's hard to pin down, but I do enjoy the majority of his vocals.

Now, the band may not sound like Opeth, but they are definitely influenced by them. Especially in the loud/soft dynamic of going between heavy riffage and harsh vocals to light acoustic passages. Plus you have Grand Inquisitor, sequel to Grand Conjuration  :biggrin: They also seem to draw from bands like Septicflesh with the symphonic elements. There's also a lot of modern prog metalisms, similar to Leprous, Haken, BtBaM, etc. This all makes for an album that is never boring and always keeps your interest. The Biomorph suite is a great example of all of the above. There isn't really a weak song here, though. The only thing I can really say against the album would be the lack of riffs that just makes me want to bang my head. For a metal album that I have kind of fallen in love with, this is an oddity. The guitar solos on the other hand are in a range from complex, head turning, holy crap moments to beautifully melodic and everything in between.

Bottom line, this is just a great album.

9/10

Lauri Porra - Flyover
Kattelox
Progressive Rock
Finland

First Impression - A pinch of Sigur Ros, a dash of Eric Johnson, a splash of Federico Aubele, a smidgen of Johnny Winter, whipped in a blender made of early Porcupine Tree.

The first minute of this album told me everything I needed to know here. This album was going to be a masterpiece. Moody, beautiful, atmospheric. I didn't expect all of the other sounds and styles as the songs came and went though. Each song had a distinct style it seemed. The first song was like Federico Aubele and Eric Johnson got together and created this perfect soundscape as a sound track to a movie. What an epic way to start an album. And if you don't know who Federico Aubele is, I encourage you to immediately go check out his Panamericana and Berlin 13 albums. Everyone should know who Eric Johnson is....

The creativity and variety on this album is quite surprising considering it's all instrumental. I typically cant rate instrumental albums very high because of lack of variety or I get bored halfway through or something like that. There are so many moods, styles, and wonderful melodies on display here that it's impossible to not be enraptured by the entire album. The Sigur Ros post rock sections, like in Dislocated, are fantastic. That song send chills down my spine at certain points. I love the beautiful strings and piano melodies, which are continued at the beginning of Momentary Loss of All Hope. This song is the only song I have an issue with. It starts off well enough, but it's a little too repetitive. It isn't a bad song and it has some standout moments, but it is definitely the lesser of all the great songs here. Fortunately the rest of the album is nothing less than stellar. I love how chill it is most of the time while still incorporating awesome guitar solos which go from proggy technical solos to some more blues inspired solos. Some of the songs sound like something Steven Wilson might have done in the early Porcupine Tree days, circa The Sky Moves Sideways.

In the end, I'm not really sure what it was, but this album just hit me in the right way and I can see myself listening to this a lot and unraveling more of the nuances here.

9.6/10
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 7 Results incoming)
« Reply #1423 on: December 23, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
you believed, katt  :corn

also i knew sunless dawn was like a piss-easy high score for me because, yeah, it's a pretty rad as heck album  :hefdaddy
i am gonna start giving it more spins after this week, didn't put anything new into rotation as i haven't had nearly as much time to listen to music in general

i'll try to send off my round 8 album soon-ish. i might screw around and send a non-metal album & get a really low score that sinks my chances of getting into the finals, we'll see

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: December 24, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
I had to walk through the valley before I climbed the mountain  :hat

So happy you loved that album Pup. Lauri's solo stuff is beautiful. I'm really hoping I can make it to the final round so I'm going to try super hard to pick out something you'll love today/tomorrow. EDIT: Maybe I'll send a bit later, at least until more results come in, I don't want to bog Pup down
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:00:49 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1425 on: December 25, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »
The rest of the results will be later tonight. Stay tuned.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1426 on: December 26, 2018, 12:30:27 AM »
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1427 on: December 26, 2018, 12:55:02 AM »
OK, here they are!

Round 7 Results Part 2

BT - This Binary Universe
Romdrums
Ambient Glitch IDM
United States

First Impression - My god this is beautiful.......why is it taking so long to do anything.....holy crap balls it's beautiful....zzzzzzzz.......oooooooh beautiful....

And most polarizing album of the roulette goes to..............This Binary Universe! I could not make heads or tails of this, trying to figure out if I loved it or hated it. First of all, the album is long. Second of all, there are sections that seem to go on forever and do nothing. Third, there are parts of this album that don't seem to fit with the rest of it. I'm familiar with BT a little bit. I've heard his stuff on the Tiesto In Search of Sunrise albums. This though is nothing like what is on those albums. This is much more mellow and gives off a sort of cold, sometimes dark, vibe.

The first track, All That Makes Us Human Continues, has quite a long buildup right from the beginning. The buildup is nice, but it doesn't exactly develop in to anything. Also some of the sounds used here are kind of grating on my ears. I thought maybe it was building up to the next track, Dynamic Symmetry, but it doesn't. Speaking of track 2, this one also starts off slowly, but with what sounds like some subtle field recordings. This actually builds in to a proper song and it actually has a really nice melody. Those twinkly bell sounds are pretty nice, but the glitchy acoustic guitar that comes in kind of ruins the mood a bit. This is where I start to have real issue with the album. The glitch stuff just doesn't sit well with me. The soundscapes leading up to those points are so nice and relaxing that when those glitches and loud noises come in it completely pulls me out of the music. The jazzy/lounge sections are nice too, but again they go on too long without a change up, unless you count the glitches. The majority of the album kind of follows this pattern.

I think the final 2 tracks are the best out of the bunch. Not only are they much more dynamic, with more variety (at least The Anhtkythera Mechanism is), but they also use the glitch stuff much more effectively and less annoyingly. It actually adds to the atmosphere. There is a small section in the middle of The Anhtkythera Mechanism that goes a little overboard with the glitchyness. The symphonic part after that is pretty epic though. Good Morning Kaia might be one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Despite its simplicity and relative lack of variety, there's something about it that just speaks to me. The field recordings on it fit perfectly and it does have some nice rises and falls in dynamics. After hearing this song, I thought that this is what the rest of the album should sound like.

7/10

Poison - Native Tongue
Jingle
Bluesy Hard Rock
United States

First Impression - Nothing quite like cruising down the highway in my 79 convertible Trans AM rockin out to music coming through my 8 track.....oh hold on my tape jammed again....

Listening to this I kept thinking how much better it would have been if Richie Kotzen sang lead vocals, I've just never cared too much for Bret Michaels. Kotzen's influence is evident all over this album though. It has a much more bluesy rock approach than any of the more well known popular Poison songs do. Richie Kotzen's guitar playing is what really keeps this album from dropping in to mediocrity. Without him I don't think this would be nearly as good. The album starts off well with the intro Native Tongue rolling right in to the barn burner that is The Scream. Fantastic song with some fantastic guitar playing. Stand is a little too generic for the most part, but with another great Richie solo (song saved). Stay Alive kind of follows in the same vein as Stand, but with a little better song writing. Again another face melting solo from Richie. Until You Suffer Some is kind of cheesy, but I like it for some reason. It has a different vibe to all the preceding songs. Again Richie tears it up. This is kind of a theme for this album. All the songs have very different feels and good variety. Some work well, some not so much, but they all are dominated (at least to my ears) by Richie Kotzen. I just love his style of playing. If you were to take out a couple of the songs that don't work for me, you might have an 8/10 album here. If you also put Richie Kotzen on lead vocals and get rid of Bret Michaels, now you might have a 9/10. But that would all be in an alternate timeline/universe....

You sent me a PM asking if I preferred Flying Colors or Winery Dogs. I'm curious what you would have sent if I had said Flying Colors.....

7/10

Dianoya - Obscurity Divine
Lethean
Progressive Metal
Poland

First Impression - This bands 2 main influences are Tool and 80's butt rock/hair metal/glam metal.

I've got to admit I was a little worried when I looked up reviews of this album prior to me listening to it. I was pretty pleasantly surprised how much I ended up liking this though. The guitar riffs and bass have a very Tool-like sound to them. The overall atmosphere (which is pretty thick) is very Tool-like as well, with a lot of the quiet/loud dynamic that Tool has. The vocals and some of the guitar leads are more Prog Rock though. The drummer is kind of the odd man out. Occasionally he will throw in a cool fill or drum pattern, but 90% of the time he is sitting in the simplest of glam/hair/butt metal grooves. The keyboards that are used occasionally have a very 80's rock vibe to them as well. This is all wrapped in a doomy/atmospheric shell. It's a strange album, if I'm being honest, but I do like it and it all adds up to quite a unique sound. At times it reminded me of the Thought Industry album I was sent last round, only less technical. I wish the drummer wasn't so boring most of the time, but that is the only complaint I have here. Also the lyrics seem to be mostly nonsense, but that could be due to translation issues. At any rate, they don't really bother me because the vocal melodies are very well done.

Some highlights: The guitar solo is Dreamlack is nice and slow and full of emotion and the ending to this song is pretty epic. The whole of Severance is pretty awesome. Turbid Mind and Season Madness is a cool off kilter instrumental track with what sounds like a 13/4 time signature in there. Each song has something that I like though, so I could go on and on here.

Overall, this is another great album being held back by the drummer's inability to innovate a little more. Still a solid album.

8.5/10

URSA - Abyss Between the Stars
Elite
Doom Metal
United States

First Impression - Best Doom Metal I've heard in quite some time. Rifftastic.

This is some good tasty stoner tinged Doom. These guys are definitely trying to channel Candlemass, early Black Sabbath, Solitude Aeturnus, with a just a little bit of Reverend Bizarre and Alice In Chains at their heaviest/doomiest. As far as I'm concerned, they have successfully done that. Nothing but great riffs wrapped in the perfect atmosphere. The whole sound of the album is very open (each instrument is allowed to breathe), but at the same time its crushing. I thoroughly enjoyed every song here. They were all fun to listen to even though I don't think the band was necessarily going for fun. Although the lyrics might beg to differ with some rather cheesy DnD-like subject matter like Dragons, wizards, witches etc etc. Regardless, there are some really cool head bang-able and fun moments all over this album. Like the double bass section in Dragon's Beard that you cant help but head bang with a smile on your face. Then they seem to know how to flow right in to a slower riff heavy section that is equally easy to head bang (albeit slower) to. The song Cave of the Spider King is of particular note here, being the longest song and in my opinion the most epic. It actually starts with a cool dark folk/bluegrass vibe with some thick juicy bass and twangy guitar before erupting in to another awesomely heavy riff fest. This song also has some of my favorite vocals on the album. The guitars also take on a bit of a Type O Negative tone to them here too and they break out with some nice slick solos. It's just an awesome song. Now the only problem with the album that I could see, is it could get a little samey if you aren't a huge fan of doom/stoner metal, but at only 46 minutes it doesn't overstay it's welcome. None of the songs seem overlong (maybe Thirteen Witches if I'm being completely honest).

In the end, it's probably not an album I will listen to a ton, but it does scratch that doom itch I get once in a while in a really satisfying way.

8.8/10

Submotion Orchestra - Finest Hour
Ariich
Downtempo Jazz?
United Kingdom

First Impression - I don't even know how to classify this.

Ok I do know how to classify this. It's Downtempo influenced Jazz or maybe Jazz influenced Downtempo? Whatever it is, it's amazing. Right off the bat I could tell the vocals would be something I would enjoy the entire album. They have this very lounge singer vibe to them, similar to the vocals of the Portishead and Saltillo songs I got in my last roulette from TwoSuitsLuke and Sacul. Speaking of which, this is something I would imagine Sacul would send if he were still in the roulette. The main genres here may be Jazz and Downtempo (still debatable), but there are many different styles that show up from time to time, like latin/spanish influenced sounds, classical, trance, and big band/swing. And that's just the first few songs. Track 2, Backchat, comes in with this amazing picked violin sound and some nice horns, what an intro! One of the finest moments of the album and one of the finest songs (but not the best, we'll get to that). This song does overstay it's welcome just a tad, but not enough to really detract from how good the song is, especially with those horns coming in again and again, fantastic. Always is a good head bobbing song and kind of reminds me of some of the Japanese style music in the old Gran Turismo games for some reason. Now I have to admit I was a little worried about this album when I saw the song title Pop and Lock, but my worries were put to rest as soon as the album started and this is a pretty good song too. Suffer Not is a monster of a song. Great vocals and vocal melodies, but repetitive lyrics. Although the song isn't really about the lyrics so much. The song is really about the build up and how it adds new layers as it progresses before it breaks down in the middle and does the build up again, this time with some new instruments. Now on to the best song here, the aptly named Perfection. I really cant describe how this song makes me feel. It's one of those songs that just touches your soul, but is indescribable. It's a perfect way to close the album, with the perfect song. I think the band knew what they were doing when they named this song and then used it to finish off the album.

Everything about this album was fantastic, there is really nothing I could say about it that would be a negative. From the vocals to the awesome lounge sound to the incredible horns (I love those horns!) to the relaxing nature of it all, you have another standout album that you have sent me. You are on a roll!

9.8/10

Scores:

Ariich - 9.5, 7, 7.8, 8, 20.2, 9.7, 9.8 = 72
Romdrums - 7.7, 8.5, 8.7, 9.5, 20.1, 8.7, 7 = 70.2
TAC - 7.6, 8, 9.1, 8.8, 19.5, 9, 7.1 = 69.1
Parama - 9.1, 8.7, 6.7, 8.9, 17.7, 8.5, 9 = 68.6
Elite - 7.8, 7.4, 8.3, 9, 16.2, 9.5, 8.8 = 67
Lethean - 6.8, 7.8, 6.6, 6.8, 21.7, 8.5, 8.5 = 66.7
Kattelox - 9, 9, 9, 6.8, 15.5, 5.5, 9.6 = 64.4
Jingle - 8.3, 6, 8, 7.7, 19.9, 7.2, 7 = 64.1
Evermind - 8.2, 7.5, 8.5, 6, 21.5, 9.4 = 61.1
Sacul - 8.5, 8.5, 5.9, 8.4, 15.4 = 46.7
Indiscipline - 7.5, 8, 5.8, 7, 18.1 = 46.4
Stadler - 6.4, 7, 6, 6.5, 18.1 = 44
Shadow Ninja - 5.5
Lordcost - 4.5
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Round 7 Results/Send for Round 8)
« Reply #1428 on: December 26, 2018, 01:52:35 AM »
You sent me a PM asking if I preferred Flying Colors or Winery Dogs. I'm curious what you would have sent if I had said Flying Colors.....

Probably the same thing just to fuck with you. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1429 on: December 26, 2018, 04:33:37 AM »

Probably the same thing just to fuck with you. :lol

Nah... it would've been something by Alpha Rev - Casey's band pre-Flying Colors.

Since this is the 'last' album round, it's time to send an actual concept album.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1430 on: December 26, 2018, 07:05:06 AM »
Round 8 sent.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1431 on: December 26, 2018, 07:15:26 AM »
I love that BT album now, but it took me years to slowly build up an appreciation for it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1432 on: December 26, 2018, 07:34:33 AM »
congrats ariich  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1433 on: December 26, 2018, 07:41:22 AM »
I was considering a SO album to send... damn. 9.6 and I still came in second AND I'm second to last still  :lol I wanted to make it to the final round so badly. So Pup... you're gonna get something I truly love next round just because I want you to hear it  :biggrin:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1434 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:29 AM »
Yeah that's certainly a record I could have sent, but wouldn't have thought you'd dig a lot :P.