Author Topic: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Jingle & Kat Bonus Round...spoiler...Jingle wins)  (Read 113757 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Puppies Crazy Album Roulette (Send for Round 7)
« Reply #1295 on: December 15, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »
Sent something different yet again!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1296 on: December 15, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »
PM sent!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1297 on: December 15, 2018, 12:33:04 PM »
Just got the first Greatest Hits album.
:metal :metal :metal

i'm doing my concept album right now while i'm relistening to the final draft. it's about two hours long though so expect that later today  :lol

i might be cheating because it's explicitly two albums tied heavily together by theme but it's a concept that i've been stuck on for like, two months at this point so you're gonna accept it

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1298 on: December 15, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »
Just got the first Greatest Hits album. I'm going to allow all of you to lock in your bands for the greatest hits and concept album round ahead of time (first come first serve) that way there are no surprises if someone should try to send one of the bands you picked before hand. Just because I know it will take a little extra effort putting those together. So if you have bands in mind already for those rounds send me your finalized band lists and I can confirm them.
Hmm, not sure I'm a fan of that rule personally, but ok.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1299 on: December 15, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »
Just got the first Greatest Hits album. I'm going to allow all of you to lock in your bands for the greatest hits and concept album round ahead of time (first come first serve) that way there are no surprises if someone should try to send one of the bands you picked before hand. Just because I know it will take a little extra effort putting those together. So if you have bands in mind already for those rounds send me your finalized band lists and I can confirm them.
i am definitely not redoing my entire greatest hits album just because someone decided to lolsend one of their albums in round 7 or 8  :P
i don't think the rule needs to apply to concept albums though. i mean for one, three people left aren't even getting to the concept album round so what happens if you reserve a band for one of them & someone else tries to send them but can't... then the person sending the concept album gets cut

for like, most of my artists i don't really see this as being too likely though but i could totally be wrong. if need be i'll probably just axe a song or two from my concept album, anyways. i don't want to, but i could easily do it. since, again. two hours  :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1300 on: December 15, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
Sent both!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1301 on: December 15, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »
i am definitely not redoing my entire greatest hits album just because someone decided to lolsend one of their albums in round 7 or 8  :P

Well, must be tough luck then. "Definitely not redoing" the thing just because someone dared to "lolsend" something from mighty Parama's list in, lo and behold, rounds that precede the actual Greatest Hits round. How dare they. I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose, but if you don't, well shit, wow, talk about some eye-opening experiences.

I'm going to be honest here, not only that I think this rule is flawed, but the whole "first come first serve" thing is flawed. It's your roulette and your rules though, and I agreed to participate, so alright, that's how it goes. I'll play by the damn rules.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1302 on: December 15, 2018, 01:41:25 PM »
Yeah I'm the kind of person who likes to only send for the current round so... oh well. Not my roulette but I won't make it to the final round anyway LOL.

I think if someone sends their album in round 7 or 8 and Parama has that band in his greatest hits he should have to redo it (fuck your laziness, it's not fair to others imo) - but again, Pup's call and that's the final word.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:49:53 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1303 on: December 15, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
Same thing for me. I have a rough idea for what band tio send, but I haven’t decided on a track-list yet. I’ll get the album for round 7 in first. Tomorrow..
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1304 on: December 15, 2018, 02:02:55 PM »
hey, i didn't make the rule, or even suggest it myself, i just support half of it, getting mad at me about it is silly now  :P

you realize that the list of bands for the greatest hits round is like, a lot narrower than in any other round though, right? and i've spent probably like at least 6 hours over the past few days putting mine together in a way i'm happy with so sorry for being upset that someone arbitrarily deciding to send one album would mean all the work went to waste

like i said, i don't agree with it for the concept album round though, but we're near enough to the greatest hits round anyways that i doubt the rule would come into affect regardless, just that it would suck if it did

also i'm going to be on vacation and thus not at my main computer for two weeks & i literally won't be able to remake my greatest hits album during that time if i need to, but that's beside the point

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1305 on: December 15, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »
I mean or you could just do like most of us and just prepare for it as the round's coming up and not several in advance - if someone sends an artist that you have already planned to use in a future round, that shouldn't be their fault that your work "went to waste," you just shouldn't have jumped the gun so far in advance. Just my two cents. I'm not mad at all about it I just don't think it's totally fair since why should the person sending the artist first have to change because someone else sent the same artist 3 rounds ahead of schedule? idk (and maybe this is just me, but if you aren't gonna be around for a few rounds that's a different scenario / don't participate if you know you ain't gonna be around!) Again, Pup's roulette his rules, just voicing my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:18:29 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1306 on: December 15, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »
Wasn't expecting this much backlash regarding this :( I thought I was trying to help people out by not having to redo hours of work putting something together. I'll tell you what, for the concept album I won't lock in artists, just the individual songs. If someone happens to send an album by the same artist before then, but it doesn't have the same song, then that will be allowed. I still think the chances of this are pretty low. And if you want to wait to see what people send in the intervening time before making your concept album, that's fine too. Just thought I would give people the option.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1307 on: December 15, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »
I mean or you could just do like most of us and just prepare for it as the round's coming up and not several in advance
also i'm going to be on vacation and thus not at my main computer for two weeks & i literally won't be able to remake my greatest hits album during that time if i need to, but that's beside the point

i assume you didn't even read my post then, literally the only reason i'm rushing this right now is because i won't be able to for two weeks & it's feasible that the greatest hits round will start by then
it's either this or potentially keep people waiting after round 8

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: December 15, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »
Nope, didn't read it, I just responded to specific points you made... no need to be rude, and I hate to be crass but maybe if you're participating in a roulette find a way to take a hard drive/laptop with you or something just in case? Or at least throw a YouTube link to Puppies?  :lol

I like the idea of locking in songs but not artists. :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1309 on: December 15, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
(fuck your laziness, it's not fair to others imo)
no need to be rude
::)

i don't even know what's rude about my post tho
i'll stop now

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1310 on: December 15, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
The part about not reading your post. Parama, I'm not salty at all about this and I'm certainly not trying to argue with you. It's all good. This is only a game after all. The 'fuck your laziness' was not meant to be mean-spirited, but a friendly "nah fam, don't like that" kind of thing. I apologize. :)

My score for this round and maybe the next will determine what I send in the round before the cut-off. Pup... score carefully... lol.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:42:22 PM by Kattelox »

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1311 on: December 15, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »
Everyone just settle down before the ban-hammer comes out!!   :lol

I think Pups' offer to 'help protect' people that have invested a few hours of time into something is fine.  I also see the point that 1st come/1st serve shouldn't apply 2 or 3 rounds in advance.  I'm not stuffed by either to tell you the truth.  I did (as some of you know) send some messages to have a gentlemen's agreement try and protect our respective turf for the Concept Album (even though it now looks fairly certain that mine will be an unofficial submission) - as I did put a lot of time to find all the right songs and flow for a rather rudimentary storyline - and would hate to have it crushed by another person accidentally/coincidentally submitting the band/album that any of my songs were from.

For the GH round, not really sure anyone needs to 'squat' on their territory though... I had at least 5 options for GH, so I'd shart myself if all 5 were used by the time we get to that round.

Also... Parama... I guaran-damn-tee you that I won't be submitting your band.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1312 on: December 15, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
i trust in that last statement more than i trust anything

edit: aaaannd SENT. I haven't picked out round 8's album yet but that one you're just gonna look up on google play anyways & I don't need to send you anything directly so w/e i'll figure it out. i have like two or three options atm
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:54:41 PM by Parama »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1313 on: December 15, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
I meant no backlash at all, just not a huge fan of the rule but it's definitely no big deal, so honestly don't worry too much. :heart

I be am boner inducing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: December 15, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
i trust in that last statement more than i trust anything

:hifive:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1315 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:01 PM »
you realize that the list of bands for the greatest hits round is like, a lot narrower than in any other round though, right? and i've spent probably like at least 6 hours over the past few days

For the greatest hits round, you really have to just pick a band, and then pick 10-15 tracks. How hard can that be?

But as far as locking in bands for the Concept Album, I think that's a great idea. I don't think I've ever seen a Concept Album round before. They're not the easiest to out together.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1316 on: December 15, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »
i put some effort into sequencing and flow because it drives me insane not to have it

also picking 10-15 songs out of a band's catalog is a lot harder than you're making it sound  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1317 on: December 16, 2018, 12:38:08 AM »
Just need 2 more albums for round 7 and then we are fully off to the races. Need albums from Evermind (who said he would be sending something soon) and Elite (whom I have not heard from yet).
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1318 on: December 16, 2018, 12:43:52 AM »
Elite we expected anyways  :P

i might cheap out and send a band i know is eligible for the bonus point that i'd be shocked if they scored below an 8/10, just to get that extra roulette juice

side-note i asked but didn't get a response, i'm assuming the answer is no but - rosetta eligible for bonus point? i wouldn't think so since you specified "scored highly" but then that TREOS album didn't really "score highly" either so i'm just a little confused on that point

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1319 on: December 16, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
Elite we expected anyways  :P

i might cheap out and send a band i know is eligible for the bonus point that i'd be shocked if they scored below an 8/10, just to get that extra roulette juice

side-note i asked but didn't get a response, i'm assuming the answer is no but - rosetta eligible for bonus point? i wouldn't think so since you specified "scored highly" but then that TREOS album didn't really "score highly" either so i'm just a little confused on that point
Oh jeez. I screwed up. Yeah it is eligible for the bonus point. I would blame the fact that I was sick and heavily medicated, but I finished that write up before I got sick so....... I shall fix the scores.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1320 on: December 16, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
i dunno what you consider as "rating highly" then 'cause you didn't seem to like the other rosetta album you rated  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1321 on: December 16, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »
Eh, the wording on that sentence could have been clearer on my part :facepalm:. I didn't just want people looking for bands that I had rated 1 album highly and then sending only those bands. Regardless of how I rated the one album, it still counts as a bonus point band.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1322 on: December 16, 2018, 01:00:48 AM »
Thanks for trying to make it easier Puppies.  Everyone else might not like it, but I do. :P

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1323 on: December 16, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »
I think my next roulette will be scored on a logarithmic scale just make things fun  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1324 on: December 16, 2018, 01:11:50 AM »
my next roulette i'm gonna assign the scores based on how much fun the song would be in hangman

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1325 on: December 16, 2018, 03:43:39 AM »
Alright, sending now, sorry for making you guys wait.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: December 16, 2018, 04:10:37 AM »
If I'm ever chased by a bear, I want Elite to be in my group.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1327 on: December 16, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »
Tomorrow..

Which is today. Will send later. Just have to listen to two albums to decide which one it's going to be.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1328 on: December 16, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »
Tomorrow..

Which is today. Will send later. Just have to listen to two albums to decide which one it's going to be.

Just pick one and send the other one next round. ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1329 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:16 AM »
A point is made