Author Topic: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?  (Read 16746 times)

Online mikeyd23

Re: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2018, 07:20:01 AM »
Well, it's not a given they'll play the song, and they could play it elsewhere in the set. And coming off two sets one of which is an 80 minutes long album, it makes more sense and balance to have a single song, maybe an epic, as encore. But just imagine how cool it would be for people sitting over the Finally Free outro thinking "yeah, we all know it" and then the static goes on and on and you hear the little bell and FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Yeah, that would be epic.. :metal

Agreed that would be epic.

Yeah that would be awesome.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2018, 08:33:47 AM »
OK. So, since Bosk said the poll was closed, and we are still having fun with what we would like to hear....Let's move to the oh so fun speculation. ;D

After seeing all the responses, and knowing what we know now,..
What do we Think the encore will be and what older couple of songs will be included in the first set?

I am less well-versed in DT and it's concert history but, strictly from this thread.

Glass Prision
something from FII

Ocatavarium

Offline Majesti

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
Greetings everyone! I’ve been a longtime denizen of the forums, but up until now just as a ‘guest.’ With the recent treasure hunt and overall excitement for the upcoming record and associated tour (my wife and I are going to the San Diego show) I felt obligated to make an account. Being that I cannot wait to see DT live once again, I figured I’d start my first post by sharing my top 3 songs that I’d like to see in March.

1. Octavarium
2. Solitary Shell into Losing Time / Grand Finale
3. The Count of Tuscany

1. I mean... where to begin? This is quintessential DT for me. It enters this extremely unique sonic space where you have this magnificent journey being told through beautiful harmony, groove, and tight musicianship unparalleled in modern music. An absolute treasure.
2. I love these two songs together. Something about the human codition portrayed in these tunes really gets me.
3. Probably one of my favorite songs in their catalogue. I’ll never forget the feeling of just being floored hearing the opening instrumental section for the first time. Love this song.

Thanks for reading. Hope you all have an excellent day!  :tup

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »
1 Surrender to Reason
2 The Great Debate
3 Honor Thy Father

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »

1. I mean... where to begin? This is quintessential DT for me. It enters this extremely unique sonic space where you have this magnificent journey being told through beautiful harmony, groove, and tight musicianship unparalleled in modern music. An absolute treasure.

100% agree.  There is no other song like.this.ever.  :metal

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2018, 02:09:27 PM »
Greetings everyone! I’ve been a longtime denizen of the forums, but up until now just as a ‘guest.’ With the recent treasure hunt and overall excitement for the upcoming record and associated tour (my wife and I are going to the San Diego show) I felt obligated to make an account. Being that I cannot wait to see DT live once again, I figured I’d start my first post by sharing my top 3 songs that I’d like to see in March.
Welcome!

Have you managed to play some of the treasure hunt puzzles? (If not, almost all of it is still playable, I believe.)

When/where have you seen the band live before?

Offline Majesti

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
Welcome!

Have you managed to play some of the treasure hunt puzzles? (If not, almost all of it is still playable, I believe.)

When/where have you seen the band live before?

Hey thanks!

I followed along with the treasure hunt in its entirety, and even completed some of the puzzles:)

I’ve seen the guys 4 times now; once in San Diego, and 3 times in LA. Seriously can’t wait for this upcoming tour since they’re playing where I live (San Diego) and it just happens to be where they kick off the tour!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2018, 06:54:15 AM »
Well, it's not a given they'll play the song, and they could play it elsewhere in the set. And coming off two sets one of which is an 80 minutes long album, it makes more sense and balance to have a single song, maybe an epic, as encore. But just imagine how cool it would be for people sitting over the Finally Free outro thinking "yeah, we all know it" and then the static goes on and on and you hear the little bell and FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

That would be awesome, but The Glass Prison is such a hyperactive and difficult song to play, not sure the band would want that to be the last song they play every night.  They are all 50+ now and I would imagine a song like that would be a bitch to play early in the set list, much less at the end after you've already played 150-180 minutes of music.