Author Topic: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?  (Read 16726 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2018, 06:29:16 AM »
In The Presence of Enemies, Bridges in The Sky and Glass Prison
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cygnusx1jg

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »
1. Ytse Jam
2. Erotomania
3. SOC

Great instrumentals and gives James a break.

4. Root of All Evil
5. Speak to Me

'Cause I like 'em!
Hope is what remains to be seen. Now we must tend our garden.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »
Great thread, especially since the band will get the info.

1. Glass Prison. Just a great song live
2. Killing Hand. Amazing live classic
3. Burning my Soul. Been way too long since I've heard this live.

4. Cover my eyes. Accoustic seems better than electric for this song.

As an observation, I've been a fan since Awake and seen every album tour plus the QR tour, Gigantour, etc and DT has always been great about plating their catalog that there really isn't any bucket list song for me. The last one was Raise the Knife. Rush had Jacobs Ladder and the Camera Eye. So this was tough for me to answer.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2018, 07:49:24 PM »
1.) The Glass Prison
2.) Surrender to Reason
3.) In the Name of God
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2018, 11:11:22 PM »
1- Blind Faith
2- Count of Tuscany
3- Lines in the Sand

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2018, 03:31:05 AM »
1. in the presence of enemies
2. the glass prison
3. stream of consciousness

HM: forsaken, these walls

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »
1- Blind Faith
2- Count of Tuscany
3- Lines in the Sand

:tup
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »
1. Octavarium - my favourite dt song ,fan favourite and is rarely played live .
2. The count of Tuscany - just an overall great epic that hasn’t been played in North America in quite some time .
3.in the presence of enemies I & II - would be a great to hear these played live ,even as a medley .

Honourable mention :

Wither- would be somewhat of a different song in the set list which could allow us fans to “cleanse our pallets “ from the intense dt moments

Disappear - would plainly just like to hear it live

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
1. The Great Debate
2. The Bigger Picture
3. A Rite of Passage

I know ARoP is not well liked here from what I remember, but I think it would be really cool to see them play it live. It's just a solid rocker with a great chorus... I guess I could post that in the controversial opinion thread  :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
I know ARoP is not well liked here from what I remember, but I think it would be really cool to see them play it live. It's just a solid rocker with a great chorus... I guess I could post that in the controversial opinion thread :lol

Do it! :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2018, 11:31:15 PM »
The only song I could honestly post here for not having seen yet is 6:00. One of my favorites off of Awake and it's eluded me all these years.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline AikeaGuinea

« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »
The Glass Prison
Octavarium
Stream Of Consciousness

It would be cool to see Octavarium as an encore. They did that last tour with A Change Of Seasons, so Octavarium is quite a possibilty from here on out setlist speaking, and with this rumoured "DOT" being a spiritual sequel (or something like that), the possibilty of it being played is much more likely. Also with speculations, if they so happen to play Scenes in its entirety I predict the setlist structure would be something like this.

Set I:
TBA
TBA
Older Track
TBA
TBA
Older track
TBA
Older Track

Set II:
SFOAM

Encore:
Octavarium

Of course, everything is up to debate and specutations untill we hear and see the real deal in March. So stocked to be the first date of the DOT tour!!! I'll keep you guys up to date with the setlist on March 20 when the tour starts.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2018, 02:37:49 PM »
Octavarium
The Glass Prison
Eve (yes, I know that this will never, ever happen)
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »
The Glass Prison
Octavarium
Stream Of Consciousness

It would be cool to see Octavarium as an encore. They did that last tour with A Change Of Seasons, so Octavarium is quite a possibilty from here on out setlist speaking, and with this rumoured "DOT" being a spiritual sequel (or something like that), the possibilty of it being played is much more likely. Also with speculations, if they so happen to play Scenes in its entirety I predict the setlist structure would be something like this.

Set I:
TBA
TBA
Older Track
TBA
TBA
Older track
TBA
Older Track

Set II:
SFOAM

Encore:
Octavarium

Of course, everything is up to debate and specutations untill we hear and see the real deal in March. So stocked to be the first date of the DOT tour!!! I'll keep you guys up to date with the setlist on March 20 when the tour starts.

I would LOVE this setlist. Assuming all the songs in the first half flow well

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2018, 05:26:51 PM »
That's an incredibly long show. When I saw them on the original SFAM tour, they played the album, then did a three song encore of Peruvian Skies, Paradigm Shift and an I&W medley. You're looking at a good 1/5 to 2 hours before even getting to SFAM.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »
That's an incredibly long show. When I saw them on the original SFAM tour, they played the album, then did a three song encore of Peruvian Skies, Paradigm Shift and an I&W medley. You're looking at a good 1/5 to 2 hours before even getting to SFAM.

Well they gotta play the new stuff.....so, yes, it will be a long show.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »
Set 1:
1. New song
2. Voices
3. Only A Matter Of Time
4. New song
5. Lost Not Forgotten
6. Behind The Veil
7. New song
8. In The Name Of God

*INTERMISSION*

Set 2:
Scenes From A Memory

Encore:
New song (hopefully an "epic")

Offline AikeaGuinea

« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »

Well they gotta play the new stuff.....so, yes, it will be a long show.

Yeah, if it means fitting all Scenes From A Memory, a 70 minute set two is quite the feet. But, if I remember correctly, Set II on the Along For A Ride Tour exceeded or went close to the 70-minute mark with the Second-Half of Awake + Illumination Theory. How long was Set I??? 60 Mins if remember correctly. Let's speculate the new DT albums song lengths equal that of the self-titled except the 20-minute epic. A 60 minute Set I, a 70 minute plus set II, and finally a 24-minute encore seems reasonable; not too shabby. If of course, SFAM gets played in its entirety, which is extremely likely, to be honest. They did a 20 minute set for its 15th anniversary, it would be a missed opportunity not celebrating a career-defining album on its 20th anniversary. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. My setlist chart is based on DTs current setlist tendencies, and to my eyes, this is prob the setlist we're getting (excluding Octavarium).

Offline AikeaGuinea

« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2018, 07:25:33 PM »
Set 1:
1. New song
2. Voices
3. Only A Matter Of Time
4. New song
5. Lost Not Forgotten
6. Behind The Veil
7. New song
8. In The Name Of God

*INTERMISSION*

Set 2:
Scenes From A Memory

Encore:
New song (hopefully an "epic")

Ahhh this is good one! In The Name of God! I feel Breaking All Illusions will have to be somewhere on the setlist. It's such a great track, and an awesome Set I closer. It would be nice to see a classic close Set I like In The Name of God though.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2018, 08:57:14 PM »
I’d love to see this:

New Song
The Glass Prison
The Enemy Inside
New Song
New Song
New Song
Lines In The Sand or Outcry
New Song

SFAM

Octavarium

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
Off topic somewhat but IMO if set 2 is dedicated to SFAM then the Encore simply HAS to be Metropolis Part 1. Even if it has been played time and time again.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2018, 01:21:57 AM »
1. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (does that count? 😆). It's a masterpiece. I obviously understand why they split it up but that has definitely caused people to overlook the song as a whole. I'm really glad they kept it as 1 track on Score and if I could see it played live in it's entirety, one if my dreams as a fan would come true.

2. Octavarium - other than Six Degrees, I think this is DTs most diverse song. Musically it takes me on a journey and it's a journey that I really love. It's strange, it literally makes me feel like I'm moving through physical space. Like the song is a destination where I have fond memories. I don't see any of their other songs in a visual sense like I do with this track. Would be another dream come true as a fan.

3. The Count Of Tuscany - the song has much energy and beauty. I just hope that if I ever get to see it live they fix the tempo of the click at the end - I've seen videos of then playing it live with MM and that ending seems so slow which creates a lack of energy and kind of sucks the emotion out of the most emotional part.

Honorable mention

4. These Walls - this song rips live. I've seen them play it twice and both times it was a concert highlight for me.

5. The Great Debate - a song I wasn't particularly fond of until I saw it live. This is another one of those songs that every fan needs to see live. It's fantastic.
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Eroma

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2018, 03:31:09 AM »
The glass prison (blame myself for it, but never experienced that song live)
Stream of consciousness (give James a break and let us enjoy the epic ending)
Breaking all Illusions (never get enough of that song)
------------------------------
I like the idea of the last tour: a mix of songs from different albums then a complete album (Scenes in this case)
and a grand finale:
Octavarium.

I'd go hope happy  :P

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2018, 05:57:33 AM »
The Killing Hand
Eve
Don't Look Past Me

I realise they played DLPM last tour, but it was only like 3 shows, and only in the USA. I'd like to see it as a regular on a tour. Killing Hand is a top 3 DT song for me, so I'd LOVE to see that. Eve is just really great, and they haven't played it regularly since I&W, haven't played it at all since FII... It'd be great to see. :)

I'd put Lines In The Sand and In The Presence Of Enemies in my honourable mentions. Lines In The Sand was played by Sons Of Apollo recently, so while it's still on the bucket list to hear DT play live, there are others that are more immediate. Presence Of Enemies is just a fun one that I'd love to hear, which I think is an unlikely one.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2018, 06:36:54 AM »
1. The Glass Prison

Absolute monster of a song, long overdue for a comeback. This is my number 1 pick by a considerable margin and will be until such time it finally gets played again.

2. The Killing Hand

One of my favourite early-era DT songs that I am yet to experience in a live setting. I particularly like the version that's on WD&DR but I appreciate all the other slightly different versions that exist, such as LATM and the version that's on one of the '96 bootlegs (during the FII tour).

3. A New Beginning

Mainly because I'd like to hear it live in a standalone context, I think it's one of the few songs on the Astonishing with the potential to work just as well by itself, especially with that killer outro solo.

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
1. The Great Debate
2. The Bigger Picture
3. A Rite of Passage

I know ARoP is not well liked here from what I remember, but I think it would be really cool to see them play it live. It's just a solid rocker with a great chorus... I guess I could post that in the controversial opinion thread  :lol

I just listened to The Great Debate last night, from Happy Holidays. Wow! That song translates to a live version really well. James is great and Jordan's intro is extended from the studio version, and excellent. Good Choice!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
The Killing Hand
Eve
Don't Look Past Me

I realise they played DLPM last tour, but it was only like 3 shows, and only in the USA. I'd like to see it as a regular on a tour. Killing Hand is a top 3 DT song for me, so I'd LOVE to see that. Eve is just really great, and they haven't played it regularly since I&W, haven't played it at all since FII... It'd be great to see. :)

I continue to be baffled by the infatuation with Eve and DLPM.  DLPM did NOT work well when they did it last year, and it wasn't received well.  Hence why they stopped playing it (and it was a reject pile song anyway).  Eve was, for all intents and purposes, a Kevin Moore solo piece, and I'd be shocked if they ever play it again.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
Yeah, Eve certainly is a "piece..."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
Yeah, Eve certainly is a "piece..."

I mean...it was fine as filler in those early shows -- and who doesn't like a good James Joyce moo-cow snippet? -- but I'd think we're more likely to hear "Vital Star" or "Two Far" (or maybe "Particle E. Motion").
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
1. The Great Debate
With an extended JR keyboard solo / intro!

2. Bridges in the Sky
For a big sing-along with lights shining on the crowd!

3. Octavarium
For the encore... if they're not too tired!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2018, 12:01:05 PM »
But given what they are planning

Touring with an opening act with, therefore, less time to play?
Playing the entire new album? (daring move, after The Astonishing)
Playing SFAM? (unlikely, they're not gonna become an anniversaries band)

Just want to revisit this now that I can say what they are doing.  MirrorMask won and didn't even know it!

Also, since people still keep suggesting songs, did you guys not pick up on the part where I said I already submitted the list from this thread to the band? 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:43 PM »
Off topic somewhat but IMO if set 2 is dedicated to SFAM then the Encore simply HAS to be Metropolis Part 1. Even if it has been played time and time again.

Or what about set 1 ending with Metropolis Part 1...Not my fave choice, but a nice lead in!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »
did you guys not pick up on the part where I said I already submitted the list from this thread to the band?
No, boss.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »
Also, since people still keep suggesting songs, did you guys not pick up on the part where I said I already submitted the list from this thread to the band?

I did, but it's too funny to see people not getting it :lol

And yay at me for guessing right! :coolio
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2018, 12:47:34 PM »
Maybe it's like that Arrested Development scene:

Michael: I don’t believe this. Did you guys not read the letter?
Narrator: None of them had read past the word “unfrozen.”

Also: will there be a difference in the Scenes From a Memory portions compared to the 2000 and 2005 performances? As in: will they be adding actors, stage props, videos? Will there be a live hypnotherapist?
(I'm asking because you wrote that now you can say.)