Author Topic: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?  (Read 16957 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Top 3 (or 5) songs you would like to see on the next tour?
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
About the setlist for the upcoming tour, and I know this isn’t going to happen, would love to see:

Set 1: DOT
Set 2: SFAM

Encore: Maybe a short song, since they would’ve just played two complete albums.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2018, 03:10:56 PM »
Learning to Live:  Aside from a brief segment in Smedley Wilcox (2007-2008 tour), I've never seen this one live, and it remains one of my favorite DT songs.
Great Debate:  Never seen this one live either, and I don't believe they've played it since their summer 2011 run
Peruvian Skies:  Would love to see this live, with them including a few bars from Pink Floyd and another few from Metallica.

Honorable mention: Sacrificed Sons. 
In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2018, 04:54:28 PM »
Also, since people still keep suggesting songs, did you guys not pick up on the part where I said I already submitted the list from this thread to the band?

I guess they didn't, and still aren't.. :lol

I thought you were changing the name of the thread once you posted the final results..

But yeah, I think most people that open a thread and comment on it have only read the title of it, and maybe the OP..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »
1. Blind Faith
2. In The Presence of Enemies
3. Misunderstood

HM:
4. Anna Lee
5. To Live Forever

I really would love to see Blind Faith, it's one of my favorite SDOIT songs.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
Also, since people still keep suggesting songs, did you guys not pick up on the part where I said I already submitted the list from this thread to the band?

Maybe you should update the thread title  :lol I jumped to the last page and posted my list, as many others are still doing. This was a really cool idea though, thanks for passing our suggestions along to the band.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2018, 08:18:39 PM »

Maybe you should update the thread title  :lol I jumped to the last page and posted my list, as many others are still doing. This was a really cool idea though, thanks for passing our suggestions along to the band.

I did the same thing :lol

Offline AikeaGuinea

« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
Read the Rolling Stone Interview, we're getting all SFAM in the setlist. Let's speculate the 3 to 4 older cuts that may end up on the first set or encore.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
Read the Rolling Stone Interview, we're getting all SFAM in the setlist. Let's speculate the 3 to 4 older cuts that may end up on the first set or encore.

I'd like them all to be MM era songs, honestly. At least, I hope there's no IAW tracks and that they play songs they never have with this lineup.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »
Never say never, but my best guess would be that on the next tour there won't be any song off Images and Words, and nor songs from The Astonishing either.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »
Never say never, but my best guess would be that on the next tour there won't be any song off Images and Words, and nor songs from The Astonishing either.

I'd really love if they snuck in a TA song, like those are short enough to sneak one in I'd think but you are probably correct.

Also, without hearing any of it, I dnt think I'd be against getting all of DOT but that seems really unlikely.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't include a TA song this tour.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't include a TA song this tour.

Well, they've played the entire album to mixed reactions. Then they went into the Images and Words tour, played two songs - the single and the closing song, dropping a third almost immediately - and then scrapped them for older I&W outtakes, and dropped them as well without bringing back the Astonishing song.

My gut feeling is that they'll leave aside the album because "it works better as a whole anyway". Then I'm a big fan of the album so if they'll prove me wrong, that's very, very fine with me.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2018, 01:43:43 PM »
Ugh. All of SFAM being played just made this an immediate pass for me. I know it's only one of the sets but I seriously have no interest in watching that album played in its entirety. We already have Metropolis 2000 and James sounds better there anyway. :(
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2018, 01:56:09 PM »
Ugh. All of SFAM being played just made this an immediate pass for me. I know it's only one of the sets but I seriously have no interest in watching that album played in its entirety. We already have Metropolis 2000 and James sounds better there anyway. :(

I don't know what ticket prices are like for you, but the local show in NJ for me has $25 tickets.  I'd say that's easily worth it for just the non SFAM set personally.  However the NYC show is not nearly as cheap so I'm not sure if that's the case near you.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »
Yeah, you should just stay away.  The other set is going to be a concept piece extolling the virtues of not using cart corrals.  I don't think it would be your thing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
My choices:

1. Anna Lee -- so simple, so moving. A nice addition to the set list to break up the metal, and give a nod to FII.

2. In the Name of God - I don't keep track of setlists, so not sure the last time it was played. But the last time I saw it was 2004 on the ToT tour. Love the song. Really powerful.

3. The Ytse Jam - 30th anniversary, the song that was your name sake, and what a great treat. Time to dust this one off and let it rip.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
Yeah, you should just stay away.  The other set is going to be a concept piece extolling the virtues of not using cart corrals.  I don't think it would be your thing.

herp a derp

If tix are cheap enough and I can make the date then maybe, I'm just not jazzed whatsoever about it, that's 80 minutes on its own. At least the new album will be out so I can just focus on that.

EDIT: my best friend wants to go so it looks like I'm going anyway. god damn it  :rollin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:12:55 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline genome

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »
1. Octavarium
2. The Glass Prison
3. The Count of Tuscany

Offline pg1067

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »

Hot damn!  I'm even more happy I jumped on the second row ticket.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
also if James wants to sing about not putting the carts back in the corrals he deserves another Myung Tackle

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »
Maybe in honor of DTF their stage set up for this tour will have shopping carts and cones on it. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2018, 05:11:25 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see SFAM in it's entirety except for TSCO, I am very, very tired of that song

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
Maybe in honor of DTF their stage set up for this tour will have shopping carts and cones on it.

I'm so triggered  :lol

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see SFAM in it's entirety except for TSCO, I am very, very tired of that song

I am too, but I’ll roll with it this time since it’s in the proper context.

Offline Bertie_Wooster

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
Speak to me

Raise the knife

Count of Tuscany

Ministry of lost souls

The great debate (without soundbites)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »
also if James wants to sing about not putting the carts back in the corrals he deserves another Myung Tackle

They should have a drawing of everyone who bought the M&G, and the winner gets to be tackled by JM.

I'm a bit tired of it independent of the album.  In context, though, it'll be great (albeit without the extended solo).

Speak to me

Raise the knife

Count of Tuscany

Ministry of lost souls

The great debate (without soundbites)

Except for TCOT, that's pretty much my anti-set list.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »

Greatest idea ever.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »

I agree, but only because:
1) I've seen SFAM played in full 4 times already
2) Would much rather see WDADU in full
3) Without MP on drums, it just won't be nearly as good
4) Like you said, JLB has seen better days.

Anyway, it's still a classic album (I mean it will certainly be better than sitting through TA :facepalm:) and I'm sure the first set and encore will be awesome.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
Anyway, since they're playing SFAM, they could end the show with a majestic live ending for Finally Free and then, as an excuse to catch some breath, have the outro of the album play as it is on the record.

And then since it all ends with a static noise, you know, since they're at it and they need a song to start the encore.............. ;D

Offline DTA

« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
Anyway, since they're playing SFAM, they could end the show with a majestic live ending for Finally Free and then, as an excuse to catch some breath, have the outro of the album play as it is on the record.

And then since it all ends with a static noise, you know, since they're at it and they need a song to start the encore.............. ;D

I would almost guarantee that TGP will be the encore. It's named all over this thread (for god knows what reason, the single most overrated song this band has ever written) and would fit in well with the ending of FF. After 2 full sets, I can't imagine anything much longer for an encore, if they actually even do one.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
TGP would make sense, but I really hope it isn't. I saw that song the first time they played it live (I think -- BB Kings back in January 2002), and a few times after, and while it is OK, I just don't need to see/hear it again.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2018, 02:46:13 PM »
Well, it's not a given they'll play the song, and they could play it elsewhere in the set. And coming off two sets one of which is an 80 minutes long album, it makes more sense and balance to have a single song, maybe an epic, as encore. But just imagine how cool it would be for people sitting over the Finally Free outro thinking "yeah, we all know it" and then the static goes on and on and you hear the little bell and FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »
Well, it's not a given they'll play the song, and they could play it elsewhere in the set. And coming off two sets one of which is an 80 minutes long album, it makes more sense and balance to have a single song, maybe an epic, as encore. But just imagine how cool it would be for people sitting over the Finally Free outro thinking "yeah, we all know it" and then the static goes on and on and you hear the little bell and FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Yeah, that would be epic.. :metal
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2018, 07:44:26 PM »

Agreed that would be epic. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »

Agreed that would be epic.

I would love that.  :)  I love The Glass Prison (and everything else from Six Degrees) and that would be a really cool end to the show.  I missed SFAM the first time around, so I'm very excited about this tour and am just fine with it being Mangini behind the kit. :)