Author Topic: Ticketmaster finally going down?  (Read 15631 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Ticketmaster finally going down?
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2022, 08:42:12 AM »
I should add since we've talked about this before in the concerts thread, that my experiences in 2022 were more in line with Kev.  Finding under face value tickets the day of show has been incredibly hard to come by.  I used to score $5 lawn tickets for my local summer shed, but last summer the best deals I could find were either live nation sales or via the box office to save on fees.  Stubhub/TM resales never seemed to dip below face value.  It certainly seemed like someone was eating the cost of these tickets, but I kind of doubt that on a mass scale so it just seemed odd to me.  Having said that, there may have been more luck to buy from an actual scalper outside the venue.
You go to more popular shows than I do. With the exception of Tool I don't go to many shows with a shot at selling out. Also, as I pointed out the cheaper prices are the day before the show, insofar as the scalpers go. Demand is obviously greater the day of.

This year we got Who tickets for far less than face ($24 including TT&L). Same story for the Stones. I bought proper tickets for Rammstein, but the scalpers were undercutting them. I can get floor seats for Puscifer in Tulsa tomorrow night for $47 all in, which is cheaper than face. Get-ins for Roger Waters a couple of weeks ago were dirt cheap.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »
I suspect they are bulletproof.  Some will make a lot of noise, but this will eventually die down and things will move on for them as always, sadly.  It does sound like Taylor and her team might have been behind the cancellation of today's general sale as they work with TM behind the scenes towards some type of resolution towards this mess, but who knows.
It depends on who's doing the shootin'. They're insulated from the fans and the artists by a landmark legal decision ages ago that says only direct customers have standing to sue a business. You and I aren't TM's customers. Neither is Pearl Jam. Their only customers are concert promoters who agree to use TM's service, and they have no interest in rocking the boat.

The DOJ, on the other hand, could conceivably blow their brains all over Elm St. JFK style. Not sure if it'd be right, and it'd probably not be the good thing that people think it would, but it is possible.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »
As a sidebar, as I get older, the wait it out approach is tricky, as there are days I just don't feel like going to a concert.  I went to Death Cab with two friends last month and all day I kept thinking, "I really don't feel like going to a concert tonight," but I went and was glad I did, as it was a great show.  Had it been a "I will buy the day of the concert" scenario, I likely wouldn't have gone.  So, buying ahead of time worked to my advantage.  Regarding the aforementioned Priest concert, I literally decided at like 6:45 pm that night that I wanted to go, jumped in my car, drove to the venue (20 minutes away), bought the ticket on the way in, and had a good time.  That was actually nice to go by myself (only my 2nd concert ever where I've done that), as I was able to work off my own time table verses going with friends where it becomes a whole evening thing, which is not a bad thing, but some nights I just want to hit the show and then go home.  Such is getting older. :lol  Okay, story time is over.
What a drag it is getting old.  :lol

I'm right there with you. "Do I really want to go and do this? Eh, I'm enjoying this game right now." Like you I tend to really enjoy myself when I do decide to head out, and more importantly, I always regret missing it when I decide not to bother. Still, it's a whole lot easier when I purchase tickets well in advance. That takes the decision making out of the equation.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
I'm actually very curious how next summer goes.  I bought a pre-sale ticket for Foreigner because I saw a seat for $50 (after fees) and if next summer is anything like last, I won't find a ticket for that price in the seats.  I've actually been trying to get in on pre-sales for any show I think will sell well because that seems to be the best price unless you can find someone offloading as the date gets closer. 

Funny enough, the cheapest resale ticket I got this year was via an AXS concert, not livenation.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2022, 09:07:10 AM »
I'm actually very curious how next summer goes.  I bought a pre-sale ticket for Foreigner because I saw a seat for $50 (after fees) and if next summer is anything like last, I won't find a ticket for that price in the seats.  I've actually been trying to get in on pre-sales for any show I think will sell well because that seems to be the best price unless you can find someone offloading as the date gets closer. 

Funny enough, the cheapest resale ticket I got this year was via an AXS concert, not livenation.
My experience with presales over the years has mostly been bad. That's just me, though. If I can get a great seat up close I'll jump on it, but otherwise I'll hold off until the general onsale, which is frequently far better than the presale, or put it off and watch how the market sorts things out.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »

My experience with presales over the years has mostly been bad. That's just me, though. If I can get a great seat up close I'll jump on it, but otherwise I'll hold off until the general onsale, which is frequently far better than the presale, or put it off and watch how the market sorts things out.

Well the general sale just went on and I checked, already can't find a seat as good as mine for that price.  They raised the prices already.  I used to be against buying so early, but my experiences lately with dynamic pricing seems to be that presale tickets are the lowest face value you'll find.  Of course you may be able to get a secondary market ticket for cheaper, but as I've said, it just hasn't been my experience at this venue lately so trying a different route to get the best value.  I'll have to remind myself next September to see if this played out well or not. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2022, 10:06:39 AM »

Well the general sale just went on and I checked, already can't find a seat as good as mine for that price.  They raised the prices already.  I used to be against buying so early, but my experiences lately with dynamic pricing seems to be that presale tickets are the lowest face value you'll find.  Of course you may be able to get a secondary market ticket for cheaper, but as I've said, it just hasn't been my experience at this venue lately so trying a different route to get the best value.  I'll have to remind myself next September to see if this played out well or not.
That's an excellent point. Dynamic pricing never really comes into play for the shows I see, so I haven't really accounted for that.

And you should check the secondary market before every show you see. It's fascinating, and being able to work the system is invaluable.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »
You go to more popular shows than I do. With the exception of Tool I don't go to many shows with a shot at selling out. Also, as I pointed out the cheaper prices are the day before the show, insofar as the scalpers go. Demand is obviously greater the day of.

This year we got Who tickets for far less than face ($24 including TT&L). Same story for the Stones. I bought proper tickets for Rammstein, but the scalpers were undercutting them. I can get floor seats for Puscifer in Tulsa tomorrow night for $47 all in, which is cheaper than face. Get-ins for Roger Waters a couple of weeks ago were dirt cheap.

I think that the fact that I rarely go to shows of artists super popular on a mainstream cycle is why the awfulness of TM hadn't bothered me much over the years, but this week has been a stark reminder.  Even though I got tickets, I feel bad for the many fans who either didn't or will have to pay a lot to the scalpers to go.

Regarding getting tickets the day of again, even though their new album isn't doing a lot for me, I still want to see Muse when they are here in a few months, but most seats worth a damn are $400+. That is one I will wait till the day of or before to see what is left and for how much.

I suspect they are bulletproof.  Some will make a lot of noise, but this will eventually die down and things will move on for them as always, sadly.  It does sound like Taylor and her team might have been behind the cancellation of today's general sale as they work with TM behind the scenes towards some type of resolution towards this mess, but who knows.
It depends on who's doing the shootin'. They're insulated from the fans and the artists by a landmark legal decision ages ago that says only direct customers have standing to sue a business. You and I aren't TM's customers. Neither is Pearl Jam. Their only customers are concert promoters who agree to use TM's service, and they have no interest in rocking the boat.

The DOJ, on the other hand, could conceivably blow their brains all over Elm St. JFK style. Not sure if it'd be right, and it'd probably not be the good thing that people think it would, but it is possible.

Yep, if the promoters are making money, they aren't going to rock the boat, and I suspect most of them are doing just fine.  It is a more of a tough go post-pandemic, but you don't stay in business long if you are losing money, and the promoters who keep it going will likely rake it in while thanking TM in their heads.

As a sidebar, as I get older, the wait it out approach is tricky, as there are days I just don't feel like going to a concert.  I went to Death Cab with two friends last month and all day I kept thinking, "I really don't feel like going to a concert tonight," but I went and was glad I did, as it was a great show.  Had it been a "I will buy the day of the concert" scenario, I likely wouldn't have gone.  So, buying ahead of time worked to my advantage.  Regarding the aforementioned Priest concert, I literally decided at like 6:45 pm that night that I wanted to go, jumped in my car, drove to the venue (20 minutes away), bought the ticket on the way in, and had a good time.  That was actually nice to go by myself (only my 2nd concert ever where I've done that), as I was able to work off my own time table verses going with friends where it becomes a whole evening thing, which is not a bad thing, but some nights I just want to hit the show and then go home.  Such is getting older. :lol  Okay, story time is over.
What a drag it is getting old.  :lol

I'm right there with you. "Do I really want to go and do this? Eh, I'm enjoying this game right now." Like you I tend to really enjoy myself when I do decide to head out, and more importantly, I always regret missing it when I decide not to bother. Still, it's a whole lot easier when I purchase tickets well in advance. That takes the decision making out of the equation.

Amen to that.  *cues the Rolling Stones tune*

:hat :hat

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2022, 10:36:21 AM »

Regarding getting tickets the day of again, even though their new album isn't doing a lot for me, I still want to see Muse when they are here in a few months, but most seats worth a damn are $400+. That is one I will wait till the day of or before to see what is left and for how much.
Good tickets are where you often hit a dead end. Looking at that show, that might not be the case here, though. Get-ins will be dirt cheap. I suspect you could score a ticket to that for $25 all-in. Beyond that, doesn't look like that many people are interested as there are still massive amounts of tickets left. They're playing a venue too big for their draw, by the looks of it. And, scalpers have gone all in. Look for people with blocks of 8 tickets and you'll see what I mean. You got people selling tickets in 103 for barely above face right now, and they're holding a lot of them. Day before the show is likely to be a bloodbath for the brokers. Also, given the lack of interest, floor tickets probably won't be bad at all. I get not wanting to do GA in a huge crowd, but the huge crowd isn't likely to be all that bad. Lots of options for that one.

(See what I mean about studying how these things play out?)
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2022, 10:39:55 AM »

Good tickets are where you often hit a dead end. Looking at that show, that might not be the case here, though. Get-ins will be dirt cheap. I suspect you could score a ticket to that for $25 all-in. Beyond that, doesn't look like that many people are interested as there are still massive amounts of tickets left. They're playing a venue too big for their draw, by the looks of it. And, scalpers have gone all in. Look for people with blocks of 8 tickets and you'll see what I mean. You got people selling tickets in 103 for barely above face right now, and they're holding a lot of them. Day before the show is likely to be a bloodbath for the brokers. Also, given the lack of interest, floor tickets probably won't be bad at all. I get not wanting to do GA in a huge crowd, but the huge crowd isn't likely to be all that bad. Lots of options for that one.

Haha, yep, for sure!  There is an advantage to seeing artists whose shows will not sell out.

Also, for anyone still following the TS/Ticketmaster thing, she released a statement (below).  Reading between the lines, it's obvious that there is nothing she can do to rectify what has happened, which I know will piss some off, but she is just one person.  It will take a lot more than just one massively popular musician to take down an entity as big and popular as TM.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2022, 10:55:52 AM »
An interesting thing about TM's statement. They said massive demand and insufficient inventory to meet that demand, they're cancelling the public sale. They didn't say there weren't any left. Only that there weren't enough to put people through more bear attacks. They also didn't say they weren't selling them, but only the initial onsale was off. They're sitting on tickets that they never put up for sale. Possibly tons of them. Sometime in the next few months they're quietly going release them here and there. Day of the show will probably see a lot of them thrown out. It'll be hard to beat the scalpers, but people will be able to score tickets to the thing.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2022, 11:28:08 AM »

The Muse show is another good example of what I'm talking about with presale.  My gf wanted to go (and I've never seen Muse or Evenescence) and figuring that show at MSG would be expensive, I snagged presale tickets for $115 per seat.  Now the cheapest face value is $195 in the same section (the cheapest overall are $140 with limited side view).  It's possible you could score cheaper tickets from scalpers, but I'm not sold on it.  I'll definitely be checking back and seeing if my theory holds true for some of these shows. I just go to too many concerts to not try my best to get the best value.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2022, 11:46:29 AM »
^^ Looking at the Muse shows at LA and Anaheim, there's some decent-view nosebleed seats at around $80-100.  The LA show is on AXS (as the arena is the building formerly known as Staples Center, AEG-owned) and the Anaheim show is on Ticketmaster.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2022, 12:04:15 PM »
An interesting thing about TM's statement. They said massive demand and insufficient inventory to meet that demand, they're cancelling the public sale. They didn't say there weren't any left. Only that there weren't enough to put people through more bear attacks. They also didn't say they weren't selling them, but only the initial onsale was off. They're sitting on tickets that they never put up for sale. Possibly tons of them. Sometime in the next few months they're quietly going release them here and there. Day of the show will probably see a lot of them thrown out. It'll be hard to beat the scalpers, but people will be able to score tickets to the thing.

And then people will bitch that they didn't know about new tickets being available, after TM makes them available at like 2:20 in the afternoon on a random Monday, as word will spread like wildfire through Twitter that tickets are suddenly available and the traffic shuts down the site again.  :lol :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2022, 02:09:14 PM »
Well  :corn

https://deadline.com/2022/11/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-live-nation-justice-department-1235176199/

I doubt much will come from it, but it will be entertaining to follow.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2022, 02:15:42 PM »
 :corn :corn :corn :corn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2022, 02:20:11 PM »
Not to dig too deep into this angle, but I suspect that it helps that a Democrat is in the WH right now, as I saw that the CEO of Live Nation once donated a shit ton of money to Trump, so a Democrat's DOJ is far more likely to be on board with this than a Republican's.  I would imagine it is more window dressing than anything, but if any substantial and positive changes come out of it, we fans can all take the bread crumbs as a tinny tiny win, I suppose.  I won't hold my breath, however.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2022, 11:09:58 AM »
I'm feeling pretty grateful that the biggest band I love is Rush, and while it did become more difficult to get "good" seats towards the end, it was certainly never anything like this.

I always felt like I needed a shower after wasting almost an entire day throwing Rush tickets back waiting for seats I could at least live with for their each leg of their last 4 tours. They were the last band I would endure that for.  Passed on Roger Waters and King Crimson even though it's possible that I won't have the chance to see them live again. I've been done with Ticketmaster for years. There are shows I've missed  because of it but I had to draw the line.   I have front row seats (behind a row of tables) in about a week to see Jordan Rudess and I had them in 30 seconds. Done. If I have to deal with ticketmaster. I wait until almost showtime and if I find something I like I'll take it. If not, I won't.

I got that 2 for 1 Live Nation offer too. Nobody on that list I would even remotely consider seeing. It is what it is.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »
Not to dig too deep into this angle, but I suspect that it helps that a Democrat is in the WH right now, as I saw that the CEO of Live Nation once donated a shit ton of money to Trump, so a Democrat's DOJ is far more likely to be on board with this than a Republican's.  I would imagine it is more window dressing than anything, but if any substantial and positive changes come out of it, we fans can all take the bread crumbs as a tinny tiny win, I suppose.  I won't hold my breath, however.

Actually, I believe the Obama administration approved of the merger because the heads of Live Nation and Ticketmaster were large Dem donors. I just read an article on it. The Trump admin actually sought to make changes to the LNE agreement, but they didn't end up being all that substantial.

EDIT:
Here it is...Tank The Tech did a video on it that I watched this morning. He's reading from something Robert Reich wrote.
https://youtu.be/5BdqHObDlDY?t=44
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 04:06:23 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2022, 05:10:59 PM »
I'm feeling pretty grateful that the biggest band I love is Rush, and while it did become more difficult to get "good" seats towards the end, it was certainly never anything like this.

I always felt like I needed a shower after wasting almost an entire day throwing Rush tickets back waiting for seats I could at least live with for their each leg of their last 4 tours. They were the last band I would endure that for.  Passed on Roger Waters and King Crimson even though it's possible that I won't have the chance to see them live again. I've been done with Ticketmaster for years. There are shows I've missed  because of it but I had to draw the line.   I have front row seats (behind a row of tables) in about a week to see Jordan Rudess and I had them in 30 seconds. Done. If I have to deal with ticketmaster. I wait until almost showtime and if I find something I like I'll take it. If not, I won't.

I'll use Ticketmaster - I'd prefer something else but if the show I want to see is through TM, I'm ok with using it.  I almost always wait until the last minute for seated venues anyway, unless I get really lucky on a presale. With Rush it was usually day of the show.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2022, 05:20:32 PM »

Actually, I believe the Obama administration approved of the merger because the heads of Live Nation and Ticketmaster were large Dem donors. I just read an article on it. The Trump admin actually sought to make changes to the LNE agreement, but they didn't end up being all that substantial.

EDIT:
Here it is...Tank The Tech did a video on it that I watched this morning. He's reading from something Robert Reich wrote.
https://youtu.be/5BdqHObDlDY?t=44
I like Tank, and I don't think he had any ill intent, but that was a pretty awful video, and I think he was outside of his wheelhouse there. He knows a great deal about various aspects of the touring industry, but not the entirety of it. Honestly, if you watch that video with an eye towards critical thinking it comes off as pretty bad. He was pretty much putting on a clinic on using language to mislead.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2022, 05:49:45 PM »
Bart, I only served it up because it was topical, and I had just watched it today.
Honestly, I find his videos big teases because he never really says anything. He's actually boring as shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2022, 06:07:46 PM »
The guy is wearing his hat backwards, therefore I cannot take him seriously about anything.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2022, 06:09:36 PM »
The guy is wearing his hat backwards, therefore I cannot take him seriously about anything.

I'm sure you feel the same way about Yadier Molina.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2023, 05:56:46 AM »
I doubt anything significant will change after yesterday's Senate hearing, but I have to admit I chuckled at the handful of times a Senator dropped a Taylor Swift lyric into their dialogue at the hearing. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjX-2aQL8FI

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2023, 06:42:35 AM »
1st AXS now Ticketmaster

So, there is no ability to buy specific tickets online anymore if they don't meet the algorythm set in place to avoid single tickets unsold right away.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006541253-Why-can-t-I-leave-a-single-seat-

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.gt;-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`gt;--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,lt;`.._|_,-;``................`\..............

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2023, 06:52:27 AM »
1st AXS now Ticketmaster

So, there is no ability to buy specific tickets online anymore if they don't meet the algorythm set in place to avoid single tickets unsold right away.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006541253-Why-can-t-I-leave-a-single-seat-

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.gt;-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,lt;`.._|_,-;``................`\..............

I manipulated the system for this before. It is really annoying though.

Not sure how many tickets you are trying to buy, but I went to purchase 2 tickets, and there were 3 available together. Every time I tried to buy it it old me I was leaving a seat stranded. So I opened a separate incognito browser, pretended I was going to buy a single ticket from the 3 (so the system will hold it and take it off the market while you purchase). Then I went back to my main browser and bought the 2 remaining seats, since the other seat disappeared.

Annoying, but it works.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2023, 07:09:08 AM »
Genius!  (Seriously).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2023, 08:02:08 AM »
Great idea

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2023, 08:05:13 AM »

Not sure how many tickets you are trying to buy, but I went to purchase 2 tickets, and there were 3 available together. Every time I tried to buy it it old me I was leaving a seat stranded. So I opened a separate incognito browser, pretended I was going to buy a single ticket from the 3 (so the system will hold it and take it off the market while you purchase). Then I went back to my main browser and bought the 2 remaining seats, since the other seat disappeared.

Annoying, but it works.

Great minds...

I've done that a couple times myself. Slick move.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2023, 08:43:28 AM »
1st AXS now Ticketmaster

Annoying, but it works.

ah, yeah that makes sense. I ended up buying 2 tickets in the row behind the row I was trying to. Sucks, but it was only 1 row back. But I will definitely keep that in mind at the point I'm buying tickets from TM or Axs or another site. I'd prefer/tend to try and avoid buying tickets online if I can, but most tickets of course sadly, that is the only way to buy them. Especially if the concert/event is in town. Out-of-town shows I dont plan to travel and take a chance to buy at a venue since I'm already traveling, planning, etc.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2023, 09:31:59 AM »
Ticketmaster is doing it again. The Cure purposely set prices low for their upcoming tour and TM swooped in and messed it all up. I saw a post by someone that showed the price breakdown where they bought 4 tickets at $20 each, so $80. After fees the total was $172. Yes, the service fees totaled more than $20 per ticket, or more than an actual ticket cost.

Robert Smith is pissed, to say the least. I would be too.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Deathless

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2023, 09:42:40 AM »
Ticketmaster is doing it again. The Cure purposely set prices low for their upcoming tour and TM swooped in and messed it all up. I saw a post by someone that showed the price breakdown where they bought 4 tickets at $20 each, so $80. After fees the total was $172. Yes, the service fees totaled more than $20 per ticket, or more than an actual ticket cost.

Robert Smith is pissed, to say the least. I would be too.

I bought tickets to another show here in Charlotte at an amphitheater and this is the breakdown from TM. The seats are at the very back of the seated area on an aisle:

Tickets $49 X 2

Fees:
$5.36 (order processing fee) X 2
$15.70 (Service fee) X 2
$1.14 tax (X2)

So for $95 tickets I'm paying $145 lol. Absolutely f*cking ridiculous. And it won't change.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2023, 09:56:39 AM »
I suspect that's going to be their base minimum. They never expected anybody in 2023 to sell tickets for $20/ea, so it looks huger than it relatively is. It'd probably be the exact same fees if they were $75/ea and that'd be a little under 33%, which is typically the norm. My hunch is that the service fees are a percentage above a certain point, and below that it's just a flat fee ($15.7).

And I'll say again, even if The Cure could have used a different ticketing agency, the fees would probably be about the same, and there's no guarantee the service was anybody. TM honestly is better than their competitors.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2023, 10:20:41 AM »
Right, the entire industry is corrupt, so the screw job is happening whether it comes from TM or someone else.  That is the unfortunate reality.

Also, Barto, you ought to be feeling smart now.  As you predicted, a lot of the tickets still available on StubHub for this weekend's first two Taylor Swift concerts have come way down.