Author Topic: False Awakening Suite as background music in a TV show!  (Read 2179 times)

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
False Awakening Suite as background music in a TV show!
« on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »
This argentinian TV show is using FAS for a particular section that involves a "black ball" (like in DT12's cover) for over a year now.. Just have to post it here..

Hopefully now there are vids of that section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1J7PWeDE0I&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMApW3RnUag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gCFo3ABNE&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKMmzaTfbU

Does anyone know another example of something like this?..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: False Awakening Suite as background music in a TV show!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »
Of False Awakening Suite being used in Argentinian TV shows?  Not off the top of my head, no.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
Long ago a preparatory course to university entrance exams in Brazil used LitS as ST in their commercials, never thought I'd see it on TV  :lol
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:54:56 PM by lucasembarbosa »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
Haha. His fail at the kazoo.

That's pretty cool though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Portions of the "Crimson Sunrise" and "Darkest of Winters" sections of ACoS were used in an NBC teaser segment to promote downhill skiing at the 2002 Winter Olympics.  It's pretty easy to find on YouTube.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »
This argentinian TV show is using FAS for a particular section that involves a "black ball" (like in DT12's cover) for over a year now..
Mirá, che...

¡Hasta Tinelli y el Maipo no paran!  :P

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 04:36:36 PM »
Of False Awakening Suite being used in Argentinian TV shows?  Not off the top of my head, no.

Long explanation for eveyone else: Does anyone know another example of a Dream Theater song being played as the background music in any TV show that has ever existed?..

Portions of the "Crimson Sunrise" and "Darkest of Winters" sections of ACoS were used in an NBC teaser segment to promote downhill skiing at the 2002 Winter Olympics.  It's pretty easy to find on YouTube.

Yeah, right!.. I forgot about it, there was a post of that one no long ago IIRC..

This argentinian TV show is using FAS for a particular section that involves a "black ball" (like in DT12's cover) for over a year now..
Mirá, che...

¡Hasta Tinelli y el Maipo no paran!  :P

:lol

In fact, now that I remember, he used the start of "Universal Mind" for an ad of his show like say 10 years ago..

Me parece que al cuervo botón le gusta Dream..  :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

Long explanation for eveyone else: Does anyone know another example of a Dream Theater song being played as the background music in any TV show that has ever existed?

If that is the question, there is already a thread for this.  But in any case, other than the example already mentioned, the only other one I recall is a few songs being used for San Antonio Spurs games (their music guy in their arena is a DT fan and regularly plays DT songs--or at least used to).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline PetFish

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 08:24:07 PM »
Not a TV show but ACoS was used for the downhill ski event promo for the 2002 Winter Olympics narrated by Bob Costas.  It's easy to find on Youtube.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 04:52:11 AM »
Some tracks from Scenes From a Memory were used for the soundtrack of Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks.

Offline jadiggerdt

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 05:14:16 AM »
   Innocence Faded was played in a norwegian sports gala show with over 1 mill viewers.  :hefdaddy

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 07:21:56 AM »
Not a TV show but ACoS was used for the downhill ski event promo for the 2002 Winter Olympics narrated by Bob Costas.  It's easy to find on Youtube.

Actually, someone already posted this a few comments before.. Oddly enough, two posts end with almost the exact same sentence.. :lol

Some tracks from Scenes From a Memory were used for the soundtrack of Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks.

Yeah, that was the one I did remember..

Innocence Faded was played in a norwegian sports gala show with over 1 mill viewers.  :hefdaddy

:o  That's great!..

Offline pg1067

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »

I seem to recall reading that somewhere....

other than the example already mentioned, the only other one I recall is a few songs being used for San Antonio Spurs games (their music guy in their arena is a DT fan and regularly plays DT songs--or at least used to).

I'm not sure if I've posted this here before (I know I posted it at the Portnoy forums):  In March 2000, when I was in law school, I interviewed for a clerkship position with a federal judge in Manhattan.  I took that opportunity to go to a NY Rangers game.  When the Rangers took the ice right before the start of the game, they played the beginning of Overture 1928.  It was really cool, and I assume it wasn't just a one-time thing.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gm5k

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »
Again not a tv show, but DT used to constantly get played at San Antonio Spurs games.  Was usually Metropolis or Lines in the Sand.  Always thought it was pretty cool to have two of my favorite things combined into one experience.  Ah the Spurs big 3 days...

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
I heard TMOLS once in a Finnish nature sport tv-program. Was really weird.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 10:51:42 PM »
I'm not sure if I've posted this here before (I know I posted it at the Portnoy forums):  In March 2000, when I was in law school, I interviewed for a clerkship position with a federal judge in Manhattan.  I took that opportunity to go to a NY Rangers game.  When the Rangers took the ice right before the start of the game, they played the beginning of Overture 1928.  It was really cool, and I assume it wasn't just a one-time thing.

Actually I think that's somewhere on youtube too.. I saw it a while ago, a marching band played the intro IIRC..

I suppose they use the instrumental section.. If not, that's beyond creepy..  :lol

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »

I suppose they use the instrumental section.. If not, that's beyond creepy..  :lol

No, intro.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »
Creepy.. :lol