Author Topic: Do you put your restaurant dishes back in the dishwasher?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline DarkChestOfWonders

• The Slayer
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Resident Nightwish fanatic
Do you put your restaurant dishes back in the dishwasher?
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:18:03 AM »
Made a comment on a relative's Facebook post about (in general) lazy bastards who eat out at restaurants leaving their dirty plates on the table instead of walking them over to the kitchen and putting them in the dishwasher. If you can order your food, make the poor server bring it to you on a plate, and eat off of said plate...you can drag the empty plate a few extra feet. Yes, you are a lazy bastard if you don't do that, and you should admit it. Well, a friend of said relative admitted she is too lazy to put them up, but was apparently deeply offended by my comment...

So, fess up. Do you do the right thing, or do you leave plates out to roll around and damage people's lives?  :biggrin:
\"thats Mr McDogwick to you.  (...come back after nine. bring LOTS of leather.)\"  ~Sabredog.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Do you put your restaurant dishes back in the dishwasher?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:20:48 AM »
No I do not. In fact, I collect as many empty or used plates as possible, put them in a shopping cart, bring them all to my car and leave the cart wherever I damn well please.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
I've never eaten at a restaurant where this is even an option. The closest thing is a fast food place where you just leave your tray on top of the garbage can.

If you can order your food, make the poor server bring it to you on a plate, and eat off of said plate.

That's the social contract. I voluntarily walk into this place looking to be served food at an inflated cost in exchange for that person, who voluntarily accepted the job, to bring me food in exchange for currency. The whole purpose of their profession is to prepare tables for eating and to bring food to patrons sitting there. I have zero remorse for leaving my plates at the table. That's the point of eating out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:41:44 AM by Chino »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:26:40 AM »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:28:51 AM »
What an odd question.

I'm not sure I've ever been to a restaurant that allowed you to go in the kitchen, much less have access to the dishwasher.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:30:26 AM »
No I do not. In fact, I collect as many empty or used plates as possible, put them in a shopping cart, bring them all to my car and leave the cart wherever I damn well please.

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 08:30:41 AM »
...guys....really?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 08:31:10 AM »
What an odd question.

I'm not sure I've ever been to a restaurant that allowed you to go in the kitchen, much less have access to the dishwasher.

well yeah, this
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »
(To Chino):  Exactly.

I'm thinking this is sort of a faux-clever way of making an equivalency out of something that isn't equivalent.  But if we want to play along, yeah, when I'm at Burger King or the Golden Corral Buffet, or Ikea, yeah, I bus my own table.  Sometimes I'll even wipe the table off when I'm done.    And the other night, when I was at my local restaurant - that does have full service, by the way - and my grandson left a pile of half-chewed chicken and fries on the floor around his seat, I bent down and picked them up, wrapped them in a napkin and saved them for his snack later put it on the table.  I'm being dead serious. 

I'll go one further:  when I'm at a concert, or movie theater, I pick up my trash when I'm done and throw it away (though to be fair, I rarely if ever eat at a concert, and it's only popcorn and water at a movie).   I went to see The Incredibles II with my daughter and son, and my daughter turned to me as we were walking out and said "Dad, this looks like a crime scene".    When I was coming out the door, the cleaning crew was standing there waiting to go in, and I made it a point of letting the first kid see the trash we were throwing away and I said "I did my part; I'm sorry you have to deal with that.  Some of these people are animals." He laughed and the kid behind him said "Sir, you have no idea, but thank you for noticing."   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
What an odd question.

Legally, you probably can't. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:23 AM »
What an odd question.

This.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »
Hey, since we're on the subject, when you guys are in the hospital for emergency surgery, do you do the right thing and perform your own bowel resections?  Or are you a lazy f*** and let the doctor do all your work for you? 

:)

Online Adami

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 08:37:25 AM »
Hey, since we're on the subject, when you guys are in the hospital for emergency surgery, do you do the right thing and perform your own bowel resections?  Or are you a lazy f*** and let the doctor do all your work for you? 

:)

This I can answer. I don't perform my own surgeries, but I do go around to all the rooms and perform surgeries on other people. Admittedly, they don't turn out well....for anyone, but at least I'm doing my part. You know?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:40 AM »
Do you wash your hair before you get a hair cut?

Do you brush your teeth before visiting the dentist?

Do you courtesy flush?

Online Adami

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »

Do you courtesy flush?

Do you disagree with Stadler before he's even said anything? Hell yes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
I don't even use the dishwasher in my apartment. Been here for 2.5 years and didn't even remember I had one until 6 months after moving in. Hand wash for life. Dishwashers never get them clean enough, I don't trust them. I'm also a stickler for getting every last bit of soap/suds off the dishes and I don't get that assurance with the machines. I might waste a little more water but it's so worth it. Something very cathartic about washing dishes to me, put on a little music, get the hot soapy water, good times.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
I don't even use the dishwasher in my apartment. Been here for 2.5 years and didn't even remember I had one until 6 months after moving in. Hand wash for life. Dishwashers never get them clean enough, I don't trust them.

I'm a lazy fuck #dishwasherlover

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »
I don't even use the dishwasher in my apartment. Been here for 2.5 years and didn't even remember I had one until 6 months after moving in. Hand wash for life. Dishwashers never get them clean enough, I don't trust them.

I'm a lazy fuck #dishwasherlover

You know what I'm really lazy about? Cleaning the oven. Fuck that. :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 09:14:33 AM »
cleaning the over? never done that before lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 09:16:45 AM »

I had to once after I tried getting a pizza out of the oven and dropped it straight onto the bottom. Only after I managed to scrape it out did I realize how filthy the bottom of the oven was and had to clean it in the event that I dropped a pizza again  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »

I had to once after I tried getting a pizza out of the oven and dropped it straight onto the bottom. Only after I managed to scrape it out did I realize how filthy the bottom of the oven was and had to clean it in the event that I dropped a pizza again  :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
Good joke thread.  Self serve restaurants.  I always take my dishes in the back, wash them and put them in the dishwasher.  Right after I get my own drinks, prepare my meal and bring it out to myself.  I also leave myself a nice tip.  However, it stops there if I have to use the restroom.  I let the manager do that for me. :p

I'll have to admit.  I've never cleaned an over either.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »

Do you courtesy flush?

Yes, yes, and yes.  Seriously, because of my "Social footprintTM and because I don't want to be the guy that the dental hygienists and hair stylists talk about after I leave (did you see the grease in that guy's hair?  Did you smell that guy's breath??).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »

Do you courtesy flush?

- Yes

- Yes

- Depends who's in the stall next to me 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »
Awesome thread   :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
 :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »
Um, no one has yet mentioned the existence of busboys....

And to seriously ponder this, that food better be cheap as fuck for me to justify the elimination of not only the busboy job but the dishdog as well. I think my union would certainly have a thing or two to say about that.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
This thread went exactly where I thought it would go.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline pg1067

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 11:05:25 AM »
This thread wins the day!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »
You guys have heard of self cleaning nuclear ovens right?  Cut that bad boy on, file off the protective metal piece that locks the oven door during cleaning, and you've got yourself a clean oven and a 600-650 degree pizza oven that will give you crack-crispy crust to go with your cracker-crispy house.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:23 PM »
Well...all I can say is a day that has made little sense to this point now makes even less.  :justjen
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:25 PM »
You guys have heard of self cleaning nuclear ovens right?  Cut that bad boy on, file off the protective metal piece that locks the oven door during cleaning, and you've got yourself a clean oven and a 600-650 degree pizza oven that will give you crack-crispy crust to go with your cracker-crispy house.

Yeah, but I don't have one of those, and I'm in an apartment. Also I don't understand how an oven cleans itself, so, there's that.  :lol

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »

Yeah, but I don't have one of those, and I'm in an apartment. Also I don't understand how an oven cleans itself, so, there's that.  :lol

Ex-employees of Lonestar's establishment have been berated so much that they now live as oven-gnomes that silently come to the homes of our fine forum residents and skillfully clean those baked and caked microbiology experiments with lemon scented tears... hoping against hope to one day make it back into the good graces of our resident Chef de Cuisine. 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
This must be Tim's fake account.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC