Author Topic: Looking for an old Twilight Zone-type show/episode  (Read 804 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Looking for an old Twilight Zone-type show/episode
« on: August 24, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »
I've been scouring the Internet the last few days. I am at a loss, I can't find anything on this. Years ago I woke up in the middle of the night and caught some rerun of an old black and white show on TV, I can't remember the channel, the name of the show, or even the episode. More on the title at the end.

It was a horror/mystery type of anthology show, similar to Twilight Zone. The episode took place in this family's house. I think there was a storm outside? Possibly a snowstorm. I think the parents were warning the kids not to go outside or open the doors or anything, otherwise 'it' will get you. I'm pretty sure they called it... 'the grizzle' or the 'gribbel' or something along those lines. One word, pretty sure it started with G, maybe D. At the end of the episode the monster showed up and I'm pretty sure it actually got the family. The name of the episode was the same as the monster, so it was 'The [BLANK]'. The monster looked like the abominable snowman, almost, except it was much, much, much larger. I think its arm basically reached through an entire door at the end.

I am struggling so hard to find this, I know I watched it. It was very creepy given the entire episode took place basically in the living room. Black and white, had to be in the 50s, I've searched through every episode on Wikipedia of shows like The Outer Limits, Alfred Hitchcock Presents etc. and I cannot find it, I have no ideas left now.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jammindude

Re: Looking for an old Twilight Zone-type show/episode
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »
The Outer Limits maybe?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
Not black and white, but the presence of E.G. Marshall might have confused you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716972/

Tales From the Dark Side
Seasons of Belief
On Christmas Eve, a father ends his two children's boredom by holding them spellbound with a scary story about a fearsome beast known as the Grither.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »
HOLY SHIT!

I could have sworn it was black and white. If you had hooked me up to a polygraph machine it would've shown I was telling the truth. EB you're a genius, THANK YOU!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"