Dream Theater > Dream Theater

What songs should DT refrain from ever playing live again?

<< < (2/17) > >>

Elite:

--- Quote from: pg1067 on August 21, 2018, 05:11:56 PM ---I don't really care for "Innocence Faded"
--- End quote ---

:(

noxon:

--- Quote from: Elite on August 22, 2018, 01:01:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: pg1067 on August 21, 2018, 05:11:56 PM ---I don't really care for "Innocence Faded"
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Don't know why that is surprising, seeing as the song gets little love from DT either. It's among the bottom ten percentile of live performed songs of the songs DT has released on albums.

Architeuthis:
Repentance

Anxiety35:
Yes, my original post is more about James' current vocal range. It's not about the band's ability to play the song with their instruments.

Who wants to hear the vocals in a dramatically different way? I don't. I wouldn't want to hear "Take The Time" or "Pull Me Under" sung differently. For me, it messes with the integrity of the song.

Of course in every concert, there are moments in songs where artists vary from what's on the album. However, a trademark of DT is LaBrie and his vocals. If the vocals have to be very different from the album, I'd rather DT shelve the song.

A good alternative, as mentioned above, would be a medley where some of the more difficult vocal parts for James can be removed.

Like I said earlier, the passing of time is nobody's friend. I don't like the fact that James can't hit the high notes like he used to. But as a fan it's embarrassing and sad to hear him struggle. I'd rather the band pull the song than make an attempt hoping for a little of the old magic to happen again.

Elite:

--- Quote from: noxon on August 22, 2018, 01:34:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Elite on August 22, 2018, 01:01:58 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Don't know why that is surprising, seeing as the song gets little love from DT either. It's among the bottom ten percentile of live performed songs of the songs DT has released on albums.

--- End quote ---

I know it is. It's a top 10 DT song for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version