The Spanish Archer
0 (0%)
Strangeways
0 (0%)
Dead Or Alive
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 20, 2018, 10:33:04 PM

Author Topic: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - The House Of Blue Light - round 3  (Read 354 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - The House Of Blue Light - round 3
« on: August 19, 2018, 10:33:04 PM »
SURVIVOR 2018
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. THE HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHT(1987)

IAN GILLIAN - vocals
RITCHIE BLACKMORE - guitar
JON LORD - organ, keyboards
ROGER GLOVER - bass, vocals
IAN PAICE - drums

The House of Blue Light is the twelfth studio album by Deep Purple, released in 1987. It is the second recording by the re-formed Mark II line-up. The album's creation was an exceedingly long and difficult process, which singer Ian Gillan compared to the recording of Who Do We Think We Are in Rome. Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore has said much of it was re-recorded. Gillan has remarked on how strained relations within the band compromised the album: "I look back at House Of Blue Light, there are some good songs on that record, but there’s something missing in the overall album. I can’t feel the spirit of this band. I can see or hear five professionals doing their best, but it’s like a football team, it’s not functioning. It’s like eleven superstars that are playing on the same field but are not connected by the heart or by the spirit". Added organist Jon Lord, "We made the massive mistake of trying to make our music current. We discovered that people didn't want us to do that."

2ND ROUND RESULTS:
Bad Attitude - 0 (0%)
The Unwritten Law - 0 (0%)
Call Of The Wild - 1 (25%)
Mad Dog - 1 (25%)
Black & White - 2 (50%)
The Spanish Archer - 0 (0%)
Strangeways - 0 (0%)
Dead Or Alive - 0 (0%)

7.  :huh:
8. Black & White
9. Mitzi Dupree
10. Hard Lovin' Woman
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day delay Guys, sorry about that. Mad Dog time, and after this one it will difficult for me to move on....

Offline Mladen

Re: DEEP PURPLE Survivor 2018 - The House Of Blue Light - round 3
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 03:38:55 AM »
Mad Dog