Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91461 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
I will be shocked if we don’t see a major push back in the second by the Blues.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Who in the hell is Jon Hamm? 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Perrons bone head penalty changed the game. Game Boston a PP...they score and just run away with it. Should have pulled Binnington after third goal. He looked awful.

Should be a quiet couple days in this thread from me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I'd rather lose like this than a close game with bad calls.  It's just one game, and deep down I thought winning both Games 3 and 4 would be a tall order.  They just have to win Monday now.  I feel bad for the fans at the game tonight.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Dude, you're making us B's fans look bad.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Dude, you're making us B's fans look bad.

Who is he? What's he been in? I've never heard of him. They've been treating him like he's Clint fucking Eastwood.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
TV show Mad Men put him in the map.  He's in Top Gun 2 coming out.

Blues getting dirty hitting Rask.  This could get messy.  Lucky ou t the SC.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, I've never seen Mad Men. There's a Top Gun 2 coming out? Why?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Might be the most depressing game I’ve watched this season. Blues let emotion get to much of them. This game is where playoff experience paid off for the Bruins.

Here to hoping we can even the series Monday. We go to Boston down 3-1 this puppy is over.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Val Kilmer needed a reason to get back under 300 lbs.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is Val Kilmer still alive?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Val Kilmer needed a reason to get back under 300 lbs.

Cruise is in it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, let me guess the plot. He's an instructor, and has a hot shot student that reminds him of himself.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
The final score is meaningless; it's just one game.  Win Monday and then it's a best of 3 for the Cup. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Perron needs to finish the finals in the players suite. Dude has taken So many dumb penalties. He single handedly changed the game tonight with that first penalty. Game was fairly even...both teams just grinding and playing well and that interference Penalty gives the B’s a PP and leads to a goal and they never looked back.

Add that to Binnington looking horrid and Rask on his game and it was over

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That was kinda fugly.  I turned it off at 4-0.  Zero chance to get 5 past Rask.  I agree with Kev... it's just one game, and the embarrassment factor ought to help them tomorrow night.  Better to lose that way, then to say dominate your opponent, only to lose 2-1 in OT on a fluke.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
If the Blues lose this series, the main reason will be simple: special teams.  It wouldn't have a made a difference, but not having Sundqvist last night for the penalty kills didn't help.  That said, you can't allow 4 freaking PP goals. And our PP continues to be awful. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I still think the Blues will bounce back and it will go 7.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
If the Blues lose this series, the main reason will be simple: special teams.  It wouldn't have a made a difference, but not having Sundqvist last night for the penalty kills didn't help.  That said, you can't allow 4 freaking PP goals. And our PP continues to be awful.

Boston takes a dumb penalty minutes into the game.....they could have made it 1-0 minutes into it and fed off that.....instead they blow the chance and start taking dumb penalties.

It goes without saying Monday is a ‘must win’.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Agreed,  Throughout the whole playoffs, the Bs special teams have been excellent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Agreed,  Throughout the whole playoffs, the Bs special teams have been excellent.

Honestly, with how abysmal the Blues PP has been in the playoffs it’s a testament to the rest of their play that they’ve made it this far. It’s mind boggling how you have the level of talented players the Blues have and have a PP that looks THAT bad.

I don’t see why one unit is not firmly designed around Paryako’s slap shot. Set him up on the off wing and feed him over and over and let him bomb away ala Subban...Webber...etc. etc. If they start to cheat towards him it opens up the other players....if not...you have a 100+ slap shot coming at you. Rebound galore or it’s in then net.

I don’t think the Blues are ‘done’ or that they’re outmatched by any means. If they can find a way to keep this 5 on 5 for the majority of the time they they’re in good shape as far as keeping it a game and/or series.

But clearly they have to win Monday, going down 3-1 is a death sentence.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
T minus 1/2 hour.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Will know in three hours or so if this is gonna be a hard flight series or a fizzle out. I believe the Blues bounce back

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I click over to NBC and who the fuck is this clown singing?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
F’n NBC. Couldn’t have found something a little bit more interesting from a town/organization that hasn’t been to the finals in 49 years? I’d have taken a five minute interview with Maroons son over that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'd rather watch Stu Grimson go up in the arch for the 10th time.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
That was fast.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
My pre game thought regarding the Blues was that Ryan O'Reilly has been invisible so far. So much for that! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
This will be a epic battle.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
One thing the Blues D does better than I think I've ever seen is that they hold the blue line big time in the O zone.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy Shit! Jon Hamm between periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF??

Ryan O'Reilly is the best player on the ice tonight.

BTW, he's winning the Selke this year.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Special Teams will be the reason the Blues do not win the Cup.  We all joked when that last Boston penalty was called that the PP will slow down the Blues momentum. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy Shit! Jon Hamm between periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF??

Ryan O'Reilly is the best player on the ice tonight.

BTW, he's winning the Selke this year.

He should.

That period right there will drive any hockey fan mad. When your team dictates play and outplayed the other team but have nothing to show for it but a goal against  :censored  >:(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Tim mocked me when I said this game will make me drink more. :lol