Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91534 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Hey guys, Gary '13 finally showed up.   I knew it was only a matter of time!  ;) :D  love ya pal... even though you've morphed back into Conspiracy-Gary.  I know you'll morph back in a couple of weeks.

Look, the Sundqvist hit was probably worthy of a 1-game suspension IN THE REGULAR SEASON.  Complete and total BS to give him 1 game in the finals based on how Burke explained player safety policies.

Gary... dude ... no need for the hyperbole "intellectually honest hockey fan can see that wasn’t a penalty".  It was.  It seems only the people from St. Louis think that it wasn't.

Now you've gone and scared Tim away again.

Let's just try to enjoy the actual games fellas.  Don't be so focused on the craving to win to affect your enjoyment of the product.  Enjoy the thrill of the hunt as much as the kill.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Hey guys, Gary '13 finally showed up.   I knew it was only a matter of time!  ;) :D  love ya pal... even though you've morphed back into Conspiracy-Gary.  I know you'll morph back in a couple of weeks.

Wasn't my choice....I've been conjured by the $hit show that is the NHL and the ref's they have calling these games. Difference is my rage isn't aimed at the Blues.

It seems only the people from St. Louis think that it wasn't.

What it wasn't was a play that warranted a suspension. Again, if 'they're' trying to clean up hockey then the Krug hit and the hit on Blais were just as bad. I've still yet to see an angle of Krugs hit where he played the puck. And:

you tell me the difference in the moment of contact on these two hits. The only difference is Blais didn't fall to the ice. Again....watch Sundquists hit....the ref that was literally 10 foot away and watched the whole hit had no intention of calling a penalty until Bostons player fell down to the ice. He didn't call it until then....a good three seconds after the hit.

Let's just try to enjoy the actual games fellas.  Don't be so focused on the craving to win to affect your enjoyment of the product.  Enjoy the thrill of the hunt as much as the kill.

It's tough to enjoy when things like say a clear too many men on the ice while on the PP leads directly to a goal......or a very clear slash that breaks a stick somehow isn't seen....or now a player is suspended for a hockey hit while other hockey hits are conveniently allowed.

Like I said....it gets old watching this crap happen to your team over and over and over. It'll make anyone a conspiracy theorist.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Gary, You and I know when a head injury happen they well get suspended.  It sucks.  I know.  But in this day and age they are going to suspend. 

One game is an omission that we didn't want to but we had to so here's only one game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Joe, I get it but I still don’t see it as a suspendable play. Especially when the Boston player is the one who caused the injury by pulling up and changing his position Sundquist didn’t target him....he was forechecking. It’s not like he took  a 130 foot run at him and happened to hit him when the puck was close by.....the dude slipped and caused his own injury.

But whatever. I’ll stop bitching about it because it’s not gonna change anything. I should be used to having to deal with crap like this by now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It happened to us with Charlie McAvoy in the second round.  He's really our #1 defensman now and he was suspended for a game.  It sucks on the biggest stage but I think it might be a catalyst for your team.  They seem to thrive on adversity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
It happened to us with Charlie McAvoy in the second round.  He's really our #1 defensman now and he was suspended for a game.  It sucks on the biggest stage but I think it might be a catalyst for your team.  They seem to thrive on adversity.

That could be the silver lining

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I hope not! :lol

I'm interesting in seeing how the B's come out the first 10 minutes. They have been great on the road and with the Blues setting the tone with physicality the last game I'd like to see them take it back from the Blues.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, I’m hoping this suspension doesn’t affect how the Blues play. They play hard and heavy and need to keep doing it.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
What it wasn't was a play that warranted a suspension. Again, if 'they're' trying to clean up hockey then the Krug hit and the hit on Blais were just as bad. I've still yet to see an angle of Krugs hit where he played the puck. And:

(image)

you tell me the difference in the moment of contact on these two hits.

Is this the hit on Blais you're talking about? Twitter (animated GIF)
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

(image)

I think it is, haven’t seen that angle before. His head hit the boards as well. That was a ‘good’ hit just as Sundquists was. Only difference is Boston’s guy goes down and Blais doesn’t.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

(image)

I think it is, haven’t seen that angle before. His head hit the boards as well. That was a ‘good’ hit just as Sundquists was. Only difference is Boston’s guy goes down and Blais doesn’t.

One with a concession the other didn't.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

(image)

One with a concession the other didn't.

All I can say is that D man better not be playing next game or this will be even more horse crap than it already is.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget

Looks like the same ad on the board too. I'm not at all surprised that hit is basically all talk with next to no footage. It's hard but not on the numbers.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Oh, so if you hit a guy now when you saw the numbers, it is wrong?  That will be interesting since every check from behind makes it impossible to not see the numbers when heading their way.

Gary's point was excellent that it wasn't even going to be a penalty until the Boston player went down and looked hurt.

But I guess, to paraphrase a line from an early Sopranos episode, when the NHL keeps shitting on our heads, we are supposed to say, "thanks for the hat."

Offline pg1067

Anyone remember Steve Bernier's hit on Rob Scuderi in 2012?  While the results of this hit weren't the same, the hits themselves seem to me to be virtually indistinguishable.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hit on Blais - shoulder-to-shoulder, no head contact, no penalty, no suspension.  All good.

Hit on Grzelcyk - hit from behind (Grzelcyk's fault), head contact (Grzelcyk's fault), penalty, suspension.  None of it is fair, but the penalty was the right call (even though it's not fair - imo).  Suspension was NOT the right call.

Game 1; Krug on Thomas - straight on hit, no head contact, no penalty.  All good.

Look, Blues fans... leave the conspiracy theory discussions to 9/11 and homo-frogs.  The Blues have been on the short end of a few bad calls, but for the love of Pete, you guys sound like Alex Jones at this point.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
The Blues have been on the short end of a few bad calls, but for the love of Pete, you guys sound like Alex Jones at this point.

If the earth was actually round that penalty would never have been called

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Look, Blues fans... leave the conspiracy theory discussions to 9/11 and homo-frogs.  The Blues have been on the short end of a few bad calls, but for the love of Pete, you guys sound like Alex Jones at this point.

I have never said that I think there is a conspiracy; I just think a) NHL officiating is shitty, and b) the NHL sucks (as a company, the sport itself is awesome).   Case in point: they still never officially apologized to the team for the hand pass fiasco last round. Not that it would have changed the result, but they should have at least acted like they gave a shit.  When you see something like that, it demonstrates what low regard they have for certain franchises.  If that would have happened to Pittsburgh, Boston or any team from the NY or LA area, they would have tripped over themselves to apologize as fast as possible.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I have never said that I think there is a conspiracy; I just think a) NHL officiating is shitty, and b) the NHL sucks (as a company, the sport itself is awesome).   Case in point: they still never officially apologized to the team for the hand pass fiasco last round. Not that it would have changed the result, but they should have at least acted like they gave a shit.  When you see something like that, it demonstrates what low regard they have for certain franchises.  If that would have happened to Pittsburgh, Boston or any team from the NY or LA area, they would have tripped over themselves to apologize as fast as possible.

When you’re consistently on ‘the short end of the stick’ it’s tough not to go ‘Alex Jones’. It wears a mo fo down yo

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Gary using slang?!

IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Perhaps "conspiracy" was the wrong word.  'No intentional unequal treatment'... let's go with that.  You obviously feel that the Blues are treated unequally (your last sentence above validates this).  But please point to a situation when has the NHL - hell, ANY league - issued an officially statement apologizing for an incorrect call?  There is a difference between acknowledging and apologizing.  Even Goodell never "apologized" for the call against the Saints.  Point me to a time when any of those other franchises got an official apology.  You're butt-hurt ... we get it.  But seriously dude... reality check.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Perhaps "conspiracy" was the wrong word.  'No intentional unequal treatment'... let's go with that.  You obviously feel that the Blues are treated unequally (your last sentence above validates this).  But please point to a situation when has the NHL - hell, ANY league - issued an officially statement apologizing for an incorrect call?  There is a difference between acknowledging and apologizing.  Even Goodell never "apologized" for the call against the Saints.  Point me to a time when any of those other franchises got an official apology.  You're butt-hurt ... we get it.  But seriously dude... reality check.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26604171/nhl-apologizes-vegas-major-penalty-call

Gotta appease the new kid in town (Vegas), I suppose.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew that was forthcoming funny enough, I read that exact same article.  That was not an official statement/apology - private conversation with McPhee, and his word that they apologized.  Who's to say that Armstrong didn't get a similar call, but he's classy enough to KEEP it private.

Look, you guys have lots of reasons to be pissed and/or annoyed, but I think things are being taken a titch too far on some of them.

Let's just focus on the Blues playing great, giving Marchand a metaphoric cunt-punch, and bringing Lord Stanley to the mid-west.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
You leave our cunt out of it you Canuck.  :-*

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I was gonna put this in the funny thread, but I think we could use a little levity here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll bet the chef burned the Blues' dog, and the Bruins' dog was cooked just right.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll bet the chef burned the Blues' dog, and the Bruins' dog was cooked just right.

And never even apologized for burning it.   :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

So much for "see ya in 2 weeks"...:P

I knew that was forthcoming funny enough, I read that exact same article.  That was not an official statement/apology - private conversation with McPhee, and his word that they apologized.  Who's to say that Armstrong didn't get a similar call, but he's classy enough to KEEP it private.

Look, you guys have lots of reasons to be pissed and/or annoyed, but I think things are being taken a titch too far on some of them.

Let's just focus on the Blues playing great, giving Marchand a metaphoric cunt-punch, and bringing Lord Stanley to the mid-west.

:tup :tup to all of the bolded.  :coolio

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
The Blues are definitely running Rask to get him off his game. Good move. The D needs to clear them out.

The 1st line needs to wake up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
They are not asleep; the Blues are just playing them tough and clamping down on their chances.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
They are not asleep; the Blues are just playing them tough and clamping down on their chances.

For sure but they are passing too much instead of shooting. They need to stop being fancy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Also, the best line in all the league can play better.

Offline Rattlehead

This thread has been hilarious to follow during these finals  :lol Can't wait for the game tonight...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Time to mow the lawn, make dinner and hunker down for game 3.  I'll need to charge my phone for you F'ers. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Holy moly! 3-0 B's!