Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91457 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
So Sundquist gets a penalty for what again? Playing hockey?

Yep. We learned in Game 1 that a Bruin can line up a Blue from 10 feet away and run him over, but a Blue hits a Bruin with a good check in Game 2 and it is a penalty.

We've also learned tonight that the Bruins are allowed to have an extra man on the ice and score a goal.

This league will call any arms to head, even though the other player puts themselves in a poor position.  It's what it is. Don't go high.

95% of the time I’d agree. But in those instances it’s usually intentional and malicious. That player changed direction on his own AND the hit to the head was glancing. Only reason it was called was because of the optics....which if that’s the case where’s the call when Schenn was mugged earlier?

It’s 2-2 and the Blues are playing well. Boston hasn’t dominated like they did the last two periods of game one so, if the Blues stick to it I think they can grind a W out here.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Those were by far the two softest goals I’ve seen Binnington give up. I know he’d love to have them back. I think he was expecting a better shot from Coyle....not one that stuck to the ice.

Agreed.  That first one was soft.  Granted, it shouldn't have counted since Boston had 6 skaters on the ice, but that is one your goalie has to stop.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Tim McKernan
@tmckernan
·
1m
As of this moment,
@NHLonNBCSports
 has not mentioned that the #NHLBruins had too many men on the ice during intermission of the #STLBlues #StanleyCup Final game.

It was pointed out on the broadcast briefly during the period.

Yeah....you can keep dreaming that will be talked about.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I missed it. Lol. Really.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Interference. Lol.

That should make you Blues fans happy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
When the Blues score a goal when having an illegal extra man on the ice AND get away with breaking the stick of a Bruin when shorthanded, then it'll be even.  Until then, the Bruins fans chanting BS can stick it in their ears.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Until then, the Bruins fans chanting BS can stick it in their ears.

What's next? Up your nose with a garden hose? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Maybe your power play should step up then.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Until then, the Bruins fans chanting BS can stick it in their ears.

What's next? Up your nose with a garden hose? :lol

I was keeping it clean and fair...unlike these officials.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Tarasenko went to the locker room 10 minutes ago and NBC just now noticed. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Vladimir Tarasenko would be a big lost.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Tarasenko back on the bench.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Nordstrom same hit on Blais but no call. Exact same hit.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Nordstrom same hit on Blais but no call. Exact same hit.

Except that Blais isn't soft and can take a hit, so no call.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I remember the days when Kev called me a Pats homer. Lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Here's their chance

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Nordstrom taking bullets.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
These entire playoffs, I have seen guys drive the net and make contact with the goalie and no calls were made.

Tonight, two on the Blues now.

You can't make this up.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
That was a penalty Kev.  He wasn't pushed. He strode into the Rask.  The other one I'd have to watch.  Bad memory.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That was a penalty Kev.  He wasn't pushed. He strode into the Rask.  The other one I'd have to watch.  Bad memory.

Know what else is a penalty?  Having too many men on the ice (and scoring!!). 

And hey, here is another thing that is a penalty: intentionally breaking the stick of an opponent.

Funny how these obvious penalties are called on one team and not the other, more often than not.

People can say we are bitching too much, but anyone would if their team was getting shafted by the calls like this.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh 6 men were missed for sure.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Huge save by Binnington!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Huge save by Binnington!

Both Rask and Binnington made some unreal saves to get this to OT

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Looking for the Blues to come out guns blazing tonight.

All the way to the end. No surprise.   They took it to the B's tonight.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That is what I call justice.  :tup :tup

Online Anguyen92

Hey, at least, we get to live in a period where the Blues finally win a game in the Stanley Cup finals.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Well deserved road win.....great bounce back.

13 down 3 to go

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That was one of the best games this playoff.  Glad the Blues laid it on to Boston in that OT.  Totally dominated them.  And despite the 2 soft goals, Binnington cleared his head and played the game he needed to.

@ Kev/Gary... you guys are killing me.  That hit by Sundqvist on Grzelcyk was absolutely a penalty.  I was at first fearful it would be a Match penalty.  It's like the NFL these days - doesn't matter if the defender put himself in the vulnerable position (which Grzelcyk absolutely did), the player delivering the hit will be penalized if there's head contact.  The one on Blais was not "the exact same hit".  Look at the one on Blais again... 100% shoulder on shoulder.

I'm gonna bitch-slap BOTH of you when we finally meet for making me defend ANYTHING about a team from Boston.  I DON'T NEED TO START MY MORNING THIS WAY!!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Agree to disagree about the hits.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
when you lead a hit with your arm and it hits the head they will call it 100% of the time.  When it's the shoulder it's not always as clear when a player ducks so when driving into the boards, lead with the shoulder.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
David Backes: “I don’t think that’s a hit we want in our game."

Backes is the same guy who got suspended 3 games this past season for an actual dirty hit to someone's head.

He is also teammates with Brad Marchand (see: dirty ass player).

In other words... :lol :lol :lol

No wonder the Blues never looked half this good in the playoffs when that bozo was our captain. Backes should worry more about being a healthy scratch again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
And I get that he is having his teammate's back and blah, blah, blah, but he's a hypocrite.  He has made a living out of hits like last night's by Sundqvist.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

My belief is that Sundqvist's hit shouldn't be a penalty, bit it *is* in today's NHL.  Somewhere in this thread (it was the Hyman on McIvoy hit earlier in the season), I chewed into 'the game' for not teaching players how to TAKE a hit.  That's sorely missing from this game.  Defenders routinely leave themselves in vulnerable positions - and that's exactly what Grzelcyk did (plus losing his balance).  Earlier in the period, I think it was Carlo, was in the same kind of position, but protected himself appropriately.

It absolutely blows when the actions/movement of a defender is the cause of a penalty.  Totally unfair, but it is what it is.  See, 1/3 of NFL hits (and one reason why I gave up on the NFL).  Players passed the responsibility of protecting them to the LEAGUE instead of owning it themselves, and now that is bleeding into the NHL.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kev, you don't expect that from Backes?  LOL  Of course he will say that just like a Blues player would if it was switched. 

Hey, bring on game 3!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

My belief is that Sundqvist's hit shouldn't be a penalty, bit it *is* in today's NHL.  Somewhere in this thread (it was the Hyman on McIvoy hit earlier in the season), I chewed into 'the game' for not teaching players how to TAKE a hit.  That's sorely missing from this game.  Defenders routinely leave themselves in vulnerable positions - and that's exactly what Grzelcyk did (plus losing his balance).  Earlier in the period, I think it was Carlo, was in the same kind of position, but protected himself appropriately.

It absolutely blows when the actions/movement of a defender is the cause of a penalty.  Totally unfair, but it is what it is.  See, 1/3 of NFL hits (and one reason why I gave up on the NFL).  Players passed the responsibility of protecting them to the LEAGUE instead of owning it themselves, and now that is bleeding into the NHL.

Fair point.

It's like when a DB goes to make a good hit on a WR while aiming for the chest, and then the WR lowers his head at the last second to brace for the hit, their helmets graze, and out come the flags.  It's BS.  I get that it is bad optics when a guy takes a hit and is lying on the ice hurt, but that was a good clean hockey check.