Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91505 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I troll him back. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I will unfollow him after this series is over.  He tweets like 488 times a day to where most of my news feed is his silliness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Tim....I don’t think the Blues played very well and the Bruins obviously did. Not blaming the entire loss on the refs.

BUT.....those officials were horrible. This is the final round of the Playoffs and some of that ticky tac crap they were calling was BS. That clearly gives momentum to one team. And missing an egregious slash that breaks a stick on a PK that would have given a team that was down by 1 a 5 on 3 for over a minute is inexcusable.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I remember when they didn't call those breaking the stick calls. I liked that game better.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I remember when they didn't call those breaking the stick calls. I liked that game better.

I remember also. It was like 40 minutes ago.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Bedtime. Night!

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
This is from the IIHF World Champs again, but the amount of coincidences between the 2011 and 2019 finals are pretty nuts.

Game winning goals scored:

1. Both goals were scored at 42:35
2. Both goals gave Finland the 2-1 lead
3. Both matches were played in the same arena
4. Both goals were scored at the same end
5. Both goals were scored from the exact same spot into the top left corner
6. Both goals were scored by the fourth line
7. Both scorers (Petteri Nokelainen, Marko Anttila) played for the same club (Jokerit Helsinki) at the time of the finals in question.
8. Both scorers had scored 11 goals for their clubs during the last regular season
9. Both scorers shoot from the right
10. Both scorers were drafted into the NHL in the same year (2004)
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Blues were out played - #1 reason for the loss.
Bruins had more favorable calls - #2 reason for the loss, and part of the reason of #1.

Great teams overcome their obstacles, not blame them.  Blues still had a chance to tie it; the 2nd goal was a softy that Binnington should've had.

All of you... quit your bitching, and enjoy the games.  Tim... no need to take your toys and go home.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
As I texted the guys, I'd rather not see the ticky tack calls.  Let them play.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

All of you... quit your bitching, and enjoy the games.  [/img]

With all due respect, Chad, it is hard to enjoy a game when your team is getting raped by the officials.  Trust me, as a longtime Blues fan, I have learned to take playoff losses in stride.  Go back and read this thread and you will see that I took the first six Blues losses just fine, but the last two pissed me off, a) the hand pass game vs SJ, and b) last night.  I can take losing, but losing because the officials jobbed you is tough to take.  Last night was like watching a Bulls playoff home game during the Jordan era: if you were going to beat them, you had better do it decisively because the calls are going to be badly lopsided in favor of the home team.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, as much as I'm rooting for the Blues, I'd hardly call that game as being "raped" by the zebras.  Some chincy calls?  Absolutely.  Miss on the Chara/Bozak slash?  Absolutely.  But the refs didn't hold them to 3 shots in 16 minutes of 5-5 time in the 2nd period.  The Blues also had their own PP in the 3rd where they did pretty much nothing but pass it around the outside of the box.

And yet all of this, they were still within a goal to tie it and send it to OT.

I'll reiterate what Tim said... if you felt the refs raped the Blues, you were watching with homer eyes.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Bruins had more favorable calls - #2 reason for the loss, and part of the reason of #1.

Great teams overcome their obstacles, not blame them.  Blues still had a chance to tie it; the 2nd goal was a softy that Binnington should've had.

This Is all I should have said last night cuz it's pretty much spot on. The Blues didn't lose because they were hosed by the officials.....they lost because they abandoned their game after the second goal Boston scored. That was for two reasons.....first, Boston shook the rust off and started playing and second....Boston did get some helpful PP's to maintain that momentum but it's still no excuse to play the way the Blues played or let a really soft goal go in. We had a few players that visibly looked affected by the big stage but I expect that to be remedied.

Game 1 is done....it's up to the Blues to wake the F up and play their game in game 2. If they get back to their game this will be the series everyone thought it'd be....which I think they will.

To Joe and Tim.....just do what my friends and wife does when I'm bitching about a Blues game.....ignore me. I'm an idiot

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
LOL  No.  I get it.  Like I said I hate them calling the ticky tac (Insert TAC joke here) penalties.  I'd rather see the boys play.

BTW, the Blues for the most part did a very good job killing the B's PP's.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah....they did look good, limited the chances. But you can't keep Boston down for long on the PP. The odds are against you.

There's no question as to 'why' Boston is favored. They're freaking good. And while the Blues are 'good'....they're strength this season has been their resilience and ability to tune everyone out and fight for one another. I fully expect them to continue the trend and make Boston earn the Cup and not just roll over.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

This Is all I should have said last night cuz it's pretty much spot on. The Blues didn't lose because they were hosed by the officials.....they lost because they abandoned their game after the second goal Boston scored. That was for two reasons.....first, Boston shook the rust off and started playing and second....Boston did get some helpful PP's to maintain that momentum but it's still no excuse to play the way the Blues played or let a really soft goal go in. We had a few players that visibly looked affected by the big stage but I expect that to be remedied.

Game 1 is done....it's up to the Blues to wake the F up and play their game in game 2. If they get back to their game this will be the series everyone thought it'd be....which I think they will.

:tup :tup

Agreed... holding this Bs PP to 1/5 is an accomplishment.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Well, as much as I'm rooting for the Blues, I'd hardly call that game as being "raped" by the zebras.  Some chincy calls?  Absolutely.  Miss on the Chara/Bozak slash?  Absolutely.  But the refs didn't hold them to 3 shots in 16 minutes of 5-5 time in the 2nd period.  The Blues also had their own PP in the 3rd where they did pretty much nothing but pass it around the outside of the box.

And they should have had a 5 on 3 for 90 seconds. Had the refs not missed what should have been an easy call, maybe the Blues score on a 5 on 3, tie the game, and then it's game on with the Blues having the momentum again.

I'll reiterate what Tim said... if you felt the refs raped the Blues, you were watching with homer eyes.

That is fine, but the game was evenly matched until a few ticky tack calls swung the game and Boston took over. It is easy to argue that those calls changed the game.  To call ticky tack calls on the Blues, and then ignore a clear charge by a Bruin and then a blatant stick break, is grossly unfair. 

But hey, like Gary said, it's over, and there is nothing that can be done.  They were robbed, but I have no doubt that Berube will have them ready to go tomorrow.  I just hope the officiating is more balanced.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
"Robbed"   :rollin :rollin
"Clear charge".  Dude.. that was as clean of a hit as a player can deliver in todays NHL.  I didn't see a single Blues player (let alone the 19 year old rookie that took the hit) take any exception to it - so why are you?

"Should" they have had a 5-3... maybe.  WOULD they have then scored and got another game-winning goal?  Would they have?

Maybe just take the loss like big boy ... just as every one of the players and Berube himself did.  They looked in the mirror and took ownership of their own play.  That's the only thing that they can control.  Let go of that which you cannot control.

DON'T MAKE ME DEFEND ANYTHING ABOUT A BOSTON WIN!!!!   >:( >:(

Goddamn I hate you now.

not really, but kinda

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I love it when a Leafs fan comes to the dark side.  LOL

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I love it when a Leafs fan comes to the dark side.  LOL

I'm like Picard - resistance is not futile!  I just call it as I sees it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
"Robbed"   :rollin :rollin
"Clear charge".  Dude.. that was as clean of a hit as a player can deliver in todays NHL.  I didn't see a single Blues player (let alone the 19 year old rookie that took the hit) take any exception to it - so why are you?

"Should" they have had a 5-3... maybe.  WOULD they have then scored and got another game-winning goal?  Would they have?

Maybe just take the loss like big boy ... just as every one of the players and Berube himself did.  They looked in the mirror and took ownership of their own play.  That's the only thing that they can control.  Let go of that which you cannot control.

DON'T MAKE ME DEFEND ANYTHING ABOUT A BOSTON WIN!!!!   >:( >:(

Goddamn I hate you now.

not really, but kinda

They did that last round as well when they got shafted in Game 3.  That is a major credit to Berube and the team, but that doesn't mean the fans have to be happy about losing a game where the officiating was blatantly lopsided. 

And as I said earlier, I am fine taking losses like a "big boy" ;), hence my reference to almost all of the other Blues playoff losses.  I just don't like losing a game where the officiating had a say in deciding the outcome.  If you are going to call ticky tack penalties, then call them on both sides, not just one.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Okay, urge to rage....fading... :lol :lol

Bring on Game 2, sports fans. :tup :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Get your sleep tonight. Lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:03:17 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Rattlehead

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Looking for the Blues to come out guns blazing tonight.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
This game is going to give us all strokes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
So Sundquist gets a penalty for what again? Playing hockey?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Yep. We learned in Game 1 that a Bruin can line up a Blue from 10 feet away and run him over, but a Blue hits a Bruin with a good check in Game 2 and it is a penalty.

We've also learned tonight that the Bruins are allowed to have an extra man on the ice and score a goal.

Offline Rattlehead

What an awesome play that was by Tarasenko to tie the game up, this has been an exciting one so far  :metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
What an awesome play that was by Tarasenko to tie the game up, this has been an exciting one so far  :metal

For sure. Honestly, considering both penalties on the Blues were bull shit and the goals were kinda soft, I am thrilled that it is tied.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yep. We learned in Game 1 that a Bruin can line up a Blue from 10 feet away and run him over, but a Blue hits a Bruin with a good check in Game 2 and it is a penalty.

We've also learned tonight that the Bruins are allowed to have an extra man on the ice and score a goal.

This league will call any arms to head, even though the other player puts themselves in a poor position.  It's what it is. Don't go high.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Those were by far the two softest goals I’ve seen Binnington give up. I know he’d love to have them back. I think he was expecting a better shot from Coyle....not one that stuck to the ice.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

This league will call any arms to head, even though the other player puts themselves in a poor position.  It's what it is. Don't go high.

He didn't go high; it was a good hockey check.  Not his fault that the Bruin lost his balance and then couldn't take a hit.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm with you there but even bad positions don't help the calls these days.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Tim McKernan
@tmckernan
·
1m
As of this moment,
@NHLonNBCSports
 has not mentioned that the #NHLBruins had too many men on the ice during intermission of the #STLBlues #StanleyCup Final game.

It was pointed out on the broadcast briefly during the period.