Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91459 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I've sen so many FB posts from my friends getting all jacked for the series.  7 games it feels like.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I'd rather see Blues in 6 :P, that way we get the double win of the Blue winning it at home and the joy of Gloria. ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

I get that.  I'd like to see the B's win at home myself.  In 2011 it was in Vancouver but beggars can;t be choosers here.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I was just checking things out trying to figure out why the NBA has 2 day breaks between every game, and then see that the NHL is giving an additional travel day to the breaks between games 2-3, and game 5 onwards.  WTH??  I get it when the teams are traveling 3 time zones, but c'mon... St.L is in CT ffs.

I miss the good ole days when the first round games were played on back-to-back nights, teams played 4 games in 5 nights, and the Cup was awarded BEFORE Memorial Day.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Well being that I'm obviously wanting and hoping for the Blues to win....and believe they will as the Bruins have yet to play a team like the Blues.....my 'prediction' is this:

Blues in 6

Win Game 1
Lose Game 2
Win Games 3 & 4
Lose Game 5
Win at home in Game 6

I'm hoping for the Game 1 win but honestly think they split in Boston. With how jacked up this city is right now I am thinking that the Blues will win all of their home games.

Here's to hoping for a Cup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fun little playoff stats.

B's Home - 6-3
B's Away - 6-2

Blues Home - 5-5
Blues Away - 7-2

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Fun fact... Everyone Hates Boston.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Blues home had a high percentage of being 6-4 until a little hand pass miss. Wouldn’t have been an automatic W for the Blues but after a rough start at home in the playoffs they’ve cranked it up at home.

Like most others....I think most of the games will be close with one or two plays deciding them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Fun Fact.. I drink the haters tears. :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Fun Fact.. I drink the haters tears. :biggrin:

You must be the most bloated guy on the East Coast then! 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
You think? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Fun fact...Toronto is in the wrong Finals.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Fun fact...Toronto is in the wrong Finals.

Never heard of such a thing as the 'wrong' Finals.  :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm really excited for this matchup. I'm a closet Blues fan and I look forward to the Bruins games against them each year. They are usually 2 of the best games each year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hell of a shot by Schen.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Mission accomplished. Bruins tied it. Now maybe the ticky tax penalties won’t be called. Total BS

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yeah, the Bruins outplayed them badly in the 2nd period already. No need to give them gift PP's (which the last two were).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yup.  1st 2 were calls I hate to see. As Kev said, the last 2 are on the Blues. They need to reign in the emotions.  Tall task in the biggest series there is.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, the Bruins outplayed them badly in the 2nd period already. No need to give them gift PP's (which the last two were).

Tough not to play well when momentum is handed to you. Whatevs. Stay out of the box and win the third....steal the game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Might as well stop watching now.  The Blues are getting outplayed and the officiating is badly lopsided.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
This is going to be a physical,  tough nosed series.  I still say 7 games.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Might as well stop watching now.  The Blues are getting outplayed and the officiating is badly lopsided.

Bruins played good. But the Blues had one legit penalty all game. Some wretched officiating. Was cool to see Chara get the free pass on chopping Bozaks stick in two on the penalty kill...should have been 1:30 of a 5 on 3. Anyway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Bruins played good. But the Blues had one legit penalty all game. Some wretched officiating. Was cool to see Chara get the free pass on chopping Bozaks stick in two on the penalty kill...should have been 1:30 of a 5 on 3. Anyway.

I actually looked up who the officials were to see if they were the same ones as Game 3 against San Jose.  Hard to believe the league has this many officials with vision issues.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

The Thomas hook in the first was a cheesy call, and the missed slashing the stick was unfortunate, the bolded part was your main issue tonight.

But the Blues guy tackled Krug in front of the B's net and that wasn't called.

The Sundquist cross check and the Blais interference were legit, man.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Blais call was BS. Sindquist only real penalty all night.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That was textbook interference.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yep, interfering with a guy who also has you in a headlock is clearly interference.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I personally would like them to let that go.  But the league is different these days.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yep, interfering with a guy who also has you in a headlock is clearly interference.  :lol :lol :lol

Well, losing your balance and falling into Krejci's elbow gets your team a power play..?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Well, losing your balance and falling into Krejci's elbow gets your team a power play..?

You bought that commentary from NBC?  :lol  he doesn’t hit his elbow if the elbow wasn’t being lifted to hit him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Barry McCockiner
@SportsTalkBarry
·
6m
The only bad thing about the Bruins winning for Boston fans is that they'll be hungover for their Klan meetings tomorrow. How can they expect to get anything done?!?

:lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Civil War Schwartz
@GenSchwartz
·
15m
Beloved

To many egregious mistakes made on the field, handing the enemy the momentum. We have fallen back to the city limits, we must be more disciplined before engaging such a well organized militia.

Yours
Jaden
#stlblues

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think you guys are way too quick to blame the refs. I mean, I really didn't want to get into it tonight, but I could point to missed calls the other way. I mean, if you guys think the refs cost the Blues the game, then apparently I was watching a different game.

I may stay out of this thread for the rest of this series.

Barry McCockiner
@SportsTalkBarry
·
6m
The only bad thing about the Bruins winning for Boston fans is that they'll be hungover for their Klan meetings tomorrow. How can they expect to get anything done?!?

:lol :lol :lol

Who the fuck is that? How is that even funny? I don't even understand what that means.

I am definitely out.  See you guys in two weeks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
He's a parody Twitter account.

I've messed with him a bit.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
He basically trolls fans of Tom Brady and Steph Curry, both of whom he seems to hate.  I think he is from Philly, so there ya go. :lol :lol