Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91493 times)

Offline Snow Dog

Also, from that article I posted earlier, I forgot this little nugget:

“I don’t think I would use that card in the third round of a playoff — I’m not so sure San Jose would appreciate if we used that rule for the first time in that game, even though it would would’ve been correct,” Campbell said.

San Jose wouldn't have appreciated them interpreting a rule in the correct way?  He and the league are giving the Blues organization and the entire city the middle finger.

That’s just shameful. Like I said earlier, I’m pulling for the Sharks, but that shit pisses me off. What good are rules if you don’t enforce them. The fact it’s round 3 of the playoffs only *strengthens* the argument of the use of the rule due to its implications. Doesn’t matter if it’s been used one time or a hundred, if an obvious call got fucked up, man up, admit it, and move forward. Protect the integrity of the game. Now if they win it all, Sharks fans have to listen to how their team got handed the championship. And that’s a damn shame.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5

“I don’t think I would use that card in the third round of a playoff — I’m not so sure San Jose would appreciate if we used that rule for the first time in that game, even though it would would’ve been correct,” Campbell said.

San Jose wouldn't have appreciated them interpreting a rule in the correct way?  He and the league are giving the Blues organization and the entire city the middle finger.

That’s just shameful. Like I said earlier, I’m pulling for the Sharks, but that shit pisses me off. What good are rules if you don’t enforce them. The fact it’s round 3 of the playoffs only *strengthens* the argument of the use of the rule due to its implications. Doesn’t matter if it’s been used one time or a hundred, if an obvious call got fucked up, man up, admit it, and move forward. Protect the integrity of the game. Now if they win it all, Sharks fans have to listen to how their team got handed the championship. And that’s a damn shame.

They were going to hear that no matter what due to that gift Major call against Vegas.

It’s now (4) referee’s and (2) linesman that have been Relieved of their duties in the playoffs because of horrific calls/non calls that led directly to San Jose victories.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Snow Dog

They were going to hear that no matter what due to that gift Major call against Vegas.

It’s now (4) referee’s and (2) linesman that have been Relieved of their duties in the playoffs because of horrific calls/non calls that led directly to San Jose victories.

That’s probably true as well. But this only doubles down on that. At least the major penalty was a subjective judgment call, whereas the hand pass is a clear, objective rule infraction. But neither one works to the Sharks’ favor in the public eye of the sport, no...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Not as horrific but the goal in the B's/Jackets series where they scored a goal when the puck hit the netting up above.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Not as horrific but the goal in the B's/Jackets series where they scored a goal when the puck hit the netting up above.

Bad call there too, but it didn't affect the outcome of the game.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

That’s probably true as well. But this only doubles down on that. At least the major penalty was a subjective judgment call, whereas the hand pass is a clear, objective rule infraction. But neither one works to the Sharks’ favor in the public eye of the sport, no...

True. Both make the NHL look like fools AND jade any success the Sharks have had/will have. Should they beat the Blues (that series is far from over) and manage to figure out how to sneak pucks past Rask.....there will always be a “yeah but” associated with their Cup due to how massively controversial those two instances are.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Bad call there too, but it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Hence the not as horrific.  At the time I lost it like it was game ending. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Quit your whining you belly-acher.  You got NOTHING to whine about.  :lol

>:(

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
See my Facebook post to you about whining Chad. :biggrin: :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

True. Both make the NHL look like fools AND jade any success the Sharks have had/will have. Should they beat the Blues (that series is far from over) and manage to figure out how to sneak pucks past Rask.....there will always be a “yeah but” associated with their Cup due to how massively controversial those two instances are.

True, but a tainted championship is still better than no championship.  Just ask Patriots fans...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

True, but a tainted championship is still better than no championship.  Just ask Patriots fans...

I don't know what you're talking about.

See! :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I don't know what you're talking about.

See! :lol

Deflate this hand pass. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Recently, the hand did the deflating.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ll take it. I like the Blues chances in a best of three.

10 down 6 to go

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I’ll take it. I like the Blues chances in a best of three.

10 down 6 to go

I missed the very beginning of the game but I saw the Blues were already ahead 1-0. I thought maybe the NHL gave them a 1 goal freebie to start the game. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
As a Bruins fan, I'm really undecided as to who I'd rather play in the Finals.

The only thing I dread is Pierre Maguire joining the telecast. The Bruins run has been so peaceful with Brian Boucher. He's been fantastic. His analysis is thoughtful, and I love his impressions of the goalie play.

Offline Rattlehead

I think the Bruins would beat either of these teams in the finals, but I hope I'm wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think the Bruins would beat either of these teams in the finals, but I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're right! :lol

The two games this year against the Sharks were two of the best games of the year. (Bruins won both).

The lost a shootout in St. Louis in February which was a great game, but beat them back in Jan in Boston.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

They’re the favorite for sure. Hopefully the long break will mess with Rask. Otherwise, it’s gonna be a tough series to win with him playing like that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

They’re the favorite for sure. Hopefully the long break will mess with Rask. Otherwise, it’s gonna be a tough series to win with him playing like that.

Yeah, that's the worry for sure. Rask is going to spend the next week and a half reading all this positive stuff about him. I'm not worried about the rest of the team so much.

Looking at the Western Finals, do I want to face the better team (Sharks) or the better goalie (Blues)?

Offline dparrott

Sounds like another infamous game when a rule was used out of nowhere.  The tuck rule game?  Or was it something else?
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
As the 2nd period is winding down, the Blues are controlling this game. As a Bruins fan, Binnington is starting to scare me.

My groin hurts watching Erik Karlsson play. I wonder of it would be better if he just sat and they played an able bodied guy. His play directly led to two of the Blues goals.

Offline Snow Dog

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team get over 20 shots in a period. Game could easily be 6-0 or more if not for Jones playing well (aside from that brain fart on the second goal). Sharks’ offense has been out of sync for two games now. Karlsson’s groin is likely part of it, and it also seems that they’re rushing plays and making bad passes because the Blues are playing just *smothering* defense right now.

The way both teams are playing these past two games, STL deserves the series. If they keep this up at this level, I imagine we are going to have a hell of an entertaining Cup final.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I feel bad for Karlsson. He's not even hiding that he's injured, and I agree, at what point do you say "You're not playing." I mean, he's playing for a contract right now and I think this past season hurt his value. What team would want to shell out what he's asking for an injury prone player. He hasn't really ever been the same since the playoffs two years ago when he was playing with essentially, a missing foot. On the flip side, usually when Karlsson's on the ice, they are a better team and he's leading in points for a defensemen in this year's playoffs.

I just feel bad for him.

EDIT: Well, I guess we just found that point
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:11:43 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline dparrott

..and the crashing and burning begins...
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Another great road Win. Keep it going boys  :metal

11 down 5 to go

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kev.  You back on the train? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I am standing mute till this series is over. :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I am standing mute till this series is over. :biggrin:

If so, then hopefully the series will go nine games! :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This series is over. No way the Sharks win the next two.

Thornton looks like he's got nothing left. Burns looks disinterested. Blues have a major advantage in goal, and without Karlsson, the Sharks are cooked.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
This series is over. No way the Sharks win the next two.

Thornton looks like he's got nothing left. Burns looks disinterested. Blues have a major advantage in goal, and without Karlsson, the Sharks are cooked.

4th win is the toughest to get. But I expect the Blues to be focused Tuesday.

Loved the fact that not one of the NBC announcers in studio or at the game gave the Blues a snowballs chance in hell to win this game....then had to watch the Blues dominate it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Mayday, mayday... we're injured
« Reply #1013 on: May 21, 2019, 09:29:22 AM »
Well... the implosion looks real, but the injuries sure aren't helping them.  Not sure if we should expect a Sharknado, or Free Willy.  They looked about as gassed as the 'Canes did last week.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Mayday, mayday... we're injured
« Reply #1014 on: May 21, 2019, 03:03:27 PM »
No Karlsson or Hertl tonight.