Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91439 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Williams and Krug were going at it quite a bit in the first period.  Both teams had a hard time reeling the emotions in but as a captain, Williams failed to set the right tone for the Canes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Williams played like a goon in the first, but despite that, it was still 0-0, and Carolina was dominant.  Rask is/was the difference maker, not Williams.  Even without those bone-head penalties, I don't believe 6 extra minutes at 5-5 wouldn't have made a difference.

Rask is winning this series for the Bruins.... The rest of the team is playing 'good enough'.

I've got no problem cheering for either Western team - but I do want it to be the Blues.  Rask and Cassidy make it really hard to hate the Bs... but I will still manage to do so.   ;D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

I'm obligated by marriage to pull for the Bruins, but if the Blues make the SCF, I'll secretly be rooting for them.  There is no Eastern Conference team I wouldn't root for to beat the Sharts.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm obligated by marriage to pull for the Bruins, but if the Blues make the SCF, I'll secretly be rooting for them.  There is no Eastern Conference team I wouldn't root for to beat the Sharts.

If the Blues get in you better keep everything on the inside.  LOL  That's a hornet's nest I wouldn't mess with.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
FYI it’s OK to hand pass pucks to your team mates now for game winning goals. The NHL is a fucking joke. How many calls can one team get?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Just give the Sharks the Cup now.  The refs gave them the series against Vegas and now that debacle. 

Offline Snow Dog

FYI it’s OK to hand pass pucks to your team mates now for game winning goals. The NHL is a fucking joke. How many calls can one team get?

Yeah, I’m pulling for the Sharks in this series, but I hate to see wins like that from shitty officiating. Blues got fucked on that one. Is a hand pass reviewable? And if so, how did they let that one stand?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Yeah, I’m pulling for the Sharks in this series, but I hate to see wins like that from shitty officiating. Blues got fucked on that one. Is a hand pass reviewable? And if so, how did they let that one stand?!

Because it's a garbage league.  Great sport, garbage league.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
That was absolute bullshit
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Rattlehead

I'm also pulling for the Sharks to win this series, but it's a shame to see such a great game end on a blatantly illegal play leading to a goal. The series is far from over though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
If it is possible for them to be an even bigger joke, the NHL will become one if any of those four officials work another game in these playoffs.

Offline Rattlehead

Were those the same refs from that Saints Rams game out there?  :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Not reviewable but you can review if a guy goes offside but a fraction of a millimeter. It’s a joke. How does not one of the officials see that hand pass that literally happened right in front of the net? It’s not like the puck was anywhere else.....it was being hand passed. Also, It’s comical how giddy NBC gets when things go the Sharks way. No attempts at all at a non biased coverage. It’s very clear who they are pulling for.

Still doesn’t excuse the horrible play by #27 the last two minutes of the game. He should be on the bench in those times because he’s a  :censored liability. Honestly.....irs questionable as to why he gets these responsible minutes. Paryako needs to be in there....not #27. And Not scoring the empty netter cost again. Every other team in the league seems to be able to do that....not the Blues.

Offline Rattlehead

I thought the guys on NBC were all in agreement that the goal shouldn't have been allowed...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought the guys on NBC were all in agreement that the goal shouldn't have been allowed...

Well sure. They have to be. There’s really no other thing to say there. I’m talking in general through the game.

It doesn’t take a discerning ear or eye to see that in every series the Blues have played NBC and whichever ding bats they’ve had covering their games were favoring first the Jets, then Dallas and now SJ. Just watch and listen. It’s not tough. Not saying they should be giving the Blues handies on the bench but the focus and ‘praise’ is heavily tilted in these broadcasts. It’s not like these other teams have man handled the Blues either to garner that praise.....it’s just a bias. Plain and simple.

Offline Rattlehead

Honestly I haven't watched many Blues games, nor am I invested enough in any of the remaining teams to pay much attention to something like that. I tend to turn these games on when I get home from work and watch them while I'm doing other things. I know that kind of media bias exists in all professional sports though and it can be really irritating when it's against your team, so I understand your frustration.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Honestly I haven't watched many Blues games, nor am I invested enough in any of the remaining teams to pay much attention to something like that. I tend to turn these games on when I get home from work and watch them while I'm doing other things. I know that kind of media bias exists in all professional sports though and it can be really irritating when it's against your team, so I understand your frustration.

There is a way for the  Blues to do something about it and that win the Cup. Maybe....just maybe then they might get a smidgen of respect. Until then I suppose I get why it’s always the other team.  It’s just annoying.

I’m still fuming about that Fn hand pass  :mehlin  :censored

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Referees:
Marc Joannette
Dan O'Rourke

Linesmen:
Jonny Murray
Matt MacPherson

Five bucks says one, some or all of these clowns work another playoff game in the next month.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I don’t know, I think the refs and league know they fucked up, and the refs from the SJ/VGK series didn’t move on after their screw up. Who knows...but the league has a huge mess to clean up. San Jose fans can never complain about officiating again
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I don’t know, I think the refs and league know they fucked up, and the refs from the SJ/VGK series didn’t move on after their screw up. Who knows...but the league has a huge mess to clean up. San Jose fans can never complain about officiating again

At least not in this post season. Series changing major call and now this game winner. Although, seeing how pissed the Blues players are right now I’m hopeful that just gave them the spark they needed to stop messing around. I’m still yet to be impressed by what I’ve seen from SJ...lots of fortunate goals with a couple legit ones sprinkled in there. So, I’m still not convinced they’ll win this series.

Offline dparrott

Here we go again.  Yes it was a bad no-call, but THE BLUES BLEW A TWO GOAL LEAD TO TIE IT!!!!!  Once again, blaming the refs for the team's failing to STOP THE OTHER TEAM!!!  The Saints, Knights and Blues all had leads and lost them.  Actually, the Blues were less than two minutes from winning it and failed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:12:29 AM by dparrott »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Can’t disagree though that there’s been some horrible officiating this post season
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Here we go again.  Yes it was a bad no-call, but THE BLUES BLEW A TWO GOAL LEAD TO TIE IT!!!!!  Once again, blaming the refs for the team's failing to STOP THE OTHER TEAM!!!  The Saints, Knights and Blues all had leads and lost them.  Actually, the Blues were less than two minutes from winning it and failed.

Homer statement if I ever saw one. Did you even see the play?  It's FAR different than the VGK call in that the blown call directly resulted in the game winning OT goal. The Blues never had a 2 goal lead - it was the Sharks that blew two 2-goal leads.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
How the hell can the league allow a hand pass?(obvious to everyone watching)
Dud they not review it?  I just saw the play.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Not reviewable.  With the way technology is these days, the number of cameras and angles available, there needs to be less restrictions on clear infractions that are missed by the human eye in real time.  I don't understand this notion of how some rules are reviewable, but others are not.  I mean, this one was blatant and obvious.  Same with the puck-over-glass that was missed (via Perron) earlier in the game.  Those things take a 15-second phone call from the situation room ... "hey guys, you missed this one.  Here's the right call".

The game is too fast for the refs to catch everything.  Missed / subjective calls during the course of the game are one thing.  A missed call that DIRECTLY determines the outcome of the game... that can't happen.  Like the NFL, who review EVERY scoring play... why can't the NHL do that?  And any direct infraction should be reviewable.

At least it wasn't Dallas/Buffalo OT-cup-winning-goal scenario.  Could you imagine that?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Referees:
Marc Joannette

Heard on the radio that the Sharks are 6-1 and the Blues are 0-4 with him reffing.

After the Blue Jackets scored a goal that went off the netting, there was some thought that the league would immediately fix these kind if scenarios.
Even Tuukka Rask mused that what would happen if this was OT in Game 7 of the finals.

EDIT: Oh my. I just watched the play. WTF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Avoiding the fact that the Blues never had a 2-goal lead, which means you have your facts wrong, this is a terrible take.  If you're a Sharks fan, take the gift and think yourself lucky, but don't even try to act like it wasn't bull shit.

This was far worse than the Saints/Rams thing, because this botched non-call literally ended the game.  The outcome of the game was 100% influenced by the 4 (!!!!) officials inability to see a blatant hand pass in the offensive zone that led directly to the winning goal. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It amazes me the restrictions to the obvious moments that need replay.  This happens in all sports.  Just an egregious use of replay.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I get that missed calls happen, but how do four officials all miss a hand pass??  Are none of them actually watching the puck.  I saw a comment last night that the officials probably didn't sleep last night because of it. Good. I hope this costs them future playoff games resulting in loss of income.

And to be clear, there is no conspiracy. The league doesn't win the Sharks to win, despite their officiating now potentially giving them two asterisks on series wins this postseason. It is just gross incompetence.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It truly is.  This is why in such big moments they have instant replay for.  These moments but because 4 refs didn't see it, it can't be reviewed?   

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Avoiding the fact that the Blues never had a 2-goal lead, which means you have your facts wrong, this is a terrible take.  If you're a Sharks fan, take the gift and think yourself lucky, but don't even try to act like it wasn't bull shit.

This was far worse than the Saints/Rams thing, because this botched non-call literally ended the game.  The outcome of the game was 100% influenced by the 4 (!!!!) officials inability to see a blatant hand pass in the offensive zone that led directly to the winning goal.

Yeah.....I get he’s happy about his team winning but a non call hook or high stick or in the case of missing Perron’s delay of game isn’t even in the same ball park as missing a pretty clear hand pass that ended the game. With SJ’s PP that has been 3 for it’s last 27 and the Blues PK that is killing at something like a 90% rate.....Perron’s non call didn’t mean SJ missed out on a goal. This non call resulted in a BS goal that won the Fn game.

Offline dparrott

Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Someone always screws the Blues
« Reply #941 on: May 16, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
OK sorry I thought it was 4-2 at some point.  I missed the 2nd.

Again, none of this would have happened if the Blues would have stopped the Sharks in the last 2 minutes, that's my point.  I'm not saying the Blues didn't get screwed, but letting the Sharks get that fourth goal is square on them. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Someone always screws the Blues
« Reply #942 on: May 16, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
OK sorry I thought it was 4-2 at some point.  I missed the 2nd.

Again, none of this would have happened if the Blues would have stopped the Sharks in the last 2 minutes, that's my point.  I'm not saying the Blues didn't get screwed, but letting the Sharks get that fourth goal is square on them.

No shit, Sherlock, but that has nothing to do with what happened in OT. 

Offline Anguyen92

After the Blue Jackets scored a goal that went off the netting, there was some thought that the league would immediately fix these kind if scenarios.
Even Tuukka Rask mused that what would happen if this was OT in Game 7 of the finals.

I remember when that happened when the Red Wings scored on the Kings in a similar manner back in 2013 to tie the game late in the 3rd and eventually win it.  That wasn't a fun day.  They still hadn't changed it and make these kinds of goals reviewable since then?  F'en joke.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:50:21 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline pg1067

Here we go again.  Yes it was a bad no-call, but THE BLUES BLEW A TWO GOAL LEAD TO TIE IT!!!!!  Once again, blaming the refs for the team's failing to STOP THE OTHER TEAM!

There are two distinct issues.

The refs fucked up on that game-winning goal.  That's an unarguable fact, regardless of where one's rooting allegiance lies.

That the team that was on the wrong end of that fucked up (non-)call had opportunities to score more goals or prevent the winning team from scoring goals before that fucked up (non-)call (e.g., the Sharts blew a 2 goal lead) is a completely unrelated issue.

An inexcusably bad (non-)call needs to be called out for what it is, and minimizing the egregiousness of what happened by pointing out that the Blues had other opportunities in the game has nothing to do with it.

I remember when that happened when the Red Wings scored on the Kings in a similar manner back in 2013 to tie the game late in the 3rd and eventually win it.  That wasn't a fun day.  They still hadn't changed it and make these kinds of goals reviewable since then?  F'en joke.

You're talking about the goal where the puck bounced off the net behind the net and then off of Quick's back and into the net?  That was lame, but it was an early regular season game, so not quite the same magnitude.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung