Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91441 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Round 2 -All guts and glory-a!
« Reply #840 on: May 09, 2019, 06:04:10 AM »
Sharks vs Blues. Two of my favorite teams in the West and the entire league. Hopefully one of these teams can finally bring their fan base the joy of winning a championship. I can’t even stomach the idea of Boston winning three out of four championships over the course of a year.

I could've typed this word for word.  I've been a quasi-Sharks fan since they got the franchise.  I decided that I'd be a fan from the get-go, and not be a band-wagon jumper just when they got good.  Every year, I'm (at the very least) casually rooting for them, but not this serious.  Blues all the way.  But more importantly, A.B.B.  Anyone. But. Boston.  God I hate all of their franchises.  When the fuck did Marchand think he was Belichick?  I don't think I hate any player as much as I hate him - because of his personality.  I respect the hell out of his talent and skills, but man, what a Grade-A douche that guy is.

Bask in the suckitude of the Celtics.

I'm basking hard this morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #841 on: May 09, 2019, 06:15:42 AM »
Not to talk basketball on a hockey thread but the C's are unlikable right now.  The piss poor attitudes from the players are the opposite of what the B's players bring.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #842 on: May 09, 2019, 06:37:23 AM »
Not to talk basketball on a hockey thread but the C's are unlikable right now.  The piss poor attitudes from the players are the opposite of what the B's players bring.

I hate to burst your bubble Broseph, but *all* Boston teams are unlikable ... ALL the time.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #843 on: May 09, 2019, 06:47:08 AM »

I hate to burst your bubble Broseph, but *all* Boston teams are unlikable ... ALL the time.   :lol

:lol

You just hate Mushmouth.  He's like Ken Linesman.  You hated him on other teams but when he's on your team he's your "rat." :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #844 on: May 09, 2019, 07:29:36 AM »
Don't get me wrong ... I'd love to have his talent, and in-game grit on 'my' team.  But I'd hate to have his personality - and the cheap shit he does like the recent punch in the back of the head, or the face-licking.  Makes me want to reach thru the screen and cunt-punch him.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #845 on: May 09, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »
I don't care which wins the cup, but given these finals I know exactly who I'm rooting for this round, go Canes and Blues.

Currently 3 for 12, far and away the worst I've ever done in picking playoff series.

In spite of what I'm hoping for, my official picks are for the Blues and Bruins.

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #846 on: May 09, 2019, 07:51:52 AM »
Don't get me wrong ... I'd love to have his talent, and in-game grit on 'my' team.  But I'd hate to have his personality - and the cheap shit he does like the recent punch in the back of the head, or the face-licking.  Makes me want to reach thru the screen and cunt-punch him.

Oh I get it.  He even plays into the bad guy role as well.  Waving at fans when they boo him.  he likes it.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #847 on: May 09, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
Man Count.  Boston is in your head.  Bask in the suckitude of the Celtics.

I’m a New Yorker and a Jets and Yankees fan. It’s not in my head. It’s in my blood.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #848 on: May 09, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »
Me too.  We haven't had a good hate between teams in a while. Maybe Sox/Yankees.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: May 09, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
Can the refs stop calling these penalties they should let go in the playoffs?! That's not roughing. Jesus H... 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #850 on: May 09, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »
Other than Kuraly punching the guy, it was a brutal call! :lol

Seriously, the Canes guy got a way with a cheap shot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #851 on: May 09, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
Slew foot to Krug but I'd rather they let them play. As long as they don't call plays like that Kuraly call.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #852 on: May 09, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
Canes have gotten away with a ton of shit so far.

Bruins have been brutal at the dot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #853 on: May 09, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
Another suck ass 2nd period by the B's.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #854 on: May 09, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Currently 3 for 12, far and away the worst I've ever done in picking playoff series.

In spite of what I'm hoping for, my official picks are for the Blues and Bruins.

Please don't pick the Bruins! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: May 09, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
Another suck ass 2nd period by the B's.

Yup.  The Canes are beating them to the pucks and the bodies.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #856 on: May 09, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »
It still grosses me out that the Sharks won the 1st round because of that awful call in Game 7, and now they've made it to the 3rd round where they'll probably knock out my Blues just to annoy me even further. :censored :censored

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #857 on: May 09, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
It still grosses me out that the Sharks won the 1st round because of that awful call in Game 7, and now they've made it to the 3rd round where they'll probably knock out my Blues just to annoy me even further. :censored :censored

The Sharks ‘might’ win two games this series. They haven’t played a team as deep as the Blues yet that can roll four lines on you....four tough lines.

Not saying the Sharks are a push over....but I’ve watched a lot of their games this post season in anticipation of playing them. Should the Blues just continue playing how they’ve been playing it’ll be ok in my mind.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #858 on: May 09, 2019, 07:56:11 PM »

The Sharks ‘might’ win two games this series. They haven’t played a team as deep as the Blues yet that can roll four lines on you....four tough lines.

Not saying the Sharks are a push over....but I’ve watched a lot of their games this post season in anticipation of playing them. Should the Blues just continue playing how they’ve been playing it’ll be ok in my mind.

Please don't do this. :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #859 on: May 09, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »
 :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #860 on: May 09, 2019, 07:57:33 PM »
I want Carolina to win the series to further piss off Don Cherry and because I don't want to ever see Marchand hoist a cup again

Really want St. Louis to win because I love the fact that in January, it was draft lottery talk, now we're talking about Conference Finals and hopefully cup finals. Love the story there.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: May 09, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »
What a swing in the 3rd!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: May 09, 2019, 08:21:21 PM »

Please don't do this. :lol :lol

:lol    At this point I’m over jinx’s or anything superstitious. Sharks could sweep the Blues as far as I know.....all I know is I felt a lot more nervous playing the Stars than I do the Sharks.

Let’s get to the games and see where this takes us.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #863 on: May 09, 2019, 08:43:12 PM »
Game over.  Thank God.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #864 on: May 09, 2019, 08:51:38 PM »
   At this point I’m over jinx’s or anything superstitious.

So speaking of that, I went to pour a beer for the game. For game 4 of the Columbus series, when Backes went in the lineup, I started wearing my Backes shirt and I switched beer mugs.
Anyway, I couldn't find my mug, but then it occurred to me that the dishwasher was running. I asked my wife if my "mug" was in the dishwasher. My wife told me she was cleaning it for the next round.

Cleaning it for the next round?? :omg:

WTF??

I'm like, I'm not washing this shirt!!!!

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #865 on: May 10, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
My superstitions got the best of me during Double OT with Blues & Stars. I remembered the horror of seeing Yzerman score on the Blues' last Game 7 Double OT, and realized that when the Blues defeated the Blackhawks on Game 7 a few years ago, I was listened to the radio. And so I suddenly turned the TV off and listened to the game instead, and just a few minutes later, Maroon scored :)  Let's go Blues! Only eight more glorious Glorias to go--I don't think I'll ever get sick of that tune.
I am also less nervous about the Sharks than the Stars, but then again, it seems that the Sharks are experiencing divine intervention with all these fluky Game 7 calls going their way. That's why we need to get eliminate them fast!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:24:32 PM by Dittomist »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #866 on: May 11, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
Watching the World Championships this morning...and I must say, I love Great Britain's uniforms.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #867 on: May 11, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
Watching the World Championships this morning...and I must say, I love Great Britain's uniforms.

Kaapo Kakko has scored 5 goals in 2 games, two of them empty-netters. The other three were basically like you want to see all of them, this kid is really special.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:58:29 PM by Luoto »
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #868 on: May 11, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
Based on the pre-game chatter by NBC, we Blues fans should be honored that our team gets the distinction of being there while the Sharks get crowned.  The slurping of the Sharks is already at nauseating levels.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: May 11, 2019, 07:56:19 PM »
Based on the pre-game chatter by NBC, we Blues fans should be honored that our team gets the distinction of being there while the Sharks get crowned.  The slurping of the Sharks is already at nauseating levels.

Based on the lackluster effort the Blues are putting forth in this game....someone should remind them that they haven’t won anything yet. Ugly effort going on. Itd be one thing if San Jose were just playing out of their minds but that’s not the case here. Just horrid and sluggish play from the Blues.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #870 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:18 AM »
Everyone gets an 'off' night.  Hopefully that was Binnington's one (and only) off night.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #871 on: May 12, 2019, 06:53:31 AM »
Everyone gets an 'off' night.  Hopefully that was Binnington's one (and only) off night.

Wasn’t even so much Binnington. They all played like butt. You can’t give a team either the talent SJ has 20 freaking turnovers. Like....unforced....wasn’t even a heavy forecheck or pressure....just really bad plays.  Oh well.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #872 on: May 12, 2019, 06:59:11 AM »
Agreed.  The 3rd goal he probably should have stopped (although it looked like he might have gotten screened), but he had no chance on the first two goals, the 4th goal was a spectacular individual play by the goal scorer (cannot remember who, but I have seen Tarasenko score goals like that before), and the 5th goal was just bad luck (Shark threw the pick towards the front of the net and it hit Dunn's skate and ricocheted past him before he could blink.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #873 on: May 12, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »
Going down 1-0 shouldn't be a bid deal, but the Blues are definitely going to have to up their game.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: May 12, 2019, 07:32:53 AM »
Going down 1-0 shouldn't be a bid deal, but the Blues are definitely going to have to up their game.

Yeah. No worries here yet. Now if the same effort shows up in game two I’ll be worried.