Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 92333 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. time to dance
« Reply #595 on: April 14, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »
DeBrusk took out Kadri with a dirty knee to knee hit earlier in the game, so I say give them both a suspension and move on.

He did not stick out his leg. In fact he was leaning with his shoulder. He certainly didn’t try and not make contact, but his leg was tight to his body.

There was nothing dirty about it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #596 on: April 14, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
DeBrusk took out Kadri with a dirty knee to knee hit earlier in the game, so I say give them both a suspension and move on.

What Tim said but those 2 were at each other for 2 games. Pleanty of cheap shots for both buy Kadri should have just dropped the gloves.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #597 on: April 14, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »

He did not stick out his leg. In fact he was leaning with his shoulder. He certainly didn’t try and not make contact, but his leg was tight to his body.

There was nothing dirty about it.

DeBrusk had his stance pretty wide - he knew what he was doing ... but it wasn't dirty.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #598 on: April 14, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
It was unsafe, and if you don't have control of your body enough to not deliver what could result in a serious injury to your opponent, it is dirty, unintentional or not, IMO.  It's like if you are waving your stick around and take someone's eye out.  Even if it wasn't intentional, the way you are playing led to it and that is a dirty way to play.  There are players like that on every team.

In the meantime, the Pens are 6 minutes away from being down 3-0.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #599 on: April 14, 2019, 12:50:51 PM »
The Pens look gassed out both physically and mentally. Not sure what to think of Sullivan's coaching either.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »
It was unsafe, and if you don't have control of your body enough to not deliver what could result in a serious injury to your opponent, it is dirty, unintentional or not, IMO.  It's like if you are waving your stick around and take someone's eye out.  Even if it wasn't intentional, the way you are playing led to it and that is a dirty way to play.  There are players like that on every team.

You talking about Kardi??

Debrusk isn't a dirty kid. Not even close, Kev. Obviously you haven't watched any Bruins games this year.  He's hard nosed and going up against a douche like Kadri, well, he isn't going to back down. the play in question looked like two guys playing chicken. It was Kadri who flinched at the last second. He obviously misread Debrusk's angle. If anything, Debrusk's knee was angled to the inside.
Now Debrusk certainly didn't shy away from contact, but he lead with his shoulder. Unless you're a fanboy or a hater, there's no way that could be called a dirty play.

Unsafe? A guy skating his lane is not unsafe just because someone gets in his way. There's a lot more dirty shit going on.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Well, yeah.  If you had to take a shot every time there was a dirty play in a hockey game, even the most hardcore drinker would be blackout drunk by the end of the 1st period. :lol :lol

And I didn't say DeBrusk was a dirty player; I said it was a dirty play, which it was.  One of many you see in every game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2019, 02:42:21 PM »
OK, we'll agree to disagree. The play wasn't dirty.  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »
On the dirty level that is at 10%.

Kadri was 100% dirty. Youve got to be smart about it and now their he's out of the playoffs 2 years in row.  Debrusk's history speaks differently and when you deal with a player that crosses the line all the time, this is the result.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
With both Kucherov and Hedman out, Columbus HAS TO win this game.

And I love Josh Anderson. That kid is a stud. He really stood out to me during those two late season games against the Bruins.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2019, 08:33:14 PM »
Ugly game by the Blues tonight.  The Jets were the far better team for the first two periods and apparently the third as well (I turned it off at 3-1 to watch GoT).

Oh, and :lol :lol at the Lightning.  What a gag job.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:49 AM »
The only thing about the Bolts that I'm upset at is having loaded up on them in both my pool submissions.  I just threw $40 away.  It's incredible how the tables can turn so fast - a team that barely made it in to the playoffs is dominating a team that steamrolled the league for 82 games.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline romdrums

« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2019, 06:52:14 AM »
The only thing about the Bolts that I'm upset at is having loaded up on them in both my pool submissions.  I just threw $40 away.  It's incredible how the tables can turn so fast - a team that barely made it in to the playoffs is dominating a team that steamrolled the league for 82 games.

My bracket is wrecked if the Bolts go down as well.  They are getting destroyed by the Blue Jackets.  As a co-worker of mine, who's a Lightning fan, said, "this is like watching your real dad, who's been out of your life for so long, coming to your house and beating the crap out of your cool new step-dad on your front lawn."
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »
The Pens look gassed out both physically and mentally. Not sure what to think of Sullivan's coaching either.

Me neither. It's hard when the guy won 2 cups in the last three years, but some of his lineup and strategic decisions in this series are horrible.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2019, 07:40:21 AM »
That Ovie KO punch....damn!

-Caps got steamrolled by Carolina.
-Toronto beat the Bruins. Toronto looks like a Jekyll and Hyde team.
-Stars Preds series is going to be a close one. I think Nashville will pull it off. Still baffled on why Hitch was hired last year. Stars pretty much threw out last year with their core under Hitchcock. Stars could of beaten the Preds if it wasn't for last years coaching gaffe.
-Colorado is going to be a beast of a team in the next year or two. Still think Calgary has a better team.
-Flyers fans: Why did they hire Vigneault?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:08 AM »
I think actually it's Boston that looks like Jeckyll and Hyde.  When they were able to get the Leafs off their line matchup strategy, and were physical as hell, they took it to them.  With the last change advantage, the Leafs have been able to get the matchup they want, and the Leafs have a slight advantage (at the moment) with the #1 lines.  Getting the PP going also helped.  Couple of chincy penalty calls last night, but at least the refs were consistent.

Marner!!  Damn, if he keeps going like this, it's gonna be hard to sign him for less than $10M.  Honestly, he's more valuable than Matthews.  The way the team mobbed him after those final two blocked shots was like he'd scored the OT winner.

Carolina played perfectly.  Mrazek was outstanding.  I can see Flames/Avs going to game 7 - Flames goaltending is just too inconsistent.  And yeah... Avs are gonna be scary good in a couple of years.

So, do the Bolts become the first President's Trophy winners to get swept in round 1?  Turning point game for the Jets too.  I'd like the Sharks to comeback, but I'm not invested at all in that series.  I wonder if the Pens are about ready to get blown up - the core of their championships are all past their prime (Sid's 100 point season notwithstanding).  Given all 6 D and top 7 forwards are contracted thru the next couple of years, I dunno what they can do.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »
-Marner's block were freaking amazing. I think this will jumpstart Toronto for the next game.
-I want Torts to win this series. Big fan of him.
-Problem with the Pens is that even if they blow up the team, they don't have many prospects to use from their minors. I really hope Rutherford gets the boot after this season. His moves this season were head scratchers. They still have a decent enough of a core to do a quick rebuild, but I don't think Rutherford is the guy to do this. And Sullivan is a good coach but hope he learns from this season's mistakes. All that line shuffling and inconsistent lineups killed some of the chemistry that the Pens had.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2019, 05:10:58 PM »

Marner!!  Damn, if he keeps going like this, it's gonna be hard to sign him for less than $10M.  Honestly, he's more valuable than Matthews.  The way the team mobbed him after those final two blocked shots was like he'd scored the OT winner.

Yeah, that was a great moment. Good for him. He looks so young and unassuming but he is one greasy mofo. He kills the Bruins.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2019, 05:17:40 PM »
Is Pierre Maguire on crack tonight? Settle down bro! :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »
The Lightning are on the verge of being the biggest laughingstock ever.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2019, 06:31:22 PM »
They look completely out of sync right now and not to take anything away from Columbus, but the puck doesn't seem to be bouncing their way either. I have a soft spot for Tampa because I like a lot of players on their team, so it's disappointing for me to see them go down like this  :facepalm:

Edit: and just moments after I posted, they scored. I hope they can come back and win this one here...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #616 on: April 16, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »
WOW!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #617 on: April 16, 2019, 07:48:45 PM »
Crazy!

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #618 on: April 16, 2019, 07:52:14 PM »
It's hard to believe Tampa was swept after such a great season! I'm happy for Columbus and Torts, though.

Online goo-goo

« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2019, 08:17:50 PM »
Pens swept by Islanders. Hoping that Pens ownership get rid of Rutherford.

What a story the turnaround of Lehner has been this year.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
It's hard to believe Tampa was swept after such a great season! I'm happy for Columbus and Torts, though.

People actually root for Tortorella?

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »

People actually root for Tortorella?

:rollin

I don't root for him, but he's done an excellent job coaching that team this season and deserves a lot of credit for the position they're in now.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »
That has to be one of - if not THE most shocking upset ever. Can't say anything we aren't all already thinking.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2019, 08:52:18 PM »
The action in this Jets-Blues game is incredible!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2019, 09:39:36 PM »
Tampa and Pittsburgh getting swept out of the playoffs makes TheCount a very happy man.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2019, 11:20:22 PM »
Was gonna comment about the Blues game tonight but I’m still fuming. Bottom line the game was there for the taking and they blew a great chance to take command of the series.

Bunch of players on the Blues really begging for me to go old school rage post on them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #626 on: April 17, 2019, 12:38:56 AM »
Was gonna comment about the Blues game tonight but I’m still fuming. Bottom line the game was there for the taking and they blew a great chance to take command of the series.

Bunch of players on the Blues really begging for me to go old school rage post on them.

I still remember the post from a few years ago where you took a picture of yourself flipping off every page of your Blues calendar. I genuinely like St. Louis and find myself rooting for them far more often than I root against them, but that post was one of the highlights of my four and a half years as a forum member.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline dparrott

« Reply #627 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:48 AM »
Can't believe TB.  Anything can happen!

And the Sharks are about to crash and burn AGAIN!!!   :facepalm: :loser: :censored >:( :tdwn
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #628 on: April 17, 2019, 01:20:06 AM »

I still remember the post from a few years ago where you took a picture of yourself flipping off every page of your Blues calendar. I genuinely like St. Louis and find myself rooting for them far more often than I root against them, but that post was one of the highlights of my four and a half years as a forum member.

I was SO ticked at that series loss. My limbs were shaking I was so mad. I’ve gotten ‘better’ over the past few years. But tonight’s game really pi$$ed me off. It’s my fault though for convincing myself the Blues might actually mount a run this post season. Should have known better.

I know it’s a 2-2 series but there are several key players who are just absent.....not gonna win anything without all hands on deck.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline romdrums

« Reply #629 on: April 17, 2019, 06:56:33 AM »
That has to be the biggest choke of all time.  On the flip side, that's a hell of a way to win your franchise's first playoff series.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.