Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 92338 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. jockeying for position
« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »
Georgiev stole two from the Leafs this year as well.  56 shots on goal back in Feb; 45 a couple weeks back.  That kid is gonna be a nice replacement for Lundqvist.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #526 on: April 01, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
Georgiev stole two from the Leafs this year as well.  56 shots on goal back in Feb; 45 a couple weeks back.  That kid is gonna be a nice replacement for Lundqvist.

He saved at least three 'for sure' goals that game. On top of just being under siege for most of the game. You could 'sense' that was going to be the case all night after a couple of the early big saves that any other night are goals.

All indications are that the Blues/Preds will face each other first round. Just gonna be who has home ice. Sets up another great Brother in Law match up.  :lol   

The Miller's are heading to Nashville from April 17th thr the 21st to see Dream Theater on that Wednesday night and spend Easter there. My Bro in Law an I have already floated the idea of 'if' there is a game in Nashville when I'm there that we may just have to get to it. I'm sure it'll be affordable  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #527 on: April 01, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
Win or lose in the shootout, the end of this Blues game has been gross.  As great as they've been since January, they blow way too many 2-goal leads. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #528 on: April 01, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »
Win or lose in the shootout, the end of this Blues game has been gross.  As great as they've been since January, they blow way too many 2-goal leads. :facepalm: :facepalm:

That had less to do with the Blues blowing a lead and more to do with the Avs freaking pouring it on to get at least a point. (2) deflection goals that Binnington had zero chance on. I don’t think they have anything to apologize for. Just beat one of if not the hottest teams in hockey. Like they did against Tampa.....then Vegas....now the Avs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #529 on: April 01, 2019, 08:59:32 PM »
That had less to do with the Blues blowing a lead and more to do with the Avs freaking pouring it on to get at least a point. (2) deflection goals that Binnington had zero chance on. I don’t think they have anything to apologize for. Just beat one of if not the hottest teams in hockey. Like they did against Tampa.....then Vegas....now the Avs.

I hear ya. I am just aggravated to not get the ROW.  They could have had a 2-game lead in that tiebreaker over Nashville with three to play, but it's still just 1.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #530 on: April 02, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
So I'm watching the Bruins game tonight and the bottom scroll is showing scores. Seems the Oilers are up on the Avs.
Then I see "Goal: Lucic (6)"

Wait wut??

6 fucking goals for Milan Lucic? Are you kidding me? What a fucking pant load.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2019, 10:19:47 PM »
So I'm watching the Bruins game tonight and the bottom scroll is showing scores. Seems the Oilers are up on the Avs.
Then I see "Goal: Lucic (6)"

Wait wut??

6 fucking goals for Milan Lucic? Are you kidding me? What a fucking pant load.

He's paid a million per goal.  I think he needs to give Chiarelli weekly BJs, too.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: April 03, 2019, 05:01:16 AM »
That was a solid ass-whoopin the Bs laid on CBJ last night.

As opposed to the Leafs who had 2 shots on goal thru the first 1/2 of the game.  Another stinker, and two tough games to finish up.  Right now, I'm predicting the Bs in 5.  At least that'll give Dubas a few extra weeks to figure out how to put all the contracts into place.

Looks like Colorado has locked up the last WC spot in the west.  Montreal's chances are slim - they've got two much tougher opponents than Columbus does.  None-the-less, if anyone can find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Torts.   :lol

Unreal that the Blues have a chance to win the Central.  Given the way the Jets have been playing lately, I'd say it's a very realistic chance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:09:49 AM by jingle.boy »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. only 2 to go
« Reply #533 on: April 07, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »
Looks like we get the Jets in the first round.  Not the best matchup given their size, but given where the Blues were 3 months ago, I will take it.  They have the 4th best odds to win the Cup heading into the postseason. That is wild.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: April 07, 2019, 07:37:33 AM »
Last place on Jan 3, to almost winning the Division. Damn impressive. And given the Jets play of late, there should be reason for optimism.

I finished 4/140 in my pool - good for $200!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #535 on: April 07, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »
Looks like we get the Jets in the first round.  Not the best matchup given their size, but given where the Blues were 3 months ago, I will take it.  They have the 4th best odds to win the Cup heading into the postseason. That is wild.

I think Blues/Jets is the best matchup in the first round.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: April 07, 2019, 12:12:33 PM »
I’m greedy and am lamenting hard the three points we handed away over the past few games. Last Friday in NY losing 4-2 with (47) shots on goal and utterly dominating the game and the lackluster effort in Chicago where we only got a point. There’s your Central Division Championship after being dead last.

As far as winding up with Winnipeg.....could go either way. I think Winnipeg is the tougher of the two teams between they and the Preds.....so let’s just get it on. Blues have been tough the last twenty games or so.....so they’re no push overs. It’ll all come down to goaltending like it usually does in the playoffs so we’ll see if Binnington can remain solid or if he’ll crumble and become yet another goalie in the long string of goalies the Blues have had that couldn’t do the trick for them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. time to dance
« Reply #537 on: April 08, 2019, 06:47:39 AM »
Alright Chad.  Thursday it's on like Donkey Kong.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: April 08, 2019, 08:11:47 AM »
Yeah... not much of a fight methinks.  Leafs have been horrible since the end of Feb - 29th in GAA and Save %; bottom 1/2 of the league in points.  Not sure they are gonna get their shit together in 3 days.

But anything can happen.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #539 on: April 08, 2019, 08:17:15 AM »
IDK, the leafs fought to a game 7.  Hockey is the one sport where all seeds have a chance.  I'm not taking the Leafs lightly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #540 on: April 08, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »
If they play like they are *capable* of playing, then there's always a chance.  They've been a wreck for too long, I don't see them righting the ship by Thursday.

Bruins in 5.  I'd love to be wrong though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #541 on: April 08, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »
Best two weeks of the year in sports begins Wednesday!  :metal :metal :coolio :hat

Offline romdrums

« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »
Since I don't have a dog in the fight, I'd like to see Tampa Bay win the whole thing.  Would probably most like to see a Jets-Bolts final.  I think Colorado is most likely to pull the first round upset.  Even though they are essentially a one line team, that's a pretty amazing line they have with MacKinno, Rantanen and Landeskog.  Looking forward mostly to the Draft Lottery tomorrow.  Hoping the Wings get a top-2 pick.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #543 on: April 08, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
My daring (or not so daring) predictions:

Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

Looking forward to the BOS v. TOR and WPG v. STL series.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: April 08, 2019, 11:21:54 AM »

East
Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West (going complete opposite of you here pg)
Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »
East
Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West
Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

We will know soon enough but I'm not sure that Winnipeg can just flip the switch back on. They haven't looked very good for a while now. That last game against Arizona 'looked' good on paper....but....the last time Winnipeg played the Blues was December 7th when the Blues were horrid. I know I'm a 'homer' and all but the Blues have been one of...if not the best team in the league the past month/month and a half. They're playing really well and IF they play the way they've been playing they'll be tough to beat.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2019, 01:37:49 PM »

East
Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West
Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »

East
Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West
Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

I think these would probably be my exact picks too. Can't wait, I'm totally ready for some playoff hockey!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
Tampa
Toronto
Washington
New York

Calgary
Vegas
Nashville
St. Louis
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
East
Tampa Bay
Boston
Washington
New York

West
Calgary
Las Vegas
Nashville
Winnipeg

Would prefer Toronto winning, but unfortunately the Bs and Leafs went in opposite directions while going into the playoffs.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
East

Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West

Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2019, 07:03:54 PM »
Well, Kings get #5 in the draft.  I'm never felt so sad about a high draft pick until now, given how badly we played all season.  I would have hoped we gotten top 3.  Somehow the Blackhawks jumped nine spots from #12 to #3, which is honestly rubbish.  Amazingly, the Devils got the #1 pick.  Having Taylor Hall on your squad continues to bring the good luck vibes in the lottery if you don't make it to the playoffs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:54:15 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »
Number 2 in the draft is awesome! Just wish it wasn’t the Devils who got number 1.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2019, 10:36:48 PM »
East

Tampa Bay v. Columbus
Boston v. Toronto
Washington v. Carolina
New York v. Pittsburgh

West

Calgary v. Colorado
San Jose v. Las Vegas
Nashville v. Dallas
Winnipeg v. St. Louis

It pains me to take Calgary in any series ever,  but i think Colorado is put to bed might early in that one.

And , Toronto probably beats Boston. I just really don't want them to

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2019, 04:52:59 AM »
I'll never forget the '93 playoffs, where both the Blackhawks and Bruins were #1 seeds - 21, and 23 points ahead of their round 1 opponents (Blues and Sabres), and both were swept 4-0.  Boston had gone into the playoffs 8-0-0, and won 18 of the final 21 games.

Their season ended with the infamous May-Day goal; Chicago ran into CuJo, and go shutout twice in the sweep.

I also remember the 2001 playoffs, and the running joke around town was that the Leafs were so out-matched that they were gonna lose to Ottawa in 3.  Turns out, they swept the Senators.

Anything can happen.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #555 on: April 10, 2019, 06:09:01 AM »
I'll never forget the '93 playoffs, where both the Blackhawks and Bruins were #1 seeds - 21, and 23 points ahead of their round 1 opponents (Blues and Sabres), and both were swept 4-0.  Boston had gone into the playoffs 8-0-0, and won 18 of the final 21 games.

How do you remember that? I don't even remember that.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: April 10, 2019, 06:30:59 AM »
I remember that......it was awesome!!!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2019, 06:39:33 AM »

Their season ended with the infamous May-Day goal; Chicago ran into CuJo, and go shutout twice in the sweep.

I also remember the 2001 playoffs, and the running joke around town was that the Leafs were so out-matched that they were gonna lose to Ottawa in 3.  Turns out, they swept the Senators.

Anything can happen.

The 93 playoffs were crazy overall.  28 OT games, and the Habs were part of ten of those.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2019, 07:29:30 AM »
That team was loaded.  Brian Sutter coached and Adam Oates had 140 points that year.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #559 on: April 10, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
Well, Kings get #5 in the draft.  I'm never felt so sad about a high draft pick until now, given how badly we played all season.  I would have hoped we gotten top 3.  Somehow the Blackhawks jumped nine spots from #12 to #3, which is honestly rubbish.  Amazingly, the Devils got the #1 pick.  Having Taylor Hall on your squad continues to bring the good luck vibes in the lottery if you don't make it to the playoffs.

Meh...it's the nature of a random draw.  I'm less worried about having the #5 pick than I am about Rob Blake being sufficiently competent to make a good pick.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung