Author Topic: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Free agents - frenzy and feast  (Read 91501 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. Trade Bait - 1 Stone left unturned
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2019, 09:47:18 AM »
Damn, I wish I would have stayed up for those amazing 12 seconds last night.

Note: this was not me quoting TAC's wife. :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #456 on: March 07, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »

:lol

It’s not necessary she’s awake for it anyway.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #457 on: March 07, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
Damn, I wish I would have stayed up for those amazing 12 seconds last night

I did. Made it worth it. Otherwise I was close to being highly irate.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »
Like me??

First end-of-2 lead the Leafs have blown all season. To Vancouver. VAN-FUCKING-COUVER!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #459 on: March 07, 2019, 03:36:29 PM »
Damn, I wish I would have stayed up for those amazing 12 seconds last night

I did. Made it worth it. Otherwise I was close to being highly irate.

Haha, I made it till early in the 2nd and then I was out. I will save being exhausted from staying up watching hockey for April and May. :hat

:lol

It’s not necessary she’s awake for it anyway.

:metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
THE B'S ARE UNSTOPPABLE!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2019, 07:42:21 PM »
Especially impressive with Pasta on the DL.

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!  With 7 seconds left!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2019, 07:46:08 PM »
Especially impressive with Pasta on the DL.

10-0-1 without him!

Goals per game is up!

Jake Debrusk out tonight. Damn.

Oh, and...

Patrice. Fucking. Bergeron!!!

Holy shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2019, 07:51:49 PM »
Every time I turn to a game things like this happen.   So far this season,  even with all the injuries has been very satisfying.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: March 07, 2019, 08:29:01 PM »
Every time I turn to a game things like this happen.   So far this season,  even with all the injuries has been very satisfying.

I can only hope that the post season is less than satisfying!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #465 on: March 07, 2019, 08:31:49 PM »

Count on it, bro!

Online Anguyen92

Re: Official 2018-2019 NHL Thread - v. 1 month to post-season
« Reply #466 on: March 08, 2019, 08:14:15 AM »
Regular reminder that the Kings are still pretty much garbage at everything right now.  How they and the Blackhawks (although points-wise, Blackhawks is doing better than the Kings, but standings-wise they are still last in the Central) have pretty much self-destructed in the last few seasons, compared to 4-6 years ago, is beyond me.  Have those big contracts really hampered those teams as a whole?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: March 08, 2019, 08:20:09 AM »

I always set my expectation on how a team is playing going into the playoffs.  Still a month away from that.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: March 08, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »
Regular reminder that the Kings are still pretty much garbage at everything right now.  How they and the Blackhawks (although points-wise, Blackhawks is doing better than the Kings, but standings-wise they are still last in the Central) have pretty much self-destructed in the last few seasons, compared to 4-6 years ago, is beyond me.  Have those big contracts really hampered those teams as a whole?

I know. And as a fan of a team who’s Stanley Cup ambitions were regularly ruined by those two teams it FREAKING AWESOME to watch.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #469 on: March 08, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »

I know. And as a fan of a team who’s Stanley Cup ambitions were regularly ruined by those two teams it FREAKING AWESOME to watch.  :lol

Let's not forget the Red Wings, who suck swamp water now as well.  I don't think I've ever hated a team as much as I hated the Red Wings for about a 10-year stretch (mid 90's - mid 00's).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: March 08, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
They were so damn good.  I expected them to be in the conference finals every year.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #471 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:26 AM »
From 1997 to about 2001, the Red Wings game in Boston was my Christmas present from The Lovely Mrs. TAC.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #472 on: March 08, 2019, 10:29:16 AM »

Leftovers from the two Kings' Stanley Cup winners:

Quick (33)
Brown (34)
Kopitar (31)
Carter (34)
Doughty (29)
Martinez (31)
Lewis (32)
Toffoli (26) (2014 only)
Clifford (28

Arguably, that's a pretty good core, but all but three are 31 or older, and pretty much all of them are having career bad years at the same time.  There are only 3 guys who have played in more than 40 games and have a positive +/-, and the only guy who's playing above his career average is Kyle Clifford.  Rob Blake needs to look at what Dean Lombardi did when the Kings were last at rock bottom in 2006.  That we didn't see some bigger trades at the deadline makes me wonder what Blake's plan is.

I don't think I've ever hated a team as much as I hated the Red Wings for about a 10-year stretch (mid 90's - mid 00's).

Ditto -- especially after the Wings swept the Kings in the first round of the 2000 playoffs.  The revenge series in 2001 was sweet!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #473 on: March 08, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »
Alex Ovechkin now has 10 regular seasons with at least 45 goals scored, more than any other player in NHL history.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #474 on: March 08, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »
Alex Ovechkin now has 10 regular seasons with at least 45 goals scored, more than any other player in NHL history.

Imagine where he would be with overall stats if he didn’t lose a season and a half to lockouts.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #475 on: March 10, 2019, 06:08:13 PM »
Bruins streak coming to an end tonight.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2019, 10:46:32 PM »
All right, the Kings may be dead last in the conference but if we're tanking and the only wins we've been getting in the last few weeks is against Blackhawks and Ducks (even if both teams do suck when it comes to points this season, as well), I'll take that as a moral victory.  If only we can add the Sharks to that list as well.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #477 on: March 12, 2019, 09:47:56 AM »
It's rather depressing to have 2 players in the top 5 scoring,  but no playoffs for a 12th time in 13 seasons in Edmonton. I sure hope thet hire a competent GM this time around.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #478 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:39 AM »
It's rather depressing to have 2 players in the top 5 scoring,  but no playoffs for a 12th time in 13 seasons in Edmonton. I sure hope thet hire a competent GM this time around.

It’s amazing.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #479 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:26 AM »

It’s amazing.
I suppose that's one way to put it lol.

I honestly can't remember the last time a non-playoff team had 2 top scorers.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #480 on: March 12, 2019, 11:30:23 AM »

Let's not forget the Red Wings, who suck swamp water now as well.  I don't think I've ever hated a team as much as I hated the Red Wings for about a 10-year stretch (mid 90's - mid 00's).

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #481 on: March 12, 2019, 11:46:36 AM »

Imagine where he would be with overall stats if he didn’t lose a season and a half to lockouts.

You could say that about all of the big stars who lost time due to those lockouts. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline romdrums

« Reply #483 on: March 13, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »

:biggrin:

Beating the Blues on the way to winning the Stanley Cup was a spring time tradition in Detroit back then.  I miss those days.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #484 on: March 14, 2019, 12:12:13 AM »

You could say that about all of the big stars who lost time due to those lockouts.

True, but Ovi has the stats on all of them as well. It’s truly awesome to be able to watch an all time great do his thing, and I believe that by the end of his career, Ovechkin will be considered a top ten, maybe even top five player of all time.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

« Reply #485 on: March 14, 2019, 07:20:43 AM »

True, but Ovi has the stats on all of them as well. It’s truly awesome to be able to watch an all time great do his thing, and I believe that by the end of his career, Ovechkin will be considered a top ten, maybe even top five player of all time.

04/05 would have likely been Ovi's rookie year if that season hadn't been canceled.  Given that this would have been the height of the clutch and grab era, I don't think Ovi would have put up 100 points and 50 plus goals.  Maybe 70-75 points, with 35 or so goals?  The half season in 2013 likely cost him another 20-25 goals, and he scored 32 that year in 48 games.  So, you could say he lost about 60-65 goals thanks to the lock outs, which would put him over 700 goals by now.  Pavel Dastyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, the Sedin twins, Joe Thornton, to name a few, probably would have 100-150 more career points if they had been able to play those seasons. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2019, 07:03:57 AM »
04/05 would have likely been Ovi's rookie year if that season hadn't been canceled.  Given that this would have been the height of the clutch and grab era, I don't think Ovi would have put up 100 points and 50 plus goals.  Maybe 70-75 points, with 35 or so goals?  The half season in 2013 likely cost him another 20-25 goals, and he scored 32 that year in 48 games.  So, you could say he lost about 60-65 goals thanks to the lock outs, which would put him over 700 goals by now.  Pavel Dastyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, the Sedin twins, Joe Thornton, to name a few, probably would have 100-150 more career points if they had been able to play those seasons. 

Add Marty St. Louis to that list - considering he lead the league in points '04, and the lockout season.

Also, 3L streak for Boston, with a desperate CBJ team on Saturday, and Isles after that.  :caffeine:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: March 15, 2019, 07:42:06 AM »
Just like that the Blues are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Three game losing streak.....last two losses to Arizona and Ottowa were games they utterly dominated yet couldn't score an effing goal. Tarasenko has been out those three games as well which disrupted that top line that was getting 4 or 5 points a night. Blues are now tied with Dallas with same amount of games played yet Dallas has the tie breaker so Blues are top wild card.

Gonna be a dog fight til the end....and honestly, if Tarasenko can't make it back (he's supposed to be evaluated in another 5 days = 3 more games) then they're truly done. Word is that it's his elbow that he fell on oddly.

Just another fun season of being a Blues fan. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
To be fair, the Coyotes are on a hell of a streak - best in the NHL right now.  They're playing with a mission, and just might sneak in - they're only 4 points behind Vegas, with 2 games in hand.

But yeah... 2-0 vs Ottawa is a big miss on the Blues part.

Leafs gotta bring a full 60-minute effort tonight, as the Flyers are also on their last legs of giving themselves a chance at a playoff spot.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »
To be fair, the Coyotes are on a hell of a streak - best in the NHL right now. 

While this may be true....the Blues pretty much dominated the game. Were it not for their goalie it 'could' have been 7-1, 5-0....one of those type games. Just couldn't score and then you know what happens....they get a goal on like 13 shots and end up winning.

Blues are hurting. We need Perron back....some type of offensive spark because no one is scoring. Wide open looks being shot into the chest of goalies....missing the net all the time....it's just ugly and it's snowballing.